Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 40
Re: Hamburg Germany 09-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 10, 2017 14:59

Ronnie was awesome on Rambler
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 10, 2017 15:03

Only seen Bernard today so far. Thanked him for a great show!

Date: September 10, 2017 15:22

Tim Ries also came out to chat and shake hands. smiling smiley

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 15:23

john lomax
schwonek
nankerzrk
schwonek
Short review. THIS WAS AMAZING. What a great setlist - never complain again! So many auprises and really a lot of energy from Ron and Mick. Keith seemed distracted but the sound was overwheling. And the screens are jus aweseome!

-> what happened to Keiths pants?

Bump... Anyone notice Keith's pants when he went up to do his spiel before his songs?

Looked like he ... spilled sth on his leg.

Yeah I noticed that...looked like he pissed himself

WHA-WHA-WHAAT?!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 10, 2017 15:28

I really like the clips with the demonstrations from the 60s, in the beginning of "Gimme Shelter"...

I hope the Stones will not be accused by D. Trump of supporting "Die Linke" before the German elections...

(Just kidding, of course).

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 10, 2017 15:31

thanks for the reports everyone and the photos...loved the setlist...and Dancing with Mr. D...amazing....good for them for stretching out.....Mick's got more outfit changes than Cher...i suppose that's a good thing...greetings from Sarasota, FL

Date: September 10, 2017 15:37

padre69
john lomax
schwonek
nankerzrk
schwonek
Short review. THIS WAS AMAZING. What a great setlist - never complain again! So many auprises and really a lot of energy from Ron and Mick. Keith seemed distracted but the sound was overwheling. And the screens are jus aweseome!

-> what happened to Keiths pants?

Bump... Anyone notice Keith's pants when he went up to do his spiel before his songs?

Looked like he ... spilled sth on his leg.

Yeah I noticed that...looked like he pissed himself

WHA-WHA-WHAAT?!

Look even if he did, do you want the whole world knowing about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 15:47 by stone4ever.

Date: September 10, 2017 15:42

Chuck signed.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 15:50

I joked with my dad before the show how Sympathy would never be an opener and that they would be a bit rusty on opening night as they did not play a gig since October 2016. How wrong I was...

I saw two shows of the 14 On Fire tour and this topped them both. The setlist was awesome. The band played as if they already did 20 warm up gigs. The sound was outstanding, you could feel every drum beat Charlie did.
Got the No Filter Pit tickets from Lucky Dip and still can't really believe what happened yesterday.

The new set works perfect for big crowds and gives many well known songs new fresh air.
There was everything you could ask for, any Rock'n'Roll music fan would be satisfied with that show. We got blues, we got the great working cool songs that felt like they were on an album released in 2017 like Dancing With Mr. D, Play With Fire or Out Of Control, and of course we got all the great songs that made the Stones what they are today.
As I was at the front I was not really looking at the screens, but judging from some videos on YouTube the stage worked well with the songs and made the whole show feel very professional and up-to-date, another great Stufish production.

The mixed up set list surprised everybody. Sympathy as an opener - that's new. It worked great, I think the audience loved it. Mick would not have to spend all his energy in the first song as he does on songs like Jumping Jack Flash.
Gimme Shelter was the first encore after a very short break (at least it seemed like one minute) and Jumping Jack Flash finished the nearly 2.5 h loung show - a great change - and it may have worked better that You Can't Always Get What You Want and Satisfaction.

Thank you for a great night, Rolling Stones, I will never forget that evening.

And, as the stage screens said after the show: "Bis bald" - "See you soon"!

Date: September 10, 2017 15:57

Cristiano Radtke
Ride'em on Down:

The B&L-numbers were incredible!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 10, 2017 15:57

Just arrived at home from my trip to Hamburg. Me and my friends had Silver Pit tickets and queueed up at around 12:30. With a little luck at the security gates and running for our lifes we got into the Silver Pit quicky and got a place just in the center, second row. We had a fantastic overview over the whole stage, but we also could watch the amazing video show that blowed everybody away. I've never seen such a spectacular video show! It was fantastic how the projections of the Stones and the animations melted together to one whole, not seperated off-topic animations like the last tours.

Of course the setlist was mind blowing. I could not resist but watching the soundcheck videos, so I thought I knew what to expect. But then they started with Sympathy which got everybody even more excited. And then it just went on and on and I could not believe that amazing setlist.

But I am really worried about Keith. I am not complaining that he messed up every solo he did, but I felt like something was wrong with him. He seemed really introverted and did not move very much and he communicated not too much with the audience, except for the show walks on Miss You etc.
And then in the end he had his wet pants. Really hope that he is alrightsad smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:00

fans,fans,& fans

[www.ndr.de]

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:01

GlimmerGirl24
Add me to the heartbroken list too. I was looking forward to a live stream this afternoon, I'm spoiled. smiling smiley

I've been googling about how to get the bandwidth needed to upload a live stream via Periscope. A couple of articles suggest installing the Speedify app. Although I'm not sure this will help me for Zurich, Lucca and Barcelona because my iPhone will be connected to a mifi (mobile wifi network). The mifi will be connected to the cellular network. Supposedly the mifi device gets download speeds up to 150 Mbps, so one would think I would have the upload speed and bandwidth to stream. But it all depends on the mifi's connection to the cellular network.

Anyway, if anyone going to Munich wants to install Speedify to see if it increases their bandwidth and gives them the edge needed to upload a live stream - I know there are quite a few of us who will have their fingers crossed hoping it works. smiling smiley

Debbie Tiger

You are awesome! I am happy for you to be attending 3 shows and if you can do any streaming it would be great! You are a lot smarter than I am about doing this, I hope it all works. Thank you very much for your efforts, I know you will enjoy the shows and fun travel.

Have fun, because fun is a good thing to have.

Date: September 10, 2017 16:03

Happy to see so many happy people, who were at the Humburg gig. And impatient for "my" first "No Filter" gig (Barcelona)...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:07

StonedRambler
Just arrived at home from my trip to Hamburg. Me and my friends had Silver Pit tickets and queueed up at around 12:30. With a little luck at the security gates and running for our lifes we got into the Silver Pit quicky and got a place just in the center, second row. We had a fantastic overview over the whole stage, but we also could watch the amazing video show that blowed everybody away. I've never seen such a spectacular video show! It was fantastic how the projections of the Stones and the animations melted together to one whole, not seperated off-topic animations like the last tours.

Of course the setlist was mind blowing. I could not resist but watching the soundcheck videos, so I thought I knew what to expect. But then they started with Sympathy which got everybody even more excited. And then it just went on and on and I could not believe that amazing setlist.

But I am really worried about Keith. I am not complaining that he messed up every solo he did, but I felt like something was wrong with him. He seemed really introverted and did not move very much and he communicated not too much with the audience, except for the show walks on Miss You etc.
And then in the end he had his wet pants. Really hope that he is alrightsad smiley

How do you know he didn't spill his drink? I think that's way more likely that what you're implying here.

And if you watched closely, you would have seen that Keith interacted, joked and smiled a lot with and to his band members and the audience.

However, he was indeed very focused and introvert on the first couple of numbers.

Keith "messed up EVERY solo he did"? I think you're exaggerating a bit, StonedRambler...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:08

Don't know if this Rambler been put up before.

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:16

Very good Dancing with Mr D version.
Mick is just great.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:24

Definitely great to watch live 'scopes, but snippets,and pics were also fun, especially when all the video is uploaded so quickly.
Thanks to all who've uploaded!! Patience makes the experience last longer.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:24

laertisflash
Keith "messed up EVERY solo he did"? I think you're exaggerating a bit, StonedRambler...
He did not play wrong notes on every solo, but in my opinion no solo was really good. Mainly noodling around. But again, I don't blame him for anything but I had the feeling he was not doing well..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:31

StonedRambler
laertisflash
He did not play wrong notes on every solo, but in my opinion no solo was really good. Mainly noodling around. But again, I don't blame him for anything but I had the feeling he was not doing well..
Well. I really liked Keefs solos.after the first 10 minutes he loosened up and started smiling more.yeah sure Ron was more present yesterday and played great.Keef played some great stuff but he needs 2 more showd to get unleashed.
For the rest i hope people stop the bullshit about his pants.show some respect.jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 16:32 by corriecas.

Date: September 10, 2017 16:32

To be fair, StonedRambler has a point: Keith did not move very much. But Keith does not move very much, overall, during the last tours. Fully explainable, IMO. He's is not a fitness monster, as Mick is... Saving powers it's probably Keith's own way to be concentrated and focused on the music. And to play music as better as he can. Add up his usual nervousness on opening nights...

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:33

GJB
[www.youtube.com]

Dancing with Mr D. Recorded from the pit last night.

Sorry about my singing...

Thanks For the post GJB Mr. D has been on my Stones live bucket list for ever. I think they only played it 3 or 4 times ever and that was during the 73 European tour. I have a couple of the live Boot versions and one of them is in my top 5 all time live Stones songs. I love playing it for Stones fans who never heard it before , it always blows them away.

I hope they keep it in the setlist for the rest of Europe. We all know they have a tendency to start a tour with 22 or 23 songs and start cutting it back as they move along. Many times they will play a gem like this once or twice at the begining of the tour and drop it if Mick doesn't think it was well received.

Almost forgot how was it received by 80,000?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 16:35 by virgil.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:35

The solo on SFTD...I mean...why not call it a day? Keith is the boxer who fought one fight too many...a wreck...shouldn´t be on stage...and people PAY for this??? And PRAISE the show???

Come on!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:36

slewan
stone4ever
I'm a bit confused by some comments, Keith can't be crap and lazy and brilliant at the same time.

he is old. He does what he's able to do these days. Sometimes it sounds great, sometimes he seems to be somehow lost. It's just a simple as that. If you watch him you get the impression that he is some 10-15 years older than Jagger, Wood und Watts. Still he has his good moments

Exactly. He is old, his timing and reaction is not the same as for people in their 50'ies or 60'ies - let alone people 20-40 years old.

Older people get easier confused, disturbed by distraction - so he probably uses lots of energy focusing on playing and not making too many mistakes / must be stressful. Of course, his heavy use of drugs and alcohol hasn't been good for his brain either....

Date: September 10, 2017 16:38

laertisflash
To be fair, StonedRambler has a point: Keith did not move very much. But Keith does not move very much, overall, during the last tours. Fully explainable, IMO. He's is not a fitness monster, as Mick is... Saving powers it's probably Keith's own way to be concentrated and focused on the music. And to play music as better as he can. Add up his usual nervousness on opening nights...

Keith takes a while to get going , he never moves much on the first show.
He was running on the stage on the last tour and the one before, remember when he tripped and fell while running during Miss You.

He gets stronger as the tour progresses and Ronnie gets weaker.
Keith just knows how to pace himself.winking smiley

Judge him towards the end of the tour, he will be fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 19:09 by stone4ever.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:40

Enjoying this thread.
Great review by Stone4ever.
Very happy for the band and the fans.
Their energy, their sheer force of will is incredible. I was frankly worried this might be a train wreck, but they came through. It sounds like Keith was really focused on playing and holding the songs together. At his age and health that is a monumental task and I am just pulling for him.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: September 10, 2017 16:41

That Sympathy solo was cringe worthy, and that's an easy solo to play

Date: September 10, 2017 16:49

Stone4ever agree, Keith usually gets stronger as the tour progresses. And he plays better.

MAF, an overall comment about the reviews published on German Press ?? Are they fully positive, basically positive, enthusiastic? There is a ranking (3.5/5) by Focus but all the others I see are... words, not numbers. And I don't know German language...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1183
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home