Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 13, 2019 23:36

A new album is in the works. Just be patient....

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 13, 2019 23:40

Be patient, no really ?eye rolling smileyeye popping smileygrinning smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 14, 2019 01:24

Argentina's Perfil published on their website a short interview with Daniel Grinbank, Argentinian producer involved in every Stones tour there.

"Perfil talked with Grinbank about Jagger's health:

According to Grinbank, "I'm now at Coachella with AEG's producers and they are waiting for a final answer of when Mick can return doing shows. To be physically recovered doesn't imply that he can immediately do a 2:15 hours concert with the same dynamics he puts on the stage."

There is no doubt that the operation was successfull, but for the time being he must continue his recovery as indicated by his doctors."

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 14, 2019 01:44

I know someone who had the same type of surgery on a Tues and was exercising on that Thurs. Mick said he would work hard to be back asap. That’s probably what he’s starting to do now. When he gets his strength and endurance and breath back to be able to sing for 2 hrs, it’ll be a GO. He’s already on the mend and walking in the park and outa the woods. It’ll be this summer, not next year.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2019 04:13

Thanks Cristiano for that informative bit of news from Daniel Grinbank - "There is no doubt that the operation was successful". thumbs up

Straycat13
I know someone who had the same type of surgery on a Tues and was exercising on that Thurs. Mick said he would work hard to be back asap. That’s probably what he’s starting to do now. When he gets his strength and endurance and breath back to be able to sing for 2 hrs, it’ll be a GO. He’s already on the mend and walking in the park and outa the woods. It’ll be this summer, not next year.

Here's to hoping that Mick has a full speedy recovery, and if the planets align we may see rescheduled dates sooner rather than later - but of course Mick's health comes first.
It helps that Mick was in excellent health for a man his age for the most part, and as part of his physical therapy I imagine he's singing "Don't Stop" for every mile he puts on the treadmill.
What started as a 'walk in the park' will eventually evolve in to fronting the greatest rock and roll band in the world in front of thousands of fans inside of gigantic stadiums singing 'Start Me Up'!!!
Whether it's this summer or beyond - the Stones will continue to roll just as they always have, and there's still the possibility there may be some new music somewhere down the line.

Keep going Mick! thumbs up

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 14, 2019 04:25

Rokyfan

No this is just the list of tba shows on TM. No reason to think you can infer anything, starting date, order of shows?

But its good to repeat them a few more times?

What's wrong? No one has repeated the entire pointless TM list for a couple of hours.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 14, 2019 05:25

Whenever Mick returns to performing I hope he stops running around the stage so much and concentrates more on his vocals.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 08:11 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 14, 2019 08:33

I think it is a wake up call for Mick.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2019 09:46

I have got rumours about two dates late October. If those rumours are accurate then the tour would be Sep/Oct rather than Jul/Aug/Sep. Also, it looks like the Wed/Sat concept might be back. Still too early to push out rumoured dates, as they might not be accurate or final.

Bjornulf

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 14, 2019 09:51

bv
I have got rumours about two dates late October. If those rumours are accurate then the tour would be Sep/Oct rather than Jul/Aug/Sep. Also, it looks like the Wed/Sat concept might be back. Still too early to push out rumoured dates, as they might not be accurate or final.

Thx. Cant wait.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2019 10:03

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: April 14, 2019 11:08

How is the Denver stadium late October? It must be close to freezing. Is there a roof there? Do the fans dress up like for winter storms for football? I remember the Chicago and Regina shows were simply freezing cold Early Oct 2006. Charlie had problems holding his sticks, and they had heating fans for Keith and the others.

Bjornulf

Date: April 14, 2019 11:21

If they do late Oct dates the tour might even go into Nov in warmer places.

Bjornulf

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 14, 2019 11:42

Thanks Bjornulf. Do you think all dates would be rescheduled? Oro-Medonte would be darn cold in October...

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 14, 2019 12:20

bv
How is the Denver stadium late October? It must be close to freezing. Is there a roof there? Do the fans dress up like for winter storms for football? I remember the Chicago and Regina shows were simply freezing cold Early Oct 2006. Charlie had problems holding his sticks, and they had heating fans for Keith and the others.

Denver would have to be Sept, Oct is cold. Tour early Sept to early Nov? This is late in year for stadiums. I'll need my winterparka. Aug to Oct is good.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 12:29 by babyblue.

Date: April 14, 2019 12:45

My Denver date is late Oct. They played Soldier Field early Oct in 2006 and the stadium was only partly sold, so my question is if Denver is warmer or colder than Chicago late Oct, and there are no roof on the stadium? I guess they play football there in late Oct som at least football fans are used to dress up for events. Either the date is incorrect or that is their only option.

Bjornulf

Date: April 14, 2019 12:49

Which stadiums of the 2019 tour has goot roofs?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 14, 2019 12:58

Denver in October might be really cold. Seems like that may be really their only option.
I wonder why they seem to go back to only two days rest? Is that a good sign or simply due to logistics?
I also asked myself if there is a possibility of additional shows being added to the schedule to make up rescheduling costs? They did it in 2014 in Australia.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 14, 2019 13:02

bv

Houston and Glendale.
Seattle has one, but it's not the one that was booked for May 22.
Toronto has one.

Date: April 14, 2019 13:04

As far as I know only Houston and Glendale shows got a roof.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 14, 2019 13:10

erikjjf
bv

Houston and Glendale.
Toronto has one.

I wonder if they coud move Oro-Medonnte to the stadium in Toronto. If I understand correctly, the site owner or promoter pitched that location to the tour promoter, so different entities would be involved, and approx 50% or so capacity. Purchased tickets wouldn’t easily transfer. It would be great but there are major hurdles I think. But if they have it in O-M in late October, the poster would have to include a snowball fight. grinning smiley

Date: April 14, 2019 13:10

I am not a recheduling expert but I assume they are able to postpone a show as long as the seat is the same but if they change stadium then they need to refund and sell the seats one more time, quite risky financially, if they end up in a colder part of the year. So I assume they stick with the same stadiums if possible.

Bjornulf

Date: April 14, 2019 13:14

I would assume they try to sort out Toronto and New Orleans with stadium shows. Toronto should be an easy sell-out and New Orleans have lost a show twice, so I hope they get stadium access there. Big puzzle for sure but it seems they are getting it sorted out soon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: April 14, 2019 13:27

Thanks Bjornulf for the inside info !

Date: April 14, 2019 13:30

Wasn't the 2006 fall tour the leg of A Bigger Bang where they played She Was Hot and after the Chicago show Mick changed the lyrics from "she was hot on a cold and lonley night" to "she was hot on a cold Chicago night"?

At some point he said something Like "you are really heroes to be out here"

It must have been very cold.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: April 14, 2019 13:41

SomeTorontoGirl
erikjjf
bv

Houston and Glendale.
Toronto has one.

I wonder if they coud move Oro-Medonte to the stadium in Toronto. If I understand correctly, the site owner or promoter pitched that location to the tour promoter, so different entities would be involved, and approx 50% or so capacity. Purchased tickets wouldn’t easily transfer. It would be great but there are major hurdles I think. But if they have it in O-M in late October, the poster would have to include a snowball fight. grinning smiley

By the look of the seats still available on TM, with all the refunds and unsold seats that are still available, I would not be surprised if they haven't sold even 20,000 for Ore-Medonte as of today. It would not be very difficult to offer the current ticket holders ticket exchanges for a Skydome/Rogers Centre show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 13:44 by ron091.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 14, 2019 14:45

A summertime stadium tour sounded fabulous...
A fall, early wintertime tour not so much.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 14, 2019 14:53

Kurt-Sadly I'm with you. Just waiting for official dates but not looking good.

Date: April 14, 2019 14:57

Stonesfan2146
Wasn't the 2006 fall tour the leg of A Bigger Bang where they played She Was Hot and after the Chicago show Mick changed the lyrics from "she was hot on a cold and lonley night" to "she was hot on a cold Chicago night"?

At some point he said something Like "you are really heroes to be out here"

It must have been very cold.

First,those are the original lyrics to "She Was Hot". Just different verses. Chicago and Detroit are both in the studio version. Also,it was the first time they performed the song in public.

Second,it is not usually that cold in early October. It's up to chance at that time of year. Late October,there is more chance of cold but,also a chance that it is not that cold.

They played Foxboro on October 20th and 21st,1997 and the conditions were good .... at least on the 20th.

Date: April 14, 2019 15:06

October seems right since there is normally a 6 month recovery period for any type of heart surgery. MICK will be on heart meds and needs to check blood pressure regularly, keeping the stress level down. It would be much better for his health to change the stadiums to arenas and avoid additional weather related stress, but I guess its almost impossible at this point. Yet I wonder if the stadiums will be able to sell out in cooler climates, since the fans themselves don't want to endure uncomfortable weather conditions. I hope it all works out favorably. Miami and Jacksonville will be fine in the cooler months since its always hot here.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home