Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: (OT) Welcome to the Waterhole: The IORR Band / Fan Gathering in Amsterdam September 29
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 17, 2017 18:21

paulywaul
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
Seriously, be prepared for something special this time winking smiley

Special Guest(s) grinning smiley ?

Sir Ron Wood .... THE most accessible and user-friendly Rolling Stone !!

You know I thought on him! Your description is spot on. He'd probably love to do it too. I can easily picture Our Dandelion and Sir Ronald trading riffs in a small club.
Between tours Sir Ronald often pops up doing guest spots for others - he guested with Macca at the O2 a few years back.

Whatever 'something special' turns out to be, I hope someone films this so that non attendees can enjoy it. It'll be something special anyway regardless of who shows up smileys with beer

Re: (OT) Welcome to the Waterhole: The IORR Band / Fan Gathering in Amsterdam September 29
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 17, 2017 20:02

grzegorz67
paulywaul
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

You know I thought on him! Your description is spot on. He'd probably love to do it too. I can easily picture Our Dandelion and Sir Ronald trading riffs in a small club.
Between tours Sir Ronald often pops up doing guest spots for others - he guested with Macca at the O2 a few years back.

Whatever 'something special' turns out to be, I hope someone films this so that non attendees can enjoy it. It'll be something special anyway regardless of who shows up smileys with beer

Depending on the technical limitations, I & my family are planning on filming/broadcasting live. Most likely on facebook. We're not planning on upgrading our phone service for full usage while we're in Europe but, depending on wifi availability, we're going to try to broadcast. If no wifi, we'll be recording for future posting. Links will be provided here.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 17, 2017 20:04

mr_dja
grzegorz67
paulywaul
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

Depending on the technical limitations, I & my family are planning on filming/broadcasting live. Most likely on facebook. We're not planning on upgrading our phone service for full usage while we're in Europe but, depending on wifi availability, we're going to try to broadcast. If no wifi, we'll be recording for future posting. Links will be provided here.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Great, thank you! smileys with beer

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: August 17, 2017 20:19

my feeling is: London was great, Amsterdam will be greater !
lots of good vibes around winking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 17, 2017 20:36

You are right about the London gig djgab.

Will do my utmost to get to the Amsterdam show.

It will be a gas,gas,gas. smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 17, 2017 20:42

djgab
my feeling is: London was great, Amsterdam will be greater !
lots of good vibes around winking smiley

Says the band's Parisien Mandolin Player smiling smiley If not there, I look forward to the videos.

Date: August 31, 2017 14:43

The rumours say hard rehearsing is going on in Munich, Oslo, Loudon, TN, Amsterdam, Seattle and Groningen.

A couple of our members sadly couldn't make the gig, but IORR has many great musicians – and others have stepped up for the ultimate challenge at the Waterhole on September 29!

There will be more surprises smiling smiley

This might be one of the numbers we'll play... or not..

We're looking forward to this thumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-31 14:43 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: August 31, 2017 17:34

Do you need a ticket for this evening?

Date: August 31, 2017 17:44

spunky

I wouldn't think so, but be there early. The show starts at 8 PM.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 31, 2017 19:48

DandelionPowderman
spunky

I was gonna ask the same. Thank you.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 31, 2017 20:37

its going to be a great evening in the Waterhole, Amsterdam! so happy for all you who are going. Im sad to miss this, cant make the trip this time.

The IORR Band will move and groove you! I know this.

smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 31, 2017 21:10

Land at Schiphol 3pm head into town drop off bag then some people say they serve very nice coffee with lots of cafes to choose from in Amsterdam spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I love coffee spinning smiley sticking its tongue out then hit the waterhole to party and who knows what after maybe get some more coffee spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 31, 2017 21:48

shattered
DandelionPowderman
spunky

I was gonna ask the same. Thank you.

I can't find anything on the website which would lead me to believe that there is ever a cover charge or tickets required. I'm thinking all should be OK getting in unless it gets to crowded and a local fire code come into play.

As of now I plan on getting there about 7:00ish unless I find out it's better to arrive even earlier.

My family and I will actually be arriving in Amsterdam on Wednesday around lunchtime. Although there will be some typical "tourist sightseeing" involved, my personal priorities will include finding and scoping out "The Waterhole". Updates on what I learn will be posted here.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 31, 2017 22:10

Btw , The Waterhole is easy to find it's a 'Stone's throw ' from Paradiso winking smiley
Next to The Leidse Plein square

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 1, 2017 00:25

Nate
Land at Schiphol 3pm head into town drop off bag then some people say they serve very nice coffee with lots of cafes to choose from in Amsterdam spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I love coffee spinning smiley sticking its tongue out then hit the waterhole to party and who knows what after maybe get some more coffee spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Careful - the coffee's damn strong, one sent me to Space. And the canals have no guardrails...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 1, 2017 00:29

SomeTorontoGirl
Nate

Careful - the coffee's damn strong, one sent me to Space. And the canals have no guardrails...

grinning smiley

Date: September 1, 2017 01:01

I'll have a double thanks spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 1, 2017 03:01

I'll have a vodka and orange, okay orange crush.

I'm hoping you guys can play a little later than stated above!

In the teaser video, can you say who's who, aside from that man with the iPad, and of course,
DP? Looking forward to the festivities. Save me a place? I don't mind the corner of the stage if
it's in front, Keith's side. cool smiley Yeah, sure.

I'll be with a tall Dutch person--she's a friend of mind that agreed to come with me to bands Friday and Saturday,
has never seen The Rolling Stones. She may not know the difference between the IORR band and them. winking smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 1, 2017 10:33

angee
I'll have a vodka and orange, okay orange crush.

I'm hoping you guys can play a little later than stated above!

In the teaser video, can you say who's who, aside from that man with the iPad, and of course,
DP? Looking forward to the festivities. Save me a place? I don't mind the corner of the stage if
it's in front, Keith's side. cool smiley Yeah, sure.

I'll be with a tall Dutch person--she's a friend of mind that agreed to come with me to bands Friday and Saturday,
has never seen The Rolling Stones. She may not know the difference between the IORR band and them. winking smiley

In the teaser video (from left to right):

djgab, Wild Slivovitz, me, ErwinH, Tele 71 and Duke Richardson.

Sadly, djgab, Wild Slivovitz and Duke Richardson can't make the gig this time.

Newcomers in the band for this gig will be: Steinschlag (well, he's been with us from the get-go, but couldn't make the London-gig), mr_dja and Mathijs.

And there will be some special guests..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-01 10:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 1, 2017 10:44

DandelionPowderman.... you forgot to mention Steinschlag confused smiley

Date: September 1, 2017 10:54

ErwinH

He's in now smiling smiley

Steinschlag isn't a newcomer, nor is he in the video teaser. That's why a forgot to include him grinning smiley

(Sorry, Kurt..)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-01 10:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: September 1, 2017 11:06

DandelionPowderman
ErwinH

Steinschlag isn't a newcomer, nor is he in the video teaser. That's why a forgot to include him grinning smiley

(Sorry, Kurt..)

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

It's all fine..... As long as you don't forget me when ordering a round of beer for the whole band smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Date: September 1, 2017 11:09

Steinschlag
DandelionPowderman
ErwinH

(Sorry, Kurt..)

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

It's all fine..... As long as you don't forget me when ordering a round of beer for the whole band smileys with beer

We got that in writing now thumbs up

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 2, 2017 11:45

What a pity I don't live in Amsterdam anymore! I would have loved to be there. The Last Waterhole is the perfect place for a Stones fan reunion. (And if any of the Stones would show up, it would be heaven.)

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 2, 2017 12:28

matxil
(And if any of the Stones would show up, it would be heaven.)

Let's pray we'll be in heaven that night... thumbs up

Date: September 2, 2017 12:35

ErwinH
matxil
(And if any of the Stones would show up, it would be heaven.)

Let's pray we'll be in heaven that night... thumbs up

hhhmmm that's interesting confused smiley

Date: September 15, 2017 15:28

Just bumping this as a friendly reminder to anyone who is going to be in Amsterdam the NIGHT BEFORE The Stones play...

T-minus 341:32:00 (if I got the time zones right!)
In other words The band starts at 8:00 pm - The party will be starting earlier than that, I can assure you! drinking smileysmoking smileysmiling bouncing smileygrinning smiley

smileys with beer Here's hoping I'll get to meet some of you there!

More details:
[waterhole.nl]

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 15:42

mr_dja
Just bumping this as a friendly reminder to anyone who is going to be in Amsterdam the NIGHT BEFORE The Stones play...

T-minus 341:32:00 (if I got the time zones right!)
In other words The band starts at 8:00 pm - The party will be starting earlier than that, I can assure you! drinking smileysmoking smileysmiling bouncing smileygrinning smiley

smileys with beer Here's hoping I'll get to meet some of you there!

More details:
[waterhole.nl]

Peace,
Mr DJA

Please stop stop it.
feel like changing my flight now. drinking smiley

Date: September 15, 2017 15:52

Yeah! Like our Steinschlag sings so beautifully: Let's spend The night together (hopefully with a better ending than on this one) smileys with beer

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 15, 2017 16:37

DandelionPowderman
Yeah! Like our Steinschlag sings so beautifully: Let's spend The night together (hopefully with a better ending than on this one) smileys with beer

[www.youtube.com]

Give it a good live-punch and and enjoy the gig!! thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home