Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950Next
Current Page: 48 of 50
Honk on Atmos
Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: August 14, 2023 21:01

Forgive me if I'm late to the party, but I'm hearing the Honk Atmos mixes for the first time and they are completely insane! Listening through my Sonos Arc and 'One' rear speakers. Hot Stuff is incredible - those drums! The bass on Fool to Cry, the sax on Miss You. I'm having the time of my life smiling smiley)

Re: Rolling Stones in Dolby Atmos
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 14, 2023 21:30

Beside the HONK compilation, there're also Goats Head Soup, Tattoo You, El Mocambo and Forty Licks available in Dolby Atmos via the streaming services Apple Music, TIDAL and Amazon Music.

Official links: GHS - [www.Facebook.com] , TY - [www.Facebook.com] , EM - [www.Facebook.com] , FL - [www.Facebook.com] . GRRR Live! is also available in Dolby Atmos via streaming services.

A subscription to the streaming services is required for Dolby Atmos. A device which is capable playing Dolby Atmos as well.

Re: Honk on Atmos
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 14, 2023 21:36

I listened to the bonus CD on GHS in ATMOS. It certainly made it a much better experience than the original album and mix. I was disappointed when there wasn't an ATMOS bonus CD for the Tattoo You boxset. (Although the vinyl sounded really good). The recent Revolver boxset also did not have an ATMOS CD. I didn't care for the 'new' version remix, or whatever. On the other hand the ATMOS Abbey Road CD was incredible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-17 00:56 by 24FPS.

Re: Music in Dolby Atmos
Date: August 14, 2023 21:45

The Beatles album Revolver in Dolby Atmos is only available via streaming services. Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper and Let It Be are available too in Dolby Atmos on streaming services (otherwise on BluRay Audio).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-14 22:00 by Irix.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 15, 2023 03:27

I'm assuming both Abbey Road and Let It Be Atmos can only be had in the Super Deluxe versions?

Date: August 15, 2023 09:40

VoodooLounge13

I'm assuming both Abbey Road and Let It Be Atmos can only be had in the Super Deluxe versions?

Yes, the BluRay discs are only contained in the box sets:

Sgt. Pepper (2017) - 5.1 Surround - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] , Surround review: [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

The Beatles / White Album (2018) - 5.1 Surround - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Abbey Road (2019) - Dolby Atmos and 5.1 Surround - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Let It Be (2021) - Dolby Atmos and 5.1 Surround - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

- - - -

Rock & Roll Circus (2019) - Dolby Atmos (7.1 incl. 5.1) - [www.ABKCO.com]

Goats Head Soup (2020) - Dolby Atmos and 5.1 Surround - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

GRRR Live! (2023) - Dolby Atmos and 5.1 DTS-HD - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

- - - -

Dolby Atmos on standalone BluRay-Audio (by SuperDeluxeEdition) from other artists - [www.TheSDEshop.com] . Yello 'Point' album in Dolby Atmos as standalone BR-Audio - [www.jpc.de] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-15 10:20 by Irix.

Date: August 15, 2023 09:46

I'm streaming Giles Martin's remix of Sgt Pepper now - it's extraordinary.

If you listen to Forty Licks on atmos there is a 2023 remaster of Shattered. It sounds great.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 15, 2023 12:58

Never mind being a vinyl fan...

...looks like you're a dinosaur if you listen in Stereo now ! grinning smiley

Date: August 15, 2023 13:55

bakersfield
I'm streaming Giles Martin's remix of Sgt Pepper now - it's extraordinary.

If you listen to Forty Licks on atmos there is a 2023 remaster of Shattered. It sounds great.

So they both did a new Atmos mix and a new remaster? Or are the credits fvcked up, like on Spotify?

EDIT: It says 2023 remaster on Spotify as well. Nonsense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-15 14:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 15, 2023 15:24

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Yes, the BluRay discs are only contained in the box sets:

Sgt. Pepper (2017) - 5.1 Surround - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] , Surround review: [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

The Beatles / White Album (2018) - 5.1 Surround - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Abbey Road (2019) - Dolby Atmos and 5.1 Surround - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Let It Be (2021) - Dolby Atmos and 5.1 Surround - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

- - - -

Rock & Roll Circus (2019) - Dolby Atmos (7.1 incl. 5.1) - [www.ABKCO.com]

Goats Head Soup (2020) - Dolby Atmos and 5.1 Surround - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

GRRR Live! (2023) - Dolby Atmos and 5.1 DTS-HD - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

- - - -

Dolby Atmos on standalone BluRay-Audio (by SuperDeluxeEdition) from other artists - [www.TheSDEshop.com] . Yello 'Point' album in Dolby Atmos as standalone BR-Audio - [www.jpc.de] .

Thanks Irix! Luckily I have all those listed by our boys. Didn't even realize that. Just had to go look up which version of GRRR Live I'd bought, and I did get the Blu-Ray! The other 2 are still sealed. I'd only be interested in Abbey Road and Let It Be. I'm sure Peppers sounds amazing, but those are my 2 favorite Beatles albums.

Date: August 15, 2023 16:15

DandelionPowderman

So they both did a new Atmos mix and a new remaster?

Yes: Stereo (remaster) and Dolby Atmos (Surround) - while the latter is an extra step.

In TIDAL you'll see Forty Licks three times: Stereo Master Quality (M-logo = HiRes 96kHz/24bit), Dolby Atmos (DD logo) and Stereo HiFi Quality (44.1kHz/16bit, no logo).

In Apple Music you can choose in the device settings (Music) between Dolby Atmos or Stereo (AAC 256Kbps) or Lossless Stereo (up to 48KHz) respectively HiRes-Lossless Stereo (up to 192kHz).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-15 18:10 by Irix.

Date: August 15, 2023 16:34

Irix
DandelionPowderman

So they both did a new Atmos mix and a new remaster?

Yes: Stereo (remaster) and Dolby Atmos (Surround) - while the latter is an extra step.

In TIDAL you'll see Forty Licks three times: Master Quality (M-logo = HiRes 96kHz/24bit), Dolby Atmos (DD logo) and HiFi Quality (44.1kHz/16bit, no logo).

I presume it's only Shattered, Anybody Seen My Baby and the four new Licks-tunes with a 2023 remaster (since it says 2018 remaster on SFM and 2009 remaster on a good bunch of other songs + 2009 mix - really?)? Strange that they did Shattered and ASMB and not any of the other old songs...

Date: August 15, 2023 18:19

It is strange I agree, but I think they’ve tweaked it. I like the sound of the 2023 Shattered - a tad warmer perhaps - less of the overdriven grainy sound of Some Girls. Miss You, Beast of Burden and Respectable have all been done, and I hope that Some Girls will be the next album to get the atmos treatment. Let it bleed and goats head soup sounds fantastic; hearing stuff like between the buttons in this format would be incredible.
But right now, as far as I kno, apart from let it bleed and goats head soup, all we have is Honk. Playing the Atmos version of Hot Stuff through my Sonos arc is stunning. I’ve always loved the track, but now the groove has much more forward motion. If I wasn’t on crutches at the moment, I would be dancing round the living room smiling smiley

By the way, in case you’re wondering, I don’t have shares in Sonos and I’ve never owned one of the systems until I got this Arc.
It would be great to read more about what was done for this version of Honk, if anyone can provide a link/info.

Date: August 15, 2023 18:30

bakersfield

But right now, as far as I know, apart from let it bleed and goats head soup, all we have is Honk.

There's no Atmos version of the Let It Bleed album. For other RS releases in Dolby Atmos see my post above - [iorr.org] .

Date: August 15, 2023 18:57

where does one find this version of Honk?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 15, 2023 19:06

VoodooLounge13
where does one find this version of Honk?

I have a trial account on Tidal and all Atmos mixes are there. Beast of Burden and Miss You are incredible on my 5.1 system. Every guitar out of a separate speaker.

Date: August 15, 2023 19:19

So it's only a digital release? No physical copy? Just want to make sure I didn't miss one here! drinking smiley

Date: August 15, 2023 19:45

VoodooLounge13

So it's only a digital release?

Yes. It's on the streaming services Apple Music, TIDAL and Amazon Music.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 15, 2023 20:02

VoodooLounge13
So it's only a digital release? No physical copy? Just want to make sure I didn't miss one here! drinking smiley

Yes, Goats Head Soup is the only studio Album or compilation hat's available on physical format.

Posted by: jobt ()
Date: August 15, 2023 21:19

hockenheim95
Goats Head Soup is the only studio Album or compilation hat's available on physical format.

False,

- Tattoo You
- Honk
- El Mocambo 1977
- Forty Licks

have all seen a physical release in Dolby Atmos.

Irix can tell you all about the details, label and catalog numbers.

Date: August 15, 2023 21:35

I've never seen Tattoo You, HONK, El Mocambo and Forty Licks in Dolby Atmos officially released on physical disc.

I have nothing to do with the RSTG and I'm not interested in their illegal stuff.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 15, 2023 21:42

Irix
I've never seen Tattoo You, HONK, El Mocambo and Forty Licks in Dolby Atmos officially released on physical disc.
I am shocked! You never saw fake/bootleg products of RSTG! winking smiley

Date: August 15, 2023 21:56

ironbelly
Irix
I am shocked! You never saw fake/bootleg products of RSTG! winking smiley

Irix will not tell us what he knows, he never will.

Date: August 16, 2023 00:50

bakersfield
Hot Stuff is incredible - those drums! The bass on Fool to Cry, the sax on Miss You. I'm having the time of my life smiling smiley)

You can't say you own a complete collection of official released Rolling Stones music unless you have these tracks, at least as, on audio files, have you thought about that?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 16, 2023 02:42

jobt
bakersfield
Hot Stuff is incredible - those drums! The bass on Fool to Cry, the sax on Miss You. I'm having the time of my life smiling smiley)

You can't say you own a complete collection of official released Rolling Stones music unless you have these tracks, at least as, on audio files, have you thought about that?

Beautiful...just BEAUTIFUL! You have poor bakersfield having the time of his life and you have to point out that.

He's going to be just crushed...shame on you!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 16, 2023 04:56

jobt
bakersfield

I bet bakersfield can say he owns a complete collection of official released Rolling Stones music without the Atmos mixes.

Let's wait and see if bakersfield says he owns a complete collection of official released Rolling Stones music without the Atmos mixes.

For that matter, anyone can say they own a complete collection of official released Rolling Stones music without the Atmos mixes.

To go even further, anyone can say they own a complete collection of official released Rolling Stones music without the Atmos mixes, without it being complete, because if they have enough then it's complete for them.

Date: August 16, 2023 08:44

Thank you Treacle Fingers, but I'm ok smiling smiley

To be honest I'm not sure I follow what Jobt and GLS are saying. Yes, I have all the albums that matter on CD and I've begun to collect the vinyls, replacing those that I regret selling years ago. so I am familiar with how the music usually sounds, if that's what they mean. I've been a fan since 1976. I just wanted to share my joy at experiencing this very familiar music in a new way.Another example: Listening to 'Star Star' with the piano very clearly audible throughout in the rear speaker to my left was thrilling. Hearing the choir on YCAGWYW soaring behind me left me open mouthed.

Iris is correct about Let it Bleed. On looking again I see that it isn't 'Atmos' - but the various instruments appear to be placed in a 'surround' pattern. If anyone can explain whats going on with all this, I'm happy to be educated.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 16, 2023 16:47

bakersfield
Thank you Treacle Fingers, but I'm ok smiling smiley

To be honest I'm not sure I follow what Jobt and GLS are saying. Yes, I have all the albums that matter on CD and I've begun to collect the vinyls, replacing those that I regret selling years ago. so I am familiar with how the music usually sounds, if that's what they mean. I've been a fan since 1976. I just wanted to share my joy at experiencing this very familiar music in a new way.Another example: Listening to 'Star Star' with the piano very clearly audible throughout in the rear speaker to my left was thrilling. Hearing the choir on YCAGWYW soaring behind me left me open mouthed.

Iris is correct about Let it Bleed. On looking again I see that it isn't 'Atmos' - but the various instruments appear to be placed in a 'surround' pattern. If anyone can explain whats going on with all this, I'm happy to be educated.

I don't think anyone quite understands what they're saying but they're sticking to their 'agenda', whatever that may be!

Date: August 16, 2023 17:40

Yes...

I never claimed to have 'a complete collection of Rolling Stones music' lol. I think I might be missing 'Ride on Baby' and 'My Girl' but I won't lose sleep over it.

It simply struck me when I heard the Atmos and 5.1 mixes (if that's what they are) for the first time, that no-one else, unless I missed it, had got on the board and said 'Have you heard this? It's fantastic!' so I thought I would...

I thought that sharing the joy like this was meant to the point of IORR.

There will always be those kids who'd rather count, organise and boost about their toys than play with them.....Is that where we are do you think?

Are we so busy thinking about the misprinted label on the b-side of the Peruvian green vinyl issue of 'Lady Jane' that we forget to enjoy the music??

I was privileged to write a number of articles for 'Shattered' back in the day. I have nothing to prove - the trolls don't worry me - they just make me laugh.

Date: August 16, 2023 22:15

bakersfield

Irix is correct about Let it Bleed. On looking again I see that it isn't 'Atmos' - but the various instruments appear to be placed in a 'surround' pattern. If anyone can explain whats going on with all this, I'm happy to be educated.

Looks like the Sonos Arc makes a virtual surround version from the stereo tracks. Good 5.1 A/V receivers did this already 25 years ago. If the stereo track has a wide separation, the higher should be the resulting surround effect. The 1960s ping-pong stereo probably increases this effect.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950Next
Current Page: 48 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home