Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:10

kevos
working at the o2 this weekend. I will ask around backstage if that is the planned venue then again we will all know on monday
thumbs up

Date: February 23, 2018 17:11

Stonesfan2146
I'm really excited - last tour was great with Hamburg being my home town and the tour opener plus Spielberg (with mud but huge concert) and Lucca (simply beautiful); it was a great time and I have so many good memories.
I plan to do three shows with my father and a few friends, maybe Berlin, Prague and Warsaw. That will be at the end of the tour this time where they are wamed up.

Thank you to Bv for all the great work at this point! You are truely adding your not so small bit to the Rolling Stones' legacy. When I briefly met you last year I couldn't really say that as I'm a rather shy and introverted person.

A full new tour in sight with announcement in a few days, all Stones healthy and in good shape and it's 2018 - thats as good as it gets pre concert!

I wish you all the best in the next days of booking and arranging around the dates.

thumbs up

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:17

I'm going to be in the UK and Munich in the middle of June; hoping I can get to at least one show...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:37

Stop press and hold page, er 37 - the Stones are coming to Chipping Sodbury. This sign has just appeared in town...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:39

Silver Dagger
Stop press and hold page, er 37 - the Stones are coming to Chipping Sodbury. This sign has just appeared in town...

grinning smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:41

StonesSmeth99
Is there still a chance that they will do Stuttgart on 23/6 (on the way down to Marseille) and Berlin on 30/6 (then on to CZ, PL), which seems to make more sense logistically?

I hope not personally . Planning a trip to Berlin and on to Marseille with my wife. Hotels booked, just waiting on confirmation of dates to sort ot flights. I can't do it the other was around.

Usually if BV puts a specific date to a show, he's not just guessing. That's why we are waiting on Birmingham , Southampton , Edinburgh etc.

sc uk

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:44

I too, hope that Berlin is on the 23rd and Stuttgart the 30th. I cannot make the one on the 23rd and would love to visit a new city.

Still prepared for both Berlin and Stuttgart for the 30th though.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:51

grzegorz67
Gazza
grzegorz67
Gazza
Topi
It's not the resident's decision in Dublin is it? They can meet all the want but it's the council that has final say.

We might see a tour announced sans Dublin on Monday. Or with Dublin TBC.

Thats correct. Obviously there WILL be objections (there'll be people who will object to ANY concert in their neighbourhood) but its the councils who weigh it all up and make the decision on the licencing application.

Likewise with Twickenham.

And so too Murrayfield, which only hosts 2 or 3 shows a year.

Of course - same with every outdoor show - although what I was emphasising was that Croke Park and Twickenham are the only shows (that we know of) were there appears to be an issue with getting a licence approved because theyve exceeded the maximum number of shows allowed.

Murrayfield and Twickenham (and perhaps Croke Park too) are in upmarket residential areas with strong local objections and usually place a strict limit on the number of concerts that can be held there. There's never an issue with the likes of Hampden, Wembley or the Principality as they are all well used venues and a gig is just another event to add to the many so water off a duck's back to the locals.

Historically there was definitely a limit with the old Wembley (id assume its the same with the new one). I think it was something like 10-12 shows per year and always under the condition that there was a 10.30 curfew. Twickenham's curfew time was the same when the Stones played there (they even cut a show short in 2006 after starting late so as not to breach it!)

These things never usually come up as an issue until the agreed number of shows per year get breached, which is very rare as there arent many acts who can fill stadiums in the British Isles. I would imagine theres a limited amount of gigs for pretty much any stadium thats in a residential area - its just that it rarely tends to be an issue because there arent that many.

PS - the Aviva Stadium would be a bit more 'upmarket' area wise than Croke!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 17:57 by Gazza.

Date: February 23, 2018 17:54

Monsoon Ragoon
A tour without Spain/Portugal, Netherlands/Belgium and Scandinavia. That's pretty strange. Reality or will there be one, two surprises until early next week?

Not really considering it was originally supposed to be just a UK tour and unlike the UK those places have had a few Stones shows in the last 4 years.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:57

Gazza
grzegorz67
Gazza
grzegorz67
Gazza
Topi
It's not the resident's decision in Dublin is it? They can meet all the want but it's the council that has final say.

Thats correct. Obviously there WILL be objections (there'll be people who will object to ANY concert in their neighbourhood) but its the councils who weigh it all up and make the decision on the licencing application.

Of course - same with every outdoor show - although what I was emphasising was that Croke Park and Twickenham are the only shows (that we know of) were there appears to be an issue with getting a licence approved because theyve exceeded the maximum number of shows allowed.

Murrayfield and Twickenham (and perhaps Croke Park too) are in upmarket residential areas with strong local objections and usually place a strict limit on the number of concerts that can be held there. There's never an issue with the likes of Hampden, Wembley or the Principality as they are all well used venues and a gig is just another event to add to the many so water off a duck's back to the locals.

Historically there was definitely a limit with the old Wembley (id assume its the same with the new one). I think it was something like 10-12 shows per year and always under the condition that there was a 10.30 curfew. Twickenham's curfew time was the same when the Stones played there (they even cut a show short in 2006 after starting late so as not to breach it!)

These things never usually come up as an issue until the agreed number of shows per year get breached, which is very rare as there arent many acts who can fill stadiums in the British Isles. I would imagine theres a limited amount of gigs for pretty much any stadium thats in a residential area - its just that it rarely tends to be an issue because there arent that many.

Both Twickenham 06 shows (and all other European shows after Porto and the Spanish cancellations) had 19 songs.

Date: February 23, 2018 18:03

they had indeed - because historically when they start playing less songs per show, it rarely goes back up again.

But the first Twickenham show started later than anticipated solely because of the weather. They shortened it by one song precisely for that reason and so they could finish for 10.30. They then kept that 19-song length for the rest of the tour

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 23, 2018 18:06

Quique-stone

Wanna see here your own pics if possible.

His pic was already posted here: [iorr.org] .... smiling smiley

Date: February 23, 2018 18:10

From a known French promoter:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 23, 2018 18:13

Gazza
they had indeed - because historically when they start playing less songs per show, it rarely goes back up again.

But the first Twickenham show started later than anticipated solely because of the weather. They shortened it by one song precisely for that reason and so they could finish for 10.30. They then kept that 19-song length for the rest of the tour

It's not unusual that they play one song less towards the end of a tour leg. See Frankfurt 82, where two songs were dropped never to be played again (but with the addition of Angie, it was only one song less in most of the later shows). I think in Twickenham I it might have had more to do with saving Jagger's voice. But the curfew might have played a role also. Important places sometimes get one additional song like Amsterdam 03, not one less.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 18:15 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 18:16

Gazza
grzegorz67
Gazza
grzegorz67
Gazza
Topi

PS - the Aviva Stadium would be a bit more 'upmarket' area wise than Croke!

There's been a strict 10.30 Curfew for all outdoor concerts in Greater London for several decades. Just ask Bruce Springsteen grinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 23, 2018 18:20

Seen a couple shots of this version of the signs.. slightly more subdued shade of yellow and lines.. which would be nice imo.. Obviously could be the camera or a .. filter winking smiley Perhaps the fully transformed version? (this one from London)

[twitter.com]

Date: February 23, 2018 18:20

grzegorz67

There's been a strict 10.30 Curfew for all outdoor concerts in Greater London for several decades. Just ask Bruce Springsteen grinning smiley

Or Paul McCartney in 2012 .... [www.Telegraph.co.uk] , [www.BBC.com] .

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: February 23, 2018 18:25

grzegorz67
Gazza
grzegorz67
Gazza
Topi

Given its capacity, city centre location and lack of local residents issues, it would make it even more strange if the Principality Stadium doesn't get a show.

Date: February 23, 2018 18:25

MisterDDDD

Seen a couple shots of this version of the signs.. slightly more subdued shade of yellow and lines.. which would be nice imo.. Obviously could be the camera or a .. filter winking smiley

Compare it here: [iorr.org] .

Date: February 23, 2018 18:26

Another sign in Dublin:

[twitter.com]

Date: February 23, 2018 18:35

Cristiano Radtke

Another sign in Dublin:

Same like here (2nd from below): [iorr.org] -- with the grey metal box as well as the cracks in the wall ....

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 23, 2018 18:40

StonesSmeth99
Is there still a chance that they will do Stuttgart on 23/6 (on the way down to Marseille) and Berlin on 30/6 (then on to CZ, PL), which seems to make more sense logistically?

Check out the 2014 Europe tour schedule. Nothing made sense logistically.

Date: February 23, 2018 19:20

Irix
Quique-stone

Wanna see here your own pics if possible.

His pic was already posted here: [iorr.org] .... smiling smiley

You are right Irix! Thanks to both of you! Keep them coming! thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2018 19:21

[www.98fm.com]

** Croke Park Residents Complaining About Extra Gigs.. Told To Stop Whinging **
This morning on Dublin Talks we spoke to a resident from the Croke Park area who doesn't want more gigs taking place in the stadium this summer.

He wasn't expecting the response her got, however. Other listeners from the area who phoned in said its time to "stop whinging" and get on with it..

Things got a bit heated. Listen back here >>>>>>>>>>>

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 19:24

Topi
[www.98fm.com]

This morning on Dublin Talks we spoke to a resident from the Croke Park area who doesn't want more gigs taking place in the stadium this summer.

He wasn't expecting the response her got, however. Other listeners from the area who phoned in said its time to "stop whinging" and get on with it..

enjoyed listening to this, lots of sense was spoken and that small minority (who are at my guess middle/old age) are powerful and will do there best to stop the show happening in May

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: February 23, 2018 19:36

Marseille not n'est plus une rumeur Gerard Drouot producteur du concert Marseille... Et production très sérieuse 20 concerts avec eux 2016 et 2017 dont 2 stade de France!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 19:39 by justeillusion.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 23, 2018 19:38

Gazza
Healy52003
Irix
NickB

Sorry this may have been mentioned before but any idea of Ticket prices?

See here - but with Caution: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

holy @#$%&
€320- Cat 1
€220- Cat 2
€150- Standing

Not official prices, but secondary market prices.

There'll probably be about two or three ticket prices for standing areas alone, ranging from 'hmmm, not bad' to 'you must be f***ing joking' .

And there should be Lucky Dip tickets of course, which will be the cheapest of all and most likely double figures per ticket, not treble.

Yeah, I'm thinking the following might be about right for standing tickets:

Rear standing / GA £80-£90
Front Standing / Golden Circle £120-£140
Pit tickets £350-£450

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 23, 2018 19:40

Very few pit tickets are sold without packages.

sc uk

Date: February 23, 2018 19:41

justeillusion
Marseille not n'est plus une rumeur Gerard Drouot producteur du concert Marseille... Et production très sérieuse 20 concerts avec eux 2016 et 2017 dont 2 stade de France!

Google translate:
Marseille not is no longer a rumor GDP producer of Marseille concert ... And very serious production 20 concerts with them 2016 and 2017 including 2 stadium of France

Still didn't make sense. cool smiley

Date: February 23, 2018 19:51

Topi
[www.98fm.com]

Interesting listen.
Took a little offense when one caller and the host both basically agreed that Michael Buble' and Rolling Stones fans are the same in terms of rowdiness..
smiling smiley
Also.. Is T'ursday the same as Thursday??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 19:52 by MisterDDDD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home