Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14
Re: Cardiff UK 15-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 17, 2018 14:16

exhpart
keithsman
It was a great show, better audience than Manchester from where i was Standing, so pleased i got SFM as an opener, Keith was better again, JJF epic after the not so bad start restarted for some reason. Keith great SMU , i'm still convinced he cocks it up as opener on purpose and no one will convince me otherwise.
Lots of energy, they really rock , only downside was disappointed to get YGTS from Keith, fed up with that one and i don't like the way they play GOMC , no guts to it, crap drums.

Looking forward to Twicks, they are getting better all the time, Mick and Keith still deliver the best show on earth smiling smiley

PS. it really is time to drop YCAGWYW, absolute load of bollocks, give me SWAY or CYHMK any day.

Hear hear ...getting to hate it if that's not too strong a word, and never liked it that much in the 1st place, just don't get why it's seemingly so indispensable

It's absolutely not indispensable in any way on any level and no one would miss it if CYHMK or Memory Motel was in it's place, but Mick thinks it's indispensable, he is of a generation that thinks we need a good old singalong at some point.
Miss You is arguably necessary for crowd reaction but not YCAGWYW , especially when it's played like it is these days compared to 81' 82'

It didn't detract from a great concert , but with only 19 songs being played Miss You and YCAGWYW could surely be shortened a little to include 20 songs per gig, i would love for them to squeeze in Bitch or Rocks Off.

Ok one last show left for me at Twickenham, can't say that i am regretting all the travel and expense, i would go so far as to say that these are the best shows since 2003, not equal but almost as good and better than anything in between. The sound makes a big difference, the guitars are really LOUD and Mick and Ronnie are giving it everything, going for broke like its the last time, it came to me when watching Ronnie that he is behaving like it's his last time out with the band, like he knows something we don't, hope i'm wrong.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 17, 2018 14:32

keithsman
It came to me when watching Ronnie that he is behaving like it's his last time out with the band, like he knows something we don't, hope i'm wrong.

That's not surprising since he has recently recovered from lung cancer. He was lucky this time because it hadn't spread, but he will be all too aware now that he isn't immortal.

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: June 17, 2018 14:41

Get off of my cloud

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: June 17, 2018 15:13

Re YCAGWYW in setlist

'Mick thinks it's indispensable, he is of a generation that thinks we need a good old singalong st some point!'

I realise some people don't want/enjoy
a singalong
Or dancing
Or getting in the groove

So into the music
Listening out for bum notes etc

Ok if that's your thing

OT (ever been part of 'Hey Jude' singalong with Macca?
Totally totally naff yeah but it works)

Us Brits just love a bit of naff,
It works for us and we do it really well
So maybe Mick includes it because they're on home turf?

Not to include it?
Not to join in?

Quite simply
Would be
Rude!

Date: June 17, 2018 15:25

nobodyimportant
keithsman
It came to me when watching Ronnie that he is behaving like it's his last time out with the band, like he knows something we don't, hope i'm wrong.

That's not surprising since he has recently recovered from lung cancer. He was lucky this time because it hadn't spread, but he will be all too aware now that he isn't immortal.

Sorry but i didn't pick that up, i just mean that they might be giving it all they got ( Keith making more of an effort etc ) because they might know that these are the last set of gigs, maybe Charlie agreed to these last 14 shows or something but said that's it. I don't know but they are all behaving like this is it, so it's got to be good, it's got to be right.
The way Mick and Keith are behaving towards each other, it's been a bit special this time out, as i say i hope i am wrong but i came away thinking this could go on for years, they are capable of playing together ( health permitting ) for 5 or 6 more years, but who know's for some reason we can't see, or for some reason only the Stones can see, perhaps not. It's not like they are going to tell the public what plans they have but body language comes into play. These are definitely special show's , so if you can still get a ticket i would go and see them, they are playing in the Twilight Zone.

I wouldn't worry about Ronnie, he is as fit as a fiddle, so energetic compared to when he was younger that it's confusing, does he have a magical pill lol.
They are all defying their age, some more than others, Keith is clearly conserving energy to get through the two hour gigs, so that indicates father time is catching him up regardless of sobriety, but i don't get that impression watching Mick and Ronnie, unique, unparalleled, a cynical man would say suspicious even, some kind of youth extension enhancers, its all possible these days, it's out there if you can afford it. winking smiley

Whatever it is giving the boys their energy, could be palates for all i know, i'm not complaining, just watching them exhausts me and i'm only 53, i'm still recovering from the show, absolutely knackered and all i did was watch them and jump around a bit confused smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 17, 2018 15:38

Beyond motivation, their physical capacity will alone make Stones future.
5 or 6 years more ? Hummm.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 17, 2018 15:43

ycagwywpmd
Re YCAGWYW in setlist

'Mick thinks it's indispensable, he is of a generation that thinks we need a good old singalong st some point!'

a singalong
Or dancing
Or getting in the groove

So into the music

Ok if that's your thing

Not to include it?
Not to join in?

Quite simply
Would be
Rude!

What are you talking about , YCAGWYW has been included in every show all around the world since 2012 and before that. ( except the Fonda Sticky Fingers gig )
Its got nothing to do with being a Brit. It's always played to everyone.

I'm just saying i prefer a bit of CYHMK now and again, just mix it up a bit.
YCAGWYW is a fine Stones song, but unlike JJF it's not compulsory.

Date: June 17, 2018 15:47

powerage78
Beyond motivation, their physical capacity will alone make Stones future.
5 or 6 years more ? Hummm.

You would have said that 5 or 6 years ago eye rolling smiley

This is the Stones, its beyond logic limitations or reality winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-17 15:47 by keithsman.

Date: June 17, 2018 16:00

No.
Charlie will be 82. Mick and Keith 80.
So I don't think so.
But I'm probably wrong.

Date: June 17, 2018 16:16

powerage78
No.
So I don't think so.
But I'm probably wrong.

But it almost equally unthinkable that they are delivering Rock music at the energetic level they are at their ages now.

Mick could easily pull it off five years from now, he could do his cool moves from around the mic stand, the guitarists could still play the music as long as they can still stand, and there are drummers still playing in their early 80's it's not unheard of.

They could play smaller arenas and clubs, do an acoustic unplugged set, play more ballads, people love the slow ones more , especially casual fans.
Honestly if they are alive and kicking they can play, look at Jerry Lee Lewis and he is in poor health with arthritis and still tours and he doesn't have any other band members to fall back on and take the heat off him for a while.
McCartney is still going strong, these guys will play till they drop if they want too.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 17, 2018 16:30

keithsman
powerage78
No.
So I don't think so.
But I'm probably wrong.

But it almost equally unthinkable that they are delivering Rock music at the energetic level they are at their ages now.

Mick could easily pull it off five years from now, he could do his cool moves from around the mic stand, the guitarists could still play the music as long as they can still stand, and there are drummers still playing in their early 80's it's not unheard of.

They could play smaller arenas and clubs, do an acoustic unplugged set, play more ballads, people love the slow ones more , especially casual fans.
Honestly if they are alive and kicking they can play, look at Jerry Lee Lewis and he is in poor health with arthritis and still tours and he doesn't have any other band members to fall back on and take the heat off him for a while.
McCartney is still going strong, these guys will play till they drop if they want too.

Paul McCartney: ‘There are currently no forthcoming gigs confirmed.’ (2018)
Just a guess as I begin my day of sitting (which will include 17 hours of sitting on various airplanes ugh)
I think Paul is/ will quietly sliding to the left/ out the door, hopefully unnoticed and I think the RS are doing the same. They are both too ‘big’ and have too much impact on people to do it any other way. I admire and respect this plan.
I do think this is the last tour.

Date: June 17, 2018 18:08

35love
keithsman
powerage78
No.
So I don't think so.
But I'm probably wrong.

Just a guess as I begin my day of sitting (which will include 17 hours of sitting on various airplanes ugh)
I think Paul is/ will quietly sliding to the left/ out the door, hopefully unnoticed and I think the RS are doing the same. They are both too ‘big’ and have too much impact on people to do it any other way. I admire and respect this plan.

Yes 35love, ( hope you enjoyed the shows as much as me BTW ) that is what i was hinting at in my previous posts, there is this sense that this is the last time, it's noticeable between the band members, even Charlie is all smiles. They can't hide the commitment, togetherness and camaraderie they share , iv'e never seen the band so supportive of each other. You can feel the love and respect between the four of them.
Like i say, i hope i am wrong because they are playing so well and they are really hitting their stride, but if this is the end, what a way to bow out, at the very top of their game, to fabulous reviews and happy excited faces, i'm still buzzing now from Cardiff, i can't stop shaking my head thinking how the @#$%& do they do it.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 17, 2018 18:28

I love how they play Miss You in these concerts, they finally have the guitars re-centered and this is fantastic.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 17, 2018 18:36

35love
keithsman
powerage78
No.
So I don't think so.
But I'm probably wrong.

Bjornulf has said that another tour is being planned. Of course he won’t say where or when so don’t bother asking him, but I believe plans are afoot.

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: June 17, 2018 19:17

grzegorz67
Bjornulf has said that another tour is being planned. Of course he won’t say where or when so don’t bother asking.

The screens at Cardiff, just prior to them being powered down displayed the meessage 'See You Soon'. Reading that as I left the stadium made for a perfect end to the night.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 17, 2018 20:50

35love

Guess the tour page on his website didn't get the memo about the Austin City Limits Festival. ; )

[www.paulmccartney.com]

Date: June 17, 2018 21:10

grzegorz67
35love
keithsman
powerage78
No.
So I don't think so.
But I'm probably wrong.

Bjornulf has said that another tour is being planned. Of course he won’t say where or when so don’t bother asking him, but I believe plans are afoot.

That's great news grzegorz67 , i'll drink to that thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: June 17, 2018 21:23

hobshobs1
grzegorz67
Bjornulf has said that another tour is being planned. Of course he won’t say where or when so don’t bother asking.

The screens at Cardiff, just prior to them being powered down displayed the meessage 'See You Soon'. Reading that as I left the stadium made for a perfect end to the night.

They have done every night of the No Filter Tour from both last year and this.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 17, 2018 21:34

grzegorz67
35love
keithsman
powerage78
No.
So I don't think so.
But I'm probably wrong.

This is the truth of the matter, and any speculation this is the last tour has no substance.
People can read into the body language and vibe the band gives off, but to quote Keith:

“There’s never ever been a word about it muttered among ourselves.
I guess the day’s obviously going to come, some day. But not in the near future.
We’re all looking forward to doing what we’re doing..."

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: June 17, 2018 21:50

grzegorz67
hobshobs1
grzegorz67

Great to hear, usually out of the stadium long before they switch off the power to the screens. My wife was with me in Cardiff, she's not tall at all, got in as the gates opened to got her a decent view from the fence at the front of GA. As a consequence of being first in we were last out. Seeing the 'See You Soon' display really made my night. Couple that with your post about another tour being planned makes for the perfect end to a great Stones weekend.

Date: June 17, 2018 22:00

US Tour in 2019.

Date: June 17, 2018 22:16

There is a lot to be said or read in body language, even on a subconscious level, you can visit family or friends and part by saying we look forward to seeing you soon, knowing full well you have no intention of doing so.
Its no different to when the Stones say see you next year, or see you soon, as they have done throughout their career to fans, the fact is they rarely show up at the same Venue, City or Country next year, and when they do like Germany and France again this year, they probably had no idea of that fact last year.

But if they are planning more shows next year that's fantastic news.
My experience of plans is that you can't rely on them either, especially when it comes to something complex like four band members getting together to tour the following year in their late 70's .
The last thing my Grandad said to me was see you and he was only 73.
Just enjoy this now because its very possible these next 6 shows are their last. If you can , go and see them, even if half the set list disappoints, just seeing the reaction these songs have on the audience is worth the entrance fee on its own.

Here's hoping they turn up somewhere, anywhere, this year or next.

Date: June 17, 2018 22:19

hobshobs1
grzegorz67
hobshobs1
grzegorz67

Great to hear, usually out of the stadium long before they switch off the power to the screens. My wife was with me in Cardiff, she's not tall at all, got in as the gates opened to got her a decent view from the fence at the front of GA. As a consequence of being first in we were last out. Seeing the 'See You Soon' display really made my night. Couple that with your post about another tour being planned makes for the perfect end to a great Stones weekend.

I was 2nd row in GA - far right Keith's side where it is closest to the stage. Sneaked into GA after getting a crap nosebleed with my Lucky Dip thumbs up. For European shows, See you soon is always translated into the local language so I will see it in Prague and Warsaw.

Date: June 17, 2018 22:21

powerage78
US Tour in 2019.

I think that's a reasonable shout. A handful of shows in 2016 but no longer Tour since Zip Code 2015 so fair enough if they get it.

Date: June 17, 2018 22:23

grzegorz67
hobshobs1
grzegorz67
hobshobs1
grzegorz67

I was 2nd row in GA - far right Keith's side where it is closest to the stage. Sneaked into GA after getting a crap nosebleed with my Lucky Dip thumbs up. For European shows, See you soon is always translated into the local language so I will see it in Prague and Warsaw.

Its a small world, you must have been almost breathing in my ear lol.
Same spot front row winking smiley

Date: June 17, 2018 22:27

keithsman
grzegorz67
hobshobs1
grzegorz67
hobshobs1
grzegorz67

I was wearing a US flag Tie Dye Stones Tee from the Licks Tour if that helps you place me. I also have quite a strong Scottish accent. Said Tee is quite rare, but I met a Greek guy on the way out with an identical Tee and his wife/partner took a photo of us standing together!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-17 22:28 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 17, 2018 22:40

Nice video stoneman333.

I love to watch the openings of the shows.

SFM, what an opener, Keith was right on, very powerful.

Date: June 17, 2018 22:41

grzegorz67
keithsman
grzegorz67
hobshobs1
grzegorz67
hobshobs1
grzegorz67

I was wearing a US flag Tie Dye Stones Tee from the Licks Tour if that helps you place me. I also have quite a strong Scottish accent. Said Tee is quite rare, but I met a Greek guy on the way out with an identical Tee and his wife/partner took a photo of us standing together!

Lol can't say that i saw or heard you, but if three annoyingly tall men ruined your view that was us, plus i was wearing an Expensive Wino's t shirt with just Keith's face and Stones tongue cap.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 17, 2018 23:45

ycagwywpmd
Re YCAGWYW in setlist

a singalong
Or dancing
Or getting in the groove

So into the music

Ok if that's your thing

Not to include it?
Not to join in?

Quite simply
Would be
Rude!
Just go to concert looking boring. Sitting down, being sober.... that's what we all love.....winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 18, 2018 01:38

powerage78
US Tour in 2019.

That's the word on the street. winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home