Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: El Mocambo setlists
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 20, 2018 17:10

No, but tired of Beast Of Burden (normal live version), Dead Flowers, Sweet Virginia, Angie, LARS, Wild Horses. The warhorses among the "rarities". But I'm not sure if that was already the case in 1995.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 19:42 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 20, 2018 18:15

GAFF
They played Worried About You prior to 1981???

It makes sense. Seeing that it was recorded in 1975.

Date: January 20, 2018 18:21

ryanpow
I would love to hear how they played Hot Stuff. I bet it sounds amazing.

Probably the same as the rest of the tour - messy, fast and unnecessary.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 20, 2018 18:41

‘Dance Little Sister, Dance’

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: January 20, 2018 19:06

I seem to remember two versions of Little red rooster from Mocambo, one of them with two slide guitars, which would indicate that at least something survived from show #1. But I may be wrong.

Date: January 20, 2018 23:17

MartinB
I seem to remember two versions of Little red rooster from Mocambo, one of them with two slide guitars, which would indicate that at least something survived from show #1. But I may be wrong.

Both Keith and Ronnie played slide on it, as heard on LYL and the El Mocambo-bootleg.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 21, 2018 00:38

GasLightStreet
ryanpow

awww come on, you don't even like the LYL version?

I think this tune would have been smokin' in a club setting. Similar to Hand of Fate. The 76 versions were good but at El Mocambo there was something extra they brought to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-21 06:24 by ryanpow.

Date: January 21, 2018 10:26

Monsoon Ragoon
No, but tired of Beast Of Burden (normal live version), Dead Flowers, Sweet Virginia, Angie, LARS, Wild Horses. The warhorses among the "rarities". But I'm not sure if that was already the case in 1995.

BOB normal live version? Where did you find that on Totally Stripped?

Love the acoustic version.

Date: January 21, 2018 11:04

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Maybe not on TS but on 20-25 % of all shows 1994 onwards. I don't remember the acoustic version was very different than usual.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: January 21, 2018 14:24

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Maybe not on TS but on 20-25 % of all shows 1994 onwards. I don't remember the acoustic version was very different than usual.

BoB normal live version you will find on the paris-DVD. The acoutic version at paradiso was great indeed.
I guess Monsoon Ragoon talked less about the times more than 22 years ago, but about TODAYS "Rarities" as She´s so cold, Let´s spend the night together, Get out off my cloud etc. Yes, play with fire and Dancing with Mr. D were great to hear in 2017, the rest - well ok...

Date: January 21, 2018 14:36

deardoctor
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

BoB normal live version you will find on the paris-DVD. The acoutic version at paradiso was great indeed.
I guess Monsoon Ragoon talked less about the times more than 22 years ago, but about TODAYS "Rarities" as She´s so cold, Let´s spend the night together, Get out off my cloud etc. Yes, play with fire and Dancing with Mr. D were great to hear in 2017, the rest - well ok...

Yes. The 2017 setlists were nothing for me. Only two, sometimes three random songs and even these are always the same meanwhile. Exceptions were just three songs. The only real highlight was Hamburg. The 1995 club concert setlists marked the beginning of the "rarity-warhorses-era".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-21 14:59 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 21, 2018 18:45

deardoctor
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Looks like he talked about how the 1995 club-shows sound today to me:

<They sound today like alternative warhorses shows with sort of "played-to-death-rarities>

Date: January 21, 2018 19:14

DandelionPowderman
deardoctor
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Yeah. In 2018 I see it with 2018 eyes. In 1995 I was a lot more satisfied with these "club" setlists. Mocambo had more real rarities like Cracking Up, Melody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-21 19:15 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 21, 2018 20:42

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
deardoctor
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Yeah. In 2018 I see it with 2018 eyes. In 1995 I was a lot more satisfied with these "club" setlists. Mocambo had more real rarities like Cracking Up, Melody.

Meet Me In The Bottom, Still A Fool, Spider And The Fly, Connection, Like A Rolling Stone and Shine A Light were real rarities back then.

Date: January 21, 2018 21:09

ryanpow
GasLightStreet
ryanpow

I think this tune would have been smokin' in a club setting. Similar to Hand of Fate. The 76 versions were good but at El Mocambo there was something extra they brought to it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. LOVE YOU LIVE is fantastic - because of how bad they were on that tour! A majority of those shows were horrendous! Mainly because of Mick's grunting through everything.

Hot Stuff is too fast. The brilliance of the funk from the LP version is gone. A lot of things were too fast! Are they good? No. But I do like them. I like that they had recent tracks on LYL.

What is it that Jagger mumbles in If You Can't Rock Me from that tour? Sugar dog sugar dog?

Date: January 21, 2018 21:13

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Monsoon, you like that really bad version they did of BOB from the 1981/82 tours that was released as a B-side? That thing is terrible!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 21, 2018 21:16

GasLightStreet
ryanpow
GasLightStreet
ryanpow

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. LOVE YOU LIVE is fantastic - because of how bad they were on that tour! A majority of those shows were horrendous! Mainly because of Mick's grunting through everything.

Hot Stuff is too fast. The brilliance of the funk from the LP version is gone. A lot of things were too fast! Are they good? No. But I do like them. I like that they had recent tracks on LYL.

What is it that Jagger mumbles in If You Can't Rock Me from that tour? Sugar dog sugar dog?

I think he's saying "Shake it Down?" I don't remembere what show its from but there's some live version from 75 or 76 where he says "Do The Hustle" during the break down of that song.

Date: January 21, 2018 21:54

GasLightStreet
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Monsoon, you like that really bad version they did of BOB from the 1981/82 tours that was released as a B-side? That thing is terrible!

Never heard that probably shortened thing. Unless it's on "Rarities 1971-2005". I'm not a big BOB fan to be honest, but I prefer the 1978-82 versions. I got BOB in most of the eleven 1995 shows I attended, enough said.

Date: January 21, 2018 22:16

Monsoon Ragoon
GasLightStreet
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Never heard that probably shortened thing. Unless it's on "Rarities 1971-2005". I'm not a big BOB fan to be honest, but I prefer the 1978-82 versions. I got BOB in most of the eleven 1995 shows I attended, enough said.

Ah, well, since it was a song they played a lot on the VOODOO tour perhaps you should've gone to less shows!

BOB live 1981 is on RARITIES. That album still pisses me off - 2 tracks from SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES? 1 from STRIPPED? At least Through The Lonely Nights and Let It Rock are on it, the only reason(s) I bought it.

Date: January 22, 2018 12:28

GasLightStreet
Monsoon Ragoon
GasLightStreet
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Ah, well, since it was a song they played a lot on the VOODOO tour perhaps you should've gone to less shows!

BOB live 1981 is on RARITIES. That album still pisses me off - 2 tracks from SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES? 1 from STRIPPED? At least Through The Lonely Nights and Let It Rock are on it, the only reason(s) I bought it.
On some of those albums they started this cutting up of songs. I can not listen to those versions; ever, ever! They would be such senseless edits: on BOB, Fool to Cry, etc

Date: January 22, 2018 19:19

Now THIS would be a fun ‘Release of El Mocambo 1977’
The edge of the sharp blade ‘it’s REALLY over now’
Rolling Stones slammed against the wall, refusing to break, summon up the otherworldly energy...’

We could have Ronnie on camera telling us what really went down w/ Maggie, Bill Wyman on how he had the foresight/ compassion and friendship for Keith to help him, uh, not die from detox?
And Mick, we saw you in the hotel watching the tele rather seriously,
what were you really thinking? Telling yourself well, maybe it’s the hand of fate and I will finally get out of this insanity, Christ should have invested more, hmmm
Finally Keith telling us, I chose to walk/ quit, but truthfully, I had a 2nd identity witness protection plan.

Date: January 22, 2018 19:28

Palace Revolution 2000

On some of those albums they started this cutting up of songs. I can not listen to those versions; ever, ever! They would be such senseless edits: on BOB, Fool to Cry, etc[/quote]

The single and B-side edits. Nothing wrong with having them.

The weirdest single release edit wise of all their singles has to be Miss You. The UK single version has no saxophone in it. I'm pretty sure the first time I heard that was when I got JUMP BACK in 1993. It took a while to figure it out. It's also on FORTY LICKS and FIFTY LICKS.

Date: January 22, 2018 19:35

Fifty Licks?

Date: January 22, 2018 22:22

El Mocambo
‘Worked the bars and sideshows along the twilight zone’

Date: January 22, 2018 22:30

I'm looking forward to "60 Licks" 4CD in 2022 with all 57 old tracks shortened and remixed. And three complete "new" ones: Driving Me Mad, Too Late To Finish and Still In Love (now completed after 44 years).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-22 22:40 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: January 22, 2018 22:41

dcba
DrPete
If they did a CD release plus a Knebworth dvd package, I would never beg for anything else..

If they did a CD release plus a Knebworth Paris'76 dvd package, I would be most grateful...
I've heard the Stones are working on a Paris '76 box set similar to the Totally Stripped box from last year. I've also heard that the complete three hour video of Knebworh doesn't exist, only the one hour we have now, supposedly the BBC recorded over the rest of the show, a practice that wasn't uncommon back then apparently!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 23, 2018 04:11

Mr.D
dcba
DrPete
If they did a CD release plus a Knebworth dvd package, I would never beg for anything else..

If they did a CD release plus a Knebworth Paris'76 dvd package, I would be most grateful...
I've heard the Stones are working on a Paris '76 box set similar to the Totally Stripped box from last year. I've also heard that the complete three hour video of Knebworh doesn't exist, only the one hour we have now, supposedly the BBC recorded over the rest of the show, a practice that wasn't uncommon back then apparently!

That's contrary to what I have heard - and that is while the BBC tape is indeed partly erased, the Stones still have a complete version in their vaults. What's unclear thoough is whether the Stones or the BBC have the master or a copy. I would suggest that the Stones have the master and gave the BBC a copy. Just like they did with their 1971 Leeds recording when they recorded the full show on multitracks and produced a (shortened) one hour mono mix for the BBC for broadcasting purposes. So Leeds 1971 never was a "BBC recording" to start with.

The main problem with Knebworth is the uneven sound mix and sound flaws of the video. This could only be rescued if they had recorded the audio on multitrack, and even then it possibly needs some re-working. My best guess is that they did, because I recall that back then I've read somewhere that one of the reasons El Mocambo happened is that the Knebworth tapes were "unusable" for inclusion on Love You Live. It is no coincidence that some of the "rare stuff" like Around And Around, Little Red Rooster and Route 66 were performed at Knebworth and the El Mocambo.

Date: January 23, 2018 05:12

EL MOCAMBO

‘Worried About You’
[m.youtube.com]

Please clean this up and release Rolling Stones.
It is absolutely beautiful, and unlistenable because of the audio quality.
But this is absolute gold.

It’s not entirely unlistenable. I am going for my 3-4 in a row.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-23 05:36 by 35love.

Date: January 23, 2018 05:48

Oh my God
It’s the best ‘Worried About You’
I’ve ever heard.
Slayed.
[m.youtube.com]

Date: January 23, 2018 06:01

I knew I was going to embarrass myself, who cares anyway
but for real my soul has meld ‘Worried About You’
recorded studio track over/ over
Licks live ‘Worried’
the rest, I know where they are
but this here
EL MOCAMBO ‘Worried About You’
well my God

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home