Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 2, 2018 15:37

nobodyimportant
corriecas
If they play Coventry May 29, will there be buses to the stadium???
jeroen

When I've been to gigs there, they've had shuttle buses back to the main railway station after the show. Don't know about outward, but you can get a train from the main station to the Ricoh Arena. They are infrequent though, so check the times. Was one an hour last time I went (2016).

Thanks a Lot !!
Jeroen

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 15:39

nobodyimportant
corriecas
If they play Coventry May 29, will there be buses to the stadium???
jeroen

When I've been to gigs there, they've had shuttle buses back to the main railway station after the show. Don't know about outward, but you can get a train from the main station to the Ricoh Arena. They are infrequent though, so check the times. Was one an hour last time I went (2016).

I think they lay on buses from the train station before and after.

Trains from Birmingham are quite frequent around every 10 minutes or so.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 15:47

There have been absolutely no noises about the 2nd Manchester & Coventry show going ahead. If sales have been slow for non Luck-Dip tickets, then it would be no shock at all if these shows did not happen.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 2, 2018 15:58

grzegorz67
There have been absolutely no noises about the 2nd Manchester & Coventry show going ahead. If sales have been slow for non Luck-Dip tickets, then it would be no shock at all if these shows did not happen.

Seems like Manchester 1 has sold well though, so I dont think they'd have a problem selling a 2nd especially as it would be on a Saturday. However the Coventry show I'm not so sure about as most people would have now bought either London or Manchester, they should have advertised Coventry with the rest of the shows to ensure sell out.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 15:58

grzegorz67

That's what i am thinking.thumbs down

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 2, 2018 16:01

Silver Dagger
Has anyone bought a Pit ticket at regular price for either of the 2 London Stadium shows this morning?

I kept trying for May 22 and just gave up, since the flight I was able to get on points won't arrive in time for the first show.

I'm already in for the pit on May 25, although I had to pay a "platinum" price of 540 GBP on ticketmaster. On the bright side, I was able to book Tokyo-London on points. Only problem is I arrive Thursday night, and leave Saturday morning. That's 24 hours of flying time for 36 hours on the ground - oh well, beggars can't be choosers. I can't wait.

Date: March 2, 2018 16:11

Has anyone noticed that the Eventtravel hotel packages aren't selling at all? That's a bad sign. For last year's tour even those went pretty fast.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: March 2, 2018 16:34

odean73
grzegorz67

That's what i am thinking.thumbs down

Ten days between shows in Manchester and London is a long gap. I am still hopeful that at least one of them will go ahead. (I had four shows pencilled in and two of them are these shows agghhh!!)

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 16:44

There's quite a lot of decent -excellent tickets left for most shows

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 16:56

I'm sure it's been discussed many times before in other threads, but how much roughly do you think each of the 4 get for a show in London etc. ? After expenses.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 17:00

brownsugar86
I'm sure it's been discussed many times before in other threads, but how much roughly do you think each of the 4 get for a show in London etc. ? After expenses.

Based on other big bands, it's probably pretty close to a million each per show;
if you look at gross per stadium show being 8-10m for a 50k stadium; take 25% off for promoters and another 25% off for touring costs (set up, crew, rest of band), then you're left with approx 4-5m for the band.
crazy

Posted by: belld ()
Date: March 2, 2018 17:23

Tens of thousands tix left for UK gigs. Secondary agencies will suffer hopefully.
Also raises question. Have they over estimated numbers of people interested in attending at current prices?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 17:37 by belld.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 2, 2018 17:45

jrcjohnny99
brownsugar86

Based on other big bands, it's probably pretty close to a million each per show;
if you look at gross per stadium show being 8-10m for a 50k stadium; take 25% off for promoters and another 25% off for touring costs (set up, crew, rest of band), then you're left with approx 4-5m for the band.
crazy

Promoters don't make any money off Stones shows, they do it for the prestige. The promoter of the Australian tour in 2014 became legendary because he actually made a profit of a Stones tour - but it was measured in cents not dollars!

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 17:50

Old Trafford seating plan is really confusing

no seated tickets left for that show on TM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 17:52 by Healy52003.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: March 2, 2018 17:56

syrel
jrcjohnny99
brownsugar86

crazy

Promoters don't make any money off Stones shows, they do it for the prestige. The promoter of the Australian tour in 2014 became legendary because he actually made a profit of a Stones tour - but it was measured in cents not dollars!

I think the promoters will be ok. Take London stadium for example. The promoter needs to pay the Stones 5 million quid for their fee. Assume the promoter then needs to spend another 5 million on costs (venue hire, promotion, insurance, legal etc). So 10 mill in costs.

If they sell 1000 put tix at 500 each that’s 500,000

Then say 6,000 good circle tix at 250 each gives 1.5 million

Then assume they sell another 60,000 tix at an average of £150 each, gives 9 million.

And it makes sense to do a second show because a lot of these costs (promo, legal, insurance) are largely fixed anyway regardless of how many shows, so the cost of putting on a second show might be only 7 million. So they could conceivably sell only, say, 45,000 at the second show and they would be ok.

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: March 2, 2018 18:05

What is the likelyhood of a one off club warm up show (like LA in 2015)?
If they did do one would it likely be London or given it’s only a few months after final Paris show will they not think they need to do one?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 2, 2018 18:17

I find it kind of sad to see tickets on ebay already. Clearly people buy to sell. And the betting is crazy. So sad. I wish it was illegal.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 18:28

belld
Tens of thousands tix left for UK gigs. Secondary agencies will suffer hopefully.
Also raises question. Have they over estimated numbers of people interested in attending at current prices?

Agreed, checking this morning in U.S. and the general sales seem very soft - able to pull Golden Circle and first sections of lower tier witho no problem.

Date: March 2, 2018 18:41

john lomax
syrel
jrcjohnny99
brownsugar86

crazy

I think the promoters will be ok. Take London stadium for example. The promoter needs to pay the Stones 5 million quid for their fee. Assume the promoter then needs to spend another 5 million on costs (venue hire, promotion, insurance, legal etc). So 10 mill in costs.

If they sell 1000 put tix at 500 each that’s 500,000

Then say 6,000 good circle tix at 250 each gives 1.5 million

Then assume they sell another 60,000 tix at an average of £150 each, gives 9 million.

And it makes sense to do a second show because a lot of these costs (promo, legal, insurance) are largely fixed anyway regardless of how many shows, so the cost of putting on a second show might be only 7 million. So they could conceivably sell only, say, 45,000 at the second show and they would be ok.

Can you tell me where you are getting those numbers from please? I'd be interested if you can substantiate any of them. All information I've ever seen suggests that the Stones squeeze everything they can out of the promoters, leaving nothing for them.

syrel

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 2, 2018 18:43

JN99
belld

Agreed, checking this morning in U.S. and the general sales seem very soft - able to pull Golden Circle and first sections of lower tier witho no problem.

Probably because they're in the £200-300 price range inc. fees. GA, seats <£180 and pit sold out for Manchester (AXS and Ticketmaster 'standard price' tickets anyway)

Date: March 2, 2018 18:45

Did anyone buy a face value pit ticket from Ticketmaster for any show? I'm wondering whether they had any at all in their allocation, or whether they are selling them all as platinum only.

syrel

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 18:50

hoping to pick up a Manchester ticket if I need one in a few weeks

downloaded an app called twickets which sells UK gig tickets at face value

Dublin tickets on sale in 3 weeks when we will hopefully have good news over the licence

Date: March 2, 2018 18:50

yorkshirestone
JN99
belld

Probably because they're in the £200-300 price range inc. fees. GA, seats <£180 and pit sold out for Manchester (AXS and Ticketmaster 'standard price' tickets anyway)

Yeah, the one I'm wondering if they have mispriced is the Golden Circle; I am surprised they are hanging around as long as they are. I'm also surprised the second Manchester date wasn't announced this morning - indicates that they are genuinely waiting to test demand (unlike London). Still, they always seem to find a way of selling out in the end.

syrel

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 18:52

syrel
Did anyone buy a face value pit ticket from Ticketmaster for any show? I'm wondering whether they had any at all in their allocation, or whether they are selling them all as platinum only.

syrel

The Primary Seller was AXS for all 6 UK shows and Eventime for the 2 German and 1 Polish show. Anyone else selling tickets is a scalper, which ticketmaster platinum effectively is. That Ticketmaster own them plus 2 barefaced scalper sites i.e. GetMein & Seatwave is an outrageous scandal.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 2, 2018 18:58

rebelhipi
stone4ever
odean73
stone4ever
OhYesMeAgain
hi. i have been a guest on this site for years, but only recently became an online user. this is my "maiden voyage"on the site - my first posting! i am from berkeley, ca. i have been to 13 shows so far including the last show of the ABB at the O2, Hyde Park 1 and 2, and the 3 recent paris shows. i was wondering which will be the better shows: the shows at the London Olympic stadium or the show at Twickenham? At the Olympic stadium it should be quite a spectacle with all the people (80,000 x 2), but it usually takes the Stones a while to warm up and relax. So, Twickenham could be a better show? Of course, all the shows will be great, but i am wondering if i would get more bang for my buck at the Olympic stadium or at Twickenham? If the show in Ireland doesn't take place, is it possible that the first show of the tour could actually be at Olympic stadium?! Thanks for all the advice i have got from all of your posts over the years.

nino

Hi welcome aboard nino, i'm relatively new hear myself although like you have been visiting the site for 13 years.

I'd go for Twickenham , in fact i am going for Twickenham and Cardiff, seen the Stones at both venues and the Stones were great and the Twickenham audience were fantastic as captured on the DVD release.

As you said the band should be warmed up by then, keith should be firing on all cylinders by show number 10, plus he says he is sober since Christmas so we might see Keith on fire from the first show this time out smoking smiley

Hope to catch up with a few of you iorrians at one of these shows. smileys with beer

Hi,

Always enjoyed Twickenham, but it would be nice to see the previous olympic stadium.

London is one of the top places to go for the stones.

Indeed, i will never forget the response from the crowd to Keith's Slipping Away that night. Epic. Pity SA didn't make it on the DVD release confused smiley
Slippin Away is on the Four Flicks dvd. Twickenham disc.

Yeah thank's rebelhipi you're right of course , i must have been thinking about the Live Licks CD.

Managed to get cheap tickets for Cardiff and Twickenham but just read the hideous reviews about AXS tickets and i'm a bit worried . Anyone had good experiences with them lol.

Date: March 2, 2018 19:10

grzegorz67
syrel

syrel

The Primary Seller was AXS for all 6 UK shows and Eventime for the 2 German and 1 Polish show. Anyone else selling tickets is a scalper, which ticketmaster platinum effectively is. That Ticketmaster own them plus 2 barefaced scalper sites i.e. GetMein & Seatwave is an outrageous scandal.

Except that TM was also offering the ability to buy face value tickets... I'm just curious if anyone was actually able to buy one at face. They are clearly not simply a secondary seller in this relationship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 19:11 by syrel.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 19:21

syrel
yorkshirestone
JN99
belld

Yeah, the one I'm wondering if they have mispriced is the Golden Circle; I am surprised they are hanging around as long as they are. I'm also surprised the second Manchester date wasn't announced this morning - indicates that they are genuinely waiting to test demand (unlike London). Still, they always seem to find a way of selling out in the end.

syrel

Wondering the same but honestly I thought it was the PIT tickets since you can essentially stand right alongside the pit in the GC for £150 less. If it's anything like I saw in Lucca, it will be well worth it to pay the premium for GC over GA though

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 2, 2018 19:23

The first page on this thread have been updated with links to popular threads like "Lucky Dip", "Pit Ticket Prices", "Complaints".

If you miss an important thread/link, which should be on the first page, then please let me know by e-mail to iorr@arena.no and I will update if that suggestion makes sense.

This thread will be sticky until mid July so it should be easy to navigate through these links.

Bjornulf

Date: March 2, 2018 19:38

JN99
syrel
yorkshirestone
JN99
belld

syrel

Wondering the same but honestly I thought it was the PIT tickets since you can essentially stand right alongside the pit in the GC for £150 less. If it's anything like I saw in Lucca, it will be well worth it to pay the premium for GC over GA though

If you arrive early (which generally means a bit before the doors open, you are right next to people who paid Pit pricing, separated only by a barrier. At least that's how it was last year.

Date: March 2, 2018 19:55

JN99
syrel
yorkshirestone
JN99
belld

syrel

I think 'pit' has a status premium, and there are many fewer of them, so even though prices are eye-watering they will sell them (and fill in the gaps with LDs). GC, however, strike me as a slightly upgraded 'ordinary punter' ticket and - my view - is that while you can get people to spend up to 200 or so on a whim, 275 is a bridge too far (especially if buying for a couple, or a family).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2142
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home