Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Steven Adler from Guns N' Roses - some video I shot
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: April 16, 2012 16:37

At his house the other day, in a living room, - I taped the very first ever performance of his new band named, funny enough, 'Adler' smiling smiley

I like this group a lot - lots of 1970s glam/punk influences - for all of Adler's excess, he seems cleaned up and as focused as he can be right now with this new outfit - yes, his stroke has had some effect - but he's a genuinely nice, enthusiastic guy who is totally behind this band...

[www.noisecreep.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-16 17:01 by hbwriter.

Re: OT - Steven Adler from Guns N' Roses
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 16, 2012 16:53

I applaud anyone who can turn it around. I have lost friends and family to addiction. I was never a G&R fan. but I applaud his effort in recovery.

Date: April 16, 2012 17:01

people keep asking me if i thought he was high - i did not - he has a lot of residual damage - but he's very childlike and easy to root for - and his sense of music, history etc is all there - this guy knows what it is like to be in the biggest band on earth - an he has good (albeit twisted) memories of opening for the Stones at the Coliseum (only time i ever saw Guns)

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: April 16, 2012 17:03

Thanks Chris! Steven always seems so happy. Good to see he is doing well. I can relate as I also suffered several minor strokes until I had a massive one that almost killed me and left me totaly paralized on my left side. I like Steven have (mostly?) recovered, hopefully better than ever but never the same.

Re: OT - Steven Adler from Guns N' Roses - some video I shot
Date: April 16, 2012 17:06

Stones Blah- thank you for sharing that - keeping you in our thoughts and prayers-

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 16, 2012 17:06

hbwriter
an he has good (albeit twisted) memories of opening for the Stones at the Coliseum

Please explain...

Date: April 16, 2012 17:09

well, they were doing massive amounts of dope at the time- all band members essentially living in separate trailers backstage - was describing how together the Stones were - how professional and businesslike Jagger was when they met him - and how pissed off he was after at how they were imploding onstage - said one of his dreams in life was to meet Mick- and when he did - he felt he blew it by being incoherent - stuff along those lines (by good i meant he seemed to remember most of it)

Date: April 16, 2012 17:15

Did he say anything about that Living Colour incident?

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: April 16, 2012 17:45

TooTough
Did he say anything about that Living Colour incident?

For those of us who don't know, what incident?

Date: April 16, 2012 17:53

vudicus
For those of us who don't know, what incident?

Wikipedia:
When Guns N' Roses and Living Colour supported The Rolling Stones for a concert in Los Angeles in 1989, Living Colour guitarist Vernon Reid publicly commented on "One in a Million" during his band's set. After hearing this, Rose in turn suggested they play the song for their opening act "just to piss them off."

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 16, 2012 18:43

Cool tune,i'll check'm out on fb...Thanx Chris

Date: April 16, 2012 18:49

thanks - i really like these guys - i love the song - i've heard some of the upcoming album - they blend some very cool influences -

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 16, 2012 19:06

Chris,i was gonna email you but your addy is hidden....I've posted this on my fb page(i've listened toit 3 times already)...about the album,does it have more accustic numbers?...to this day my favorite Gnr stuff was the accoustic side of Lies(IMO the best side of the 80s..)thanx again

Date: April 16, 2012 19:30

very cool - so you like the song? not sure if there is any more acoustic - lemme check

--and i am at chris@chrisepting.com

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 16, 2012 22:03

stevens a cool guy,i saw him on that rehab show and was really worried about him.

when people get that far gone it can go either way.on one of the shows dr drew told mike starr from alice in chains "you are either gonna quit or you're gonna die"-mike later died.

axls career wouldnt be doing any better than stevens if he hadnt used extortion to steal the bands name and use it to sell tickets for his solo band.

its a shame,but a reunion of the real band will probably never happen and that would really help someone not getting songwriting royalties.stevens a happy go lucky guy though and i think he'll be allright as long as he stays off of the shit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home