Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 12, 2019 13:03

keithsman
First pic of Mick out of hospital since surgery, looking good smileys with beer

[www.mirror.co.uk]
Looking Good and hopefully feeling good as well , best wishes Mick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 12, 2019 13:07

grzegorz67
keithsman

[www.mirror.co.uk]

As an aside, nice pic of the Jagger boys together in the same article.

This image might be the very first time ever for me seeing the two siblings photographed together and the resemblance is striking , the mouth , the lips the eyes and facial features with the exception of the nose as Chris has a smaller and thinner nose .

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 12, 2019 13:07

caschimann
grzegorz67
Topi
steffialicia
I adore "the running around". I pray he can still do it but if he can't that's fine too. 75 and running around...he is my hero!!

It's more like walking around these days. And that is perfectly fine by me.

Not during Midnight Rambler it isn't !

One thing we have to put clear: The younger Mick NEVER run on stages. He danced and moved around the microphone by a radius of 5 to 10 meters. Until 1978 that was his exercise during a show. Mick startet to run on stages much later when he was 38 with the beginning of the 1981 US-Tour. And I saw him still doing it regularly 37 years later last year on the European Tour.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 12, 2019 13:13

He had to start running because the stages & ramps got so wide and long ...

...but weren't on any regular bus routes !

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 15:28

Mick Jagger is not nevertheless Angus Young...(younger of course drinking smileywinking smiley)

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 15:48

powerage78
Mick Jagger is not nevertheless Angus Young...(younger of course drinking smileywinking smiley)
Angus is a freak of nature. How he didn't destroy his neck, back and knees due to his onstage antics blows my mind (although he did have minor knee surgery ~10 years ago and wears a bandage over the scar).

I guess being really short (5'2") helps...lower center of gravity, less weight on the joints.

A lot of hard rockers have needed neck and back surgery due to headbanging (Dave Mustaine, Jason Newsted, Tom Araya, Phil Anselmo, Corey Taylor).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-12 15:49 by keefriff99.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 15:50

smileys with beerthumbs up

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 16:44

TheGreek
grzegorz67
keithsman

[www.mirror.co.uk]

As an aside, nice pic of the Jagger boys together in the same article.

This image might be the very first time ever for me seeing the two siblings photographed together and the resemblance is striking , the mouth , the lips the eyes and facial features with the exception of the nose as Chris has a smaller and thinner nose .

The genes will be preserved too. The Jagger brothers have 14 children between them eye popping smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 12, 2019 17:46

Looking good.

Mick Walk in the Park - Recent News
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 14:34

Dunno if folks saw this or not

Not a lot of new info, but...well, here it is:

[www.msn.com]

Re: Mick Walk in the Park - Recent News
Date: April 12, 2019 15:34

Excellent! Looking good, Mr. Jagger.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 12, 2019 15:48

Looking good Mick !
Reminds me of that picture from March 2014 in Japan in front of some cherry trees (I think) in bloom...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 16:06

Is NYC still a place where Mick can walk around and not be constantly harassed? If I saw him out walking in Central Park i'd most definitely leave him alone.

Date: April 12, 2019 16:12

mnewman505
Is NYC still a place where Mick can walk around and not be constantly harassed? If I saw him out walking in Central Park i'd most definitely leave him alone.
I'd like to think I'd leave him alone, but I'm sure I'd find myself staring in shock if I ever saw any Stone in public.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 16:22

keefriff99
mnewman505
I'd like to think I'd leave him alone, but I'm sure I'd find myself staring in shock if I ever saw any Stone in public.

I doubt most NY-ers would even notice unless they were literally looking for him (ie. hanging around outside the hotel/whatever).

most "locals" who did notice would most likely leave him alone...maybe take a 2nd glance or three, but would probably keep moving.

I imagine there's always a few people that approach, but NYC is pretty cool like that. It's sort of "uncouth" &/or "touristy" to make a big deal of celebrities.

For me, it would all depend. If he was w/ his family/friends or eating a meal or something, I would never approach...but, if he was just strolling along through the park by himself, I'd probably want to shake his hand and then be on my way.

I definitely wouldn't want to be "that guy" who runs up, takes 50 pictures, asks for autographs and ends up drawing a crowd and ruining his day out.

FYI...in NYC it is also "touristy" to look up at how tall the buildings are...but, if you're a tourist, then go for it! Nobody cares...just don't stop in the middle of the sidewalk and block foot-traffic!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 12, 2019 22:24

Well if you walk up to Mick in the park you will have to deal with his large friends.

And I'm a NYC native who always looks up at the buildings, not to see how tall they are but to appreciate the great residential and commercial architecture, which never gets old. Nothing touristy about it. You don't have to block the sidewalk traffic, just practice looking up and walking at the same time.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 12, 2019 22:24

Mick is very good at making pictures at famous places which normally are crowded. When in Oslo 2014 he posted a picture from Vigerlandsparken, the most famous sculpture park in Oslo. It is packed with people from opening hour to closing hour. In the picture there is nobody to be seen except Mick and the sculptures. He was probably locked in before opening hours.

I bet there are many bushes and many flowers in that park which he used for the post. I don't think Mick walk around in the park on his own. The last time he walked around "on his own", "in public", from memory, was in Bogota Colombia 2016, and then he wasn't really on his own.

Bjornulf

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 12, 2019 22:58

bv
Mick is very good at making pictures at famous places which normally are crowded. When in Oslo 2014 he posted a picture from Vigerlandsparken, the most famous sculpture park in Oslo. It is packed with people from opening hour to closing hour. In the picture there is nobody to be seen except Mick and the sculptures. He was probably locked in before opening hours.

I bet there are many bushes and many flowers in that park which he used for the post. I don't think Mick walk around in the park on his own. The last time he walked around "on his own", "in public", from memory, was in Bogota Colombia 2016, and then he wasn't really on his own.[/quote

Pretty sure. Mick even shouldn't walk out in private without bodyguards. And that not only in Bogota... unless he has a really convincing camouflage...

It's so nice to see him recover!
Get better quickly, Mick!

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: April 12, 2019 23:58

After John Lennon...Yes he must have bodyguards with him...A sad reflection of fame...Yes wishing you well Mick!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 13, 2019 00:34

Any tentative dates for Denver yet????

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 13, 2019 00:40

Is this a sticky now? New dates, if there will be any, are at least three months away. Most certainly.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 13, 2019 01:08

bv

I bet there are many bushes and many flowers in that park which he used for the post. I don't think Mick walk around in the park on his own. The last time he walked around "on his own", "in public", from memory, was in Bogota Colombia 2016, and then he wasn't really on his own.

Isn't Bogota one of the more dangerous places in the world?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 13, 2019 01:12

Chiming in to say I bet Mick would stop touring before he would cut out his "running around." I don't think either will happen any time soon.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 13, 2019 01:16

Mick's 'Running around' used to be referred to by John Lennon as 'stupid fag dancing'.
Imagine trying to say that in 2019.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 13, 2019 01:45

Is that pic of Mick with his brother Chris is recent?
Seems I've seen it before, but I could be wrong.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: April 13, 2019 02:08

jlowe
Mick's 'Running around' used to be referred to by John Lennon as 'stupid fag dancing'.
Imagine trying to say that in 2019.

The "stupid fag dancing" remark was from 1971. He was most likely talking about Mick's stage 'persona' from '69 and '70.

Mick didn't start "running around" until, what, '81?

Altho it's a horrible oversimplification, one could argue that "stupid fag dancing" = years during which Stones were the baddest-ass most dangerous band on the planet. And that "running around" = years during which the Stones became the biggest concert draw in the world and gradually descended into "the Vegas years."

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 13, 2019 02:15

One could argue all that. And that some of us have enjoyed both, well, minus the descension, perhaps, because, what choice did we have, really?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-13 02:16 by angee.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 13, 2019 03:18

Swayed1967
Ain't Too Fat To Graze
thumbs upthumbs upgrinning smiley

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 13, 2019 03:22

Stoneage
Is this a sticky now? New dates, if there will be any, are at least three months away. Most certainly.

They’re probably already working on rescheduling. They said they would announce new dates soon. Mick is out of the woods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-13 03:31 by Straycat13.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 13, 2019 03:22

caschimann
caschimann
grzegorz67
Topi
steffialicia
I adore "the running around". I pray he can still do it but if he can't that's fine too. 75 and running around...he is my hero!!

It's more like walking around these days. And that is perfectly fine by me.

Not during Midnight Rambler it isn't !

One thing we have to put clear: The younger Mick NEVER run on stages. He danced and moved around the microphone by a radius of 5 to 10 meters. Until 1978 that was his exercise during a show. Mick startet to run on stages much later when he was 38 with the beginning of the 1981 US-Tour. And I saw him still doing it regularly 37 years later last year on the European Tour.

You add nothing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home