Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 14, 2019 16:32

For general info, I use Wikipedia.org or worldstadiums.com whenever I'm researching an unknown venue or subject...

Perhaps Oro-Medonte tix could be transferable to Rogers Centre/SkyDome in Toronto, with several pricings available, similar to how European tickets were sold in stadiums the last two years? Who knows?

If some gigs were a no-go because of weather concerns, they could add several cities that have stadiums with a roof:

Toronto Rogers Centre
Montreal Stade Olympique
New Orleans Mercedes Benz Superdome
Seattle T-Mobile Park
Vancouver BC Place
St. Louis The Dome at America's Center

I'll double check the names, some of those may have changed to protect the innocent! eye popping smiley

They could swap a few venues, shrink the list of cities, or even do some of the shows in 2020 to fulfill the tickets already sold... lotsa possibilities I think...

And thanks to you, BV, for giving us a glimpse of what is being heard!! Your info is why so many of us are here!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 16:37 by TKinOH.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 14, 2019 16:37

bv
I have got rumours about two dates late October. If those rumours are accurate then the tour would be Sep/Oct rather than Jul/Aug/Sep. Also, it looks like the Wed/Sat concept might be back. Still too early to push out rumoured dates, as they might not be accurate or final.

The Stones played Century Link (formerly Qwest) Field in Seattle in October on the ABB tour. Dave Matthews opened. It was fine. It got a little chilly but nothing more than a sweat shirt was required. Early October is usually good in Seattle.

Date: April 14, 2019 16:48

Just checking on when the NFL's full schedule may be released...

Looks like they tend to release their full schedules about a week prior to the NFL Draft, which starts this year on 25th April. Seems maybe this coming week on Thursday, 4-18, or even as early as Tuesday, 4-16 could be the release...

Obviously the venues know their (un)available dates already, which would allow The Stones' team to work on the rescheduling of dates.

We may have a much clearer picture by the end of this week...

Date: April 14, 2019 16:55

If what BV is saying is true. Then that makes the new Ticketmaster order seem correct

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: April 14, 2019 17:05

jumpontopofmebaby
If what BV is saying is true. Then that makes the new Ticketmaster order seem correct

I was thinking the same

Date: April 14, 2019 17:10

If The Stones decided to retrace steps from Zip Code in 2015, there's other stadiums with roofs to explore:

Arlington AT&T Stadium
Detroit Ford Field
Atlanta Mercedes Benz Stadium
Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium
Minneapolis US Bank Stadium

And there's also:

San Antonio Alamodome

Get well, Mick, at your pace... Many thousands support you and the band!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 14, 2019 17:19

Thanks for the updates, bv.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 14, 2019 17:21

jumpontopofmebaby

It's been pointed out previously that the "order" changes depending on the location chosen:

Los Angeles - last city listed is Seattle

New York - last city listed is Santa Clara

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: April 14, 2019 17:31

Please god let the Chicago shows not be 9/14 and 18, those are the only damn dates that month that don’t work for me and it just seems like that’s where this is headed since the Bears open up on Thursday the 5th. Hopefully a Thursday night game would give them enough time to get the stage set up to play Saturday the 7th and the following Wednesday.

Date: April 14, 2019 17:42

In Denver late October the days are nice but the nights are cold. I wonder if on a weekend the Stones could come on at 6. Before the sun goes down. Seems like in 1981 they started the Dallas shows earlier.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2019 17:50

There is no point in changing stadiums. The tickets are sold. If they wanted to change venues and cities then they might just as well cancel the tour and start all over next year, but that does not make any sense at all financially.

We are talking about resheduling shows at already sold out venues. And sold out means anything from 80% or more, usually 99%.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 14, 2019 17:54

bv
My Denver date is late Oct. They played Soldier Field early Oct in 2006 and the stadium was only partly sold, so my question is if Denver is warmer or colder than Chicago late Oct, and there are no roof on the stadium? I guess they play football there in late Oct som at least football fans are used to dress up for events. Either the date is incorrect or that is their only option.
Chicago late October will most likely be very cold. Not ready for outdoor concerts.

Date: April 14, 2019 17:56

jumpontopofmebaby
In Denver late October the days are nice but the nights are cold. I wonder if on a weekend the Stones could come on at 6. Before the sun goes down. Seems like in 1981 they started the Dallas shows earlier.

Does anyone else remember 81 start time for the Stones. In Dallas the Fabulous Thunderbirds came on at noon. Followed by ZZ Top then the Stones. It seems like is was late afternoon when the Stones came on

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 17:57 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 14, 2019 18:05

Well, the football fans are there in their parkas with flasks in the pocket.
Maybe on the jumbo tron flash every 15 minutes:
Next week Rolling Stones!
Put on all your same gear, same transportation, same seats.
If all these Americans fill the seats for head banging,
they can fill it up for sex drugs rock roll, yes?

Date: April 14, 2019 18:08

“We are talking about resheduling shows at already sold out venues. And sold out means anything from 80% or more, usually 99%.”

What about returned tickets? Are the RS venues for the No Filter 3
still sold out 80% to 99% ?

Date: April 14, 2019 18:12

Let’s make the stage tiny, infrared heating all around the boys, thermal underwear for all.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: April 14, 2019 18:29

October can be a mixed bag when it comes to weather in Denver and Chicago. Indian summer (warm and dry) or cold and wet are possible. Snow is unlikely in October.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 18:30 by cmc.

Date: April 14, 2019 18:46

Oh boy here we go again, I feel it.

My H returned our $anta Clara pits
probably while I was sobbing over Mick
and our usually refund tax bill this year became due with the new tax laws
no political talk

I am 3 for 3 on my Stones shows.
3 MISSED with PRIME FRONT TICKETS IN HAND
3 ATTENDED AT PRIME LOCATIONS

Batter up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 18:47 by 35love.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 14, 2019 18:53

crholmstrom
bv
I have got rumours about two dates late October. If those rumours are accurate then the tour would be Sep/Oct rather than Jul/Aug/Sep. Also, it looks like the Wed/Sat concept might be back. Still too early to push out rumoured dates, as they might not be accurate or final.

The Stones played Century Link (formerly Qwest) Field in Seattle in October on the ABB tour. Dave Matthews opened. It was fine. It got a little chilly but nothing more than a sweat shirt was required. Early October is usually good in Seattle.

I really like the (late Aug?) Sept-Oct scenario.
Last Seattle show was Oct 17th, 2006, and as pointed out the weather was not an issue.

Great to hear that there are actually rumored dates for this time frame bv.
More time for Mick to recover, and much better than earlier talk of cancelation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 18:54 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 14, 2019 18:56

We are all going to the concert. No matter what week day or night or where. I am not playing around. I have Lucky Dip tix for Miami.

Even the pathetic Dolphins were sharing same stadium same night no one would notice

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 14, 2019 19:10

cmc
October can be a mixed bag when it comes to weather in Denver and Chicago. Indian summer (warm and dry) or cold and wet are possible. Snow is unlikely in October.
I hear Denver late Oct can go below freezing over night. Just hope date for Seattle/Denver is early Oct.Would work if tour starts early Sept in east or start in west early Sept.In Vancouver temp mid Oct 2017 was -4 cel overnite, in Oct 2018 mid Oct Vancouver temp was 0 or close.So late Oct Denver, Seattle can't be right,

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 19:27 by babyblue.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 14, 2019 19:34

Denver and Chicago in October? September could work.

I might give up my tickets.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 19:35 by angee.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2019 19:51

In the west, L.A. and Glendale will have no weather issues, nor will Santa Clara and possibly Seattle (though rain is always a possibility up there).
Moving all of those to the end, and bumping up colder cities towards the beginning might be a good strategy - all depending on stadium availability and countless other issues.
Whatever the case hope it happens one way or the other, and because there's even rumours and speculation about it, I take that as a good sign that things are going well for Mick at this point.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: April 14, 2019 20:12

RE Denver October

Average high 65F
Average low 36F
average monthly snowfall 4"

Some of the biggest snowfalls in history have been in October (16"-22")

So possible but risky.

Mick's also susceptible to laryngitis which can be brought on by cold weather AND dry climate (Denver in October).

I would not make the call to reschedule to October in Denver, on the other hand the promotors and ticket resellers at a minimum will not want to change venues, legally this will trigger refunds through all channels.

Chicago October

Average High 63F
Average Low 46F
average monthly snowfall .1

Earliest snowfall on record Oct 12, largest October snowfall appears to be about 4"

So Chicago appears to be less of a risk in October than Denver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 22:10 by coloradocanyons.

Date: April 14, 2019 20:57

mtaylor
bv
My Denver date is late Oct. They played Soldier Field early Oct in 2006 and the stadium was only partly sold, so my question is if Denver is warmer or colder than Chicago late Oct, and there are no roof on the stadium? I guess they play football there in late Oct som at least football fans are used to dress up for events. Either the date is incorrect or that is their only option.
Chicago late October will most likely be very cold. Not ready for outdoor concerts.

If they do two shows per week then it will be a 8 weeks tour. If the late Oct shows are valid rumors then there might be Chicago 5-6 weeks before that i.e. early Sept which I would assume is ok weather wise.

Bjornulf

Date: April 14, 2019 21:02

35love
“We are talking about resheduling shows at already sold out venues. And sold out means anything from 80% or more, usually 99%.”

What about returned tickets? Are the RS venues for the No Filter 3
still sold out 80% to 99% ?

We are talking about the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world, and tough tickets. I am sure most fans will hold on to their tickets. Most venues are sold out up to 95% or more already. If there are 5% to 10% returns picked up by others then they will still be 95% or more sold out for the rescheduled shows.

I have been following the Stones live for five decades and I can't remember any venues being empty. In fact less sold venues is a worry that never happens. They have been sold out 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and I can't see that 2019 will be any different.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 14, 2019 21:02

Early September is usually beautiful in Chicago. Might be light jacket weather for an evening show, but it would be fine.

Date: April 14, 2019 21:04

angee
Denver and Chicago in October? September could work.

I might give up my tickets.

I did never say CHI in Oct. I would assume CHI much earlier like 5-6 weeks before late Oct. Or even before that best case.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 14, 2019 21:09

I am so psyched that it looks like the tour will be in the fall, now I won't have to miss any of the shows I have tickets for!

Date: April 14, 2019 21:22

This reminds me like the A Bigger Bang North American Fall Tour In 2006 when they played In Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, New York during the months of September, October and November, I think that the upcoming tour will be simliar like this one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 21:24 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1521
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home