Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 6, 2018 01:54

Quincy Jones? My God he is retired I believe.

I don’t even know what the question is, but no.
(not with The Rolling Stones, just my opinion)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 02:02 by 35love.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: December 7, 2018 00:15

People were wondering where the band was rehearsing in London for the last Tours
the answer is in Ronnie's book of setlist:

British grove Chiswick

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 7, 2018 00:25

rockerparis

British grove Chiswick

They only recorded 'Blue & Lonesome' there ( + some new Tracks).

Tour rehearsals were at John Henry's (May 2014), LH2 (Aug/Sep 2017) and Omnibus Arts Centre (Apr/May 2018).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 7, 2018 18:55

They'll probably be in Toronto again.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 7, 2018 19:21

Chris Fountain
Don Was is not favorable - how about Nile Rogers or Quincy Jones??
That would be awesome if they would get Nile Rodgers

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: December 7, 2018 20:01

mtaylor
Jumpinjackflash59
dcba
mtaylor
Paris. Recording new album and tour rehearsals

Hell no! The place they chose in 2012 and 2014 was a dump in terms of security and it was located in a bad bad area. So they'd be wise (and they are) to stick to the "Fort Knox-like" London rehearsal studio.

God, i can't believe i'm still alive and well.
They've been there twice, 6 weeks the first time if i remember well, 2 weeks the second time. Sounds like they enjoyed the place, despite it was such a dangerous area, and were confident enough to let us in two times. As all the other stupid artists who chose to rehearse there and risked their lives, including a few big international acts [planetlive.fr]
But to be clear, it wouldn't make that much sense to rehearse in Paris suburbs for a North American Tour...and i'm not the studio owner winking smiley

I guess they prefer going out to dine in Paris than in Miami. Good French food versus Burger, French Fries, Coke and Sundae Ice Cream. I guess French Food and a good glass of French Wine is more interesting.

So is that a anti-american thing you have there or a stereo-type thing, or anti-Miami good restaurant thing? Not quite sure. I've been to Miami a few times, great restaurants, I went to a Cuban place and a Greek place, both outstanding.

Date: December 7, 2018 20:55

GasLightStreet

Or the 2013 / 2015 LA rehearsal sites.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 7, 2018 21:03

Irix
GasLightStreet

Or the 2013 / 2015 LA rehearsal sites.

No reason to rehearse in Toronto if they're not playing there. No visas or any other issues to deal with.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: December 7, 2018 21:16

mtaylor

I guess they prefer going out to dine in Paris than in Miami. Good French food versus Burger, French Fries, Coke and Sundae Ice Cream. I guess French Food and a good glass of French Wine is more interesting.[/quote]

mtaylor:

What simply ridiculous thing to post...

With regards to just the "dining" statement and Miami (the rest IDC)... its quite obvious you haven't clue on the World Class dining in Miami. No pissing contest just stating the obvious.

carry on

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-07 21:23 by chevysales.

Date: December 8, 2018 18:24

Chris Fountain
MisterDDDD
It'll most likely be the Miami area before the opener.

Makes sense to me. I remember them rehearsing at RFK Stadium ( not sure if stadium is now demolished) prior to the VD Lounge Tour. It was recorded on VH1 at the time.

RFK Stadium was home to the Redskins and Senators. Very intimate stadium. Visited many events when I was a kid. Great Times. That was when you could bring your own food into the stadium.

I use to live outside Washington DC. I remember this stadium very well. It is still up but not used much. Currently they are in the process of finding another venue on this same location. Perhaps when the redskins contract with FEDEX field runs out they will build a new venue on the same location.
RFK was a great vibe. The new stadium doesn't have the same vibe.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: December 13, 2018 23:27

No movement @the Studio in Paris so far.... Unless I am at the wrong studio!

>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<Re: 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 13, 2018 23:42

Hairball
First day of rehearsals:

*From 2013

My little late response:>grinning smiley< >grinning smiley< >grinning smiley<
smileys with beer

Re: >grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<Re: 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Date: December 13, 2018 23:58

georgie48
Hairball
First day of rehearsals:

*From 2013

My little late response:>grinning smiley< >grinning smiley< >grinning smiley<
smileys with beer

What’s funnier (not) my car battery just died.
Start Me Up too Mick.
True.

Date: December 14, 2018 00:02

rockerparis
People were wondering where the band was rehearsing in London for the last Tours

British grove Chiswick

‘All Of Your Love’
Say what? It was never played! I checked specifically every show oh I see Dec 2015 was when they recorded ‘Blue and Lonesome’ but it is posted in a band rehearsal thread.
Rehearsal thread for the year 2019. C’mon people. Stay current with me.
The only way I really rest is my car breaks down
Off the grid
Long live and love the RS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-14 00:07 by 35love.

2019 Tour Rehearsals/Club show
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: January 31, 2019 18:54

So i presume we have all seen the recent Keith quotes in RS about club shows.

Any news/insight into where the rehearsals might be? In what country/ state?!

I am hoping for Florida but if I recall they don't often rehearse and play a club in the same city as the tour opener.

Re: 2019 Tour Rehearsals/Club show
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 31, 2019 18:55

Alkmaar, netherlands.
Jeroen

Posted by: Marthijn ()
Date: February 1, 2019 10:44

smileys with beer

Posted by: JoolsH ()
Date: February 1, 2019 13:43

If it was the Netherlands, that'd be great! Since I'm seeing their shows in Chicago in June and coming from the UK, that'd be a little easier on the pocket! smiling smiley My money's on a club show not happening at all, but if it did - potentially somewhere like Toronto, as there's no Canadian shows on this run!

Date: February 1, 2019 13:44

We need BV to spill on any rumours heard!! :-)

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 1, 2019 15:12

They will probably rehearse in California again and/or in London. A potential club gig will be kept secret by the Stones and the insiders on this board, as it would be a logistical nightmare if thousands of peope would crowd up before a 200 or so capacity venue, and IORR is often used by popular news websites so this is no place were anything stays secret.

If there is a club gig, it may be a corporate gig for private audience. We will know something about these gigs shortly before they are happening i.e. on the day of the show. The last real spontanous club concert was at the Echoplex in 2013, thats six years ago. They might not feel to do that anymore, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Date: February 1, 2019 18:08

Stonesfan2146, totally agree with you, was just being cheeky! ;-) As it's been 6 years ago, who honestly knows - I too would love to be proved wrong and if it were to happen in London again (I saw the others back in 1995 and 1997), I'd be over the moon.... they're more than due another one in their home town!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 1, 2019 23:54

Jumpinjackflash59

God, i can't believe i'm still alive and well.
They've been there twice, 6 weeks the first time if i remember well, 2 weeks the second time. Sounds like they enjoyed the place, despite it was such a dangerous area, and were confident enough to let us in two times. As all the other stupid artists who chose to rehearse there and risked their lives, including a few big international acts

Thx for the sarcastic "funny" reply but you might have heard of a "tiny" event named the Bataclan massacre... Things have changed vastly in Paris since 2015-11-13 and "Paris in 2019" is not what it was in 2012 or 2014.
So I can bet everything I own they'll never return to the Planet Hollywood for a bunch of rehearsals.
And strangely as I write this I hear on the radio an interview with a French writer who previously was a teacher in a high school in Drancy where one of the Bataclan bastards studied.
Distance from Drancy to Bondy (where the PL is located)? 5,9km...

Beginning to see the light now, amigo? Yes the PL is located in a bad area...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-01 23:58 by dcba.

Date: February 2, 2019 00:06

35love
rockerparis

British grove Chiswick

‘All Of Your Love’
Say what? It was never played! I checked specifically every show oh I see Dec 2015 was when they recorded ‘Blue and Lonesome’ but it is posted in a band rehearsal thread.
Rehearsal thread for the year 2019. C’mon people. Stay current with me.
The only way I really rest is my car breaks down
Off the grid
Long live and love the RS

These were not rehearsals, but recording sessions smiling smiley

Date: February 2, 2019 16:53

I can’t afford the set list book
(What’s Mick’s intro say??)
But I stole some pictures of it (I own other Ronnie books, I think it’s ok)
‘let it loose’ was rehearsed in 2005 (in F)
with the note
‘had a go @ the new loose’

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 18:20 by 35love.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 3, 2019 01:18

Surely the State of Florida would make sense.
And when they tire of rehearsing Satisfaction for the 20th time, they could take a break and do some recording at one of the many fine studios down there.
If Mick can't get his mates to join him in the studio he can enrol some of the very competent studio musicians. Or have some guest blues players.
You don't have to credit any of the non Stones personnel...we wouldn't know the difference anyway. The record label don't need to know.
Can still go out as a Stones record.

Date: February 3, 2019 02:16

jlowe
Surely the State of Florida would make sense.
And when they tire of rehearsing Satisfaction for the 20th time, they could take a break and do some recording at one of the many fine studios down there.
If Mick can't get his mates to join him in the studio he can enrol some of the very competent studio musicians. Or have some guest blues players.
You don't have to credit any of the non Stones personnel...we wouldn't know the difference anyway. The record label don't need to know.
Can still go out as a Stones record.

What beach are we meeting at? smoking smiley
Edit, nah, I won’t be in FLA
but sounds like a good warm place for the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-03 02:43 by 35love.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: February 3, 2019 10:22

Just my opinion but I think the rehearsals will be in London. Charlie has already committed to a long time away for this tour and I can’t see them wanting to extend that further by having a month of rehearsals outside the UK.

LH2 again would be my best bet...

Date: February 3, 2019 11:05

2019 Tour Rehearsals starting in March according to Chuck Leavell: "We start rehearsals in March." - [www.Bloomberg.com] - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 3, 2019 11:08

Ronnie arrived in LA..

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 3, 2019 11:15

Rehearsals starting in March for Chuck makes sense. working back from the start of the Tour and assuming they don't plan to rehearse on weekends

20th April - first gig

18th April - stage rehearsal

8-16th April (7 days) - full band rehearsals, incl possibly one Club gig

25th March - 5th April (10 days) - core band rehearsal (incl Darryl, Chuck and Matt)

I read somewhere Keith or Mick saying they'd need an extra week rehearsing as they hadn't played for 9 months. This is one week more than 2018, and the same format.

Location - unlikely Europe - most likely East Coast of US - warmer, get jetlag over during rehearsals, probably cheaper.

just a guess

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home