Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11
Re: (OT) Welcome to the Waterhole: The IORR Band / Fan Gathering in Amsterdam September 29
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 8, 2017 02:01

Will there be merch? grinning smiley

Re: (OT) Welcome to the Waterhole: The IORR Band / Fan Gathering in Amsterdam September 29
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 8, 2017 03:40

I think the first question is does the owner know about this?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 8, 2017 10:20

ErwinH
Hey guys...

I just booked a room, 5 minutes walking from the Waterhole.
Nothing can go wrong anymore :-)

Erwin,

So sorry that I won't see you guys on the 29th, I only fly into Amsterdam on the 30th ....

Would be great if we could at least meet up somewhere sometime for a beer.

All the best

Paul

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: July 8, 2017 11:05

paulywaul

Hey Paul,
Since the Alleycat I've got your phonenumber,
so I think we will be able to meet somewhere and have a little beer smileys with beer

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 8, 2017 11:33

ErwinH
paulywaul

Hey Paul,
Since the Alleycat I've got your phonenumber,
so I think we will be able to meet somewhere and have a little beer smileys with beer

thumbs up grinning smiley smileys with beer

Make sure there's someone running around with a decent camera, it would be great to see some photos of 2017's 'Welcome to the Waterhole' IORR band event !! cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-08 11:35 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 8, 2017 12:23

Dammit, guys. I was about skip this tour, but this party made me check my schedule and the Amsterdam concert option, and while there isn't too good seats available, still sounds damn tempting... Would be great to see fellow IORReans (and The Vegas act in the following day, too).

Would you guys let me sing one tune - or at least back vox - if I pop by? C'mon, it's my birthday haha...

- Doxa

Date: July 8, 2017 12:39

ErwinH
Hey guys...

I just booked a room, 5 minutes walking from the Waterhole.
Nothing can go wrong anymore :-)

5 minutes? That is well within groupie range. You can ship them in and out, no problemo.
Dark days ahead in the capital.

I wish I was in Europe. I'd love, love to guest spot.

PS I just saw that Mathijs will play.Dandy, hope you make it happen. You guys can do "Knockin"; or 'Rambler"..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-08 12:40 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: July 8, 2017 15:06

Doxa

Would you guys let me sing one tune - or at least back vox - if I pop by? C'mon, it's my birthday haha...

- Doxa

thumbs up

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: July 8, 2017 15:10

Doxa

- Doxa

You should bring a cake!

[www.cakeb0t.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 9, 2017 02:54

Looks like I'll have to find my way over to this gig, sounds too good to pass up!

Doxa, do you sing, or just in the shower?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 9, 2017 02:58

Will you all arrive in separate limos ???????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: July 9, 2017 10:46

Rockman
Will you all arrive in separate limos ???????????

We are even more decadent - we will all arrive in seperate flights spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: July 9, 2017 22:53

Very nice place. When 'Stripped' was on screen at Paradiso they played Stonesmusic. I was there for a drink afterwards. Try to be there 29e.
Love to hear and see you play!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 10, 2017 17:30

Tele's got my mouth watering for sure... I was hoping that the 71 Tele would make the trip! There's a part of me that would love to "try out" the VOX similar to Bill's but after all of these years with a B string, I have to laugh at myself when I have to struggle to play something with only four strings on it!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 11, 2017 22:17

Okay okay, no problem. I will not come. I do understand that there is some deeper core or camp in the heart of IORR for which I don't fit. I am so sorry that I can't like CROSSEYED HEART more than I do. But like Dylan said "it's life and life only".

- Doxa

Date: July 11, 2017 22:27

Doxa
Okay okay, no problem. I will not come. I do understand that there is some deeper core or camp in the heart of IORR for which I don't fit. I am so sorry that I can't like CROSSEYED HEART more than I do. But like Dylan said "it's life and life only".

- Doxa

I'll be first in line welcoming you, mate. No camps here, just a tribute to the music (not the characters) smiling smiley

Date: July 11, 2017 22:31

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

I'll be first in line welcoming you, mate. No camps here, just a tribute to the music (not the characters) smiling smiley

I heard they rock hard in Helsinki. Doxa, sling that banjo on your shoulder and make the trek. It would probably make even me show up..

Date: July 11, 2017 22:37

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

I heard they rock hard in Helsinki. Doxa, sling that banjo on your shoulder and make the trek. It would probably make even me show up..

They have GREAT vodka, which I hoped to be sharing with Doxa that night - on or off stage smoking smiley

Date: July 11, 2017 22:48

DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

They have GREAT vodka, which I hoped to be sharing with Doxa that night - on or off stage smoking smiley

I'll be second in line greeting Doxa at the door, then... If there are special camps that I don't know of, I'd want to be in Doxa's camp anyway... Heck, I owe him thanks for MANY times writing what I was thinking and doing it more articulately than I could!

C'mon down to the gig Doxa... I'm not sure that my microphone will be plugged in or turned on but you're welcome to sing with me, birthday or not!

Side Note: in lieu of vodka, is bourbon an acceptable substitute for a birthday drink toast?!?

Date: July 12, 2017 01:10

DandelionPowderman

Vodka? At a Stones gig? Are you serving it in red Solo cups with orange soda? I was thinking you'd just order a case of Jack! winking smiley

Date: July 12, 2017 01:13

..... If the bad groupies are there they'll all end
with the jack ....hhhhhaaaa maybe that's what Doxa really fears .....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 12, 2017 01:14

SomeTorontoGirl
DandelionPowderman

Vodka? At a Stones gig? Are you serving it in red Solo cups with orange soda? I was thinking you'd just order a case of Jack! winking smiley

If mr_dja will handle the rider I suspect it will be bourbon indeed smoking smiley

Date: July 12, 2017 01:43

Rockman
..... If the bad groupies are there they'll all end
with the jack ....hhhhhaaaa maybe that's what Doxa really fears .....

Tch! Groupies... It's just not ladylike to hold your Jack by the neck and swig straight from the bottle.

Date: July 12, 2017 02:07

Date: July 12, 2017 02:10

So yer saying, ask for Jack at your peril?

[Grumble] Must be an Aussie thang, ya low-down bugger!

Date: July 12, 2017 02:11

.... we's da king land of Slang .....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 12, 2017 05:31

Do NOT make me go get my Oxford Aussie dictionary...winking smiley

Date: July 12, 2017 15:13

DandelionPowderman
SomeTorontoGirl
DandelionPowderman

If mr_dja will handle the rider I suspect it will be bourbon indeed smoking smiley

You know me too well!

Although Jack would be more historically accurate, I'm really hoping that I'll be able to sample some local bourbons during my visit. Are there any? Is bourbon even all that popular (and distilled) in Europe? Hell, if the beer in Amsterdam is at all comparable to what I was able to find seemingly EVERYWHERE in Belgium I may just be able to live off the beer for a few days!

I can't wait for this show/trip!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 16, 2017 02:56

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 16, 2017 03:41

"She" is gonna get her dictionary. Rockman, I really wish you could go to Amsterdam.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home