Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 33
Re: Prague Czech Republic travel and show info
Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: March 1, 2018 15:12

I was at this venue last year for GNR. Venue is outside the city, but easy to get to by metro. As mentioned before, it will be crowded after the show. I was there Fourth of July and temps were 85-90 degrees. This venue may be cash only, it was for GNR. So make sure you have the local currency. I had VIP Gold Circle Early Entry, as did about 20 other people, so it was easy to get to the rail and in my spot in front of Axl. Not sure how Stones setup will work, as our group was led to the Pit area, no running, pushing, or shoving. I saw GNR 11 times, 9 in Europe, and thought this was one of the better shows sound wise.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 15:28

I was there to see the GNR too, also in the FOS and the soud was absolutely terrible. It is not the fault of the venue though, Axl/DC the previous year had very good sound there.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 1, 2018 19:43

glmmr_twn
I was at this venue last year for GNR. Venue is outside the city, but easy to get to by metro. As mentioned before, it will be crowded after the show. I was there Fourth of July and temps were 85-90 degrees. This venue may be cash only, it was for GNR. So make sure you have the local currency. I had VIP Gold Circle Early Entry, as did about 20 other people, so it was easy to get to the rail and in my spot in front of Axl. Not sure how Stones setup will work, as our group was led to the Pit area, no running, pushing, or shoving. I saw GNR 11 times, 9 in Europe, and thought this was one of the better shows sound wise.

what is security like getting in the door? metal detectors or no?

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: March 1, 2018 20:05

daspyknows

"Security" was a joke, and probably the worst compared to the other EU shows. A line was established and then 2 hours later security let people form another line. Don't think there were metal detectors, just throw away any open drinks.

When the gates opened, it was chaos. Made all the difference to have the Early Entry ticket. Those who had regular GA were climbing all over each other.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 1, 2018 20:12

Sounds like the pit or at least Golden Circle is the thing to do here.

Date: March 1, 2018 20:33

glmmr_twn
daspyknows

"Security" was a joke, and probably the worst compared to the other EU shows. A line was established and then 2 hours later security let people form another line. Don't think there were metal detectors, just throw away any open drinks.

When the gates opened, it was chaos. Made all the difference to have the Early Entry ticket. Those who had regular GA were climbing all over each other.

Thx. Just want to determine what recording gear I should bring for this.

Posted by: Torsten ()
Date: March 1, 2018 21:10

Could anybody tell me how much time it will take a.) form the central train station and b.) from the airport to the venue (by public transport)?

Thanks in advance
Torsten

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 1, 2018 21:25

Torsten

Could anybody tell me how much time it will take a.) form the central train station and b.) from the airport to the venue (by public transport)?

See the Public Transport - links in this post: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 2, 2018 14:00

Pre sale dates off by a month on Stones web site

Date: March 2, 2018 14:11

mikey C

Is there anything they can do right? It would be nice if they let us know the time. I forgot - it doesn't matter, the codes will be arriving the whole day anyway

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 2, 2018 14:13

mikey C

Cant see it listed being off a month.says ticket sale March 9.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 15:07 by corriecas.

Date: March 2, 2018 14:18

Mine say's Feb 5th and 9th of Feb

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 2, 2018 14:44

WHEN exactly is the Prague presale ? I hear tomorrow Saturday 3rd March, but I cannot see any evidence of that anywhere ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 2, 2018 14:47

Monday March 5th 9am

Date: March 2, 2018 14:48

paulywaul
WHEN exactly is the Prague presale ? I hear tomorrow Saturday 3rd March, but I cannot see any evidence of that anywhere ?

Where do you hear that? RS.com says "Fan pre-sale Mon 5th Feb" I thing we can guess it means 5th March

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 2, 2018 15:29

So Presale march 5, general sale March 9.
jeroen

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 2, 2018 16:04

corriecas
So Presale march 5, general sale March 9.
jeroen

Yup !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Stole ()
Date: March 2, 2018 19:31

Who is Promoter? I am at wheelchair i mast contact promoter. Pls help me

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain,
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Stole Flash,
It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 2, 2018 19:46

Stole

According to this website, this concert is being "presented by Concert West in collaboration with Serge Grimaux and Bestsport, a.s.". Perhaps you can contact them as soon as the presale is on.

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: March 2, 2018 20:32

It was the easiest place to get everything in.

I had my large 300mm lens in the back of my bag - the security guy (he seemed to be 15years old) just had a brief look in my bag and didn't even touch anything.

Possibly the Stones will imply there "everything's forbidden" rules as 2017, but I guess the Czech security is the more relaxed type.

Even with metal detectors I was able to sneak in my Canon M5 and 200mm lens a few times.

Date: March 2, 2018 20:36

Cristiano Radtke
Stole

According to this website, this concert is being "presented by Concert West in collaboration with Serge Grimaux and Bestsport, a.s.". Perhaps you can contact them as soon as the presale is on.

Yes, those promoters don't have their webb sites and I didn't find any contact. However, in one Czech article it was writen, that they got all information the Rolling Stones gig from Mr. Novak from Echo Promotion. Their webb site leads to Czech LiveNation. So while LiveNation is not listed on rollingstones.com, I think it is worth a try to e-mail them: info@livenation.cz.

On a pre-sale site for Ozzy Osborne gig, which will take place at the same site and which promotes LiveNation, it says: "Information for holders of ZTP/P passes (visitors with wheelchair): Do not buy regular tickets, they do not allow access to the platform for visitors with wheelchair.
Holders of ZTP/P passes (disabled visitors) and visitors with wheelchair please send email to info@livenation.cz to obrain more information and/or buy tickets."

So trying to contact LiveNation is the best I can think of right now, if I get any more info, I will let you know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 21:51 by Happy24.

Date: March 2, 2018 20:51

majomuc
It was the easiest place to get everything in.

I had my large 300mm lens in the back of my bag - the security guy (he seemed to be 15years old) just had a brief look in my bag and didn't even touch anything.

Possibly the Stones will imply there "everything's forbidden" rules as 2017, but I guess the Czech security is the more relaxed type.

Even with metal detectors I was able to sneak in my Canon M5 and 200mm lens a few times.

Thanks, that should mean a nice recording to share since no need to compromise on my gear. I usually don't have issues with metal detectors even in difficult venues so this is good news.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: March 2, 2018 23:54

Just stumbled upon pricing and other ticket related info - copy from official FB site below (all caps comes from FB, just added EUR pricing -
[www.facebook.com] :-)

Key points:
- pricing structure is much simpler than rest of EU 2018 shows
- tickets are cheaper than Warsaw
- it will be CASHLESS event with RFID chips - not a surprise, given Serge Grimaux owns an RFID event cashless company, so this is a marketing for his solution. Typically, it's a big pain, so be ready & expect long queues for everything
- capacity: Front of stage for 15 000 fans, reserved seats for 21 000 viewers and capacity of the venue - 85 000 fans (taken from another post on the FB page)

Cheers!

TICKET PRICES (Inclusive of VAT):

NO FILTER STAGE PIT: 9,990 K? (~400EUR)
FRONT OF STAGE: 4,590 K? (~180EUR)
TRIBUNES RESERVED SEATS: 4,990 K? (~200EUR)
GENERAL ADMISSION: 1,990 K? (~80 EUR)

THIS CONCERT WILL BE PRESENTED IN A COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT LIKE NEVER BEFORE. EVERY PATRON WILL BE WEARING A RFID WRISTBAND ALLOWING THEM TO ACCESS THE EVENT SITE, TO ACQUIRE AND PAY FOR FOOD & BEVERAGES AND OTHER PRODUCTS OFFERED AT THE EVENT SITE, AND TO INTERACT WITH MEMBERS OF THAT UNIQUE COMMUNITY. MORE THEN A CONCERT WILL BE ATTENDING, IT WILL BE AN EVENT TO WHICH YOU WILL BE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE.

APPROXIMATELY ONE MONTH PRIOR TO THE CONCERT YOU WILL RECEIVE THE APPROPRIATE RFID WRISTBAND CORRESPONDING TO THE TYPE OF TICKET YOU HAVE BOUGHT. YOU WILL NEED TO WEAR A RFID WRISTBAND ON YOUR RIGHT WRIST TO ENTER THE EVENT SITE.

IT IS FORBIDDEN TO TRANSFERT A RFID WRISTBAND TO SOMEONE ELSE - TRANSFERRING A RFID WRISTBAND WILL MAKE IT INVALID.

MORE INFORMATION ON ALL THIS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO YOU PRIOR TO THE EVENT BY VISITING WWW.ROLLINGSTONES.CZ AS WELL AS WHEN YOU WILL BE RECEIVING YOUR WRISTBANDS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 23:58 by ferda.

Date: March 3, 2018 00:03

Stole

Hi Stole, the official event e-mail is info@rollingstones.cz
More info on official FB page [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: March 3, 2018 04:16

I hope they really know what they are doing, because if there are some big technical problems with the wristbands or the readers, it is going to be brutal.

I remember when they did this cashless system last year to pay for stuff it was .. lets say not that convenient.

Date: March 3, 2018 04:41

laughinearlydied
I hope they really know what they are doing, because if there are some big technical problems with the wristbands or the readers, it is going to be brutal.

I remember when they did this cashless system last year to pay for stuff it was .. lets say not that convenient.

They do it for lots of festivals in the US. If they are using the same technology it should be fine but only time will tell. Personally all I really car about is getting into the show. Once inside I don't plan on linking my credit card and spending money.

Date: March 3, 2018 08:14

Stole

This is official: all questions address to: info@rollingstones.cz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 08:53 by Happy24.

Date: March 3, 2018 08:20

ferda
Just stumbled upon pricing and other ticket related info - copy from official FB site below (all caps comes from FB, just added EUR pricing -

Key points:
- it will be CASHLESS event with RFID chips - not a surprise, given Serge Grimaux owns an RFID event cashless company, so this is a marketing for his solution. Typically, it's a big pain, so be ready & expect long queues for everything
- capacity: Front of stage for 15 000 fans, reserved seats for 21 000 viewers and capacity of the venue - 85 000 fans (taken from another post on the FB page)

Cheers!

THIS CONCERT WILL BE PRESENTED IN A COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT LIKE NEVER BEFORE. EVERY PATRON WILL BE WEARING A RFID WRISTBAND ALLOWING THEM TO ACCESS THE EVENT SITE, TO ACQUIRE AND PAY FOR FOOD & BEVERAGES AND OTHER PRODUCTS OFFERED AT THE EVENT SITE, AND TO INTERACT WITH MEMBERS OF THAT UNIQUE COMMUNITY. MORE THEN A CONCERT WILL BE ATTENDING, IT WILL BE AN EVENT TO WHICH YOU WILL BE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE.

APPROXIMATELY ONE MONTH PRIOR TO THE CONCERT YOU WILL RECEIVE THE APPROPRIATE RFID WRISTBAND CORRESPONDING TO THE TYPE OF TICKET YOU HAVE BOUGHT. YOU WILL NEED TO WEAR A RFID WRISTBAND ON YOUR RIGHT WRIST TO ENTER THE EVENT SITE.

IT IS FORBIDDEN TO TRANSFERT A RFID WRISTBAND TO SOMEONE ELSE - TRANSFERRING A RFID WRISTBAND WILL MAKE IT INVALID.

MORE INFORMATION ON ALL THIS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO YOU PRIOR TO THE EVENT BY VISITING WWW.ROLLINGSTONES.CZ AS WELL AS WHEN YOU WILL BE RECEIVING YOUR WRISTBANDS.

Doesn't look good at all. Pit about 60% more expensive than what I paid last year for Stockholm and evan more than what I piad for Amsterdam! Unbelievable. And those wristbands - it will be a disaster. I remember they had a cashless system at AC/DC gig there 2 years ago and it was a total disaster and that was only inside the venue, for getting in there were regular tickets.

On the other hand I strongly hope this might help to avoid scalping. In that case it would be great, even if it causes some inconvinience, hopefully not too big. But those prices...

Date: March 3, 2018 08:52

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 08:52 by Happy24.

Date: March 3, 2018 09:04

Happy24
ferda

Key points:

Cheers!

Doesn't look good at all. Pit about 60% more expensive than what I paid last year for Stockholm and evan more than what I piad for Amsterdam! Unbelievable. And those wristbands - it will be a disaster. I remember they had a cashless system at AC/DC gig there 2 years ago and it was a total disaster and that was only inside the venue, for getting in there were regular tickets.

On the other hand I strongly hope this might help to avoid scalping. In that case it would be great, even if it causes some inconvinience, hopefully not too big. But those prices...

Stockholm pit was 2640sek, which is around 260 EUR. Anyway, I see your point re pricing. On the other hand, it's cheaper than PL and DE, which pricing CZ follows these days - e.g. Metallica. And Warsaw is the first complete sell-out afaik despite insane pricing so I was afraid Prague will follow suit...
Wristbands are annoying for sure. They can help with scalping, but depends how they are set-up. The key reason for rfid is to control cash flow at the event, so you need to register tickets some time after purchase in which case scalpers are safe :-/
Last but not least, they will use an untested system for ticket sale on a newly established site, this could be a pain too. Will see...

Anyone received presale info / codes?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 33

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home