Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 28, 2018 23:15

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 28, 2018 23:47

btw: RS.com has some merch stuff from 2017 back in store – amongst other things posters for Hamburg, Munich and Dusseldorf

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 29, 2018 00:13

Thanks for the diagram, Too Tough. So, as I see, between 3 March and 28 March, in this expensive section the unsold tickets have been reduced 50%. No bad at all, considering the fact that the gig will take place at the end of June. Am I wrong?

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: March 29, 2018 02:21

Not surprised they have spares of the Hamburg poster...in my opinion one of the worst! I get the lady in the lake reference and everything, but it just looks poorly designed how the lips have been put on her!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 29, 2018 06:55

Every other post from last year looked cheap! winking smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 29, 2018 08:35

TooTough

Sold seats on March 3 are available today.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 29, 2018 09:24

I see 164 seats available on March 3 and 81 available today (or yesterday).

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 29, 2018 13:16

BowieStone
TooTough

Maybe they already release some reserved seats for packages as regulars now.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: March 29, 2018 14:47

slewan
btw: RS.com has some merch stuff from 2017 back in store – amongst other things posters for Hamburg, Munich and Dusseldorf

Thanks I just ordered a couple of T shirts that have been out of stock and I should have bought originally in Amsterdam last September.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: March 29, 2018 15:24

carouslambra
slewan

Thanks I just ordered a couple of T shirts that have been out of stock and I should have bought originally in Amsterdam last September.

Just checked out the tshirts...amazing how they cross out the prices and have the same identical price right above. Someone failed Marketing 101!

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Posted by: twotonguekisses ()
Date: March 29, 2018 17:10

Just scored Lucky Dips for Prague, Lucky Dips also up on Ticketmaster.fr for Marseille, has anyone saved the Stuttgart LD link?

[shop.ticketpro.cz]

[partenaires.ticketmaster.fr]#

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 29, 2018 17:34

Anyone got link to Berlin LDs so I can keep checking ?

sc uk

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: March 29, 2018 17:40

Berlin LD

[www.eventim.de]

Stuttgart LD

[www.eventim.de]

None available now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-29 17:41 by hooked.

Posted by: HB93NL ()
Date: March 29, 2018 19:24

any people with coach experience? need to get back from twickenham to birmingham the 19th

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 29, 2018 19:30

hooked
Berlin LD

[www.eventim.de]

Stuttgart LD

[www.eventim.de]

None available now.

Thank You !

sc uk

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 29, 2018 21:55

TooTough
BowieStone
TooTough

Maybe they already release some reserved seats for packages as regulars now.

Have a look at ROW 9/13.
March 3 are 2 to sell (look from top)
March 29 are 13 to sell (look from top)

Be carefull, that`s special eventim marketing. Tricksy!!!!!

Date: March 29, 2018 22:23

1,5 month! Any rumours about rehearsals? Did they rehearse in 2017? And if so, when did they start. They sounded underrehearsed at the first shows (but great later on) so i hope they are well prepared this time and not to rusty

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 29, 2018 23:00

Yes they began rehearsals in West London around two weeks before the tour started last year.

Nate

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 30, 2018 10:27

Keith could do with starting rehearsals a bit sooner imho

He looked a bit ring rusty last time out, wonder if he will finally learn how to play the solo on Sympathy again, he needs to go back to basics on that one, its given me more cringes than Scarf Me Up winking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 30, 2018 12:45

keithsman

He looked a bit ring rusty last time out, wonder if he will finally learn how to play the solo on Sympathy again, he needs to go back to basics on that one, its given me more cringes than Scarf Me Up winking smiley
Keith and Ronnie probably practicing at home.... Mick exercising - voice, running and yoga, Charlie lots of massage for his back problems, hands.

Date: March 30, 2018 16:01

mtaylor
keithsman

Keith and Ronnie probably practicing at home.... Mick exercising - voice, running and yoga, Charlie lots of massage for his back problems, hands.

Yes i can just visualize them now doing their thing, Keith in particular needs to have more practice with the band, he's treating the first few shows as extended practice sessions, not really fair for those first few unfortunate concert goers eye rolling smiley
Perhaps Mick will permit the band to have more practice time for Keith to get his timing right before they hit the road this time. Maybe the band could get together a few days before Mick shows up.

Charlie did look to be suffering with his back in a recent interview hopefully that's had time to get better.

Micks always prepared isn't he , he lives for the chance to show his fitness, more of an athlete more than a musician since 89'

Ronnie since 2012 is always ready, he starts the tour on the be of the bang.
I'd love to know what's in his little medicine cabinet, the nerves are gone these days.

So another mini tour, i have to pinch myself when i think its 2018 and these four men still get on well enough to tour and are also in good enough health to still do 2 hour stadium rock shows.
Even Lisa Fisha recently said she found the traveling too exhausting, waiting around the day before shows and then three days to the next one.
Its long and drawn out playing only 2 shows a week on average ( probably down to Micks voice needing to rest ) since 2012.

Elton John said on the radio yesterday he does about a 100 shows a year, so i suppose this is a piece of cake in comparison, the Stones travel on jets and they have their family's with them, everything is done for them so as long as they don't mind long days and nights in hotel rooms its ok.
Maybe Lisa doesn't like hotels, Bill didn't like flying but i bet he would love to join in on this Uk tour, basically a 2 or 3 hour car drive home after the shows and then drive to the next one on show day.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 30, 2018 18:47

keithsman

Regarding Sympathy, I would still like to know why Mick has omitted the Bliztkrieg/Kennedy verse. Self-censorship like this makes no sense.

Date: March 30, 2018 19:01

GAFF
keithsman

Regarding Sympathy, I would still like to know why Mick has omitted the Bliztkrieg/Kennedy verse. Self-censorship like this makes no sense.

Because along with all the Hollywood luvvies and political correct elite Mick has sold out.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 30, 2018 19:13

GAFF

They are different verses and, as far as I know, he always sings the Blitzkrieg verse (I certainly remember it from last year, unless my mind is playing tricks).

I've always found the 'after all it was you and me' line a bit childish (just my opinion, am not interested in a heated debate), so it may be that the Kennedy verse is not sung for artistic reasons rather than political self-censorship; the verse just isn't as sharp as the others.

syrel

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2018 19:25

syrel
GAFF

They are different verses and, as far as I know, he always sings the Blitzkrieg verse (I certainly remember it from last year, unless my mind is playing tricks).

I've always found the 'after all it was you and me' line a bit childish (just my opinion, am not interested in a heated debate), so it may be that the Kennedy verse is not sung for artistic reasons rather than political self-censorship; the verse just isn't as sharp as the others.

syrel
Well said, syrel. Had not heard artistic reasoning before, but does make sense.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:12

syrel
GAFF

syrel

Not debating your opinion regarding "childish lyrics" (even though I disagree with it), but changing the lyrics due to "artistic reasons"?
That seems a stretch as there's dozens/hundreds of other lines and verses in other songs Mick could have been changed for "artistic reasons", but none of them ever have been.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:23

He hasn't changed the lyrics, he's dropped a verse, which is a much less pro-active thing to do, so I think plausible - there are probably other songs where verses don't get sung as well.

One thing I thought after my initial post is that SFTD is quite a long song on stage, and Mick is always very conscious about the audience losing interest (sometimes misguidedly so in my view), so that could be another part of the rationale ('let's cut a verse... this one is worse, so cut it').

syrel

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:34

Right, changed/dropped....

Still think it's a stretch to think he would change (or drop) that specific lyric due to "artistic reasons", or to shorten the song considering he's never done so before with anything else.
I think it's more plausible that he dropped it because he deemed it controversial or perhaps in bad taste, but who knows...

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:55

syrel
GAFF

syrel

For the last handful of tours, they've replaced that verse with a guitar solo, making for two solos in that song.

Date: March 30, 2018 21:08

syrel
He hasn't changed the lyrics, he's dropped a verse, which is a much less pro-active thing to do, so I think plausible - there are probably other songs where verses don't get sung as well.

One thing I thought after my initial post is that SFTD is quite a long song on stage, and Mick is always very conscious about the audience losing interest (sometimes misguidedly so in my view), so that could be another part of the rationale ('let's cut a verse... this one is worse, so cut it').

syrel

He doesn't worry about that when he sings Miss You, a much lesser song imho, so i don't think that's the reason he dropped a verse

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home