Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14
Re: Cardiff UK 15-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 18, 2018 02:19

bye bye johnny
35love
Paul McCartney: ‘There are currently no forthcoming gigs confirmed.’ (2018)

Guess the tour page on his website didn't get the memo about the Austin City Limits Festival. ; )

[www.paulmccartney.com]

Yes, apparently these old Brits found the fountain of life.
What can I say? I think it’s the last time every time.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 18, 2018 05:34

Hairball
powerage78
US Tour in 2019.

That's the word on the street. winking smiley

Good.

Date: June 18, 2018 10:47

maumau
YCAGWYW

video: [www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Either Mick has nothing of Keith in his in ear monitor, or he is extremely good at blocking out his guitar while singing grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 18, 2018 11:00

Well, that version of YCAGWYW was rather interesting.......eye popping smileysmiling smiley

Date: June 18, 2018 11:42

I reckon Pierre lost a couple of weeks salaries after that Cardiff-gig..

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 18, 2018 11:45

Yeah, it's never Keith's fault...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 18, 2018 11:49

powerage78
Yeah, it's never Keith's fault...

In this case, Keith's fault was to trust his guitar tech blindly.

But he should never have started YCAGWYW without holding his index finger on the fifth fret, of course smiling smiley

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 18, 2018 15:57

It shouldn´t be rocket sience...for Keith to improvise here...he´s a professional guitarplayer for f sake...

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 18, 2018 16:00

But if a guitar has a complete and unexpected tuning, it's damn hard to get it right, believe me.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 18, 2018 16:14

It was all fixed within a minute and then they got going again. I was there and it didn't bother me in the slightest. If anything, I found it quite entertaining in itself. It shows they're human, the music they play is really live and not some synthesised artificial rubbish. The fact that they recovered so quickly shows they can think on their feet and quickly fix, even in front of 60,000+ people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-18 16:16 by grzegorz67.

Date: June 18, 2018 16:15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-18 16:15 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 18, 2018 16:19

grzegorz67
It was all fixed within a minute and then they got going again. I was there and it didn't bother me in the slightest. If anything, I found it quite entertaining in itself. It shows they're human, the music they play is really live and not some synthesised artificial rubbish. The fact that they recovered so quickly shows they can think on their feet and quickly fix, even in front of 60,000+ people.

I quite enjoyed it, i cant remember that happening before at any of the concerts i have been to.

Date: June 18, 2018 16:21

Papo
But if a guitar has a complete and unexpected tuning, it's damn hard to get it right, believe me.

The same thing that happened on YCAGWYW happened to me once. I had to use my index finger as the "capo" for the entire song. You're playing under tremendous limitations, if you wanna add to the root chord.

Date: June 18, 2018 16:24

odean73
grzegorz67

I quite enjoyed it, i cant remember that happening before at any of the concerts i have been to.

Me too. It was very obvious very quickly that there was something completely off with JJF and I fully expected that one to be restarted, which it duly was thumbs up And how! One of the strongest JJFs of the tour.

I thought they did very well to rerail YCAGWYW without having to restart it.

For me, moments like that add to the sense of live theatre. But I wouldn't want it to happen on every song of course moody smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 18, 2018 16:58

Keith is in charge of starting many songs. He is tuned up to max and the moment he is touching his guitar strings he is on and all over the stadium. He also shift out and in guiters on many songs, so everything is supposd to be like a clockwork. Still, I am surprised this kind of stuff do not happen more often.

I do a lot of cross country biking, and due to the volume ogf biking, the number of hours I bike, and the risk level, I do have one accident every year. Some times I damage a couple of fingers, other times I get scratches on my legs, or I am close to crashing into a tree. If you do not take any risk, there is no fun. I like it when Keith do shift songs fast and don't waste time testing guitars playing it safe. No harm done.

It is not a goal or a Key Performance Indicator to deliver a show with no glitches or false starts or any kinds of issues. What is important is the Wide Smile Level Indicator. And the Total Happiness Indicator. They were both peaking for me in Cardiff, so thank you Stones, thank you Keith, thanks to the entire band and crew, you made a show I will remember for a long time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 18, 2018 16:58

Anyone on board with me in thinking it's time to drop these songs they played a thousand times when they start ballsing them up through boredom and complacency.
Please Mick drop YCAGWYW for something else.

Date: June 18, 2018 17:11

YCAGWYW

Don't know if this one has been posted
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 18, 2018 17:22

bv
Keith is in charge of starting many songs. He is tuned up to max and the moment he is touching his guitar strings he is on and all over the stadium. He also shift out and in guiters on many songs, so everything is supposd to be like a clockwork. Still, I am surprised this kind of stuff do not happen more often.

I do a lot of cross country biking, and due to the volume ogf biking, the number of hours I bike, and the risk level, I do have one accident every year. Some times I damage a couple of fingers, other times I get scratches on my legs, or I am close to crashing into a tree. If you do not take any risk, there is no fun. I like it when Keith do shift songs fast and don't waste time testing guitars playing it safe. No harm done.

It is not a goal or a Key Performance Indicator to deliver a show with no glitches or false starts or any kinds of issues. What is important is the Wide Smile Level Indicator. And the Total Happiness Indicator. They were both peaking for me in Cardiff, so thank you Stones, thank you Keith, thanks to the entire band and crew, you made a show I will remember for a long time.[/quo

Hi BV i too do a lot of cross country biking and hiking, i agree, actually i would go so far to say i am always carrying some kind of injury as a result of my passions.
What amazes me is that at the age of 75 Mick holds onto this incredible standard of fitness but never once appears to carry an injury, not a sprained ankle or a limp of any kind. Not one slip or trip onstage in all these years.
Year after year tour after tour, no physical injury, at his age its unique.
I would love for Mick to make a health and fitness book of some kind, it's a pity he doesn't share his methods with the rest of us. He just says i do a bit of Ballet or Palates, but i think there is a bit more than that to how he keeps that body so young.
If you watch him this tour he throws and thrusts himself into the music and his movements totally belie his age. He is risking physical injury with every move but throws caution to the wind. Just incredible, an inspiration to us all, age is just a number winking smiley.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 18, 2018 18:02

keithsman
bv

It is not a goal or a Key Performance Indicator to deliver a show with no glitches or false starts or any kinds of issues. What is important is the Wide Smile Level Indicator. And the Total Happiness Indicator. They were both peaking for me in Cardiff, so thank you Stones, thank you Keith, thanks to the entire band and crew, you made a show I will remember for a long time.[/quo

Hi BV i too do a lot of cross country biking and hiking, i agree, actually i would go so far to say i am always carrying some kind of injury as a result of my passions.
What amazes me is that at the age of 75 Mick holds onto this incredible standard of fitness but never once appears to carry an injury, not a sprained ankle or a limp of any kind. Not one slip or trip onstage in all these years.
Year after year tour after tour, no physical injury, at his age its unique.
I would love for Mick to make a health and fitness book of some kind, it's a pity he doesn't share his methods with the rest of us. He just says i do a bit of Ballet or Palates, but i think there is a bit more than that to how he keeps that body so young.
If you watch him this tour he throws and thrusts himself into the music and his movements totally belie his age. He is risking physical injury with every move but throws caution to the wind. Just incredible, an inspiration to us all, age is just a number winking smiley.

Yes, he is totally amazing and I would love to know just what he does. Clearly, he is also doing some work with weights. Those arms!!!!!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 18, 2018 19:39

I reckon the next live Stones album should be called "Forget about that bit"...........grinning smiley

Date: June 18, 2018 19:54

Yes Mick is probably looking stronger than ever, the perfect weight & build for strength and mobility.

I got to take my hat off to him, i can't think of anyone else that age who can move like that without getting out of breath.
It's just how well and fast he moves in different directions that blows me away, can't get my head around it, where are the walking sticks winking smiley

Obviously he is so lucky not to suffer any form of arthritis, that helps a lot.

Ronnie too has good arms, they look young for his age, he must do a lot more working out than he lets on for that kind of definition in his arms, ( plenty of bench press ups ? ) he also has great mobility, these guys were built to last, Charlie and Keith too.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 18, 2018 20:06

The bar has been raised to a new level of worship when a massive mistake is praised and deemed enjoyable.

Date: June 18, 2018 20:09

EddieByword
I reckon the next live Stones album should be called "Forget about that bit"...........grinning smiley

Haha yeah, but that second attempt, the confident way Keith strode out to the catwalk and strung those opening chords for all they were worth, sounding better than ever before just put shivers down my spine.
I was pleased it happened at the time because Keith always tries to make up for his mistakes by playing better and harder, its his way of saying sorry i @#$%& up.

One thing to say about the album, it's obvious he and Mick haven't had some big fall out so it's probably more likely to be writers block of some kind on Micks part.
They'll finish it when he's good and ready, it's not like Mick not to want to see a return on his investment winking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 18, 2018 21:55

Hairball
The bar has been raised to a new level of worship when a massive mistake is praised and deemed enjoyable.

agree completely

only the bar of the-5-pages-on-a-bum-note-bar can compete

Date: June 18, 2018 22:06

Bliss has no limit.
So cute...

maumau
Hairball

agree completely

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 18, 2018 22:15

now it's on twitter

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 18, 2018 22:53

slewan
now it's on twitter

...What is?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 18, 2018 23:10

powerage78
Bliss has no limit.
So cute...

maumau
Hairball

agree completely

actually I find those messees cringeworthy but I very easily understand the feelings of those who were in the pit, cant blame them for the bliss (exspecialy for tha JJF)

find it harder to understand the bliss of wake up to a bum note and indulge on analyze on that for a long time, but I am not so full of myself as to find it cute.

to each his own bliss though

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 19, 2018 00:14

Mick's fitness secret has a name, he is Norwegian and his name is Torje Eike. He is the personal physioterapist of Mick, always on all tours. I think there is a video where you can see him assisting Mick doing some core training in a training room. It helps a lot when you first of all do have a physioterapist (I have several not full time but booked now and then) and secondly do exactly what the physioterapist say (I never do what they say, because there is always another show or travel or work or biking or whatever). It helps to have time.

Bjornulf

Date: June 19, 2018 01:03

Great tip BV, found a good interview about Mick's trainer Torje Eike.
He's definitely working wonders on Mick.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-19 10:47 by keithsman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home