Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Jimmy Page Erases Keith Relf Vocal From Yardbirds '68 Track To Avoid Having To Pay Royalties
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 31, 2017 11:04

keefriffhard4life
because someone PLAYS a riff doesn't mean they wrote it.
Exactly. Even if they "wrote" the riff, it has nothing to do with songwriting -- it's musical arrangements.

For instance, Pete Brown never played on a single Cream song -- yet his scribblings of words on paper count as songwriting. Hence, he gets the royalties, and rightfully so. Otherwise, there would be nothing for the musicians to craft their arrangements on.

As proof: Ginger Baker wanted to claim songwriting credit for Sunshine Of Your Love because he "invented" a bridge to make the song actually work. But without the ideas, the songs, of Jack Bruce and Pete Brown, well then where are Ginger Baker's so-called songs? They don't exist.

Songwriters write, musicians arrange.

Re: OT: Jimmy Page Erases Keith Relf Vocal From Yardbirds '68 Track To Avoid Having To Pay Royalties
Date: August 31, 2017 11:16

stonehearted
keefriffhard4life
Exactly. Even if they "wrote" the riff, it has nothing to do with songwriting -- it's musical arrangements.

For instance, Pete Brown never played on a single Cream song -- yet his scribblings of words on paper count as songwriting. Hence, he gets the royalties, and rightfully so. Otherwise, there would be nothing for the musicians to craft their arrangements on.

As proof: Ginger Baker wanted to claim songwriting credit for Sunshine Of Your Love because he "invented" a bridge to make the song actually work. But without the ideas, the songs, of Jack Bruce and Pete Brown, well then where are Ginger Baker's so-called songs? They don't exist.

I know that very well, hehe, but see my explanation to this particular assumption above.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 31, 2017 19:43

Example:
IF someone had used the uncopyrighted track, recorded it with different musicians, obtained a publisher etc.(in 1969), and released it.
IF, it then became a million seller

Could they have been sued by Page etc ?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 31, 2017 20:04

DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
keefriffhard4life

I know that very well, hehe, but see my explanation to this particular assumption above.

Could it be that Brian wrote that opening riff on a sitar while sitting around in a haze of incense and psychedlics, and then ultimately Keith played it on guitar?
Not trying to rewrite history or give Brian credit for something he may not have done...but are there any quotes from Keith ( or Bill?) regarding this?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 31, 2017 23:06

More Hot Rocks
Geez Page you are a multi multi millionaire. 170 million.

Greedy!

[www.celebritynetworth.com]

P.S.

"In Through The Outdoor" Sucks (sorry, I had to say that)

Hey, I'm told heroin is expensive.... tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 1, 2017 02:01

ROCKMAN

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 1, 2017 05:14

crholmstrom
More Hot Rocks
Geez Page you are a multi multi millionaire. 170 million.

Greedy!

[www.celebritynetworth.com]

P.S.

"In Through The Outdoor" Sucks (sorry, I had to say that)

Hey, I'm told heroin is expensive.... tongue sticking out smiley

Ahhh....I just had to vent.....

Re: OT: Jimmy Page Erases Keith Relf Vocal From Yardbirds '68 Track So He Won't Have To Pay Royalties
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 1, 2017 09:02

CaptainCorella
Completely disgraceful!

Our beloved Rolling Stones would never airbrush anyone out of their history, would they!

Hang on..... Anybody seen my copy of Rarities?

at least they're not airbrushing the bass out of Miss You though! eye popping smiley

Re: OT: Jimmy Page Erases Keith Relf Vocal From Yardbirds '68 Track So He Won't Have To Pay Royalties
Date: September 1, 2017 09:34

CaptainCorella
Completely disgraceful!

Our beloved Rolling Stones would never airbrush anyone out of their history, would they!

Hang on..... Anybody seen my copy of Rarities?

you do know that bill wyman requested to be removed if possible from anything promoting new compilations right?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 1, 2017 10:45

"Avron Knows"... "Avron's Eyes"

What I want to know is, what did they (or Jimmy Page) have against Avron?

You know, it almost sounds pre-/proto-punk.

It's certainly too anti-hippie for early Led Zeppelin to have done:

Avron knows
He's just a hippie
Avron knows
He thinks he's pretty...

He loves the flowers
Stupid flower power!

Avron Knows: [www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2196
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home