Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: March 9, 2018 11:09

corriecas
exhpart
I think they will all sell and I also think they will confirm the 2nd Manchester date. If its slow the first one to go will be the rumoured Midlands show

Coventry gig will probably go into the pre-sale around March 14, general sale March 16. This is what TM UK mailed me, in response to my enquiry earlier mentioned.
Jeroen

Fingers crossed !!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 9, 2018 11:10

corriecas
exhpart
I think they will all sell and I also think they will confirm the 2nd Manchester date. If its slow the first one to go will be the rumoured Midlands show

Coventry gig will probably go into the pre-sale around March 14, general sale March 16. This is what TM UK mailed me, in response to my enquiry earlier mentioned.
Jeroen
Thanks Jeroen that would be great- working backwards from that probably mon/tue announcement?

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 9, 2018 12:25

corriecas
exhpart

Jeroen

That would be amazing! I live not far away from Coventry (but going to all 3 london shows). Amazed TM gave out that info.

Some people on this forum are funny with their numbers/statistics and pessimism. I remember reading on here last year somebody said that only 15,000 tickets had sold for their Speilberg gig - and that post was made shortly before they performed it. I was there and my god it was packed out (guesstimate anywhere between 60k and 100k). All of these UK shows will be packed out too. Still 10 weeks to sell tickets and some more marketing. Although I do agree that the GC tickets at £250 a pop is a bit steep for a normal fan (im just doing GA because of that).

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 9, 2018 13:05

yorkshirestone
corriecas
exhpart

Jeroen
Thanks Jeroen that would be great- working backwards from that probably mon/tue announcement?

Maybe, or Today??
Jeroen

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 9, 2018 13:30

Friday is not a good news day, is it? Monday neither, but better than Friday. =)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2018 13:48

corriecas

Maybe, or Today??

Coventry (June 2, Ricoh Arena) confirmed: [www.CoventryTelegraph.net] , [Twitter.com] thumbs up

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 9, 2018 13:48

Date: March 9, 2018 13:54

Irix
corriecas

Maybe, or Today??

Coventry (Ricoh Arena) confirmed: [www.CoventryTelegraph.net] , [Twitter.com] thumbs up

Oh wow.

So theyve ditched the 2nd Manchester gig and added Coventry for Saturday 2nd June?

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:07

No news yet on the Dublin Licence really wish they would make a decision

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:18

stereomanic
Irix
corriecas

Maybe, or Today??

Coventry (Ricoh Arena) confirmed: [www.CoventryTelegraph.net] , [Twitter.com] thumbs up

Oh wow.

So theyve ditched the 2nd Manchester gig and added Coventry for Saturday 2nd June?

Makes sense. Three shows in Middle and North England are a bit too much. Maybe they had to play in an half empty stadium if they would add another Manchester as well.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:25

Next YEAR??? confused smiley They're literally no stopping, if this is true (and it looks like it is).

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:30

The Coventry concert will take place at the Ricoh on Saturday, June 2 while the Southampton gig will be played at St Mary’s Stadium on May 29.

[www.planetrock.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-09 14:31 by Lien.

Date: March 9, 2018 14:35

Lien
The Coventry concert will take place at the Ricoh on Saturday, June 2 while the Southampton gig will be played at St Mary’s Stadium on May 29.

[www.planetrock.com]

Please,please,please

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:42

Absolutely fantastic news and its on a saturday.!!!!!!!hot smileyhot smileyhot smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:44

Cristiano Radtke
Next YEAR??? confused smiley They're literally no stopping, if this is true (and it looks like it is).

[www.instagram.com]

Gotta be North America.. (Seattle,Vancouver,Denver,Calgary,Toronto, NYC..) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
*The location on his instagram is my small-ish town (Bellingham) NW Washington !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-09 14:50 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:44

stereomanic
Irix
corriecas

Maybe, or Today??

Oh wow.

Whilst a second manchester show would have been geographically convenient for me being 25 miles away, I'm all over the Coventry option!

Premier Inn £67 a room booked, 3 miles from stadium, pay up front but cancel until 1pm on show day if you need accommodation

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:45

Stereomanic wrote: "...I remember reading on here last year somebody said that only 15,000 tickets had sold for their Speilberg gig - and that post was made shortly before they performed it. I was there and my god it was packed out (guesstimate anywhere between 60k and 100k)..."

The exact official number is 95,004. The largest crowd for the Stones in Austria,ever. And yes, I remember such a huge pessimism about the particular gig here, too...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:48

carouslambra
Lien

[www.planetrock.com]

Please,please,please

Due to phenomenal demand, The Rolling Stones have added two dates to their upcoming UK tour.

In addition their six previously announce shows, the rock legends will now also play Southampton St Mary’s Stadium on Tuesday 29th May and Coventry Ricoh Stadium on Saturday 2nd June.

Tickets to these new dates go on sale from Planet Rock Tickets at 9am on Thursday 15th March. All other dates are on sale now.

Keith Richard says of the No Filter Tour: “It’s such a joy to play with this band there’s no stopping us, we’re only just getting started really.”

Mick Jagger adds: ‘‘This part of the ‘No Filter’ tour is really special for the Stones. We are looking forward to getting back onstage in the summer and playing to fans in the UK and Ireland. Its always exhilarating going to cities we haven’t played for quite a while and also some new venues for us like Old Trafford & The London Stadium.’’

Charlie Watts enthuses: “The Stones audience is the glue that keeps us together. The best and most satisfying moment is when you are reaching the end of the show and they are all going nuts.”

Also waxing lyrical, Ronnie Wood said: “When I look out at the sea of people when we play all I can see is smiles. It’s heart-warming and I’m glad we make people happy. Music makes me happy, and it makes them happy…. its infectious”

The eight UK shows are their first on home turf since they headlined Glastonbury and played two sensational shows in London’s Hyde Park in the summer of 2013.

See The Rolling Stones at the following shows:

MAY 2018
London Stadium – Tue 22nd
London Stadium - Fri 25th
Southampton St Mary’s Stadium – Tue 29th – NEW SHOW

JUNE 2018
Coventry Rich Stadium – Sat 2nd – NEW SHOW
Manchester Old Trafford Football Stadium – Tue 5th
Edinburgh BT Murrayfield Stadium – Sat 9th
Cardiff Principality Stadium – Fri 15th
London Twickenham Stadium – Tue 19th

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2018 14:48

IORR latest news:

Southampton and Coventry England Stones shows to be announced soon

The Rolling Stones will most probably confirm the two remaining England dates on their No Filter Tour 2018, Southampton Tue May 29 and Coventry June 2, i.e. dates swapped versus original plans. See the updated confirmed and rumoured No Filter 2018 tour dates by IORR:

[iorr.org]

IMPORTANT ABOUT DATES AND HOTEL ROOM BOOKING:
Dates have been swapped. Keep your original hotel bookings until the official announcement on Monday Mar 12. The original dates are very high priced for hotel rooms. Still there are low prices on the new dates, make sure you book fast, because prices will double within hours for these dates, these cities are not large for hotel capacity!

PS. Personally I am keeping my original bookings for Southampton and Coventry, based on the first scheduled dates, which were the other way around. The "new" dates are most probably the right ones, but there is no harm in having double bookings with option to cancel, until the official announcement next week.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-09 14:56 by bv.

Date: March 9, 2018 14:54

Just booked hotel near Coventry....they are going fast but still good prices on Booking.com

Date: March 9, 2018 14:54

laertisflash
Stereomanic wrote: "...I remember reading on here last year somebody said that only 15,000 tickets had sold for their Speilberg gig - and that post was made shortly before they performed it. I was there and my god it was packed out (guesstimate anywhere between 60k and 100k)..."

The exact official number is 95,004. The largest crowd for the Stones in Austria,ever. And yes, I remember such a huge pessimism about the particular gig here, too...

Oh wow yes I just looked it up on Wiki! Thats incredible. We had a nightmare getting home though haha. Worth it!

Date: March 9, 2018 15:05

carouslambra
Just booked hotel near Coventry....they are going fast but still good prices on Booking.com

Same in southampton £35 upwards. Be quick and remember Free Cancellation...just in case.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 9, 2018 15:21

Why the hell do they add new UK gigs, if the ticket sales are as "poor", as some people guess or claim here? That's the logical question...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2018 15:27

laertisflash
Why the hell do they add new UK gigs, if the ticket sales are as "poor", as some people guess or claim here? That's the logical question...

This is the UK tour. Ticket sales are not poor. They will all sell out, like they did last year, and the year before. The Rolling Stones are from UK - that is where it all started. Time to go home. It is exciting to have them on the largest UK tour since 1990!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 9, 2018 15:45

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-09 15:46 by Beast.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: March 9, 2018 16:08

I'm hoping to get tickets for Southampton when they go on sale.

Can anyone tell me the situation with getting pre-sale tickets for this tour?

Is it just a case of signing up with the official site, or is it for people with american express cards or something like that?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 9, 2018 16:11

Signing up helps. Amex had a presale for UK Amex holders as well. Ticketmaster also had a presale for "Platinum" tickets (overpriced!)

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: March 9, 2018 16:23

Topi
Signing up helps. Amex had a presale for UK Amex holders as well. Ticketmaster also had a presale for "Platinum" tickets (overpriced!)

Cool, many thanks.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 17:01

Flights are pretty dear for Dublin to Southampton

€104 is ok but much cheaper to go to the manchester show as flights are much cheaper

2 weeks til the Dublin ticekts go on sale

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 17:05

Healy52003
Flights are pretty dear for Dublin to Southampton

€104 is ok but much cheaper to go to the manchester show as flights are much cheaper

2 weeks til the Dublin ticekts go on sale

Go to Bristol and get a bus or a train.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home