Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950Next
Current Page: 48 of 50
Re: OT: Neil Young stuff
Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: February 21, 2024 01:43

I'm very confused about this tour and the only thing I can think of is that Neil Young will be touring SOLO after the NYCH tour. Neil had mentioned coming to 'BC SOON' and more Canadian shows.

However, Micah Nelson said he doesn't think NYCH will be touring the PNW this year. Just a heads up, for people wanting to see NYCH specifically and were waiting for more shows in that area this year.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 21, 2024 02:43

I’ll take any version of Neil I get but preferably with the Horse.
Where did you see the “BC Soon” comment Beasty?

Date: February 21, 2024 04:45

Paddy

From NYA

It's open for interpretation, however this seems to imply BC area (I would think)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-21 04:46 by BeastyBurdeny.

Date: February 21, 2024 07:44

BeastyBurdeny
Paddy

From NYA

It's open for interpretation, however this seems to imply BC area (I would think)

It certainly does, I did a quick search on NYA & Thrashers before posting here and couldn’t find anything so thanks.

Date: February 21, 2024 08:07

Paddy
BeastyBurdeny
Paddy

From NYA

It certainly does, I did a quick search on NYA & Thrashers before posting here and couldn’t find anything so thanks.

No sweat! Hopefully we get some clarity on more tour dates soon.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 21, 2024 09:24

BeastyBurdeny
Paddy
BeastyBurdeny
Paddy

From NYA

No sweat! Hopefully we get some clarity on more tour dates soon.

Neil on Pender Island BC. You heard it here first! winking smiley

Date: February 21, 2024 09:44

Only slightly Neil related, but Lukas Nelson & POTR had their truck full of gear stolen outside of a hotel in Seattle Monday night.

The good news is they found the truck the next day with most of the gear there, intact. What was still missing was insured and easily replaceable (mixing board, pedals).

Same thing happened with The Brian Jonestown Massacre in Portland, Oregon about 2 years ago, and they ended up getting most of it back a week or so later. (We're talking rare and expensive electric 12-strings).

Captain Hindsight here, saying: "Don't leave rare or expensive gear in a trailer or truck outside unattended overnight!"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2024 10:39

mosthigh
Only slightly Neil related, but Lukas Nelson & POTR had their truck full of gear stolen outside of a hotel in Seattle Monday night.

Same thing happened with The Brian Jonestown Massacre in Portland, Oregon about 2 years ago

Logical conclusion : do not defund the police or do not play in cities where Antifas rule? cool smiley

Date: March 1, 2024 00:25

Neil & CH Canadian dates added:

Monday, July 8, 2024 Toronto, ON Budweiser Stage
Thursday, July 11, 2024* Ottawa, ON Ottawa Blues Fest
Saturday, July 13, 2024* London, ON Rock The Park
Wednesday, July 17, 2024 Winnipeg, MB Blue Cross Park
Saturday, July 20, 2024 Edmonton, AB ICE District
Sunday, July 21, 2024 Calgary, AB Fort Calgary
Tuesday, July 23, 2024 Vancouver, BC Deer Lake Park

www.instagram.com/neilyoungarchives/

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 1, 2024 04:05

How about some Crazy Horse in the Bay Area and PNW?!!?

Date: March 1, 2024 22:52

@Beasty: We got our show!!!!

Date: March 1, 2024 23:13

Paddy
@Beasty: We got our show!!!!

Hell yes!!!! smileys with beer

Date: March 2, 2024 03:49

Unconfirmed, but I saw the ticket price for Burnaby was $106. Probably before fees, but if true, that ain't bad.

Date: March 2, 2024 03:54

mosthigh
Unconfirmed, but I saw the ticket price for Burnaby was $106. Probably before fees, but if true, that ain't bad.

That's really decent, if so. I was getting ready for it to be 200 before fees. I wonder if they'll add a second Burnaby show. It's the last show of the Canadian leg and it's a fairly small venue, compared to the other outdoor amphitheatres on the tour.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 2, 2024 05:14

dcba
mosthigh

Same thing happened with The Brian Jonestown Massacre in Portland, Oregon about 2 years ago

Logical conclusion : do not defund the police or do not play in cities where Antifas rule? cool smiley

This happens everywhere. Do not leave trucks unattended / bring guitars and important stuff into your room.

Date: March 2, 2024 06:22

BeastyBurdeny
mosthigh

That's really decent, if so. I was getting ready for it to be 200 before fees. I wonder if they'll add a second Burnaby show. It's the last show of the Canadian leg and it's a fairly small venue, compared to the other outdoor amphitheatres on the tour.

I was thinking the same about a second show. Deer Lake only holds about 9000. When they played in 2012 Rogers Arena was packed, albeit with support from Los Lobos and The Sadies.

The show with POTR in 2014 at Rogers', on the other hand, was not so well attended, (I blame lack of promo) so we'll see how it goes.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 2, 2024 19:22

dcba
mosthigh

Actual conclusion:
In both instances the police recovered all the stolen gear.
In Seattle, less than 24 hours, in time for the show smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 2, 2024 19:44

Booked a room walking distance to Deer Lake Park for the show, used to live not far from there a lifetime ago, but not familiar with the concert venue.
Anyone been? Looking forward to this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-02 19:44 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 3, 2024 00:57

MisterDDDD
Booked a room walking distance to Deer Lake Park for the show, used to live not far from there a lifetime ago, but not familiar with the concert venue.

It's basically a big field/hill, not massive by any means. Leaving by transit can be a bit of a shit show, so it's good you are close by. I can't imagine there will be delineation of seating (will likely be all GA). People generally stand near the front or sit on a blanket higher up on the hill. There are overpriced food trucks and drink vendors near the back, along with porta potties. Hope that helps, Mike!

Date: March 3, 2024 01:06

mosthigh
BeastyBurdeny
mosthigh

I was thinking the same about a second show. Deer Lake only holds about 9000. When they played in 2012 Rogers Arena was packed, albeit with support from Los Lobos and The Sadies.

The show with POTR in 2014 at Rogers', on the other hand, was not so well attended, (I blame lack of promo) so we'll see how it goes.

Was this the show that was moved from the Queen Elizabeth to Rogers? I can’t remember if it was an honour the treaties show or something along those lines.

Date: March 3, 2024 01:09

BeastyBurdeny
MisterDDDD

It's basically a big field/hill, not massive by any means. Leaving by transit can be a bit of a shit show, so it's good you are close by. I can't imagine there will be delineation of seating (will likely be all GA). People generally stand near the front or sit on a blanket higher up on the hill. There are overpriced food trucks and drink vendors near the back, along with porta potties. Hope that helps, Mike!

I guess it will be the same layout as the Blues fest each year?

Date: March 3, 2024 01:46

BeastyBurdeny
MisterDDDD

Yes it states on TM that it will be all GA, no seats.

Date: March 3, 2024 02:28

mosthigh
BeastyBurdeny
MisterDDDD

Sorry, I didn't think there would, but wondered if they would section of an area at the front and call it VIP standing area... in true ticketmaster/live nation tradition. It doesn't seem to be the case, hopefully.

Date: March 3, 2024 07:33

BeastyBurdeny
mosthigh
BeastyBurdeny
MisterDDDD

Sorry, I didn't think there would, but wondered if they would section of an area at the front and call it VIP standing area... in true ticketmaster/live nation tradition. It doesn't seem to be the case, hopefully.

Neil can have it how he wants. He said for the 2012 tour (and others), he wanted GA floor at all venues, and would double check the morning of ticket sales just to make sure, because some venues would balk at this.

Date: March 4, 2024 23:14

Snagged tickets to Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. Can't wait smileys with beer

Date: March 5, 2024 02:25

BeastyBurdeny
Snagged tickets to Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. Can't wait smileys with beer

I checked the NYA ticket link for prices for Burnaby (Vancouver). Approx $125 including fees, yes? Seems like there's no pit for this venue, unlike most others.

Date: March 5, 2024 05:36

mosthigh
BeastyBurdeny

I checked the NYA ticket link for prices for Burnaby (Vancouver). Approx $125 including fees, yes? Seems like there's no pit for this venue, unlike most others.

Came to 127.50 all in. No pit, thankfully.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: March 5, 2024 07:46

Someone mentioned a rumor of Pacific Northwest. Any additional rumblings about that?

Date: March 5, 2024 21:07

cyclist
Someone mentioned a rumor of Pacific Northwest. Any additional rumblings about that?

There's been no strong indication of this. Just conjecture so far. It's possible he'll add shows after the Canadian leg of the tour, but not guaranteed.

Date: March 6, 2024 10:47

So anyone got a code for the Live Nation presale today for Burnaby?

The code for the previous presale dates was ENERGY.

KEY might also be worth a try.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-06 10:58 by mosthigh.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950Next
Current Page: 48 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1691
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home