Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 33
Re: Prague Czech Republic travel and show info
Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 4, 2018 11:54

Just got mine SHATTERED it is.....9am CET Time Monday

Date: March 4, 2018 12:01

Don't see anything for Ticketpro.cz.....as of yet....

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: March 4, 2018 12:08

The primary seller as communicated is rollingstones.cz. My guess is that Ticketpro.cz will be used as an alternative site for general sale, the way Ticketmaster worked for shows sold via AXS.

Anyway, it might be a bit more complicated - I can see a scenario where rollingstones.cz is just a gateway which drives traffic to ticketpro.cz.
FYI - ticketpro.cz is the company Serge Grimaux owned before selling it to Ticketmaster. And they have the infrastructure to handle the traffic... Will see tmrw.

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 12:08 by ferda.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 4, 2018 12:08

You can get the tickets with the code in the presale from this page: [www.rollingstones.cz]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 4, 2018 12:17

Shattered it is.
Hope they dont play the song though, dont like it.
Jeroen

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 4, 2018 12:19

Shidoobee!

Just perfect, I've got a meeting at work at the same time the presale starts.

Tip: have credit card info handy, and sit at the end of the table.

Doing this I was able to buy the Vienna ticket in 2014 and no one in the meeting noticed.

Like a boss!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 12:22 by Topi.

Date: March 4, 2018 12:41

Also have not heard anything about a pre presale from 02...Keep ya posted

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: March 4, 2018 13:02

ferda
The primary seller as communicated is rollingstones.cz. My guess is that Ticketpro.cz will be used as an alternative site for general sale, the way Ticketmaster worked for shows sold via AXS.

Anyway, it might be a bit more complicated - I can see a scenario where rollingstones.cz is just a gateway which drives traffic to ticketpro.cz.
FYI - ticketpro.cz is the company Serge Grimaux owned before selling it to Ticketmaster. And they have the infrastructure to handle the traffic... Will see tmrw.

Good luck!

Well I would politely disagree with the idea that they have the infrastructure to handle the traffic. They can't handle tickets for 20k people at o2 for a gig happening in like 18 months, so I really doubt it is going to be smooth experience if it is indeed done all through them. I hope not.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 4, 2018 13:09

The code I got is also SHATTERED.
So it's the same for all. Like ANGIE was for Warsaw.

Date: March 4, 2018 13:18

laughinearlydied
ferda

Good luck!

Well I would politely disagree with the idea that they have the infrastructure to handle the traffic. They can't handle tickets for 20k people at o2 for a gig happening in like 18 months, so I really doubt it is going to be smooth experience if it is indeed done all through them. I hope not.

I see your point and agree the past experience with ticketpro.cz is far from ideal. However, they have at least some experience with such things and coped with high profile events and high traffic in the past, versus new, potentially untested provider.

Related point - having a single code makes complexity of the IT solution much simpler as the servers don't have to handle multiple code verifications. This was the key reason of terrible queue management for Metallica presale (>5hrs). Will see tmrw ;-)

Date: March 4, 2018 13:30

Is there any chance to get cheaper ticket to FoS? As I wrote in other thread, this year the difference between GA and FoS is unfortunately huge - 2,3 times eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 13:30 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: March 4, 2018 13:47

jumpingjackflash5
Is there any chance to get cheaper ticket to FoS? As I wrote in other thread, this year the difference between GA and FoS is unfortunately huge - 2,3 times eye popping smiley

So this translates to a price of FoS tickets in Prague to EUR 200-250?
Any other new infos or estimations of possible ticket prices in Prague out there?

Date: March 4, 2018 13:53

It seems that FoS ticket Prague will cost 4590 CZK, which is approx. 185 EUR sad smiley

MGetzner
jumpingjackflash5

Any other new infos or estimations of possible ticket prices in Prague out there?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 13:55 by jumpingjackflash5.

Date: March 4, 2018 14:04

ferda
laughinearlydied
ferda

Good luck!

I see your point and agree the past experience with ticketpro.cz is far from ideal. However, they have at least some experience with such things and coped with high profile events and high traffic in the past, versus new, potentially untested provider.

Related point - having a single code makes complexity of the IT solution much simpler as the servers don't have to handle multiple code verifications. This was the key reason of terrible queue management for Metallica presale (>5hrs). Will see tmrw ;-)

exactly as you say.

but there will be multiple codes, there is some promo for people with tickets to some Harley davidson concert/anniversary celebration, the o2 thingy and the stones codes.

well lets hope they are at their best tomorrow, good luck to all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 14:07 by laughinearlydied.

Date: March 4, 2018 14:06

MGetzner
jumpingjackflash5

the prices are known:

pit: 9,990
FOS: 4,590
seats: 4,990
GA: 1990

in CZK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 14:07 by laughinearlydied.

Date: March 4, 2018 14:15

It is a wrong decision by the promoters. They'll get enough money from Prague especially because it's bigger then other venues. They're gonna harm fans that would buy FoS because they like the band and wanna have better experience. Either financially because they force them to pay more, or their experience if they decide to stay in GA.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: March 4, 2018 14:18

laughinearlydied
MGetzner
jumpingjackflash5

the prices are known:

in CZK

Thanks, prices sound reasonable for high-income Western Europe, for Eastern Europe with half the income again widely unaffordable...

Date: March 4, 2018 14:19

Yes, especially FoS is overpriced for Czech people sad smiley

Date: March 4, 2018 14:53

MGetzner
laughinearlydied
MGetzner
jumpingjackflash5

the prices are known:

in CZK

Thanks, prices sound reasonable for high-income Western Europe, for Eastern Europe with half the income again widely unaffordable...

affordable for some people living in prague, the rest of the republic - not so much. also there is another factor - this is announced very late, and a lot of people already bought expensive tickets for many other shows, so 10k for pit is a lot. and the fos is really expensive.

the percentage of people from Czech Republic will drop dramatically as you get closer to the stage.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 4, 2018 18:31

I registered 5 emails so I can share my general presale code with others hahaha. Well, better to be prepared. I figure with the pricing it should be an easy buy for FOS tickets. I'd like the pit but its hard to tape when Mick and Keith are behind me and I am staring at Charlie.

Date: March 4, 2018 18:33

Just a little update - the tickets will really be wristbands with chips and they will not be transferable. They will be tied to the name and there will be checks.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 4, 2018 18:45

laughinearlydied
Just a little update - the tickets will really be wristbands with chips and they will not be transferable. They will be tied to the name and there will be checks.

Are they going to be distributed by post?
Meaning extra cost or extra service cost?

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: March 4, 2018 18:54

it's stupid, I want to buy 2 tickets, but I don't know yet who's gonna go with me.

Date: March 4, 2018 18:58

Adams
laughinearlydied

Pick-up at the venue will not be possible. They are saying that distribution will be by post approximately a month before the show. They also said that there might be another way, but they are not clear about that, seems like they don't know yet.

Date: March 4, 2018 19:01

thorgal34
it's stupid, I want to buy 2 tickets, but I don't know yet who's gonna go with me.

They don't know how it's going to be dealt with yet. I wrote them about it, but no clear answers.

Date: March 4, 2018 19:08

laughinearlydied
thorgal34

They don't know how it's going to be dealt with yet. I wrote them about it, but no clear answers.

I don't see any benefits fo concert goers here.

Date: March 4, 2018 19:16

Adams
laughinearlydied
thorgal34

It's benefiting the promoter as they see and control all the cash flows on the premise. Plus they have all the data...

Date: March 4, 2018 19:24

ferda
Adams
laughinearlydied
thorgal34

It's benefiting the promoter as they see and control all the cash flows on the premise. Plus they have all the data...

Yes, of course it benefits the promotor.
It's not about the cash flow control though. That can be done with CC only policy. Like in big festivals.
People will have to load up wristbands with money and some of it they won't spend, that's a good benefit.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 4, 2018 19:38

laughinearlydied
Adams
laughinearlydied

Pick-up at the venue will not be possible. They are saying that distribution will be by post approximately a month before the show. They also said that there might be another way, but they are not clear about that, seems like they don't know yet.

I am afraid of delivery delaying as I am planning to go this show on my way back home from Russia WC touring.

Posted by: roybaitola ()
Date: March 4, 2018 20:14

Hi guys !! , please does anybody know if it would be possible to buy a ticket with a debit card issued to my account in England ? .I bought a Paris ticket with it last year but had a small problem at first .I spoke to my friend who works at the bank who says there shoulndnt be a problem . As I live in Brazil, of course I have a Brazilian credit card but it is notorious for being blocked when making an otherseas purchase so because I want a tribune seat Im a little worried .Also does anybody know what time the gates open ? , my flight only arrives at 16.30 , so I think straight to the gig , check in later at the hotel !!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 33

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home