Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 27, 2021 14:51

Seemingly this thread has undergone a major overhaul...

Date: July 27, 2021 16:50

Okay, my pick of lead/solo by Eric (somebody asked upthread yesterday but the post was swept into the bin):

Crossroads — the birth of the definitive guitar solo that starts and ends it all.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 27, 2021 17:19

I will delete anything here not related to Eric Clapton. Also, I don't want to see any more comments on his take on the pandemic. There is a separate thread related to covid-19.

It took me A LOT OF TIME to clean up the offensive mess here, all sorts of political rubbish, insults, endless discussions and name calling. Respect please.

Bjornulf

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 27, 2021 17:20

Does anybody like Clapton’s tone when he started using the EC signature Strat with the active pickups?

Date: July 27, 2021 17:29

More Hot Rocks
Does anybody like Clapton’s tone when he started using the EC signature Strat with the active pickups?

Good question. I didn’t like it when he started using it in the late 80’s, but I’m used to it now. Again, it is what it is.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: July 27, 2021 18:14

bv
I will delete anything here not related to Eric Clapton. Also, I don't want to see any more comments on his take on the pandemic. There is a separate thread related to covid-19.

It took me A LOT OF TIME to clean up the offensive mess here, all sorts of political rubbish, insults, endless discussions and name calling. Respect please.

As always, many thanks and much respect, bv.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 27, 2021 19:28

In short: fcuk Eric Claptrap

jb

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 27, 2021 20:01

RisingStone
Seemingly this thread has undergone a major overhaul...

Good. Because I don't come here to read political rants by anybody, regardless from whatever side of the spectrum.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: July 27, 2021 20:54

Hard to pick a best solo, always liked his Cocaine solo on Just One Night.

(Second solo is by Albert Lee)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-27 20:55 by skytrench.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 27, 2021 20:57

More Hot Rocks
If I lived in a fair and perfect world I would want EC playing a Gibson Sunburst Les Paul plugged into 2 stacks of Marshall's with the volume blasting . Nothing is finer than EC during Cream !

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: July 27, 2021 21:13

Eric and Duane Allman at their best... and play it LOUD!

Date: July 27, 2021 22:02

Favourite solo? Definitely this one from 1966.

[youtu.be]

Date: July 28, 2021 05:04

Brownie/Blackie vs. E.C. Signature Strat — it is a bit like the vintage Stones vs. the modern Stones, isn’t it? My suggestion to the fans of either artist is, “get over it folks!”

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 28, 2021 06:17

RisingStone
Brownie/Blackie vs. E.C. Signature Strat — it is a bit like the vintage Stones vs. the modern Stones, isn’t it? My suggestion to the fans of either artist is, “get over it folks!”

Get over what? We are talking guitar tones and solos. There is nothing to get over

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: July 28, 2021 07:22

I think by your comment Rising Stone you were referring to the post above where someone asked if anyone liked Eric’s sound when he was using Lace Sensor pickups? For my part I liked it especially with the Soldano amps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-28 07:36 by terraplane.

Date: July 28, 2021 07:46

Cooltoplady
RisingStone

Get over what? We are talking guitar tones and solos. There is nothing to get over

E.C. Signature Strat (1988-present) and the modern Stones (1989-present) have something in common in that they are, as it were, update versions of each asset and modernization with the aid of the latest technology in order to adapt to the contemporary needs. Fans, especially old timers, often miss the old days and mourn the loss of the vintage Strat or Stones. However, Eric has been using this cutting-age tool and the Stones have stayed that way for more than thirty years, another parallel between them. It won’t change — fans’ grievance notwithstanding. Then, accept the fact and move on — get over it — and enjoy things as they are. Time waits for no one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-28 08:06 by RisingStone.

smileys with beerRe: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Date: July 28, 2021 13:44

DandelionPowderman
Favourite solo? Definitely this one from 1966.

[youtu.be]
That is killer and shows your good taste

Date: July 28, 2021 13:58

terraplane
I think by your comment Rising Stone you were referring to the post above where someone asked if anyone liked Eric’s sound when he was using Lace Sensor pickups? For my part I liked it especially with the Soldano amps
Big time and loved it far better than the weak Fender Noiseless Pickups which to my ears sound thin and weak . Lace Sensors with the Soldano amps was a killer combo . I know the purists were horrified and offended with the non vintage and non twangy sound ,but darn it was music to my ears for sure big time . This past May I installed a set of Lace Sensors in my Mary Kay ash body Custom Shop Stratamacaster (pun intended ) which is a blue in the neck which is a humbucker sound , silver in the neck which is a 70's style single coil sound , and a red in the bridge which is a hotter than hell humbucker sound to rock out on . The problem is that I have my Marshall 2555X's dialed in for my Les Paul's and there ThroBak 101 Plus pickups and that is just to perfect for the tone and that tone has me whopped and spoiled rotten .

Date: July 28, 2021 14:05

RisingStone
Cooltoplady
RisingStone

E.C. Signature Strat (1988-present) and the modern Stones (1989-present) have something in common in that they are, as it were, update versions of each asset and modernization with the aid of the latest technology in order to adapt to the contemporary needs. Fans, especially old timers, often miss the old days and mourn the loss of the vintage Strat or Stones. However, Eric has been using this cutting-age tool and the Stones have stayed that way for more than thirty years, another parallel between them. It won’t change — fans’ grievance notwithstanding. Then, accept the fact and move on — get over it — and enjoy things as they are. Time waits for no one.
But and Major but -the Stones are still using vintage guitars and amps . Keith uses nothing newer than the 70's for his stringed instruments and his amps are vintage late 50's small panel Fender Tweed amps and Ronnie does use a lot of vintage instruments along with some more modern ones for instance his ESP guitars along with his early 90's Fender Custom Shop Vibro Kings which are modern era with golden era designs with a tweak or 2 from the fine folks at Fender . Last we forget about Daryl Jones the bassist who is using a vintage Ampeg bass rig with his Fender style basses and Fender basses . The Stones led by Keith are pure vintage instrument enthusists and it shows in there music .

Date: July 28, 2021 14:16

TheGreek
terraplane
Big time and loved it far better than the weak Fender Noiseless Pickups which to my ears sound thin and weak . Lace Sensors with the Soldano amps was a killer combo . I know the purists were horrified and offended with the non vintage and non twangy sound ,but darn it was music to my ears for sure big time . This past May I installed a set of Lace Sensors in my Mary Kay ash body Custom Shop Stratamacaster (pun intended ) which is a blue in the neck which is a humbucker sound , silver in the neck which is a 70's style single coil sound , and a red in the bridge which is a hotter than hell humbucker sound to rock out on . The problem is that I have my Marshall 2555X's dialed in for my Les Paul's and there ThroBak 101 Plus pickups and that is just to perfect for the tone and that tone has me whopped and spoiled rotten .

Nice. You will appreciate this Greek:
The Secret to Clapton's 80s Tone video: [youtu.be]

Date: July 28, 2021 17:09

terraplane
TheGreek
terraplane

Nice. You will appreciate this Greek:
The Secret to Clapton's 80s Tone video: [youtu.be]
Very impressive . This was a very well done presentation which I enjoyed thouorly . Lots of Food for thought in the never ending quest for tone . I thought the gentleman James Deprato that was playing did outstanding in capturing the essence of EC tone , which without someone playing at that level it goes in the trash . Really good job on the gentleman that narrated the video as well . Just very well done and this picques ones brain and ears .For that I Thank You and really appreciated this tutoral smiling smiley

Date: July 28, 2021 20:12

TheGreek
RisingStone
Cooltoplady
RisingStone

But and Major but -the Stones are still using vintage guitars and amps . Keith uses nothing newer than the 70's for his stringed instruments and his amps are vintage late 50's small panel Fender Tweed amps and Ronnie does use a lot of vintage instruments along with some more modern ones for instance his ESP guitars along with his early 90's Fender Custom Shop Vibro Kings which are modern era with golden era designs with a tweak or 2 from the fine folks at Fender . Last we forget about Daryl Jones the bassist who is using a vintage Ampeg bass rig with his Fender style basses and Fender basses . The Stones led by Keith are pure vintage instrument enthusists and it shows in there music .

When it comes to the modern Stones, I mean their overall approach to the music, live performances in particular, including the spectacular — and often over the top — stage set and the whole presentation of the show, rather than the mere choice of the instruments, guitars and amps etc. I’m not a techie whatsoever, but I have heard the whole procedure of the show is assisted by computer program and other technological wizardry, a stark contrast from the good old days when musicians and crew did the job in a much simpler manner. I even have seen a setlist of a modern Stones show for the sound staff in which every song title is printed with the expected running time not only to the minute but also the second! Were it not for the differences between the two eras, i.e. 1962-1982 and 1989-present, the definitions of the old (or vintage) and new (or modern) Stones would not have been born to begin with, and commonly used among the fans as they are now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-28 21:02 by RisingStone.

Date: July 28, 2021 21:01

RisingStone
TheGreek
RisingStone
Cooltoplady
RisingStone

When it comes to the modern Stones, I mean their overall approach to the music, live performances in particular, including the spectacular — and often over the top — stage set and the whole presentation of the show, rather than the mere choice of the instruments, guitars and amps etc. I’m not a techie whatsoever, but I have heard the whole procedure of the show is assisted by computer program and other technological wizardry, a stark contrast from the good old days when musicians and crew did the job in a much simpler manner. I even have seen a setlist of a modern Stones show for the sound staff in which every song title is printed with the expected length of performance time not only to the minute but also the second! Were it not for the differences between the two eras, i.e. 1962-1982 and 1989-present, the definitions of the old (or vintage) and new (or modern) Stones would not have been born to begin with, and commonly used among the fans as they are now.
So true and the setlists also include the key that the song is in including if pyro is used as well . They Dylan said "the times they are a changing "

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 29, 2021 18:42

Sooooo The Core is a good tune…

Date: August 28, 2021 00:36

New Eric Clapton tune. I like it:

This Has Gotta Stop
video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 28, 2021 00:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-28 01:00 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 28, 2021 02:00

Poor EC, he had a strong reaction to AZ and wrote a little ditty about it, pretty certain a lot of people would have signed up for that over, well...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 28, 2021 02:05

terraplane
New Eric Clapton tune. I like it:

This Has Gotta Stop
video: [youtu.be]

this is neither the place to talk about the lyrics or the message of that song. But from a purely musical perspective: no one will remember that songs, just poor music

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 28, 2021 02:44

song is pretty boring.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 28, 2021 03:03

Eric Clapton has been pretty boring.

jb

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home