Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29
Re: Marseille France travel and show info
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 31, 2018 17:47

Massimo68
jackflash27
Massimo68
Wow, again and again No Filter Pit tickets available.
This is the new map for Marseille No Filter Pit zones.

(early April fool's joke...or maybe not)

This is clearly photoshopped. Zoom in and you’ll see the original angeled line brushed away. New lines are not 100% straight also...

Come on guys, of course it's photoshopped, watch that I wrote in the original post and now bold and red.

It's a joke.
But...where in Europe are you able to buy at this time 4 No Filter Pit tickets for ""only"" 288 euros each one ?

(just tried few minutes ago on Fnac.com : 4 Pit A tickets in my pocket if I want to buy them).
They are appearing every 2 or 3 days on Fnac or Orange Velodrome.
Promoter GDP is selling them easily so he is putting a new batch when the former one is sold out.

The map is a joke. But if GDP is going to play this game many times again, the map 'll be not far from reality.

Wasn't sure about the joke, therefore the serious reaction winking smiley I don't think they can change the space of the different areas now. Imagine the theoretical situation that only 10% of pelouse or is sold. Do you think they can stop the sales for pelouse or and fill it up with pit (and enlarge the pit towards the pelouse or area)? Don't think that is possible. You buy from a map and know what you're paying for. Interesting question though.

About the availability of the PIT tickets: I watched it closely the last couple of days, and PIT became available Friday afternoon (not before). Since this morning PIT B is close to be sold out. This morning there were 5 tickets available and now only 1 ticket is available. Seems not many people know this, or there is not so much interest in it. I'm not sure if there will be other batches after A en B are gone in a couple of days... Possibly no new batches after that, we'll see

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: March 31, 2018 22:59

I'm little bit worried because the price of Pit is the same of Carre or and usually is not...Pit is always more expensive. Moreover on the ticket is written CARRE OR...I'm afraid that once there they told me thaht i have to go in Carre or area

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 1, 2018 00:59

hilary
I'm little bit worried because the price of Pit is the same of Carre or and usually is not...Pit is always more expensive. Moreover on the ticket is written CARRE OR...I'm afraid that once there they told me thaht i have to go in Carre or area

Don't worry if you bought pit then that's what it will be.
Last year in Paris Carre Or seating was more expensive than pit.
You will be fine.
Enjoy the show.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-01 00:59 by Nate.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 1, 2018 01:02

PIT zones A and B much larger in Marseille. That's why tickets are still available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-01 12:41 by latvianinexile.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: April 1, 2018 10:19

Pit available now

[www.fnacspectacles.com]

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: April 1, 2018 11:52

thank you Nate

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2018 14:13

Looks like PITs are gone now and I'm guessing/hoping all the fans who really wanted one got one thanks to the "IORR Watch" ! I somehow doubt they'll show up again at face now...or maybe in the last week. We shall see !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 2, 2018 03:34

Pit available again (lots!) on fnacspectacles

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 2, 2018 07:33

Talk about an Easter Egg!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 2, 2018 21:47

It may already have come up, but are people aware of the national train strikes scheduled throughout the summer, including weds 27th June?

[help.loco2.com]

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 2, 2018 23:49

I was going to post this link too.

I'm flying to Marseille from London for the Stones, and then flying to Barcelona for GNR. I don't want to take any chances with the train situation.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: April 3, 2018 19:42

jackflash27
Stone601
latvianinexile
Maura94
I don't understand it either. Thanks to all you people posting updates I just got one. So sneaky, all of it!

The email confirmation says Carre Or but I know I picked Put A.

How long dies it take to get E-Ticket?

The E-Ticket is in your booking. You can print it straight away.

I took two Pit B but on confirmation email is written Carre Or, I just wrote to Fnac to ask for confirmation on the PIT ....I chose the sending of tickets at home...... any suggestions?

Don’t worry, I had the same concerns, you Will get the PIT ticket. Read through this topic for more info on this

I've just received email from FNAC and they confirm that the tickets are PIT B >grinning smiley<

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 3, 2018 20:00

RE Strikes:

The 26th is not a train strike day, the 27th is.

My belief is that by then, the gov't and the lazy strikers will have worked out a deal. The strikers don't have deep pockets and this 2 days striking/3 days working will ruin them. On the off chance that the strike is still on at the end of May, your at least sure to see the show, and for any trip back on the 27th or 28th, just hop on a train without paying; there will be less trains but there's zero chance a "controlleur" will pass through to check for tickets! grinning smiley

Date: April 3, 2018 20:04

Already have PIT A, but wanted to be at Keith side this time, so bought also a PIT B. So one PIT A for sale. It's yours for 280 including shipment.

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: April 3, 2018 21:53

Date: April 3, 2018 22:22

justeillusion
pit B [www.ticketmaster.fr]#

Interesting to see that when you choose the selection from the map, the PIT area is rectangular, not the bigger area with the hypotenuse (love this word by the way) as is shown on the fnacspectacles.fr site. So which one is the correct one?

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: April 4, 2018 14:59

New batch.
Pit A and Pit B :
[www.fnacspectacles.com]

[orangevelodrome.francebillet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-04 15:00 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: April 4, 2018 15:55

Hope they won't turn half of the stadium into Pit area...
Remember how the shape of the pit last year transformed from something inside the stage to something outside the stage...eye popping smiley

Strange how such a lot pit tickets appear as it was nearly impossible to get some for last year Paris shows at face...

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 4, 2018 16:02

Does anybody here live in Marseille ?
I am looking for one of these concert posters that were displayed in the city's bus stops
Merci :-)

Date: April 4, 2018 16:21

Massimo68
New batch.
Pit A and Pit B :
[www.fnacspectacles.com]

[orangevelodrome.francebillet.com]

No new batch... Pit is available non stop since April 2, and since today or yesterday also on ticketmaster.fr (only pit b there). It just seems demand for PIT is not that big as expected (and as last year), although PIT area for Marseille is bigger than other venues. The selling of PIT is very slow. I know this, because I watched it closely. For the PIT batch that was available end of march, it took a long time to sell out the last 5 or 6 tickets (more than 1 day).

Date: April 4, 2018 16:25

Stoneswolf
Remember how the shape of the pit last year transformed from something inside the stage to something outside the stage...eye popping smiley

In what venue was the PIT outside the stage?

Date: April 4, 2018 18:01

jackflash27
Stoneswolf

I mean like for the tongue pit stage the pit was part of the stage, afterwards it wasn'tt anymore. Just an area next to the stage.

Date: April 4, 2018 18:21

Stoneswolf
jackflash27
Stoneswolf

I mean like for the tongue pit stage the pit was part of the stage, afterwards it wasn'tt anymore. Just an area next to the stage.

Oh yes, that was in 2012 or so. From 2014 on, we always had the PIT area as it is now. Those were the days... But wasn't it more expensive then (and wasn't the area smaller?

Date: April 4, 2018 18:53

Smaller but similar price. What I am worrying: when ticket sales started in 2017 the pit had one small rectangular shape so it reminded of the tongueshape. Later, it changed to two separated pit areas. Wouldn't wonder if so more pit places became available as so many pit tickets become available later (after overpriced pits for the first shape were sold).

As so many pits are available for Marseille now, I.am afraid that they are blowing up the pit area.

Date: April 4, 2018 21:10

Stoneswolf
Smaller but similar price. What I am worrying: when ticket sales started in 2017 the pit had one small rectangular shape so it reminded of the tongueshape. Later, it changed to two separated pit areas. Wouldn't wonder if so more pit places became available as so many pit tickets become available later (after overpriced pits for the first shape were sold).

As so many pits are available for Marseille now, I.am afraid that they are blowing up the pit area.

Blowing up the PIT area or just put more people in the available space...
I think the first, but not bigger than shown on the map. Think they just can't do that. If you expand the pit area, this would be a huge disadvantage for the 'Gold cirlce' audience, because they will be further away from the stage as originally planned. Don't think that is allowed (you buy a ticket based on a map, they can't change the rules afterwards I would think).

On the other hand, as I said before, the sales for PIT tickets is not what it used to be. It's just selling really slow. They are not selling hundreds of PIT's per day right now, more like 10. And in that scenario, it could take a while to get rid of 1500 / 2000 PIT tickets.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 4, 2018 21:22

Oh trust me, they can change the rules after the fact. Just remember Hyde Park and the fiasco with the different "Tiers" and maps...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 4, 2018 23:14

FrogSugar
RE Strikes:

The 26th is not a train strike day, the 27th is.

My belief is that by then, the gov't and the lazy strikers will have worked out a deal. The strikers don't have deep pockets and this 2 days striking/3 days working will ruin them.

It's the opposite, Einstein! grinning smiley
The "strike for 2 days then go back to work for 3" is a stroke of union guerilla genius as it will disorganize the whole 5 days. So you lose only 2 days of pay and you mess up the company's functioning for the whole week. thumbs up

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: April 4, 2018 23:46

Im pretty sure the size of the pit is the same as everywhere and will hold a total of 1000 people. Marseille is great value for money if you want a pit ticket!

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: April 5, 2018 09:29

Some pit B on tm.fr
[www.ticketmaster.fr]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 5, 2018 10:57

Hendrik
Im pretty sure the size of the pit is the same as everywhere and will hold a total of 1000 people. Marseille is great value for money if you want a pit ticket!

Hendrik Mulder

I wish youy're rioght, but still, Marseille could have a different setup, just as Warsaw, where they created a Diamond Pit that doesent exist in any other setup.
The local promoters may have these kind of options in order to optimize their investment. It my explain the chepaer prices in Marseille...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home