Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Santa Clara show 18-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 19, 2019 18:56

maumau
Hairball
The shortest review I've ever written:

- FANTASTIC SHOW!
- Lucky Dips = PIT 2!!
- God Bless the Rolling Stones!!!
- Thank you, and good night!!!!

smiling smiley

Will have more detailed thoughts in the coming days. thumbs up

ahahahah glad you had a blast Hairball! looking forward your unabridged review smileys with beer

Unlike lengthier reviews I've written in the past, I might just be writing a few quick random thoughts in small trickles like this.

Midnight Rambler - Un-f*cking-believable!!!!!!

smiling smiley

Will probably write up a full length review/story at the end of the tour combining the four shows I will have attended - stay tuned....thumbs up
Heading south back down the highway for a couple nights at home, and then onward to Pasadena and finally Glendale after that....keep on rolling....

PS - thanks as always bye bye johnny for posting the pics and reviews. thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-19 19:00 by Hairball.

Re: Santa Clara show 18-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: August 19, 2019 19:39

DeanGoodman
Mick lost his voice half-way thru Satisfaction. Bernard, Sasha had to cover for him, quite loudly, while Mick mimed. He did not say good night/thank you, either.

I thought his mic went out. I noticed it as well he was definitely looking for some help thru the last bit.

And this is the first time I remember him not saying thank you.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 19, 2019 19:54

Hairball
maumau
Hairball

- FANTASTIC SHOW!
- Lucky Dips = PIT 2!!

smiling smiley

ahahahah glad you had a blast Hairball! looking forward your unabridged review smileys with beer

Unlike lengthier reviews I've written in the past, I might just be writing a few quick random thoughts in small trickles like this.

smiling smiley

Will probably write up a full length review/story at the end of the tour combining the four shows I will have attended - stay tuned....thumbs up
Heading south back down the highway for a couple nights at home, and then onward to Pasadena and finally Glendale after that....keep on rolling....

PS - thanks as always bye bye johnny for posting the pics and reviews. thumbs up

Sorry for the pun, but Missed You last night. Please write a review here. Still hoping for Happy. Take care man.smiling smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 19, 2019 21:07

have safe trip home and then another blast like this (yes even yt videos shows what yo mean about MR) smileys with beer

Date: August 19, 2019 21:09

here's (a blazing) satisfaction from Santa Clara to judge about Mick's condition

video: [www.youtube.com]

(me thinks there's nothing to worry about)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-19 21:19 by maumau.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 19, 2019 21:26

maumau
here's (a blazing) satisfaction from Santa Clara to judge about Mick's condition

video: [www.youtube.com]

(me thinks there's nothing to worry about)

Can't hear anything wrong with Micks voice or mic, sounds great to me.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 19, 2019 22:12

Hairball
cyclist
Started weeping tonight during Shelter. Such a miracle to see the Stones in 2019. Irreplaceable.

thumbs up

Yeah cyclist I can relate...had a few of those moments myself. Not quite weeping, but a bit choked with up with complete joy, and there might have been a tear forming in my eye at one point!

shattered
I kinda miss Hairball being signed in considering he is at the show.

Haha...well thanks shattered, I kind of missed you too. lol winking smiley

Took Amtrak for the Seattle show.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 20, 2019 00:18

He did say thank and/or acknowledge the audience at the end. I think it was "Thank you San Francisco, thank you Bay Area!"

plexi

Date: August 20, 2019 00:55

ROCKS OFF
video: [youtu.be]

Date: August 20, 2019 01:00

WOW! What a fantastic show. The best of the three I saw (Chicago2 Denver and Santa Clara). The weather was perfect. Not ungodly humid like Chicago. I nearly fell over when they played Out Of Control. And Let It Bleed. OMG! Glad to hear everyone had a great time.

Love and Peace.
Scotty

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 20, 2019 01:14

Funny thing with the internet vote songs is that they build up an expectancy that is rarely met on stage. Jagger kind of rushes through them. Almost apologetically. Which is a pity I think.
Sad Sad Sad may be the the exemption. It sounds pretty good on this tour.

Date: August 20, 2019 01:32

yes it is often as you say Stoneage, not in this case though where RO clocks at 5 min and some. also I find it pretty tight, but this is my opinion.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 20, 2019 01:44

I was thinking more of conviction and dedication than time, Maumau. I respect your opinion though. Of course.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 20, 2019 04:05

IORR editorial reports and pictures here:

The Rolling Stones
Levi’s Stadium
Santa Clara CA USA
Sunday August 18, 2019

More reports have arrived, and will be published later today.

Bjornulf

Date: August 20, 2019 05:44

Thanks bv for the pics and reviews...I'll check out the page show soon enough, and I'll try to throw together something to submit, but it would pretty much be a 100% gushing review.
Not joking - I'm in post-show bliss and everything is right in the world - the Rolling Stones blew me away last night. From the moment I arrived in Santa Clara to the moment I arrived home a couple of hours ago everything was RIGHT! From the friends I saw, to the new people I met, to the amazing and massive falafel platter I had at a local restaurant, to the freebie t-shirts I received, to the Luck Pit 2 Dips, and to the entire show itself (even Start Me Up was great!), it was all fantastic! Looks like I have the beginning to a good story/review right here and will do my best to make something bigger and better happen for the show page. Stay tuned...thumbs up

PS - the opening band sucked, and their final song dragged on seemingly forever - I suppose that's part of the punishment of being stuck in position in the Pit with no way to escape!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-20 05:46 by Hairball.

Date: August 20, 2019 05:52

[email protected]
WOW! What a fantastic show. The best of the three I saw (Chicago2 Denver and Santa Clara). The weather was perfect. Not ungodly humid like Chicago. I nearly fell over when they played Out Of Control. And Let It Bleed. OMG! Glad to hear everyone had a great time.

Love and Peace.
Scotty

Scotty dammit my friend it's been a while, and I didn't know you were gonna be there - you should have sent me a text or email! And you were also at Chicago #2 without telling me?!!! For crying out loud, WTF!!!
Rest assured, I'll be looking for you in Pasadena whether you want to see me or not (lol ), and if I don't find you there I'll be on the lookout in Glendale! You can run, but you can't hide....smileys with beer

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 20, 2019 06:50

[youtu.be] My YouTube page has full videos from the Pit of OOC and RocksOff and from the BStage crash of SV and LIB

What a great show !

On to Az...

John

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: August 20, 2019 07:24

Hairball
maumau
Hairball

- FANTASTIC SHOW!
- Lucky Dips = PIT 2!!

smiling smiley

smiling smiley

Yes, it was!!! I was there too!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 20, 2019 07:34

DeanGoodman
Mick lost his voice half-way thru Satisfaction. Bernard, Sasha had to cover for him, quite loudly, while Mick mimed. He did not say good night/thank you, either.

He saved his voice through the show, already on HTW. Bernard and Sasha did a lot of filling in the gaps, through the show, especially on the last 3-4 songs.

Bjornulf

Date: August 20, 2019 09:15

Stoneage
I was thinking more of conviction and dedication than time, Maumau. I respect your opinion though. Of course.

well quantity sometimes has something to do with quality grinning smiley but I understand whar you mean. nowadays unfortunately this happens sometimes with the less played songs where mick rely more on teleprompter and the band is less loose and "into" compared to the "warhorses". rocks off here is played as it could easily become a must in the setlist. like expecially keith's berry licks in the coda.

Date: August 20, 2019 09:16

bv
DeanGoodman

He saved his voice through the show, already on HTW. Bernard and Sasha did a lot of filling in the gaps, through the show, especially on the last 3-4 songs.

hope he recovers quickly then (finger crossed for all the fans)

Date: August 20, 2019 10:11

MizzAmandaJonez
[youtu.be] My YouTube page has full videos from the Pit of OOC and RocksOff and from the BStage crash of SV and LIB

What a great show !

On to Az...

John

thank you! top stuff smileys with beer

Date: August 20, 2019 11:58

maumau
ROCKS OFF
video: [youtu.be]

It's been many years since I heard a version as good as this one thumbs up

Good to see Mick singing it properly again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-20 11:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 20, 2019 12:59

A few comments about Mick's voice struggling towards the end of the show.

Hope it holds up OK for the remainder of the tour.

No too worried , he knows his voice and how to manage it.

[That's why it annoys me when folks criticise Mick for not bellowing his vocals with the same power he had 35 years ago.

If he'd kept that up... he wouldn't have a bloody voice at all by now ! ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-20 13:01 by Spud.

Re: The Rolling Stones - Santa Clara CA 18-August-2019
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 20, 2019 13:24

Nikkei
bye bye johnny
Richards took over on lead vocals for “You Got the Silver” and “Before They Make me Run.” The main upside to that segment was it gave Jagger a chance to catch his breath and he’d come back to the stage refreshed and ready to really motor on to the finish line.

Most diplomatic version of "This guy can't sing" ever

Actually he sang better than the singer winking smiley

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: August 20, 2019 18:58

Fantastic show! Really awesome crowd back in Field GA, met some cool fans from Brazil who's first show was Copacabana. This was a way better show for me than my last one, Oakland 2013. Sound was great, loud but not too loud, Keith high in the mix in the right places.

I get what people are saying about Mick/Keith moving around less and the music improving, but I think more of it has to do with how happy and relaxed they are on stage this tour. Mick is being wilder and goofier than we've seen in a long time, there's no need anymore to do the wing to wing sprints just to prove a point like on the 90's tours through ABB. They are all clearly having fun and the audience feeds off that. I did notice he backed off a bit during Satisfaction but I don't think it was concerning, I thought he sounded great for most of the night.

There's much more I can say that hasn't been said already. Out of Control was spot on, when the chorus hit and the lights went crazy the back of the floor turned into a rave. I also agree that Start Me Up was even a highlight.

Mick put a photo on his Insta story yesterday at Crystal Springs reservoir in San Mateo, looks like he did get out to see some local sights.

Ready for Pasadena!

Date: August 20, 2019 19:39

Paint It, Black was as hauntingly dark and bleak as you could imagine in the best possible way.
The lengthy ending sounded like some sort of chant or rally from the darkest depths of humanity - the overall vibe was unnerving and almost scary!
It's always lingered somewhere in my top 10 favorite Stones tunes, and after witnessing it again the other night guaranteed it will always have it's rightful place there.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 20, 2019 20:19

[www.youtube.com]

The GS intro was dark and cloudy white voodoo splash of notes real good version.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 20, 2019 20:32

There were the platic cup with Tour Logo available at Levi´s Stadium?

i did not see anybody with these in pictures.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 20:59

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home