Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950Next
Current Page: 49 of 50
Re: Honk on Atmos
Posted by: jobt ()
Date: August 17, 2023 01:54

ironbelly
You never saw fake/bootleg products of RSTG

What do you mean by FAKE?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2023 04:03

jobt
ironbelly

going out on a limb I'd say he means INAUTHENTIC.

Date: August 18, 2023 00:29

treaclefingers
jobt
ironbelly

What do you mean by INAUTHENTIC?

Date: August 18, 2023 22:51

bakersfield
Listening through my...'One' rear speakers...Miss You

bakersfield, tell me where you have heard this before!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-18 23:04 by jobt.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 19, 2023 10:26

He means -and you know it - inauthentic because it's simply a play with channels, not an authentic music segment. Let's stop talking about this b#llshit.

Date: August 19, 2023 21:17

GivenToFly15
not an authentic music segment

You too don't know what you're talking about.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 20, 2023 01:17

On a different tack - would like someone to do the Stones entire catalogue in mono using today's tech if need be. I still dig the sound of everything coming at me in one fell swoop.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 20, 2023 14:18

jobt
bakersfield

Pretty awesome Wurlitzer work. I was thinking Billy, but it was Ian - if Wiki is correct. Anyway - awesome track to this day.
[en.wikipedia.org])

Date: August 20, 2023 14:21

jobt
GivenToFly15

Please enlighten me!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 21, 2023 08:41

GivenToFly15
jobt
GivenToFly15

Please enlighten me!

jobt can't - it's just pure bullshit garbage that's posted. A running dialogue of fakery.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: August 21, 2023 10:23

jobt
bakersfield

No I haven't.

Re: HONK - Limited Edition compilation out April 19, 2019
Date: August 21, 2023 11:27

if you have more, Jobt, keep please keep posting! Maybe we need a 'Has Bakersfield heard...?' thread, with all these obscure goodies LOL

Date: August 21, 2023 11:54

GasLightStreet
GivenToFly15
jobt
GivenToFly15

Please enlighten me!

jobt can't - it's just pure bullshit garbage that's posted. A running dialogue of fakery.

I know!

Date: August 21, 2023 15:31

jobt
treaclefingers
jobt
ironbelly

What do you mean by INAUTHENTIC?

Not an authorized version by the band. A Frankenboot.

Date: August 23, 2023 17:06

'Going back to 'Honk'... I suppose all I really needed to say when I revived this thread was, aren't the 'Atmos' mixes fantastic?...and please, whoever decides these things, let's have the entire catalogue available in this format as soon as possible.

Date: August 24, 2023 15:34

One thing I'd like to point out is that in the title it says, "Limited Edition".

Was that ever the case?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 24, 2023 15:45

treaclefingers

Was that ever the case?

Maybe the translucent red & translucent blue Vinyl editions. Limited 'Spotify Edition' - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] :

[www.eBay.com] , [www.Discogs.com] , [www.Discogs.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-05 01:30 by Irix.

Date: August 24, 2023 22:33

Irix
treaclefingers

Was that ever the case?

Maybe the translucent red & translucent blue Vinyl editions. And there seems to be a limited 'Spotify Edition':

[www.eBay.com]

Ironic for a digital platform that helped eviscerate the physical media market put out a vinyl edition.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 25, 2023 06:55

treaclefingers
Irix
treaclefingers

Was that ever the case?

Maybe the translucent red & translucent blue Vinyl editions. And there seems to be a limited 'Spotify Edition':

[www.eBay.com]

Ironic for a digital platform that helped eviscerate the physical media market put out a vinyl edition.

It's fake.

It has to be.

I'll wait.

Date: February 26, 2024 16:53

OK, here's an interesting one, I just picked up a "Canada only" bundle release of the Honk CD, with a pair of Stones wayfarer-style sunglasses with the Stones tongue with red maple leaf and a koozie (beer bottle holder), red with stones tongue-flag.

For $20. It was the only one they had. Here it is on discogs.

[www.discogs.com]

I didn't even know this was in existence and while I would ordinarily have kept it sealed as I already have HONK in a variety of formats, I WANTED THE GLASSES.

This band leaves absolutely no money on the table.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-26 16:56 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 26, 2024 19:45

The red version was originally intended to be sold during the 2019 tour, was ready to be sold, but the tour was postponed and there was that mountain of Honk's red records. Presumably there was a business deal between Spotify and Universal/Promotone B.V. and has therefore become a Spotify Only.

My blue version is a Target exclussive.

Date: February 26, 2024 22:28

UrbanSteel
The red version was originally intended to be sold during the 2019 tour, was ready to be sold, but the tour was postponed and there was that mountain of Honk's red records. Presumably there was a business deal between Spotify and Universal/Promotone B.V. and has therefore become a Spotify Only.

My blue version is a Target exclussive.

got the blue and the Carnaby Red variety.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 26, 2024 22:41

treaclefingers
OK, here's an interesting one, I just picked up a "Canada only" bundle release of the Honk CD, with a pair of Stones wayfarer-style sunglasses with the Stones tongue with red maple leaf and a koozie (beer bottle holder), red with stones tongue-flag.

[www.discogs.com]

I didn't even know this was in existence and while I would ordinarily have kept it sealed as I already have HONK in a variety of formats, I WANTED THE GLASSES.

I came across this version a few months back when searching out to make sure that I had all variants. Didn't know of it til that time either. I also didn't know there was a single disc version of this! I have the Target Blue, Carnaby Red, and 4LP multi color variants, in addition to all the CD ones - believe there are 3 of those? Single Disc, 2CD, and the Triple?

Date: February 27, 2024 00:50

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers

[www.discogs.com]

I came across this version a few months back when searching out to make sure that I had all variants. Didn't know of it til that time either. I also didn't know there was a single disc version of this! I have the Target Blue, Carnaby Red, and 4LP multi color variants, in addition to all the CD ones - believe there are 3 of those? Single Disc, 2CD, and the Triple?

also a double vinyl. i have'em all.

Date: February 27, 2024 02:38

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers

[www.discogs.com]

What color is the double vinyl? Wasn’t the Target blue a double? And Carnaby too I believe.

Date: February 27, 2024 03:12

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers

[www.discogs.com]

What color is the double vinyl? Wasn’t the Target blue a double? And Carnaby too I believe.
I have black double, red (carnaby), blue, and triple black, and the 4 LP coloured.

It was their second attempt at doing the uber-multi variation, (starting with the Some Girls reissue a few years back), which they perfected with Hackney Diamonds. The baseball thing was over the top, though I did buy the Blue Jays version.

Date: February 27, 2024 03:22

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh I don't think I have either black vinyl version of Honk!!! Ugh. Still lots of holes to plug! I did start assembling a list of all releases in as chronological order as possible with the vinyl variants and all - quite the undertaking!!!

What was the Some Girls reissue variants? You mean with the boxset and wig box and all that?

Date: February 27, 2024 06:15

VoodooLounge13
Ooooooooooooooooooooooh I don't think I have either black vinyl version of Honk!!! Ugh. Still lots of holes to plug! I did start assembling a list of all releases in as chronological order as possible with the vinyl variants and all - quite the undertaking!!!

What was the Some Girls reissue variants? You mean with the boxset and wig box and all that?

well there was that, and there was also 4 different coloured vinyl of that release. Blue, Pink, Yellow and Green. Then there was the highly collectible purple 'error', some sort of mistake of what was supposed to be the pink vinyl.

You'll never fill all the holes!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 27, 2024 06:30

Wonder if Poppy King is a vinyl collector ..... haaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 27, 2024 10:33

jobt
ironbelly

When I first read that I saw " fake bootlegs"

Not sure what they are ! grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950Next
Current Page: 49 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2040
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home