Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2019 11:00

Hairball
Curious as I don't recall ever being in this situation of holding on to postponed Rolling Stones tix with no dates...

It is not the first time. There have been many rescheduled shows over the years.

Postponed tour 2014 of Australia and New Zealand:

Mar 19: Tour of Australia and New Zealand postponed
Apr 15: Rescheduled show dates announced

It took nearly one month until the new dates were announced. This was 7+2 shows, while the USA/Canada Tour 2019 is a lot more complicated.

Bjornulf

Posted by: curt ()
Date: April 10, 2019 14:16

CJFP
MKjan
If it was up to me, I'd cancel the entire NFL season and let the Stones pick and choose, at their own pace.
Amen

I would like to second that amen...

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 10, 2019 14:24

Let's just do Europe next year for the No Filter Tour hat trick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-10 14:24 by glmmr_twn.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 14:48

glmmr_twn

Yes please, haha.

Posted by: torontostoner ()
Date: April 10, 2019 15:05

Instead of trying to squeeze in a tour this year, why not work on the new album?

(Mick could take advantage of this time to recover 100%)
They could then tour next year with new energy AND a new album! It'll be worth the wait!!

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 10, 2019 15:06

WelshEdge1
glmmr_twn

Yes please, haha.

I triple this request!

I can't cancel my May trip to the US, so it's 100% unlikely I purchase a second US trip for any rescheduled dates. There's lots of European countries that didn't get the No Filter tour: Greece, Portugal, Belgium, etc.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 15:11

glmmr_twn

Ummm... this IS the No Filter Tour Hat Trick. 2017 & 2018 were 2 separate legs of the tour with exactly the same stage and tour name.
The 3rd instalment is this year, if it happens.
I would of course welcome a 3rd leg in Europe for a European Hat trick thumbs up.
Unfortunately, I can't see it because the band have fans all over the World without a tour in a while and Europe got 2 years on the trot.

Date: April 10, 2019 17:50

Chuck hasn't updated the date for his NY gig? Still June 15th?

[www.chuckleavell.com]

Published April 3rd, 2019?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-10 18:05 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 10, 2019 17:50

Obviously Chris Jagger is skeptical about Mick doin a big tour according to an article in the German issue of Rolling Stone:

[www.rollingstone.de]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 10, 2019 17:55

saltoftheearth
Obviously Chris Jagger is skeptical about Mick doin a big tour according to an article in the German issue of Rolling Stone:

[www.rollingstone.de]

Chris seems to be Mick's new PR.
Unless it's the same comments, regurgitated over different news outlets.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 10, 2019 18:04

Can anyone translate that article?

Date: April 10, 2019 18:05

jlowe
saltoftheearth

[www.rollingstone.de]

Chris seems to be Mick's new PR.
Unless it's the same comments, regurgitated over different news outlets.

It is the same comments seen in other stories.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 10, 2019 18:51

Moreover, what am I suppose to do w/ my 3 new white, waiting for shows RS shirts and jacket?
I know Fred from Shidoobee has bigger clothes woes than me... still.

Date: April 10, 2019 19:32

Rolling Stone Germany magazine article:

Mick Jaggers Herz-OP könnte Ende der großen Stones-Touren bedeuten – meint sein Bruder

From German into English via "translate.google.com" :

Mick Jagger's heart surgery could mean the end of the big Stones tours - says his brother

After successful operation, the Rolling Stones singer came back well. Now his brother Chris has talked about the likelihood of future shows.
Mick Jagger is still very mobile even in old age

"Could happen to anyone"
Now Mick Jagger's brother has talked about the successful operation. "Mick is fine," Chris Jagger told Sunday People. "I talked to him and he is well. It was pure coincidence that it (the heart problem) was discovered. I mean, that could happen to anyone, "says the musician, who also works on his brother's original routine check-up.

Chris Jagger alluded to The Clash singer Joe Strummer, who was killed in 2002 by a similar heart problem. "It happened Joe. He came back from walking with the dogs and his wife found him collapsed on the sofa. He had this flap problem. His father died of it. It was hereditary. Mick came to investigate. "

Chris continued, "That's why they want to check that when you're at a certain age. And then let it check. If you have reached the age of 70, you have to be careful, you know. I had some health problems. At least he does not have to wait in line on the NHS. "

Asked about the future of the Rolling Stones and whether the band could continue to tour as before, Chris Jagger answered, "Maybe he'll slow down. Tours are stressful. "

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 10, 2019 19:33

bv
Hairball
Curious as I don't recall ever being in this situation of holding on to postponed Rolling Stones tix with no dates...

It is not the first time. There have been many rescheduled shows over the years.

Postponed tour 2014 of Australia and New Zealand:

Mar 19: Tour of Australia and New Zealand postponed
Apr 15: Rescheduled show dates announced

It took nearly one month until the new dates were announced. This was 7+2 shows, while the USA/Canada Tour 2019 is a lot more complicated.

Thanks for that info. bv, but I was referring to myself in this situation, and now that I've thought about it this has happened to me at least twice but not to this extreme.
One of the Amsterdam shows and one of the Twickenham shows in August 2003 were both postponed to a much later date. I dont recall how long it took them to give rescheduled dates, but if memory serves it was rather quick within a couple of days at the most (eventually scheduled for a month later). I received refunds for both immediately as it was not possible to rearrange my itnererary or travel back to Europe for the rescheduled shows.
In one sense it was initially a bummer to hear the news of the postponements, but in another sense it was a bit of a relief as I had just seen all shows in Stockholm, and all shows in the Netherlands up to that point (8 shows). Gave me a bit of a break (haha) before I attended all the other shows in London, and the final two of my trip in Glasgow. Seven weeks of traveling around Europe and fitting in multiple Stones shows along the way (13 in total)- the trip of a lifetime in celebration of turning 40 years old, but I digress....

Meanwhile waiting patiently for some news regarding Mick's recovery followed by the possibility of rescheduled shows....hope all goes well for everybody involved!thumbs up

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 10, 2019 20:02

bv

Mick Jaggers Herz-OP könnte Ende der großen Stones-Touren bedeuten – meint sein Bruder

Mick Jagger's heart surgery could mean the end of the big Stones tours - says his brother

After successful operation, the Rolling Stones singer came back well. Now his brother Chris has talked about the likelihood of future shows.

"Could happen to anyone"
Now Mick Jagger's brother has talked about the successful operation. "Mick is fine," Chris Jagger told Sunday People. "I talked to him and he is well. It was pure coincidence that it (the heart problem) was discovered. I mean, that could happen to anyone, "says the musician, who also works on his brother's original routine check-up.

Chris Jagger alluded to The Clash singer Joe Strummer, who was killed in 2002 by a similar heart problem. "It happened Joe. He came back from walking with the dogs and his wife found him collapsed on the sofa. He had this flap problem. His father died of it. It was hereditary. Mick came to investigate. "

Chris continued, "That's why they want to check that when you're at a certain age. And then let it check. If you have reached the age of 70, you have to be careful, you know. I had some health problems. At least he does not have to wait in line on the NHS. "

Asked about the future of the Rolling Stones and whether the band could continue to tour as before, Chris Jagger answered, "Maybe he'll slow down. Tours are stressful. "

Thanks BV!

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 20:43

Hey,
I'm not too sure what the quality of the guys will be with another year off...Time does take a toll and their physical capability might diminish to the point they cannot perform at the level we are use to. I have a valid concern that this tour will never happen. Fingers crossed I am wrong. But when Mick goes down and SL passes...very strange vibe heading into new tour.

Date: April 10, 2019 20:46

Reading the comments from Mick's brother Chris might make us worried about the touring future of The Rolling Stones. I am sure Mick wants to tour as long as he can. On the other hand, I can't see Mick standing still when performing songs like "Out Of Control". Mick is not the kind of singer who is sitting on a stool singing through the entire show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 10, 2019 21:20

bv
Reading the comments from Mick's brother Chris might make us worried about the touring future of The Rolling Stones. I am sure Mick wants to tour as long as he can. On the other hand, I can't see Mick standing still when performing songs like "Out Of Control". Mick is not the kind of singer who is sitting on a stool singing through the entire show.

No one imagines it but the reality may be different and the stones have thousands of songs to do. I know that many are going to say that they are old and that they are not going to make rarities at this point but as someone said here in a previous comment, it would not be bad if Keith sings 3 songs and there is an acoustic part in the show where Mick feel the keyboard or hang the acoustic guitar. I know many will say that this can not be done in stadium shows, that 80 0 90% of people will see the show and to chant Brown Sugar but good things unfortunately changed. I can not ask the Stones for anything else, they gave me life and they are what I love most in the world since I have use of reason and feeling. I just hope that Jagger feels healthy and well and that if he wants to do the tour he will do it. There is not much time anymore. In my place I am a little sad because I was going to see 4 times 2 in New Jersey and 2 in Chicago. It was going to be the trip of my life and now I think that if the reprogramming plans are changed I can only see them 2 times but anyway nobody cares about my story we all have problems to change the plans and maybe many will see some less show. .. I just dream of seeing the Stones live again when I can and where ...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 10, 2019 21:46

makustone
bv

No one imagines it but the reality may be different and the stones have thousands of songs to do. I know that many are going to say that they are old and that they are not going to make rarities at this point but as someone said here in a previous comment, it would not be bad if Keith sings 3 songs and there is an acoustic part in the show where Mick feel the keyboard or hang the acoustic guitar. I know many will say that this can not be done in stadium shows, that 80 0 90% of people will see the show and to chant Brown Sugar but good things unfortunately changed. I can not ask the Stones for anything else, they gave me life and they are what I love most in the world since I have use of reason and feeling. I just hope that Jagger feels healthy and well and that if he wants to do the tour he will do it. There is not much time anymore. In my place I am a little sad because I was going to see 4 times 2 in New Jersey and 2 in Chicago. It was going to be the trip of my life and now I think that if the reprogramming plans are changed I can only see them 2 times but anyway nobody cares about my story we all have problems to change the plans and maybe many will see some less show. .. I just dream of seeing the Stones live again when I can and where ...

This happens to most bands. An example.

Eric Clapton - you don't see him playing the same long / fluent solos anymore as he did 90'ies for example. His has changed his style of playing, slower, less solos, Doyle taking more part of the show etc. The show is still very good but just adapted to his change. The audience still loves him.

The same happens to others - Roger Waters, Macca, etc.

If Stones slowed down a bit - so be it. As long as they are able to put up a good show. Mick could focus more on singing than running around. Mick is in fact a good singer. They could do the small stage thing again and being closer to the audience for 5-7 songs instaed of 3 songs.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 10, 2019 21:50

mtaylor
makustone
bv

This happens to most bands. An example.

Eric Clapton - you don't see him playing the same long / fluent solos anymore as he did 90'ies for example. His has changed his style of playing, slower, less solos, Doyle taking more part of the show etc. The show is still very good but just adapted to his change. The audience still loves him.

The same happens to others - Roger Waters, Macca, etc.

If Stones slowed down a bit - so be it. As long as they are able to put up a good show. Mick could focus more on singing than running around. Mick is in fact a good singer. They could do the small stage thing again and being closer to the audience for 5-7 songs instaed of 3 songs.
That's why I say if you want and can change welcome. Jagger is one but the best singer of all! I prefer to enjoy singing before dancing. It's Jagger! It's the Stones! There is nothing or nobody bigger!

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 22:31

Clapton has a great band and his "guest" guitarist is usually awesome...Saw him a few years back and blew me away.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 10, 2019 22:34

curt
CJFP
MKjan
If it was up to me, I'd cancel the entire NFL season and let the Stones pick and choose, at their own pace.
Amen

I would like to second that amen...

Me three smoking smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 10, 2019 22:41

bv

I am sure the interview was in English. But I would translate the last sentences:
"Maybe we will take it slow. Tours are stressful." But in German it rather sounds like he actually will take it - just slow. So slow touring might just mean healthier breaks and less dates. Maybe even less songs or smaller stages.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 10, 2019 22:45

bv

I think we’re all misunderstanding Chris’s concern here. It’s not the two hours of physical activity that’s “stressful.” Aerobic activity is good for everyone, at all ages. What’s stressful is the mobilization of money, schedules, scores of people. It’s the disruption of sleep patterns. The jet lag. It’s the worrying about details big and small. Mick is at the nucleus of all things Rolling Stones Inc. Dancing on stage is the fun and healthy part of his job.

One caution about that German interview translation. Not once did Chris say the touring might come to an end. That was the headline writer’s speculative interpretation. He said Mick might be forced to slow down. Which is entirely possible.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 10, 2019 22:54

With so much uncertainty about dates or even if a tour is gonna happen this year l asked Ticketmaster for a refund on the three tickets l had for opening night Miami,l was pleasantly surprise how easy it was,just wrote them an Email asking for the refund and within 24 hrs it was approved. The truth is l am very skeptical that the tour will ever happen,l see folks here already coming up with dates etc,and yes is fun to pretend, but Mick is still in the hospital recuperating and he will need many weeks of R&R,who knows if he just decides not to take the risk, this tour as the last few ones have been about making as much money as possible,but he already has plenty of it, so he may just decide not to take a chance and get sick or worse,after all he is 75 years old,also will he be able to get insurance after this debacle?,not looking to get into arguments with anyone,but Mick and the band have already given us more than enough,maybe is time for them to ride into the sunset healthy and with great memories,jus sayin....Roland

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 10, 2019 22:55

bv

"Could happen to anyone"

*well Chris Jagger no need to relate about your friend Joe who sadly died.
We get the picture. Or are you painting it for Mick?
And,
never mind.
I think it’s a test for everyone to be quiet for 4 weeks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-10 22:56 by 35love.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 10, 2019 22:59

And Joe Strummer did *not* die of a faulty heart valve. He died of a congenital condition affecting one of his arteries.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: April 10, 2019 23:09

We were extremely lucky to see the Stones at their best between 2012 and 2018. In 2007 I thought it was the end, so I feel so happy and lucky that I could see them every year from 2012 and 2018. I mean, they are almost 76 years old and Charlie is soon 78.

If Mick has to slow down, it is totally normal, his health FIRST! and we - fans - have to understand it. I totally accept to see less shows, or to see shorter shows. Even if they do 5 to 10 shows / year. And if the Stones have to stop touring, well they already gave us so much, I am so grateful!

Benjamin.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: April 10, 2019 23:37

Any day now......

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2139
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10