Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 19
Re: Beggars Banquet and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets to be released?
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 13, 2018 20:10

Hopefully, this won't be like the Satanic deluxe set.

Re: Beggars Banquet and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets to be released?
Posted by: spunky ()
Date: August 8, 2018 21:36

Any news on this release?

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 8, 2018 22:26

is this release just a rehash of what we already have. or will it include outtakes from songs not officially released.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: August 12, 2018 01:28

The info about Their Satanic Majesties was published by Deltics in July 10 2017
[iorr.org]
and the record was released on 22 September.

Looks like Beggars 50th Anniversary is going to be released later than late September...

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 12, 2018 06:00

His Majesty

The cassette take of Pay Your Dues/SFM available at Exhibitionism should be on there

By “available” at Exhibitionism, what exactly do you mean? For purchase?

Has this been shared?

J

Date: August 12, 2018 20:05

JMARKO
His Majesty

The cassette take of Pay Your Dues/SFM available at Exhibitionism should be on there

By “available” at Exhibitionism, what exactly do you mean? For purchase?

Has this been shared?

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 28, 2018 21:45

MoMA Presents: Jean-Luc Godard’s Sympathy for the Devil
September 13–19, 2018
The Museum of Modern Art

MoMA premieres an exclusive New York theatrical run of the newly restored Rolling Stones/Godard collaboration Sympathy for the Devil. Martin Scorsese, in an interview, observed, “Sympathy for the Devil: now that’s quintessential. That movie, with the vignettes that [Jean-Luc] Godard intercuts with the rehearsal sessions…[a] still powerful and disturbing movie. It makes you rethink; it redefines your way of looking at life and reality and politics.” Keith Richards, in his memoir Life: “Politics came for us whether we liked it or not, once in the odd personage of Jean-Luc Godard, the great French cinematic innovator…. Sympathy for the Devil is by chance a record of the song by us of that name being born in the studio. The song turned after many takes from a Dylanesque, rather turgid folk song into a rocking samba—from a turkey into a hit—by a shift of rhythm, all recorded in stages by Jean-Luc….”

This new 4K digital restoration is presented on September 13 by cinematographer Tony Richmond (Don’t Look Now, The Man Who Fell to Earth), who supervised the color grading from the original 35mm camera negative. Courtesy of ABKCO Films.

Organized by Joshua Siegel, Curator, Department of Film.

[www.moma.org]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 28, 2018 21:52

The Rolling Stones Sympathy For The Devil Jean-Luc Godard Documentary Restored
by Paul Cashmere on August 28, 2018

Jean-Luc Godard’s ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, documenting the creation of the Rolling Stones classic of half a century ago, has been restored for rerelease in 4K vision.

‘Sympathy for the Devil’ was originally released in 1969. The movie was filmed using a 35mm camera. It features The Rolling Stones original line up of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Brian Jones, Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman were joined by Nicky Hopkins, Marianne Faithfull, Anita Pallenberg and James Fox in the landmark session that took place at Olympic Sound Studios in London in June 1968.

According to the distributor, “the expanded rerelease of the film includes numerous extras including the entirety of One Plus One (Godard’s director’s cut) as well as Voices, a 1968 documentary on the making of Sympathy For The Devil, along with a 2018 documentary featuring interviews with Tony Richmond and Mim Scala, one of the film’s producers. Additional extras include a full-length commentary track by Godard authority David Sterritt, former Chairman of the National Society of Film Critics, and the physical package showcases an essay by author Danny Goldberg (In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967 and the Hippie Idea, Dispatches From The Culture Wars). Goldberg wrote, “Musically, the film shows the Stones manifesting a fragile balance between fidelity to roots and to innovation. Created more than a decade before MTV began, Sympathy For the Devil can be seen as a long music video, completely unique at the time in showing the work and creativity that goes into the making of a record.”

Screening in cinemas across America will precede the DVD release. The film will be shown at The American Cinematheque’s Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles on Friday, September 7 and it will have a week long run at New York’s Museum of Modern Art Thurssday, September 13 through Friday, September 19.** Tony Richmond will be on hand at the Egyptian on September 7* and MoMA on Thursday, September 13th for post screening conversations. Peter Rainer, film critic for the Christian Science Monitor and president of the National Society of Film Critics will moderate the discussion at the Egyptian while Josh Siegel, curator of the department of film at MoMA, will moderate the post screening conversation on September 13.

[www.noise11.com]

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 28, 2018 21:57

the decca logo's on the cd's looking a bit strange smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 28, 2018 22:04

Cristiano Radtke
September 13–19, 2018
The Museum of Modern Art

MoMA premieres an exclusive New York theatrical run of the newly restored Rolling Stones/Godard collaboration Sympathy for the Devil. Martin Scorsese, in an interview, observed, “Sympathy for the Devil: now that’s quintessential. That movie, with the vignettes that [Jean-Luc] Godard intercuts with the rehearsal sessions…[a] still powerful and disturbing movie. It makes you rethink; it redefines your way of looking at life and reality and politics.” Keith Richards, in his memoir Life: “Politics came for us whether we liked it or not, once in the odd personage of Jean-Luc Godard, the great French cinematic innovator…. Sympathy for the Devil is by chance a record of the song by us of that name being born in the studio. The song turned after many takes from a Dylanesque, rather turgid folk song into a rocking samba—from a turkey into a hit—by a shift of rhythm, all recorded in stages by Jean-Luc….”

This new 4K digital restoration is presented on September 13 by cinematographer Tony Richmond (Don’t Look Now, The Man Who Fell to Earth), who supervised the color grading from the original 35mm camera negative. Courtesy of ABKCO Films.

[www.moma.org]

I would like to see an edited version of just the Stones in the studio!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 28, 2018 22:21

BB 50th not far away!!

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 29, 2018 15:00

DGA35
Cristiano Radtke
September 13–19, 2018
The Museum of Modern Art

[www.moma.org]

Same here. Perhaps someone can explain what the point of the rest of it is. Looks like pseudo-intellectual crap to me.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 29, 2018 15:19

Harlem Shuffler
DGA35
Cristiano Radtke
September 13–19, 2018
The Museum of Modern Art

[www.moma.org]

Same here. Perhaps someone can explain what the point of the rest of it is. Looks like pseudo-intellectual crap to me.

There was an excellent 50 minute edit of it posted on Vimeo last year but sadly it's been taken down.
To get it, you'll have to find someone who doesn't hide their email address and ask them nicely. winking smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 29, 2018 22:11

MononoM
the decca logo's on the cd's looking a bit strange smiling smiley

DECCA:
Still around in StonesLand after all these years?

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 29, 2018 23:47

midnrambler
If it will be the same as with Satanic Majesties we can forget it.

AGREE - If no bonus studio outtakes they can keep it

Posted by: rara ()
Date: August 30, 2018 00:04

Lynd8
midnrambler

Hah, you wish. It will be a 'limited collector's edition' and everyone will be jumping on board drinking smiley

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 30, 2018 03:13

rara
Lynd8
midnrambler

Hah, you wish. It will be a 'limited collector's edition' and everyone will be jumping on board drinking smiley

Having the 2002 SACD and the Mono Box versions, I had zero interest in the Satanic 50th sets.

Date: August 30, 2018 15:46

I just bought a pretty recent release of that film!

Won't buy it again smiling smiley

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: August 30, 2018 16:24

Bought it on VHS then dvd then Blu ray.....now 4k? I hope I resist...

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 30, 2018 17:38

DVD/ Blu-ray released in USA October 5th per amazon

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 2, 2018 15:51

Bashlets
DVD/ Blu-ray released in USA October 5th per amazon
Do you have a link? Can't find it on the site.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 2, 2018 17:39

It seems it’s been removed on Amazon’s site. If you do a search on Blu-ray. Com it’s still listed for October 5

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 3, 2018 08:45

powerage78
Oh yes !

Bashlets
I'm looking forward to 2019. Maybe for the 50th we get deluxe Let it Bleed and finally the entire MSG show from 1969. Now that would be awesome

In the meantime, rip the deluxe Ya-Yas on to your hard drive and make a CDR with the correct sequence of a complete 1969 MSG show. Ya-Yas, yeah!

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: September 3, 2018 11:51

The endearingly out of tune ‘Blood Red Wine’ is perhaps my favorite unreleased Stones song. It would’ve been regarded as highly as Wild Horses had somebody bothered to fight for it, I’m sure of it. But as much as I’d like them to give it the zombie treatment a la Plundered My Soul, and as vastly superior it would be to any of their new material, if I’m Mick Jagger I’d tell me that I’m sh*t out of luck. I mean he arguably has better things to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-03 11:53 by Swayed1967.

Date: September 3, 2018 12:12

The acoustic Child Of The Moon (the first take) and Still A Fool should be included, too (Blood Red Wine, bring it on indeed!).

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-03 14:09 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: September 4, 2018 06:09

Hey Stones fans.

I will try and find out more about these releases very soon the next time I go to ABKCO. I lent them original magazine articles on these three releases for their 50th anniversary projects, so the next time I go up to their office I will see what I can find out, and if they will give me the okay to post the details of these releases.

Rob

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2018 06:11

Okay ….. We'll wait here …. don't be long …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: September 4, 2018 06:22

Rockman

?

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: September 4, 2018 13:35

stones1969
Rockman

?

Translation (that's actually my job!): hurry up and tells us everything you know!

Date: September 4, 2018 13:47

Rockman

grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home