Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...101102103104105106107108109110111...LastNext
Current Page: 106 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:01

slewan

as I said before: to sell out 8 shows in the UK (i.e. 400.000 tickets) one in every 165 Britions has to buy a ticket…

Well I will buy tickets to every show, I live in Norway, so that saves the British some money. Also, I have many friends like a few thousand who travel around and have the same habit as me, also many friends who live in UK, so the tickets will probably be taken by some of us more than by others and any average British person.

PS. Eevery time the Stones play in Norway, Sweden, Denmark or Finland they sell out 40,000 tickets give or take a few, to a population of 5-10 million, which makes it like 1% or 1 in 100, not a big deal, I am sure they could sell 40,000 tickets in Iceland with a population of 330,000, which would make 1 in 9.

Bjornulf

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:08

Are all the rumoured settled by now?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:09

waterrats
slewan
MisterDDDD
geordiestone
Topi
Yeah I believe they'll announce next week. Was betting on Wednesday 28th earlier but that might be off. Monday is a good day to announce, eh?
They should do it tomorrow and get us all fired up for the weekend!

Been rumoured (several sources) that the announcement will be on the 26th @9 cet
(midnight here in my US zone).. I'll be up late just in case...

I guess [doctorstonesblog.blogspot.de] had that rumor first.
But today bv mentioned that an announcement might be made tomorrow. Personally I'm not sure, but bv is a very relaiable soure (to say the least)

... tomorrow or Monday or early next week. But I too have the impression it will be tomorrow.

But pleeeze: not at 9 AM CET - that's office-working hours just beginning ... hope the boss doesn't notice, hehehe ...

I just warn them in the office that I will be busy trying to obtain tickets for the stones for the next couple of hours.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:13

textmonkey
My guess is they'll hold off the announcement until Dublin residents are locked into the deal.

You don't want to spook the (Wild) Horses.

Residents meeting is early next week. If there's one thing will scupper the gig, it's a presumptuous promoter/band.

hopefully not and its in the original announcement

The posters been up is a good sign (pardon the pun haha)

The residents may have to just deal with it and they can start by discussing it in there meeting Monday night

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:16

slewan
Gazza

There is no 'Brexit crisis'. If shows dont sell well, it'll simply be because there are too many of them and the tickets are too expensive.

10 stadium shows in the British Isles is akin to 50 stadium shows in North America. Its a tall order to sell that amount of tickets if theyre overpriced.

as I said before: to sell out 8 shows in the UK (i.e. 400.000 tickets) one in every 165 Britions has to buy a ticket…

Also equivalent to about six shows in California... give or take.
2 in LA, 2 in SF, 1 in SD, 1 in Oakland.. would sell out (fairly) easy.

None the less, I expect we'll see huge price drops from anyone trying to resell.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:18

slewan: "as I said before: to sell out 8 shows in the UK (i.e. 400.000 tickets) one in every 165 Britions has to buy a ticket…"

Even better analogies have been... According to the Voodoo Lounge tour statistics, one in every 55 Canadians had attended the Stones, then. Also one in every 58 Australians, one in every 21 New Zealanders and one in every 95 Argentinians...

But the ticket prices were different, of course...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:20

I read on Facebook that some people are already paying out money for tickets from scalpers,you could say they are gullible but lots of people don't know the ticket game and with today's marketplace it's not surprising.
Such a shame I really don't like to see people getting ripped off like that.

Nate

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:28

Nate
I read on Facebook that some people are already paying out money for tickets from scalpers,you could say they are gullible but lots of people don't know the ticket game and with today's marketplace it's not surprising.

Nate

I hear people that immediately say StubHub... they don't realize all the details, they just want the convenience of buying when they wanna buy.

Luckily, I enjoy the details and I want those tix bought or in my hands as soon as I can!

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:41

Thanks for all the updates BV.
Also thank you for helping out with my account problems earlier, really appreciate it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:49

Nate

Nate

Its amazing that after all these years that people fall for this every time.

People buying already overpriced tickets for a show attended by tens of thousands of people and trying to re-sell them for profit are mostly going to get their fingers burned. Especially for tickets in the middle or lower part of the price ranges.

Theres little done about it simply because the artist is already getting their guaranteed amount anyway and the pressure of filling the stadium passes from the promoter to the re-seller. If they're in profit, the promoter's work is done - theyve sold the ticket, its no longer up to them to make sure its sold to someone who'll actually turn up.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 01:02

Gazza
Nate

Nate

People buying already overpriced tickets for a show attended by tens of thousands of people and trying to re-sell them for profit are mostly going to get their fingers burned. Especially for tickets in the middle or lower part of the price ranges.

Theres little done about it simply because the artist is already getting their guaranteed amount anyway and the pressure of filling the stadium passes from the promoter to the re-seller. If they're in profit, the promoter's work is done - theyve sold the ticket, its no longer up to them to make sure its sold to someone who'll actually turn up.

PaulyWaul will be along shortly to give the ticket touts both barrels>grinning smiley<

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 23, 2018 01:06

Its no surprise touts/scalpers are already on this. If they get a lot of early sales then they know how many to buy from the promoters (And yes they do buy direct from promoters) the people who annoy me are the fans who buy from touts. They are the ones driving the price up.

Its gonna be hard enough to get pit or gold circle if Live Nation/Ticketmaster get a monopoly on official sales as half will be packaged up and half the remaining ones will be earmarked for their secondary sites.

I managed to get GA last time for Hyde Park but took 8 hours of trying. This time I want pit for 1 show and Lucky Dip for another and I think it will be much harder. Means I have to constantly check back for later drops. I'm currently doing this for Guns N Roses and its tiring Ive been at it for months now.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 23, 2018 01:30

Gazza
steffialicia
does anyone have an educated guess about where 5/22 and 5/25 shows might be held? suggestions about the most convenient to venue and safe section of town to reserve a hotel? thanks for your help friends.

I personally think they'll be at the 02. The other venue being mentioned is the London Stadium (Olympic Stadium). They're both in the same side of the city anyway, so unless you want something central, a hotel out east towards Stratford or the Docklands is your best bet.

Dont book anything thats non-refundable though.

There are other large stadiums in London which can stage concerts such as the Emirates (north London) or the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (again out towards Stratford at the Olympic Village)

What about a hotel in Greenwich?
Is that close?
eroen

Date: February 23, 2018 01:37

Yes, it is. I stayed there in 2007.

And if youre coming from the 02 or Olympic Stadium, unlike most of the concert goers who will be going west into the city centre, you'll be going east. So, less congestion.

Date: February 23, 2018 01:39

grzegorz67
Gazza
Nate

Nate

PaulyWaul will be along shortly to give the ticket touts both barrels>grinning smiley<

I took a 3 and a half year break from this site but was reassured by his vitriol on this subject on a regular basis. I'm pleased to say he never let me down.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 23, 2018 01:40

Gazza
Yes, it is. I stayed there in 2007.

And if youre coming from the 02 or Olympic Stadium, unlike most of the concert goers who will be going west into the city centre, you'll be going east. So, less congestion.

Thanks a Lot, again. Gazza.
jeroen

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 23, 2018 03:21

bv
slewan

Well I will buy tickets to every show, I live in Norway, so that saves the British some money. Also, I have many friends like a few thousand who travel around and have the same habit as me, also many friends who live in UK, so the tickets will probably be taken by some of us more than by others and any average British person.

PS. Eevery time the Stones play in Norway, Sweden, Denmark or Finland they sell out 40,000 tickets give or take a few, to a population of 5-10 million, which makes it like 1% or 1 in 100, not a big deal, I am sure they could sell 40,000 tickets in Iceland with a population of 330,000, which would make 1 in 9.

*Good, because ‘no stopping’ for you, either.
Please take lots of your fantastic pics, have fun, and know you are appreciated.
Sarah

Date: February 23, 2018 03:35

textmonkey
My guess is they'll hold off the announcement until Dublin residents are locked into the deal.

You don't want to spook the (Wild) Horses.

Residents meeting is early next week. If there's one thing will scupper the gig, it's a presumptuous promoter/band.

In that case, I'd be very surprised if they announce the tour before that decision is made. Its the first show after all and therefore very high profile, and it looks a bit odd to announce a tour providing details of the location of the opening night in a press release - only to add an earlier gig to the itinerary a few days later.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 03:58

MisterDDDD
Travman87
So so so so excited for this tour. It's been 5 years since I last saw the greatest band ever live at Hyde Park 1 so another show is majorly needed. Hopefully I get to see them at all London shows.
Already have a ticket for Taylor Swift (Don't judge) at Wembley on June 23rd so glad Twickenham show 2 won't happen on that date haha.

Very excited as well!!
No judgement on preferring Taylor Swift over a 2nd Twickenham date.
Really glad for you that you can now take your daughter/wife/niece to her show.cool smiley

Chance of a Swift/Jagger reunion at the Stones show then?

Rod

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2018 07:50

Gazza, our Prodigal Son! winking smiley

Posted by: ddouven ()
Date: February 23, 2018 09:14

They added the tongue on [nostopping.pl]

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: February 23, 2018 09:55

No change to the posters in Dublin since yesterday.

I’d love an announcement Monday morning but as many have said I don’t see how they could announce with Dublin still in the balance.

Ive had a look at the residents page and for those who comment it seems to be a 50/50 split. Also talking to people who know someone who knows someone on the residents group are saying it’s still very much up in the air.

Date: February 23, 2018 09:55

I was "interested" in the meeting on Facebook (the event page) and a local radio station approached me.

"Hey Topi, Katie here from 98FM's Dublin Talks with Adrian Kennedy. We saw that you are attending the Croke Park protest on Monday - would you speak to us on 98FM this morning about it? Would just be for about 5/10 mins"

So based on this there will be a "protest" on Monday.

The Facebook event says it's a Public Meeting:

"Clonliffe & Croke Park Area Residents Association is holding a public meeting to discuss the proposed 4th concert planned for Croke Park Stadium this summer. Come along and have your say! The meeting will take place at the Barbara Ward Centre at 7.30pm on Monday 26 February."

The title of the Facebook event is: "Public Meeting re 4th concert impact on people inside barriers"

What barriers would there be if there's no concert? winking smiley

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 23, 2018 10:01

Yeah, Adrian Kennedy sent me a friend request based on my interest in the event. Nobody wrote me though.

Date: February 23, 2018 10:02

They can announce the tour without Dublin no worries. In 2014 the announcement was staggered with Pinkpop and Werchter being the first shows, and more were announced later, including the tour/leg opener in Oslo.

Granted it would be strange to announce the tour without the planned opening show, but it's not impossible

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 23, 2018 10:09

Topi
They can announce the tour without Dublin no worries. In 2014 the announcement was staggered with Pinkpop and Werchter being the first shows, and more were announced later, including the tour/leg opener in Oslo.

Granted it would be strange to announce the tour without the planned opening show, but it's not impossible

In 2013, they announced the first nine shows in one go. The date for the opening show in LA was ”TBD” for a couple of weeks.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 23, 2018 10:18

I don't "get" their apparent determination to book Croke if it's going to cause so many issues. Surely Aviva would be a less controversial & easier all round choice of location?

Date: February 23, 2018 10:26

Very curious where the 2 london dates will be. If it's to O2 i will consider. Radison Blu has a good deal !

Date: February 23, 2018 10:39

erikjjf
Topi

In 2013, they announced the first nine shows in one go. The date for the opening show in LA was ”TBD” for a couple of weeks.

That TBD had to do with hockey and basketball playoffs IIRC.

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: February 23, 2018 10:42

Adrian-L
I don't "get" their apparent determination to book Croke if it's going to cause so many issues. Surely Aviva would be a less controversial & easier all round choice of location?

I can only see capacity (more money) as the reason for Croke being picked ahead of the Aviva. Unless the Pro14 final being held there on May 26th had anything to do with it. But that’d be a bit of a stretch.

Mark

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...101102103104105106107108109110111...LastNext
Current Page: 106 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home