Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849Next
Current Page: 44 of 49
Re: OT: Neil Young stuff
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 10, 2023 13:58

The drive is too much for me at this point but if you were up for it I would highly recommend the venue in Bend OR. It's the best outdoor venue I've been to. Holds about 8,000 & was designed super well. I went there for NIN last summer & would go there again if I were able.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 14, 2023 20:14

Just got my tix for San Diego. A stress-free purchase because I don’t need to be up front for Neil. I just want to listen to his glorious music.

Wish the Stones would do this too:

Important event info. To give fans the best chance to buy tickets at face value, the artist has requested tickets to this event be mobile only and restricted from transfer. If you purchase a ticket and can’t attend, you can list your ticket for sale at the price you paid on our Face Value Ticket Exchange. Exchange sellers must have a US or CAN bank account to accept payment.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2023 23:34

BeastyBurdeny
Neil Young tour announced: https://pitchfork.com/news/neil-young-announces-first-tour-since-2019/

Neil Young:

07-01 Los Angeles, CA - John Anson Ford
07-02 Los Angeles, CA - John Anson Ford
07-04 Los Angeles, CA - John Anson Ford
07-05 Los Angeles, CA - John Anson Ford
07-07 Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl
07-08 Paso Robles, CA - Vina Robles Amphitheatre
07-11 San Diego, CA - The Shell
07-13 Los Angeles, CA - The Greek Theatre
07-15 Berkeley, CA - The Greek
07-17 Bend, OR - Hayden Homes Amphitheater
07-18 Ridgefield, WA - RV Inn Style Resorts Amphitheater
07-20 Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
07-23 Napa, CA - Oxbow RiverStage

Another show has just been added to the Greek Theater in L.A. on July 10th.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 15, 2023 01:07

I'm going to the Auburn show. Can't wait... haven't seen Neil since 2010

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 15, 2023 06:39

BeastyBurdeny

Have a great time Beasty! Looking forward to your review!

Date: June 15, 2023 11:06

Paddy
BeastyBurdeny

Have a great time Beasty! Looking forward to your review!

Thank you! smileys with beercool smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 15, 2023 14:28

Doing only Oxbow. He waited too long to announce this and my dance card is booked. I get home from a 10 days trip 18 hours before doors open at Oxbow. I have Greek Theater in Berkeley and Oxbow extras bought for me if anyone looking.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 1, 2023 18:58

Neil Young Releasing Long-Lost 1977 Album Chrome Dreams Next Month

Artwork Ronnie Wood

[www.stereogum.com]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: July 2, 2023 00:53

Neil Young June 30, 2023 Los Angeles Set List:

1. "I'm the Ocean" (From Mirror Ball, 1995)
2. "Homefires" (From Archives Vol. II, 2020)
3. "Burned" (From Buffalo Springfield, 1966)
4. "On the Way Home" (From Last Time Around, 1968)
5. "If You Got Love"
6. "My Heart" (From Sleeps With Angels, 1994)
7. "A Dream That Can Last" (From Sleeps With Angels, 1994)
8. "Song X" (From Mirror Ball, 1995)
9. "Prime of Life" (From Sleeps With Angels, 1994)
10. "When I Hold You in My Arms" (From Are You Passionate?, 2002)
11. "Mother Earth (Natural Anthem)" (From Ragged Glory, 1990)
12. "Ohio" (Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young single, 1970)
13. "Days That Used to Be" (From Ragged Glory, 1990)
14. "Don't Forget Love" (From Barn, 2021)
15. "Heart of Gold" (From Harvest, 1972)
16. "Love Earth" (From World Record, 2022)
17. "Four Strong Winds" (Ian and Sylvia cover)

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2023 01:12

Great to know, Neil continues to roll.

Photo: Steve Appleford

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: July 2, 2023 02:53

Electric guitar amps on stage. Ohio?

Date: July 2, 2023 03:10

RnT
Electric guitar amps on stage. Ohio?

yeah, he played electric on Ohio and a couple others I think. Lots of videos on YouTube from last night. Curious how different/similar the setlist for tonights show will be

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 2, 2023 08:33

Glad Neil is back out there. Much happier with the show I saw him do in 2018 solo where he just picked up any instrument and played a classic tune, at least for the money you spend, but part of the charm of Neil is not knowing if he'll be in full hits mode or obscure mode. Was the charm of a Lou Reed as well. So while on paper it doesn't do much for me, I could see him pulling it off and hope it sounded great. At this point, just happy with whatever he feels passion enough to do, he's more than earned that right. He full on said what this run would be, so keep on doing what you're doing Neil.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 2, 2023 19:54

Ohio! I'd love to hear the whole in person, did catch a snippet of it once when Neil was with CSN in Columbus, OH.

Eagerly awaiting more reports from live shows...

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: July 3, 2023 08:48

Nice to see that Neil has finally seen sense and let go of all that Covid craziness he was hanging onto long after the vast majority had seen sense. Ballsy setlist as well. I like it.....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 4, 2023 14:35

The June 30 gig has been taped and is upped at Dime.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 4, 2023 15:56

dcba
The June 30 gig has been taped and is upped at Dime.

Every one of these will be recorded.

Date: July 4, 2023 18:28

Question, for those who have the NYA, how do the shows work on there? I saw one of his solo Philly shows in 2018 and I believe it says both are on the NYA? I assume as a pro recorded thing? Is that only available for stream there? Can you download from the site or anywhere people think someone might have? I have a great bootleg from the night, but obviously pro audio would be great, and I'd gladly pay Neil for it, just don't in any way know how that works. Seems like a waste if a bunch of shows are JUST available there, although I could understand that keeps it exclusive. Seems so limiting to only be able to listen there though...

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 5, 2023 18:20

There's a message for the Stones in Neil's set list for his current shows.

Date: July 6, 2023 04:37

RollingFreak
Question, for those who have the NYA, how do the shows work on there? I saw one of his solo Philly shows in 2018 and I believe it says both are on the NYA? I assume as a pro recorded thing? Is that only available for stream there? Can you download from the site or anywhere people think someone might have? I have a great bootleg from the night, but obviously pro audio would be great, and I'd gladly pay Neil for it, just don't in any way know how that works. Seems like a waste if a bunch of shows are JUST available there, although I could understand that keeps it exclusive. Seems so limiting to only be able to listen there though...

It’s a pain, you’ll have to make your own track cuts afterwards, but there is software you can get to capture the audio/video of a steam.

I haven’t subscribed since 2020 to the NYA so not sure and can’t check for you if there is an option for downloading. I’m guessing not given it’s a subscription service.

Date: July 6, 2023 05:54

Paddy
RollingFreak

It’s a pain, you’ll have to make your own track cuts afterwards, but there is software you can get to capture the audio/video of a steam.

I haven’t subscribed since 2020 to the NYA so not sure and can’t check for you if there is an option for downloading. I’m guessing not given it’s a subscription service.

Gotcha, that all makes sense. I wouldn't be shocked it would all come out as one track, and I'd have no problem separating. Again, would gladly pay Neil for it, as I'd love a pro audio version, but having a membership where I could stream it whenever I want, for me, isn't personally gonna make me listen to it more frequently. I'd need it on a personal drive or something so I could throw it onto my stereo at will with the rest of my music library. If anyone knows how to go about getting it I'm still looking, though since its an acoustic show the bootleg I have is more than sufficient.

Date: July 6, 2023 14:16

I listened to night 1 & it wasn't bad. I'm going to have to miss the show here due to health stuff & accompanying finacial stuff. Show seemed kind of short but I've seen that with Neil solo shows before.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 6, 2023 16:10

Im The Ocean is quite an extraordinary song : the same 4 chords (Em G C D) repeated over and over again and nothing else.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 12, 2023 10:47

Saw Neil Young at the Rady Shell in San Diego last night. This venue, designed for the San Diego Symphony, opened just two years ago. This was my first concert there. It is a truly lovely venue with the harbor and sunset to the left and the city skyline to the right. I look forward to seeing more concerts there in the future. Really stunning venue.

As for Neil, it really is a solo tour. Only Neil on stage with two pianos, one pipe organ, various harmonicas, one or two electric guitars and at least a half dozen acoustic guitars. He is a marvelous musician and his singing voice is same as ever. He loved the acoustics on stage. He said “somebody was thinking about music” so whoever designed it should consider that very high praise.

Extremely deep cuts. He kept acknowledging that most people didn’t know most of those songs. He said we didn’t know them because he “hadn’t done much with them” but “there’s nothing wrong with them, they were just in the kennel with the other songs.”

The two best-known songs he did were Ohio and Heart of Gold. He also sang You’re like a Hurricane . . . on the pipe organ! Very interesting arrangement for that song.

I was pretty far back, so I couldn’t see if there was a railing next to the stage, but he seemed puzzled as to why the symphony would need to be separated from the audience that way. He said, “Let’s see what happens when The Rolling Stones come here . . . in 1968.”

Bottom line: if you’re a Neil Young fan, you will enjoy this concert. It was a little short, but it was well worth being there.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: July 13, 2023 19:50

JadedFaded
Saw Neil Young at the Rady Shell in San Diego last night. This venue, designed for the San Diego Symphony, opened just two years ago. This was my first concert there. It is a truly lovely venue with the harbor and sunset to the left and the city skyline to the right. I look forward to seeing more concerts there in the future. Really stunning venue.

As for Neil, it really is a solo tour. Only Neil on stage with two pianos, one pipe organ, various harmonicas, one or two electric guitars and at least a half dozen acoustic guitars. He is a marvelous musician and his singing voice is same as ever. He loved the acoustics on stage. He said “somebody was thinking about music” so whoever designed it should consider that very high praise.

Extremely deep cuts. He kept acknowledging that most people didn’t know most of those songs. He said we didn’t know them because he “hadn’t done much with them” but “there’s nothing wrong with them, they were just in the kennel with the other songs.”

The two best-known songs he did were Ohio and Heart of Gold. He also sang You’re like a Hurricane . . . on the pipe organ! Very interesting arrangement for that song.

I was pretty far back, so I couldn’t see if there was a railing next to the stage, but he seemed puzzled as to why the symphony would need to be separated from the audience that way. He said, “Let’s see what happens when The Rolling Stones come here . . . in 1968.”

Bottom line: if you’re a Neil Young fan, you will enjoy this concert. It was a little short, but it was well worth being there.

Good review.

We went Monday night at the Greek in LA. Very enjoyable; nice to check in with Neil for the first time since Desert Trip.

He did play in Comes A Time on Monday; starting to mix in a few more from the vault.

Like a Hurricane on that pipe organ sounds…intriguing.

Hope to check out that venue in SD one of these days; we walked by it last month on the way to Petco for a Padres game while staying at one of the adjacent hotels. Looks interesting…

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: July 13, 2023 19:58

Neil Young 'Like a Hurricane' 07/11/2023 San Diego, Ca

video: [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-13 19:59 by Zotz.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: July 13, 2023 21:07

jmd

Hope to check out that venue in SD one of these days; we walked by it last month on the way to Petco for a Padres game while staying at one of the adjacent hotels. Looks interesting…

The Rady Shell is a nice venue. I’ve seen a few shows there including Neil on Tuesday. Good sound and location. I recommend it.

Date: July 14, 2023 10:20

I wonder if after this run of solo dates he will head out with POTR like he did in 2019. Didn’t Micah mention something about “maybe going out Neil” a while back in some interview?

Date: July 14, 2023 11:33

Paddy
I wonder if after this run of solo dates he will head out with POTR like he did in 2019. Didn’t Micah mention something about “maybe going out Neil” a while back in some interview?

If you haven't listened to it, I highly recommend Particle Kid's (Micah's) recort from last you "Time Capsule". There's a bit too much of it but it was 1 of my favorite records last year. Micah is a huge talent. I saw him open for the Flaming Lips & he brings it live. He also played guitar with the Lips on one song. Really great stuff.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 14, 2023 19:22

Got 2 tix in the very last row for $21.82 last night

[ijwthstd.blogspot.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849Next
Current Page: 44 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home