Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Faith Lost, Faith Found: Paris NO FILTER Concerts: Vault please ASAP!
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: December 5, 2017 12:08

Have to say that from the 2013(?2012) concerts at the O2 I'd lost my faith a bit, very very high ticket prices, and the band just sounded ok, I did not feel any excitement, I thought they'd lost it because they were just too old(or I had, at 48 then), Glastonbury gave me back hope a bit, but it was this years NO FILTER concerts which I reluctantly/obseesively tuned into via YOUTUBE, and I was delighted by 3 things:

1/ the renewed speed/pace of JJF and pretty much all the numbers...
2/ Charlie Watts drumming fills on Midnight Rambler which I'd never heard before..
3/ Street Fighting Man, which was truly a glorious wall of sound, great guitars, lights, drumming, jaggering, just pure energy!!!

Please please please RELEASE!

Re: Faith Lost, Faith Found: Paris NO FILTER Concerts: Vault please ASAP!
Date: December 5, 2017 12:13

guyrachel
Have to say that from the 2013(?2012) concerts at the O2 I'd lost my faith a bit, very very high ticket prices, and the band just sounded ok, I did not feel any excitement, I thought they'd lost it because they were just too old(or I had, at 48 then), Glastonbury gave me back hope a bit, but it was this years NO FILTER concerts which I reluctantly/obseesively tuned into via YOUTUBE, and I was delighted by 3 things:

2/ Charlie Watts drumming fills on Midnight Rambler which I'd never heard before..
3/ Street Fighting Man, which was truly a glorious wall of sound, great guitars, lights, drumming, jaggering, just pure energy!!!

Add Dancing With Mr. D, Under My Thumb and the Blue And Lonesome-tracks that gave the shows a different feel.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 5, 2017 12:47

guyrachel

I hear ya, bro'/sis...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: December 5, 2017 12:56

Paris 3 was awsome!

Release it!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-05 13:12 by 1962.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: December 5, 2017 19:34

A DVD and a live CD from Paris 2017 needed.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 5, 2017 19:44

I always thought Nanterre are "DVD-shows" to be released in spring when the UK dates are announced. Doesn't look like that?!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 5, 2017 20:35

But were there any extra cameras in Paris? Sure, they might have the footage from the cameras that are there for the screens, but I think it takes much more these days to film a DVD. I know, it is as complex as one wnats it to be, there surely can be a DVD made with 2 or 3 simple cameras, but...

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: December 5, 2017 20:49

yes, many extra cameras

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 6, 2017 00:32

I'd still like an O2 show from 2012 - they played a couple rarities there like "I Wanna Be Your Man" and "Lady Jane" - I'm not sure either of those has had official release in the last couple years...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 6, 2017 04:20

and She's So Cold and She's A Rainbow in the final show.

I saw all three Paris shows.

The second show, my 50th overall, was the best Stones concert I have ever seen, and I go back to my first show in '75. I was in about the fourth row in the pit and it was simply stunning, so powerful, words cannot describe it. The sound was so great up there, the band was so close, they were so tight and playing their asses off, not simply going thru the motions. I could tell this thru their body language which I could see being that close. They have played these songs a million times but they were playing like they mean it!

plexi

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2017 05:11

... yeah plexi I musta been near ya..2nd show brilliant as
ya described but I still give the nudge to 3rd Paris 2017 as one
of theeeee F'n greatest Stones shows I've ever seen ...........Stones were Crash Hot ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: December 6, 2017 05:37

why would this be a vault release? It just happened.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 6, 2017 08:30

I'm up for a release of these shows. Paris 2 was amazing in my opinion. They were on fire.

Date: December 6, 2017 18:02

Rockman
... yeah plexi I musta been near ya..2nd show brilliant as
ya described but I still give the nudge to 3rd Paris 2017 as one
of theeeee F'n greatest Stones shows I've ever seen ...........Stones were Crash Hot ..

DAMN U ROCKEEE!!! I didn't know u were in Paris!! We could have gotten together, maybe at the Some Girls bar. And I could have spilled another beer on u! R u planning to go to the UK next year? I am.

I was in the pit Keith's side for both the second and third shows. For the third show, I was front row on the rail. Did u c the pics I posted on Facebook? If not, go to [www.facebook.com] and scroll down a ways and u will c them. I guess I should try to post a few here.

Little Queenie was also there near me and said she thought the second show was better than the third.

Did u go to all 3 shows?

The O2 2007 second show had been my all time favourite, but Paris # 2 eclipsed it.

plexi

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-06 18:43 by timbernardis.

Date: December 6, 2017 18:06

Adams
yes, many extra cameras

about how many extra cameras?

plexi

Date: December 6, 2017 18:18

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-09 11:13 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: December 6, 2017 22:14

DAMN U ROCKEEE!!! I didn't know u were in Paris!! We could have
gotten together, maybe at the Some Girls bar. And I could have spilled another beer on u! R u planning to go to the UK next year? I am.

Yeah Tim .... I was there Keith side but heck you know what its like ....
Did the VIP lounge before both so maybe I missed ya in the clammer ta
get a ring side spot ... Never went to Some Girls bar instead spent
literally $$$millions on Grey Goose at another dive and couldn't
afford ta spill a drop hhhaaaaaaa .... ran into Little Queenie there
on the last night didn't recognise her at first for the last time I saw
her she was blond ....

^^^^^^^^^ My kinda dive Tim ... as one wild guy named Bill said to me ... "Ya gotta mortgage the house ta drink here" .... hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But But yeah yeah I'll be in UK reelin' and a rockin' for sure .... See ya re Tim ... don't be late ....DONT BEEEEE LATE

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 6, 2017 22:21

Monsoon Ragoon
Why has there been no DVD- or whatever release of the tour series since 2012? Except the Sticky Fingers club gig which had zero to do with the normal shows. They didn't even release a shortened Newark broadcast. Just wondering.

Havana Moon and Olé Olé Olé?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 6, 2017 22:42

I attended Paris 3. And it was excellent!

Date: December 7, 2017 01:57

Rockman
DAMN U ROCKEEE!!! I didn't know u were in Paris!! We could have
gotten together, maybe at the Some Girls bar. And I could have spilled another beer on u! R u planning to go to the UK next year? I am.

Yeah Tim .... I was there Keith side but heck you know what its like ....
Did the VIP lounge before both so maybe I missed ya in the clammer ta
get a ring side spot ... Never went to Some Girls bar instead spent
literally $$$millions on Grey Goose at another dive and couldn't
afford ta spill a drop hhhaaaaaaa .... ran into Little Queenie there
on the last night didn't recognise her at first for the last time I saw
her she was blond ....

^^^^^^^^^ My kinda dive Tim ... as one wild guy named Bill said to me ... "Ya gotta mortgage the house ta drink here" .... hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But But yeah yeah I'll be in UK reelin' and a rockin' for sure .... See ya re Tim ... don't be late ....DONT BEEEEE LATE

U must have been in the VIP lounge with Stnsfrk Frank Cunningham who promised me a pass but did not deliver. Yes, Queenie used to b blond as she was in 2007 at the O2/Pilot pub. She wasn't far from me, so I must have just missed u by a whisker. Oh but maybe u meant u met her at the dive, not the gig? And will try not to b late next year as I was for one of the O2 shows where Gazza nearly had a heart attack as he was holding my ticket but ended up giving it to the bartender at the Pilot and I got it from him so it all worked out.

plexi

Date: December 7, 2017 07:45

Deltics
Monsoon Ragoon
Why has there been no DVD- or whatever release of the tour series since 2012? Except the Sticky Fingers club gig which had zero to do with the normal shows. They didn't even release a shortened Newark broadcast. Just wondering.

Havana Moon and Olé Olé Olé?

Ooops, forgot about Havana. Maybe that was too huge. I have it somewhere but never watched it until now - (not only) the setlist is too embarrassing. The rarest track is All Down The Line - played in every 3rd or 4th show since 23 years ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-07 08:02 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: December 7, 2017 08:44

Any of you lot see Mick crash the VIP lounge before the first Paris show?

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: December 7, 2017 09:32

timbernardis
Adams
yes, many extra cameras

plexi

In paris 3, there were a cameraman between the catwalk and the fence (where I was). I have discussed with him a very little bit, and he told me he was filming for a DVD, but the release were not decided yet.

There were also a camera on a big rope over the No Filter Pit.

Another cameraman man on the opposite of the catwalk, it means at least three extra cameras (two cameramen and the big rope).

Date: December 7, 2017 10:17

Oh but maybe u meant u met her at the dive, not the gig?

Yeah Little Queenie was sitting on a couch back at the dive after the third show ...
good ta speak with her ... gentle soul that she is ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: December 7, 2017 13:57

RiffKichards
timbernardis
Adams
yes, many extra cameras

plexi

In paris 3, there were a cameraman between the catwalk and the fence (where I was). I have discussed with him a very little bit, and he told me he was filming for a DVD, but the release were not decided yet.

There were also a camera on a big rope over the No Filter Pit.

Another cameraman man on the opposite of the catwalk, it means at least three extra cameras (two cameramen and the big rope).

On Oct 22nd there was also an additional cameraman on stage on the right side. While normally Keith would play Sympathy and Satisfaction solos on the catwalk this time he did them in front of that extra camera

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: December 7, 2017 14:50

I would have thought that they would know the tour and in particular the Paris Shows were absolute blinders and would be very keen to get them out to the general public..???

Date: December 7, 2017 17:40

Rockman
Oh but maybe u meant u met her at the dive, not the gig?

Yeah Little Queenie was sitting on a couch back at the dive after the third show ...
good ta speak with her ... gentle soul that she is ...

yeah, she said it was at the band's hotel [4 Seasons/St. George?] and that u and yer wife were there. She also said that at the bar were Darryl, Bernard, Chuck, Tim Ries, Keith's daughter Theodora, lead singer of Cage the Elephant and Matt Lee. I will b sure to go to the band's hotel after one of the UK shows next year.

plexi

Date: December 7, 2017 17:42

guyrachel
I would have thought that they would know the tour and in particular the Paris Shows were absolute blinders and would be very keen to get them out to the general public..???

what are blinders or what does that mean? Just that they were great shows?

plexi

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 7, 2017 18:05

timbernardis
guyrachel

what are blinders or what does that mean? Just that they were great shows?

plexi

[idioms.thefreedictionary.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: December 7, 2017 18:26

play a blinder
To do something exceptionally well and with a great amount of skill. Primarily heard in UK.

plexi

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2120
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home