Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: First Album You Ever Bought (Any Artist)
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 14, 2005 20:25

humanriff77...also got "bollocks" the day it came out...agreed: one of the all-time great records...what an inspiration!!!....still sounds great

Posted by: caesar ()
Date: September 16, 2005 10:39

ABBA - "Greatest Hits Vol. 2" (1980)

Posted by: smith ()
Date: September 16, 2005 10:48

Big Hits, High Tide And Green Grass (club-edition) in 1975 OR
Desolation Boulevard (The Sweet) - can't remember anymore

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 16, 2005 13:35

RockR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 'Revolver' by the Beatles. Started with the best
> !

I think I started with the best: Exile on MS. No question about that. I'm amused by that now that I think about it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 16, 2005 13:42

My first album was "Tattoo you" bought ca. 1 January 1982 - I didn't even have a record player at that time...

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:03

CindyC
I'm part of the TigerBeat generation with MonkeyGirl, my first album was Shaun Cassidy. hehehe.

I think my first real album was Rumours by Fleetwood Mac.
My first Stones album was Hot Rocks. Some guy I thought was cute was a big RS fan. I didn't know any of the songs except Satisfaction, what a loser. I saw that picture of Keith in those blue pants on that castle and fell in love. I didn't even know his name. There was no internet back then. It took me about two weeks to find out, and what a cool name it was: Keith Richards. My life has never been the same.

I was so saddened to hear that the "cute boy" that got me into the Rolling Stones died in a terrible accident yesterday. I haven't seen him for years, but credit him for changing the course of my life.

RIP Phil.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:06

Elvis Double Greatest Hits album. I think it was 1973.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:08

CindyC
CindyC
I'm part of the TigerBeat generation with MonkeyGirl, my first album was Shaun Cassidy. hehehe.

My first Stones album was Hot Rocks. Some guy I thought was cute was a big RS fan. I didn't know any of the songs except Satisfaction, what a loser. I saw that picture of Keith in those blue pants on that castle and fell in love. I didn't even know his name. There was no internet back then. It took me about two weeks to find out, and what a cool name it was: Keith Richards. My life has never been the same.

I was so saddened to hear that the "cute boy" that got me into the Rolling Stones died in a terrible accident yesterday. I haven't seen him for years, but credit him for changing the course of my life.

RIP Phil.

Sorry to hear about that Cindy.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:20

treaclefingers

Thanks - yeah it was very sad news. Poor guy.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:40

First album bought in 1967: Rolling Stones, Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:52

I could have sworn I've answered this in one thread or another in the past...I guess not this one though.
Anyways, it was the Jackson 5 Greatest Hits in 1970 when I was 7 years old.
Still have it!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:57

First album bought:
The Stones: Some Girls
The Who: The Kids Are Alright
The Kinks: Low Budget
The Beatles: Sgt Peppers
Dylan: Free Wheeling
Bowie: Honky Dory

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 07:11

my first album bought was in 1977, I was 14 and in England (Abingdon) in a host family.
It was Love You Live and Big hits (high tide and green grass). My very first two albums...and it became : Stones forever !

Date: April 13, 2012 07:21

Hairball
I could have sworn I've answered this in one thread or another in the past...I guess not this one though.
Anyways, it was the Jackson 5 Greatest Hits in 1970 when I was 7 years old.
Still have it!

Haha...quoting one's self is a sign of insanity I've been told!drinking smiley

First Stones album I bought was Made In The Shade when it was released.
Again, still have it...completely torn and frayed, and when played sounds like a malfunctioning popcorn machine.
Gotta love it for sentimental reasons!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 07:23

Weird Al Yankovic - Dare To Be Stupid

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: April 13, 2012 07:58

Steel Wheels on vinyl. I was a vinyl geek when vinyl wasn't cool. And I was a little kid then.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 13, 2012 08:04

treaclefingers
CindyC
CindyC

RIP Phil.

What a nice story about your intro to the Stones, Cindy. Sorry to hear the bad news about the guy who turned you onto them. sad smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 13, 2012 08:12

That I remember. It was a low-price album by The Kinks named 'Well Respected Kinks' on Marble Arch Label, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, it is a fantastic album...

2 1 2 0

Re: Phil
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 13, 2012 08:28

CindyC
CindyC

RIP Phil.

i'm sorry, CindyC. love and light to Phil and everyone close to him

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: April 13, 2012 09:06

1st: Beatles for Sale
2nd: The Rolling Stones no.2

Which turned me into a Stones fan forever. If I had waited one more year the sequence would probably have been 1st: Aftermath, 2nd: Revolver. Would this have made any difference ? Who knows, but I don't think so!

Date: April 13, 2012 09:16

CindyC
CindyC

RIP Phil.

Very sad, sorry to hear this CindyC.

And I should have read this thread more closely before posting above...
I wasn't referring to your posts when I made the crack about quoting one's self (I was referring to my own quote above)!
Perhaps quoting one's self is a sign of genius?

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: April 13, 2012 09:46

Eddie Cochran compilation

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 13, 2012 10:02

If my memory serves me right this was the first album young Doxa with his own little money in his pocket walked to a local record store and bought with his own little hands (it wasn't my first album though):

I was hooked by the cover. The dudes looked cool...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-15 20:01 by Doxa.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 13, 2012 10:08

Doxa
If my memory serves me right this was the first album young Doxa with his own little money in his pocket walked to a local record store and bought with his own little hands (it wasn't my first album though):

I was hooked by the cover. The dudes looked cool...

- Doxa

Well, and the album was?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 13, 2012 10:59

The first album (cassette) the young GetYerAngie bought - using the savings of several months - was Goats Head Soup. IORR was the second.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: April 14, 2012 21:14

The first I bought myself was "Through the past darkly" First single was "Street fighting man" (sadly without picture-sleeve)

Per-Arne

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 14, 2012 22:02

Sticky Fingers....it so impressed my school friends, but only cos it had the real zipper!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 14, 2012 22:11

I bought GHS and Humble Pie's 'Rocking the Fillmore' at the same time from COB mail order in Portmadoc - North Wales.............can't remember which one I took out of the box first............

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 14, 2012 22:41

Damn! Another Leonard Keringer thread bumped up!

Geez, I miss that guy.

I think this was my first:

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 14, 2012 22:48

Let It Be - Beatles

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1305
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home