Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 53
Re: Keith Richards guitar playing comments
Date: September 20, 2017 22:36

TeddyB1018
Good thing Sinatra didn’t have a message board like this in his later days.

grinning smiley

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 20, 2017 22:42

TeddyB1018

Sinatra was completely shit towards the end and still charged exorbitant money just like another act that comes to mind.
Don't get me wrong , i loved Frank but he couldn't sing in the end and i cringed watching him. I don't want to cringe at my beloved Stones.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 20, 2017 22:44

"As for you calling him the "most austere reviewer here" - I read that as a compliment...".

And it was compliment. Figurative..

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: September 20, 2017 22:44

stone4ever
I got tickets to see them and i don't even want to go.

I'll take them off your hands, then. I'll even pay you face value. Just throw in a couple of plane tickets to Europe and a letter to excuse me from work and we've got a deal!

Date: September 20, 2017 22:48

Sipuncula
stone4ever

I'll take them off your hands, then. I'll even pay you face value. Just throw in a couple of plane tickets to Europe and a letter to excuse me from work and we've got a deal!

Ok you're on lol.

I'm hoping they improve, sorry i have calmed down a bit now.

Its just that i played some youtube clips to everyone in the room earlier, BS , SMU, TD and everyone fell about laughing at the Stones saying they need to hang it up.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 20, 2017 22:48

stone4ever

Oh please...don't have a meltdown!!
You already have tickets...GO TO THE SHOW AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!!smileys with beer
I guarantee it will be funner and and more fulfilling than bitching about Keith or Mick on a website.

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-20 22:50 by Hairball.

Date: September 20, 2017 22:54

Hairball
stone4ever

You already have tickets...GO TO THE SHOW AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!!smileys with beer
I guarantee it will be funner and and more fulfilling than bitching about Keith or Mick on a website.

smiling smiley

Cheers Hairball , sorry about the rant guys, i gotta get away from this place for a while, its so one sided against Keith that it does my head in.

People are using this thread to troll Keith and regular posters can't see it.

Keith is not the only Stone on stage making mistakes.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 20, 2017 22:56

stone4ever
TeddyB1018

Sinatra was completely shit towards the end and still charged exorbitant money just like another act that comes to mind.
Don't get me wrong , i loved Frank but he couldn't sing in the end and i cringed watching him. I don't want to cringe at my beloved Stones.

Well, yeah, that was my point. But I’m watching/listening to the scope now and I get more shivers than cringes. You can tell Mick is too tonight, because he’s riding the crest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-20 22:57 by TeddyB1018.

Date: September 20, 2017 23:01

stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever

smiling smiley

Cheers Hairball , sorry about the rant guys, i gotta get away from this place for a while, its so one sided against Keith that it does my head in.

Watch and/or listen to the live feed and read through the show thread as it's happening- Keith is doing well tonight by most accounts!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: September 20, 2017 23:10

Goes without saying, but the truth is that there has been some decline in their ability to perform as a live band, and the degree to which this has occurred lies somewhere between the two extremes in points of view on this thread. It is also probably true that Keith and everyone else will knock off some rust as the tour progresses. And of course all of us care, or else we wouldn't be here; having to contemplate this stuff brings out varied responses. It's hard sometimes to remember that we are all on the same team.

If the day is not far off that they decide to hang it up as a touring band, I think the silver lining might be a renewed focus on studio output. I really hope they decide to release this new album sooner rather than never.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-20 23:13 by Sipuncula.

Date: September 20, 2017 23:11

Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever

smiling smiley

Watch and/or listen to the live feed and read through the show thread as it's happening- Keith is doing well tonight by most accounts!

Thanks Hairball i had no idea they were playing tonight, i'm on holiday , will listen now thanks for that thumbs upsmileys with beer I told you Keith would be back. He always comes back. smiling smiley

Date: September 20, 2017 23:47

This show is fantastic, how can they just turn it around like that in one show.
I take it all back, these guys are incredible, i cant believe the difference 3 shows makes.
Wow smoking smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 20, 2017 23:54

Everything is forgotten...smiling smileythumbs up

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 21, 2017 00:15

TeddyB1018

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 21, 2017 00:24

[www.youtube.com]

After a minute...1.03...RONNIE doesn´t play...Why? Revenge?

"You left me out - I´ll show you how it feels!"?

Date: September 21, 2017 00:35

powerage78
Everything is forgotten...smiling smileythumbs up

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Haha this is why we love this band, just when we think its all over they come back better than ever

Date: September 21, 2017 00:51

Bjorn
[www.youtube.com]

After a minute...1.03...RONNIE doesn´t play...Why? Revenge?

"You left me out - I´ll show you how it feels!"?

Revenge for what and on who ??

What i want to know is who is Keith having a go at at 42 seconds in.
He goes off camera but Charlie and Ronnie look a bit worried as Keith turns towards the right of our screen after he told Mick to @#$%& off. Its in Matt's direction.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 01:16

stone4ever
This show is fantastic, how can they just turn it around like that in one show.
I take it all back, these guys are incredible, i cant believe the difference 3 shows makes.
Wow smoking smiley

easy there, pardner. draw your brakes, brotha.

whiplash boomerangs like this are not good for the psyche, or the neck. give the band time: they'll be even better, and much worse, next time around

Date: September 21, 2017 04:13

Has (still) anybody doubts about Keith's abilities ? smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

(yeah ... they are older ... they sometimes make mistakes ... but they still can do very, very well ...) -> so you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get exactly what you need :-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-21 04:20 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: September 21, 2017 04:15

Keith and the boys did bring it tonight.

Great to see and hear!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 05:03

Now THAT'S more like it.

Those of us critiquing Keith's playing think we're somehow taking pleasure in it or "trolling"...couldn't be further from the truth, but if one of them is playing poorly, I'm not going to sugar-coat my critique.

Those above clips were rocking. Great to see them playing like that.

Date: September 21, 2017 05:10

Even Sympathy had some serious life to it...

[www.youtube.com]

Not a classic solo, but not embarrassing.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 21, 2017 05:12

Good job, Keith.

I never doubted ya. Gold Rings on ya!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 21, 2017 05:30

jumpingjackflash5

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

(yeah ... they are older ... they sometimes make mistakes ... but they still can do very, very well ...) -> so you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get exactly what you need :-)

THANKS for the links!

Agreed - these are much better....nice improvement!

Oh but hang on - you can't critique a show based on Youtube clips right, you have to be there?
confused smiley

Date: September 21, 2017 05:48

Eleanor Rigby
jumpingjackflash5

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

THANKS for the links!

Oh but hang on - you can't critique a show based on Youtube clips right, you have to be there?
confused smiley
I was VERY tempted to post a similar comment, but I didn't want to ruin the moment grinning smiley

Date: September 21, 2017 05:58

keefriff99
Eleanor Rigby
jumpingjackflash5

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

THANKS for the links!

confused smiley
I was VERY tempted to post a similar comment, but I didn't want to ruin the moment grinning smiley

smileys with beer

Date: September 21, 2017 05:59

keefriff99
Eleanor Rigby
jumpingjackflash5

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

THANKS for the links!

confused smiley

smiling smiley

Keep your heads up with the knowledge that some of us call them like we see them - even if based on youtube clips.
When a turd's a turd, no point in trying to polish it as it will never become a diamond - even though some try their hardest.
But when there's a nice gold nugget as in todays show, gotta give credit where credits due...they did a fine job!
Still not quite on diamond level as was the days of yore, but a gold nugget is pretty good considering the circumstances.
Almost a reason for celebration, but will have to first see if the quality carries over to the next few shows, or if this was some kind of a freak occurrence. winking smiley

Thanks for the links jumpingjackflash5 - smileys with beer

Date: September 21, 2017 06:06

keefriff99
Even Sympathy had some serious life to it...

[www.youtube.com]

Not a classic solo, but not embarrassing.

agreed!

However, I think that's as good as we will get from KR with his Sympathy solo work.

Must of had the lights down and not in his face?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 21, 2017 06:34

Nothing wrong with commenting when something isn't good, but it's great to see things improved...the whole band as well, not just Keith. Those first couple shows, at times, looked like an under-rehearsed band not yet firing on all cylinders. I'm not suggesting that was the root cause. I think arthritis was the worst problem for Keith since he definitely seemed to have problems with his hands. Glad to see everyone snapped back into place. For everyone with tickets or everyone watching on Youtube, I hope the rest of the tour is as good as Zurich.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 21, 2017 08:01

Hairball
keefriff99
Eleanor Rigby
jumpingjackflash5

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

THANKS for the links!

confused smiley

smiling smiley

Keep your heads up with the knowledge that some of us call them like we see them - even if based on youtube clips.
When a turd's a turd, no point in trying to polish it as it will never become a diamond - even though some try their hardest.
But when there's a nice gold nugget as in todays show, gotta give credit where credits due...they did a fine job!
Still not quite on diamond level as was the days of yore, but a gold nugget is pretty good considering the circumstances.
Almost a reason for celebration, but will have to first see if the quality carries over to the next few shows, or if this was some kind of a freak occurrence. winking smiley

Thanks for the links jumpingjackflash5 - smileys with beer

first ones kinda plinky horrorshow turgid all of 'em
second ones kinda cool and fun; i like it; good for them;
third one kinda ungodly mess but kinda fun i like it.
i mean K is playing a different song in a different style than Ron,
who is doing the full wail-on guitar god thing at the same time,
k is doing these sprightly little clear jazz chords or something;
in danger of going to half-flamenco or after dinner band; the guys w suits and stuff...dunno wtf but it's really cool in it's way; i mean i don't know, really don't, if it's flat-out brilliant or jsut kinda funny, sorta sad at the same time; i mean i will spend time w them because they are interesting and this is antoher slam bam big mouth opinion; and they are old and only just starting this tour after, lets face it, a mighty long lay off; last yeras sprinkle of gigs was not really a tour; i mean some private gigs a very very very cool festival; stadium in vegas and a private show in a tent....and well, the vegas gig was not that good; or mick was saying he was not feeling too well so...i'm sure he was not; and i'm glad he's better; he sounds really good; like he's all there....and looks great and all that; the band needs to maybe tighten up and lift things up maybe a bpm or two here and there; or maybe they are just in that groove; they've always done really almost stop slow rock really fine; just that, dunno if it's Bill's position not beingfilled or attempting to really fill it with someone tradition-minded and maybe even creatively brilliant cuz a LOT of sparkling players out ehre both sexes all ages;

just does seem the rooted 'roll' for lack of better word, or maybe that 'swing' factor; well there seems nothing for one element, say the kit, to swing WITH particularly; Chuck La-Vile (heh heh cain't hep mahsself) is a workhorse but pedestrian imo, which don't fit with the worlds greatest rock and roll band even if they are not as sharp in some ways now, to be kind...but anyway his JO
b is often to provide those sparkling little 'tiaras' or spring some staggers on the rocky stuff and he does that well but....it's not that foundational swing thing; he's not really a groove player like that and not much to groove off of ; his job is be foundational, organizational sorta like the band leader in some ways; some important essential ways; which is a subject open to a lot of different opinions traditionally. rons not providing the swing element; his job too; to keep the rhythm together; play the riffs and licks played before he was there and since....again more of an accompaniest than foundational swing groover gutbucket terrirory that sets up the chunkca chunkca and the riffs off THAT...chunka souper slow or suiper fast they can do either or both and have....

ol keith is kinda lost in some ways but hey, so am i and couldn'd do better and didn't do a tiny thing to the culture and he's made kazillions dance so wtf...rock on old tigers;

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home