Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: November 29, 2018 19:42

Some of the pre-sales that are starting today are for season ticket holders and that sort of thing. Pretty sure that's what I saw for Seattle, Seahawks season ticket holder presale starts at 10 today, while the fanclub one has now ended.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 29, 2018 19:48

okay, so I guess the choices are HARLEM, SHUFFLE OR CLOUD!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 29, 2018 19:48

Yeah, Broncos season ticket holder presale is happening now. Nothing good.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 29, 2018 19:51

sarahunwin
God I wish for the days when I could camp out with my sleeping bag and bottle of brandy outside the place where you could buy tickets in person!!!!!

Or just walking up to a ticket window and buying a ticket. Prior to the 1989 tour, all the shows were general admission, none of this pit shitt. I would never ever pay those prices. Even when the Stones played Toronto, which I've seen them there more than a few times, I've never had a problem getting a ticket in those days.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 29, 2018 19:51

I get a bunch of e-mail and FB queries every day now. They are typically rumour based on not based on facts or any good sources. They are typically like this:

Will there be more shows? Will they play 3 shows in Chicago, NJ, or more shows in Boston? Will they play during the break days? Will the tour continue into July and August 2019? Will there be club shows? How to get VIP tickets. And so on. These are my general comments. I do recommend everyone to pay attention to IORR. I can not and will not comment on rumours on an individual basis.

This tour is based on 16 shows, of which 15 have been announced now. They will probably announce show #16 of the tour i.e. the Jazz Fest New Orleans show based on some Jazz Fest PR thing, may be early to mid December.

From touring history, i.e. from 2012 to 2018, they play on average 14 shows per year, with normally 6-12 months between each tour, some times one corporate gig, some times a warmup/club show, but not often. There have been two warmup club gigs only so far since 2012: Trabendo 2012 and Echoplex 2013. Fonda was a recording show to make a movie/dvd.

There may be more shows, but I don't think so. I go home June 26 next year, the day after the 2nd Chicago show. I spend my spare time in cheap hotels on the three rest days between shows, also between Pasadena and Santa Clara. Still, all my bookings are open, same with flights. After all, there could be a cancellation, Mick might loose his voice, like Hunter Valley, Like Las Vegas, and then they might reschedule into a blank date, may be, may be.

If something happens, if they suddenly get 20 years younger and feel like playing more shows and club shows, IORR will be the first place you will be told. Just like you had the complete tour listed here on IORR before it was announced last week.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 20:00 by bv.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 29, 2018 19:57

bv
If something happens, if they suddenly get 20 years younger and feel like playing more shows and club shows, IORR will be the first place you will be told. Just like you had the complete tour listed here on IORR before it was announced last week.

Amen to that. As it should be.

BV, you should write a travel book. Just like the European traveler on PBS Rick Steves. Share with people how to pack, book cheap flights, what hotels to say in, transportation, ticket secrets eye popping smiley and places to eat, along with other tips.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 29, 2018 19:59

sarahunwin
I think Ticketbastard have programmed it so even if face value Pit tic show up, you cannot buy them!!!

Not true. What I did I kept clicking on the same exact listing without letting the page refresh the map. It worked after about 5-6 tries. Click, click, click.

Date: November 29, 2018 20:00

sarahunwin
okay, so I guess the choices are HARLEM, SHUFFLE OR CLOUD!

MIDNIGHT and STADIUM work as well.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:00

A whole week between Pasadena and Santa Clara is intriguing. Either something special happening (speculation/wishful thinking),
or they just want to relax in Southern California enjoying all it has to offer - warm weather, beaches, Disneyland smiling smiley, etc.

And then there was Mick's young girlfriend in Beverly Hills...wonder what happened to her?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:01

swimtothemoon
timbernardis
Hairball

If they drop down $500 I might think about it, but after I think about it for a minute, I'll probably veto the idea.
Evidently that's the general sale price as some here were able to get them for other shows - cheaper Pit tix than the Euro shows!

not so with the VIP packages. Mostly they r 1,600 that I have seen and in Paris last year, I got the top VIP package for less than half of that.

plexi

Thanks I must have missed the email and will recheck. The two Florida shows and
the two Chicago shows are on my radar. Maybe the AZ show and the Rose bowl show
as well. So far only pulled the trigger on one. Will wait on the others. The prices on the others should drop. Chicago has now added a second show and the
sum of these two shows are a lot of very expensive tickets which should
move in only one direction. The shows are seven months away. However the second Chicago show is the last show of the tour - not sure how many ticket buyers care though.

Just resent the e mail to you. Thanks.

plexi

Date: November 29, 2018 20:04

Topi
sarahunwin
I think Ticketbastard have programmed it so even if face value Pit tic show up, you cannot buy them!!!

Not true. What I did I kept clicking on the same exact listing without letting the page refresh the map. It worked after about 5-6 tries. Click, click, click.

Am I right in assuming these are the face value $500 Pit tix?
Haven't seen any myself for Glendale, Pasadena, or Santa Clara, but I know others were able to get them for other shows.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:09

I'm watching "Sit tight, We're Securing your verified tickets" for five minutes now. Did it take this long for everyone?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:09

Irix
JumpinJeppeFlash

Is there a link to the AEG pre-sale?

[www.axs.com]

nothing listed for denver or chicago on axs.

p

Date: November 29, 2018 20:11

Hairball
Topi
sarahunwin

Haven't seen any myself for Glendale, Pasadena, or Santa Clara, but I know others were able to get them for other shows.

I had two pit in my cart for houston $771 each but when they added the fees they were $900 each...even..

I did not buy

Date: November 29, 2018 20:16

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
Topi
sarahunwin

I had two pit in my cart for houston $771 each but when they added the fees they were $900 each...even..

I did not buy

Those must have been platinum. I saw some hovering around $800 last night for Glendale which were platinum/non VIP - now they've bounced back up a few hundred dollars.
Keeping an eye out for the elusive $500 face values...none of which I've seen yet. And not that I would but them, though it might be tempting.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:17

The AEG presale is HARLEM but it's still through TM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 20:17 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:22

Today I hate tm more than I did yesterday. I did not think that was possible...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 20:22 by JN99.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:29

vibrolux
I'm watching "Sit tight, We're Securing your verified tickets" for five minutes now. Did it take this long for everyone?

I had that up for 2 hours earlier, 2 different screens for different shows. Nothing ever came of either.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:32

ChrisL
vibrolux

I had that up for 2 hours earlier, 2 different screens for different shows. Nothing ever came of either.

Yeah. It's been a 1/2 hour now that I've been looking at these pit seats I'll never get. Thanks TM!

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:39

The good ole days standing in line all nite sipping BlackBerry brandy waiting for tickets.

Date: November 29, 2018 20:42

Hairball
Topi
sarahunwin

Yes this was MetLife #1, happened about 10:30 am EST.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:48

Topi
Hairball
Topi
sarahunwin

Yes this was MetLife #1, happened about 10:30 am EST.

Oh, so that was you! Congratulations! $500 face plus fees for their wonderful "service" comes out to over $600. Show is 6 months out and I'm betting that there will be Pit tickets for below face on the secondary markets eventually.

Date: November 29, 2018 20:50

Actually with fees it was about 562$ which I was still OK with. Glad I got my bonuses though lol.

Indeed, we'll see how the pits behave down the road but I'd bet MetLife is one of the tougher ones, with those two being the only NYC area shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 20:55 by Topi.

Date: November 29, 2018 20:51

Well, I bit the high price bullet and bought a Pit ticket for the last show in Chicago on Keith's side on Stubhub for $1,079 including fees. Luckily I have a relative in Chicago where they will mail the ticket as the due arrival date wasn't until June 21! Now at least I know I have what I need for the last show (it's my relative's birthday in chicago on that day and she has never seen the Stones so guess what I will be getting her for her birthday.....)

Gonna be patient and try to score face value for Chicago 1, Levi's and Pasadena!

Date: November 29, 2018 20:53

Any one know if Lucky Dip will be on RS.com with that special button on the day of the general sale?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:59

Patience and perseverance will pay off for tickets, these are massive stadium shows. If you’re paying over face value you will be disappointed in the coming months.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:02

vibrolux

Yes, I have had that happen a few times trying get list price pit tickets. So far it has never completed - just stays that way. Yesterday I even had that happen for several minutes trying to get a single GA ticket for a friend. I gave up, searched again, and was able to purchase one GA ticket.

I'm thinking that if you see that "sit tight" for more than a minute, something is wrong and start again.

Has anyone pulled up tickets after waiting more than a minute looking at that "sit tight" screen???

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:19

gone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 21:27 by Dan.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:31

Dan
gone

I’m glad I am off this thread now
those seats sounded good
‘you better take your diamond ring, you better pawn it babe’

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:49

Pit tickets for most shows on stubhub are going for $700-$900 with all the brand new excitement of the onsales and tour announcement. I'm pretty sure from past experience that by 1-2 months before show time those who want pit tickets will be able to get them in the $500-$600 range. Probably a bunch lower than that if you can wait until very close to show time.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home