Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 8, 2018 05:17

MisterDDDD
straycatuk
A lot of real long term fans have been priced out this time. We thought prices would be about the same as last year, maybe a little more like £150 for Gold Circle , but no they have decided to gouge us this time.
SC UK

Definitely empathize with this sentiment expressed by several.

I feel a bit guilty by being somewhat pleasantly surprised with the prices for my first UK tour. Last concert I attended in Vegas I believe every floor seat was $450 on up- and pit was $750. I got in w a Lucky Dip ($50). It really is supply and demand along with cutting out the resellers though.. £249 to be on the floor, just behind the pit (an option I've not encountered before) seems like a bargain to me. Add the £30 LD's to the mix, and it makes several shows reasonable.

I don't think there was a PIT at *Vegas - it was just traditional floor seating with separate sections - no barrier that I recall. Also, I'm pretty sure ALL floor seats (and most lower loge) were initially priced at $750 + fees taking them up to apprx. $800 or more. There was also at least one price drop - for some of the overpriced tix in the lower loge sections nearest to the stage as well as some of the mid-upper sections. Whatever the case, I remember being shocked at the prices when they went on sale, and held out eventually getting get tix for a fraction of the price the day of the show via stubhub. Don't know how many lucky dips there were for the *Vegas show, but not many as they were gone within a minute. Straycatuk has made a valid point of why fans are being priced out in the UK and Europe, and it's a shame that the Stones don't seem to care - it's all about the money.

EDIT: Tried to find some exact pricing for the *Vegas show, and ended up reading the show thread.
Interesting post dated the day before the show, Oct.21, 2016:

FirstTimeSeattle81
Repost from LV cxl'd thread:
This is going to be the weirdest Stones show ever. First one sold out for months, cxl'd. And contrary to what AXS reps are saying, I'm able to pull MULTIPLE blocks of the max (eight) seats off the AXS.com seating chart. This plus the added inventory from the scalper's market. Not taking pleasure in pointing this out, but $810 for a lower bowl or floor seat is not going to sell after the fan base filled the demand but couldn't stay for three days later. I'm going to my damnedest to move from my $172.50 sec. 211 seat and get down and use that unsold overpriced property to its fullest.

And this from the day of show:

Hairball
DeanGoodman
mosthigh
$750 floor tix now going for $300 on Stubhub

Same as a weekend pit pass at Desert Trip!

Currently down to $266, and dropping by the minute...

And that's when I made my move!

EDIT 2: Sill no luck on finding exact pricing categories, but found this quote which echoes what many thought:

RaiseTheKnife

Mick is clearly saving his voice, either he hasn't fully recovered or else this might be permanent.

IMO, JJF doesn't sound right sung this way, and I would be very disappointed if I payed to see this.

Micks singing definitely seemed to be lacking - it was almost as if he was talking/singing throughout some of the songs or not really singing at all leaving it to the backup singers to fill the void. And so it was, an overpriced show with a sick Mick and a shortened setlist. Might have been best if they had also cancelled this show to give Mick more rest rather than risking ruining his voice forever. But miraculously, he was singing again just a few days later for the private show in a tent at Gillette Stadium and taking home millions of more dollars.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 06:43 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 8, 2018 06:02

straycatuk
The plan was a lot of shows in Gold circle. It gets expensive when buying 2 or sometimes 4 per show. £249 for GC is not out of the way, but it all adds up and different people's budgets have to be taken into account. Maybe we are trying to do too much. One or Two shows a year and $1000 seats have been the norm , most recently in Vegas, but these are massive stadium gigs.Last year was perfect.

Sorry for bringing up prices and I know there's another thread for it, but ticket availability and pricing are 2 sides of the same coin.

sc uk
Don't be sc.
It's a real issue when you're buying for several- or at times even one.
I also wish for last years price levels as they sound like my current GC tix would = pit. Glad to hear the Vegas gig didn't leave as bad a mark on you as some.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: March 8, 2018 14:31

belld
Tens of thousands tix left for UK gigs. Secondary agencies will suffer hopefully.
Also raises question. Have they over estimated numbers of people interested in attending at current prices?
Looks like only around 40% of tickets sold for majority of venues. It is easy to get enthusiastic on this site however is the reality that the level of interest in the UK is marginal.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 14:48

belld
belld
Tens of thousands tix left for UK gigs. Secondary agencies will suffer hopefully.
Also raises question. Have they over estimated numbers of people interested in attending at current prices?
Looks like only around 40% of tickets sold for majority of venues. It is easy to get enthusiastic on this site however is the reality that the level of interest in the UK is marginal.

Just a speculation, but maybe the other European promoters must somehow hold back the tickets for some time to help to sell the UK dates? No way are the German Pits sold out for instance - they look like extremely hot tickets, yet we all know how they didn't sell the last year and they put pretty much all Lucky Dips there. Can't imagine why would the situation be different this year. On the other hand, they are dropping Pits for the UK gigs like crazy. And the Warshaw sellout - I don't buy that. So again, just my speculation, nothing more, but I think it makes sense.

That being said, it is still 3-4 months, no reason to panic and I surely wouldn't call the interest in UK marginal. But the development is interesting for sure. Quite unpredictable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 14:50 by Happy24.

Date: March 8, 2018 15:17

Ronnie: – Can't believe we've been declared healthy enough to keep gigging

STONES COLD SOBER

Ronnie Wood admits he and ­Rolling Stones ­bandmates can’t believe they’ve been declared healthy enough to keep gigging.

The wrinkly rockers will kick off their latest European tour with a concert in Dublin’s Croke Park on May 17

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 8, 2018 15:24

The ticket-sales business has become an intentionally moving target.
HUGE money industry that capitalizes and preys on human emotions.
It's NOTHING like the "old days".
Algorithms and complex strategies at play each and every HOUR of the on-sale process right up until showtime.

The "promoters" aren't business MEN anymore, they are business COMPUTERS.

Don't get worked up about ticket sales and sold-out claims or under-sold claims.
If you want to see a show, GO.
Enjoy it.

@#$%& the business aspect of it because it will only drive you to the brink of insanity.

The Rolling Stones will rock and get paid.
Don't worry about them.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 8, 2018 15:42

Kurt
Algorithms and complex strategies at play each and every HOUR of the on-sale process right up until showtime.

Don't get worked up about ticket sales and sold-out claims or under-sold claims.
Enjoy it.

@#$%& the business aspect of it because it will only drive you to the brink of insanity.

Don't worry about them.

The Rolling Stones are not only a tradmark, but a buisness company themselves…

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 8, 2018 16:35

slewan
Kurt

Enjoy it.

Don't worry about them.

The Rolling Stones are not only a tradmark, but a buisness company themselves…

An institution is what I recently called the RS (helpful wording for license approval)
Good writing Kurt, it’s all A.I. and how about those Algorithms.
I was slightly nervous reading Ronnie’s review about ‘can’t believe the M.D.’s waived us all through’ as I’ve already purchased my plane tickets,
but you know what?
This could be the last time. Maybe the last time. Oh no.
And who can’t believe Warsaw’s sold out?
Kidding right?
And there hasn’t been very much marketing. And certainly the public (and here, dare I say) think the Stones will be around forever. And they say they’re not stopping.... but do you really think there will be ANOTHER tour?
Maybe Australia for Rockman, but other than that, I say no. Sorry.
Get it on while you can folks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 16:38 by 35love.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 8, 2018 17:16

"Looks like only around 40% of tickets sold for majority of venues. It is easy to get enthusiastic on this site however is the reality that the level of interest in the UK is marginal".

Belld, do you really think a percentage like 40% of the tickets shows "marginal interest" in the UK, TEN WEEKS before the first gig of the tour, given that many people who have realize the "modern" tactics as for selling tickets, are probably waiting for lower prices? I 'm not sure about the accuracy of your conclusion...

Date: March 8, 2018 18:25

laertisflash
"Looks like only around 40% of tickets sold for majority of venues. It is easy to get enthusiastic on this site however is the reality that the level of interest in the UK is marginal".

Belld, do you really think a percentage like 40% of the tickets shows "marginal interest" in the UK, TEN WEEKS before the first gig of the tour, given that many people who have realize the "modern" tactics as for selling tickets, are probably waiting for lower prices? I 'm not sure about the accuracy of your conclusion...
Yes I do. 40% will be a disaster as the stadiums will not be filled with more than 70% for sure.

However I don't believe anything about this 40%. I think they are selling pretty good and are at 70% now. Not that i have knowledge.. only that the people in the stones camp are very smart and experienced with price elasticity.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 18:41

Somehow I am sure the venues will all be full, or nearly so...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 8, 2018 19:43

belld
belld

Hmmm...too many gigs within a small territory and in a relatively short time span. Add in the overpriced tickets, and it seems the Stones/promoters might have overstepped some boundaries.
Still early though with plenty of time to sell more tickets, but many will wait patiently for price drops and/or buying at a discount on the secondary markets as the shows get closer.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 19:52

Hairball
belld
belld

Hmmm...too many gigs within a small territory and in a relatively short time span. Add in the overpriced tickets, and it seems the Stones/promoters might have overstepped some boundaries.
Still early though with plenty of time to sell more tickets, but many will wait patiently for price drops and/or buying at a discount on the secondary markets as the shows get closer.

What makes me wonder is that you can even buy "cheap" tickets for about 100 Pounds at nearly every UK concert. Here in Germany we will have the 5th gig in 10 months and the only tickets available are bad seats for 180€ (Berlin) and 240€ (Stuttgart). But these are seats in the back of the stadium. In the UK you can even buy good seats for less money. Even GA isn't sold out at all (in Germany they were sold on the first day). I think the German shows would be a sell out if these tickets would cost a little less. Many friends of mine have interested in seeing them. But 120€ is the most they would like to spend. So I am happy to go to the concerts with 12 friends although it is GA...beer stand concert...

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 8, 2018 20:13

Yes but by the time May comes it will have been very nearly 5 years since they played Glastonbury and the 2 Hyde Parks. Also Glastonbury was already sold out before the Stones were even announced. Plenty of pent up demand here means they can sell out 8 stadium gigs.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 20:25

exhpart
Yes but by the time May comes it will have been very nearly 5 years since they played Glastonbury and the 2 Hyde Parks. Also Glastonbury was already sold out before the Stones were even announced. Plenty of pent up demand here means they can sell out 8 stadium gigs.

But why isn't GA for 90 Pounds sold out at any show?

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 20:41

hockenheim95
exhpart

The English people aren't that 'eager' to see the Stones as everyone thought they would be? Markets as Germany, Netherlands, France, and even Poland do much better. All UK shows will sell out eventually, but obviously not as quick as we all expected.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: March 8, 2018 20:55

Does anyone know when you can count on the tickets for the UK shows at the earliest?

At the last autumn tour you got the tickets within 2 weeks of order.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 8, 2018 20:56

jackflash27
hockenheim95
exhpart

The English people aren't that 'eager' to see the Stones as everyone thought they would be? Markets as Germany, Netherlands, France, and even Poland do much better. All UK shows will sell out eventually, but obviously not as quick as we all expected.

Maybe the English people are less romantic and a bit more realistic than the rest, knowing what to expect: More or less the same show as last time(s), more or less the same songs, probably slowed down a bit due to age of the performers and a tad wrinklier looks than last time, while realizing that there are cheaper ways to meet old friends and party... Just guessing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 20:58 by retired_dog.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 8, 2018 21:12

thomas guitar
Does anyone know when you can count on the tickets for the UK shows at the earliest?

Don't know about hard copy tix, but they say electronic will be sent no later than three days before the show. Hope it's a lot sooner than that.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 8, 2018 21:15

jackflash27
hockenheim95
exhpart

way too many shows in UK…

population is
UK 65,64 Mio
Germany 82,64 Mio
Netherlands 17 Mio
France 66,9 Mio
Poland 38 Mio

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 8, 2018 21:23

I think they will all sell and I also think they will confirm the 2nd Manchester date. If its slow the first one to go will be the rumoured Midlands show

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 8, 2018 21:38

"Hat Deutschland keine Lust mehr auf die Rolling Stones?" www.vip.de

Posted by: Bushfire ()
Date: March 8, 2018 22:12

I have to give credit to the German Eventim. After ordering 3 tickets for Stuttgart I had the tickets in my hand delivered by UPS only 2 days later. That is what I call service. I live in Finland and looking forward to see show # 91. Follow that example, AXS UK!

thomas guitar

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2018 22:15

Monsoon Ragoon

Half-cooked News by RTL - nevertheless here a translation:

Is Germany tired of the Rolling Stones?

Still Tickets available

In June, the Rolling Stones ('Havana Moon') return to Germany for two concerts in the extension of their 'No Filter'-Tour. Having made Hamburg, Munich and Düsseldorf happy last year, they are now celebrating their honor in Berlin (22.06.) and Stuttgart (30.06.). But while in 2017 the three concerts were sold out within four days, there are still many Tickets available one week after the pre-sale launch. Have the Rock-grandpas lost their attraction?

That would be presumptuous to say. For many fans, the Tickets for Mick Jagger & Co. are simply too expensive. Even the cheapest Tickets for Stuttgart and Berlin were at 148 and 112 Euro, respectively. These categories are of course long gone. For comparison: Last year there were Tickets after all starting at 60 Euro. If you still want to buy Tickets now, you have to pay between 181 Euro (seat grandstand) and 499 Euro (seat interior) for Stuttgart. In Berlin, Seat-Tickets for the grandstand between 181 and 239 Euro are still available.

At these prices, it is understandable that the average fan may prefer to watch a DVD of a Stones Live-Concert for a fraction of the price in their home living room.
- [www.VIP.de]

They forgot to mention that in 2018 Lucky-Dip-Tickets are available again (starting at 66 Euro) and Stuttgart starts at 79 Euro - [iorr.org] .
And I'm missing some complaints about the NoFilter-Pit prices (799 Euro) .... winking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 8, 2018 22:24

Monsoon Ragoon

People wait until the price drops closer to concert time.
Why pay full price now instead of paying 1/2 price in June?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 8, 2018 22:30

At least the promotors in Germany don't lie this time that the concerts are sold out within three or four days. (That was nonsense, but the shows were really sold out by showtime.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 22:31 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 8, 2018 23:06

"Maybe the English people are less romantic and a bit more realistic than the rest, knowing what to expect: More or less the same show as last time(s), more or less the same songs, probably slowed down a bit due to age of the performers and a tad wrinklier looks than last time, while realizing that there are cheaper ways to meet old friends and party... Just guessing".

Retired Dog, I admire your analysis about the sociological and psychological differences between English people and others... But, maybe the real explanation is much simpler: The Stones scheduled many gigs in the UK, so the sales are slower there. I suppose that, if they were going to do 3 gigs in Poland, 8 in Germany and just 3 or 4 in the UK, English people would be more romantic, by far, according to your theory. r

BTW, I believe that after all these years, everyone knows what to expect from the Stones. And, judging from the fact that the band remains an extremely popular live act, I conclude that people do feel happy seeing and hearing what the Stones are offering. Just guessing too...

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 23:06

retired_dog
jackflash27
hockenheim95
exhpart

Maybe the English people are less romantic and a bit more realistic than the rest, knowing what to expect: More or less the same show as last time(s), more or less the same songs, probably slowed down a bit due to age of the performers and a tad wrinklier looks than last time, while realizing that there are cheaper ways to meet old friends and party... Just guessing.

The band has barely played here in the last 30 years (let alone 15) so that may be a factor... the general public is used to not seeing them, and I will admit that the prices may be off-putting to a lot of long-time fans that aren't necessarily 'die-hards'. I work with blokes in their late 40's who would like to see them but actually are choosing to go on holiday with their family rather than one show for £90-£250. The general public is not aware of lucky dips (when they were available!) and perhaps has got used to seeing a lesser band (e.g. Foo Fighters, Coldplay) for a lower cost. And perhaps the British economy isn't quite what we thought it was... There's lots of time for tickets to sell but I did expect more of a buzz locally about the Manchester show(s) {see previous posts!}.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 23:21

I would just like to again point out that the U.K. and England are not interchangeable terms.

England is getting 4 Shows, with only 1 outside its Capital.

Scotland and Wales (both in the U.K. but most certainly not England) 1 each. The stadia in both countries are very large with populations of 5.3 million and 3 million respectively so a lot of tickets to sell for small populations although very clearly tourist fans from outside will attend both shows, especially the Cardiff show which is very easy to get to from the South of England. Scotland and Wales haven’t had a show for 12 years.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 9, 2018 02:11

exhpart
I think they will all sell and I also think they will confirm the 2nd Manchester date. If its slow the first one to go will be the rumoured Midlands show

Coventry gig will probably go into the pre-sale around March 14, general sale March 16. This is what TM UK mailed me, in response to my enquiry earlier mentioned.
Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home