Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2019 21:14

MisterDDDD
Yeah, never mind.
Like the previous poster stated.. they suck and can't sell out shows.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Relax MisterDDDD - nobody said they sucked.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 2, 2019 21:21

Quick poll:

Which is more amusing..
When negative naysayers state matter of factly that they can't fill stadiums and then go radio silent when they do..?

Or.. When they predict the exact same thing on the next tour?

Discuss.

Date: February 2, 2019 21:34

The simple point was they've already saturated North America with 16 upcoming shows, and there are still PLENTY of tickets available.
Will some of them eventually "sell out"? Maybe, the Rose Bowl has a good chance, but can't see why would they return with more shows...doesn't make much sense.
Seems heading to Mexico, Central and South America next would make the most sense, and if there are any other No Filter shows, that's probably where they'll go.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 3, 2019 02:03

PalaisRoyale
MisterDDDD
charlesbaudelaire
I wish that the band would play at least a few 2nd-or-3rd tier markets. Not everyone lives in huge megalopolises.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Their last major US tour they did just that and called it Zip Code.
This is a band that if you want to catch live you have to be willing to travel as waiting till they come to (fill in the blank) just isn't an option anymore for several reasons.

With that being said, what is the outlook of a 2nd American/North American leg of No Filter as Europe had two No
Filter mini tours.

Would be nice but I doubt it. Been traveling since 90s to catch them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-03 02:07 by babyblue.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 3, 2019 04:54

Bloomberg interviewd Chuck last week and he said rehearsals start in March.
He didn't say where and nothing about the new album was in the piece.
There's a new Topic on it; a lot about agri-business in his State
and the usual bio stuff.

Date: February 3, 2019 05:01

hopkins
Bloomberg interviewd Chuck last week and he said rehearsals start in March.
He didn't say where and nothing about the new album was in the piece.
There's a new Topic on it; a lot about agri-business in his State
and the usual bio stuff.

thumbs up

"Says rehearsals for the new Stones tour begin in March"

With rehearsals starting in just a month, doesn't leave much room to be working on a new album, but maybe they can still squeeze out a single before the tour starts.
Otherwise, I can hear Mick now..."here's a recent tune from 1981"....Start Me Up!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 3, 2019 05:20

i like that new thing on instagram a LOT. it sounded funky and GREAT.
gramps was ALL over it. looked like he was 14 and horny.
if it's just as mastery of image and mugging, good enough for me,
never stop. that sounded Good, man. give it up peeps.
there was spirit and a brightness to it, and it had def Groove.
it's gonna be a good one with some great tracks.

--
dang it, Hairball, how THIS post probs belongs on the New Album thread.
which means.
hoppy give up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-03 05:23 by hopkins.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 3, 2019 12:08

I'll wait until April or May. I think tickets will be cheaper

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: February 4, 2019 08:39

Mick Jagger's girlfriend Melanie appeared in an ad during the Super Bowl, for a few seconds. The main character was a man using a Mirror exercise machine.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 6, 2019 10:09

Any shows sold out yet,,,?

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: February 6, 2019 16:38

babyblue

No. I don’t think it’s from a lack of interest. The slow ticket sales clearly come from the absolutely outrageous ticket prices. For my wife and I to get bad seats (300 level)in Boston it would cost us well over $600 (with fees included) to literally sit a stadium away. It’s simply not worth it and we are diehard fans. Casual fans will never spend that kind of $. I will be sitting this tour out unless the prices come down significantly.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 6, 2019 16:58

babyblue

grinning smiley

Posted by: markrs ()
Date: February 6, 2019 17:02

Can’t see any tickets for New Orleans Jazz Fest show, if anyone knows something I don’t please share a link!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 6, 2019 17:31

Stubhub has some. Crazy prices for a $200 GA ticket!

[www.stubhub.com]

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 6, 2019 18:02

James Kirk
babyblue

No. I don’t think it’s from a lack of interest. The slow ticket sales clearly come from the absolutely outrageous ticket prices. For my wife and I to get bad seats (300 level)in Boston it would cost us well over $600 (with fees included) to literally sit a stadium away. It’s simply not worth it and we are diehard fans. Casual fans will never spend that kind of $. I will be sitting this tour out unless the prices come down significantly.

They will, but u may have to wait a bit. Patience.

plexi

Posted by: JoolsH ()
Date: February 6, 2019 18:10

I see Jacksonville as the only one so far with pit tickets going for in the $500s, each. I'm going to both Chicagos. As plexi said, patience is key and the nearer it gets, we can just hope for a big drop in these stupid prices! I mean, $1,500 for ONE ticket PLUS fees? sad smiley

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: February 6, 2019 18:48

I bought for NY2 in section 139 row 8 (third row from below) to 463 fees included. As I see that the PIT for NY I do not believe that it goes down to its normal price I assure this to "supposedly" standard ticket price. I'll wait as long as I can to get the 2 PIT for CHICAGO !!!

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 6, 2019 19:54

Just got a pit ticket, Ronnie side, for Santa Clara at $500 + fees. After months of checking. The prices are now back to $1500, but promising!

Date: February 6, 2019 20:02

grzegorz67
babyblue

grinning smiley

According to some like yourself who were at the previous NoFilter shows, I don't think many, if any of them legitimately sold out (as in no empty seats) - even with the help of Groupon and extra Lucky Dips becoming available. They may have labeled a couple of shows as "sold out", but that term has lost it's true meaning these days. I suspect the same will be happening here for most shows as it seems there's still plenty of tickets available for most. Some of those outrageous platinum and VIP prices are sure to drop, and it already happened a few weeks ago for the second Chicago show with a smattering of VIP tix in the stands going for standard prices. I've been keeping an eye on that show, and patiently waiting for the motherlode to drop - be it Groupon, Costco, more Lucky Dips, stubhub, etc.

JoolsH
I see Jacksonville as the only one so far with pit tickets going for in the $500s, each. I'm going to both Chicagos. As plexi said, patience is key and the nearer it gets, we can just hope for a big drop in these stupid prices! I mean, $1,500 for ONE ticket PLUS fees? sad smiley

Glendale AZ has had PIT avaialble at $442.75 +fees for weeks now, along with loads of seats in many sections. It's selling so poorly, they've disabled the 'resale' option.
Maybe with enough free radio contest giveaways, and massive price drops, etc., they can put a dent in that one to make it seem a bit more respectable. As it is, they might have to bring out the tarps.

cyclist
Just got a pit ticket, Ronnie side, for Santa Clara at $500 + fees. After months of checking. The prices are now back to $1500, but promising!

Nice job smileys with beer, and that seemed like it might have been one of the better selling shows!
Expecting more price drops to continue from this point on.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 20:04 by Hairball.

Date: February 6, 2019 20:18

Just looked at Chicago 2 as part of my daily ritual, and an entire block of about 50 seats have appeared in section 136 at standard price of $395.50 +fees.
Still ridiculously overpriced, and not the greatest seats, but nice to see some massive drops happening. Patience is the key.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 6, 2019 22:59

Is StubHub reliable? Looking at pit tickets on there. Travelling from the UK.

Date: February 6, 2019 23:10

WelshEdge1
Is StubHub reliable? Looking at pit tickets on there. Travelling from the UK.

Very reliable in my experience and from what I've read/heard.
Owned by Ebay.. plenty of safety measures in place, as well as ways to work out issues if they were to arise (if seller flakes, provide other tix etc)

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 6, 2019 23:21

I've used Stub Hub for years and never had a single problem.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 6, 2019 23:24

Never had a problem with Stubhub except seeing that much money "slide out of my hands." Worth it.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 7, 2019 01:14

If you use StubHub, you can change the settings so it will show you the price including fees......this is not the default setting.

Never had a problem with them the 5 or 6 times I had to use them.

I once bought a ticket (for Liam Gallagher) that was advertised as a pit ticket, I was skeptical as it was priced like Regular GA, when I got to the venue, it was a GA ticket, I immediately called StubHub, and within 15 minutes, for no additional fees or price, I was in the Pit.

Date: February 7, 2019 02:24

Hairball
I've been keeping an eye on that show, and patiently waiting for the motherlode to drop - be it Groupon, Costco, more Lucky Dips, stubhub, etc.

or Ticketmaster too!

plexi

Date: February 7, 2019 02:34

yes, I've had nothing but good experiences with Stubhub. I usually use them for major league baseball games mostly in the last 15 or so years and I usually, I think every time actually, I save money over face -- they are less than face. The only concert I did with them was the Dead at Levi's on their 50th anniversary tour in 2015 and we got those for quite a bit less too.

Of course, at none of the above was I going for great seats nor were they sold out. But Hairball got sold out (I believe) Desert Trip pit or either the first or second weekend (or both), which were originally sold for $1,600 for all three days per weekend, for like 3 to 400. And I know people on this board (from England) who paid full price when they first went on sale.

plexi

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 03:39 by timbernardis.

Date: February 7, 2019 02:35

timbernardis

or Ticketmaster too!

plexi

Indeed.. perhaps more Lucky Dips for those that missed out!

Platinum tickets turning into standard priced tickets is not some kind of"huge price drop" however. So many look at Platinum (re-sell) as some kind of standard pricing.. it's not even something I look at, like other resellers.
So far, zero "price drops" from standard ticket pricing, but likely some rows etc will change as it gets closer.

Date: February 7, 2019 02:42

timbernardis

..which were originally sold for $1,600 for all three days of each weekend, for like 3 to 400. And I know people on this board (from England) who paid full price when they first went on sale.

plexi
I paid $250 off Stubhub for a three day pit pass for weekend 2.
Stubhub set up a venue for all the pickups etc. at a local hotel.
Was very easy to snag last minute!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 7, 2019 03:48

I have bought most of my tickets through StubHub. Great customer service and cheaper than Ticketbastard!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2075
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home