Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: NO FILTER? - NO NEW ALBUM ?- NO UK DATES ?- NO POINT TOUR ??
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 23, 2017 00:32

Life is unfair.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 23, 2017 01:01

laertisflash
Tonstone, the fact that you can't afford to attend shows outwith UK is absolutely accessible. I just hope the Stones will play in the UK next year. And, hey, I'm from Greece... So, believe me, I fully understand all the issues about today's financial difficulties. Best wishes.

Belonging to the worker class / middle class in Argentina I can easily understand that kind of issues too!
Let's keep our fingers crossed for a 2018 UK tour!
smileys with beer

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 23, 2017 01:55

Arnhem decent ticket £130
Return from Manchester to Amsterdam £64
Return train to Arnhem £30
Airbnb in Arnhem £50
Total well under £300
About the same as a mid price seat at the o2 in 2012
And I know which I'd rather be doing :-)

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:11

I'm lucky enough to be going from Glasgow to see them in Amsterdam (thanks to my generous brother-in-law) at the time I thought he'd jumped the gun with the booking thinking there was sure to be UK dates added around November. Genuinely surprised they are not playing their home country. Really don't mean to sound ageist but we're talking a year down the road from now for any UK shows.....Time Waits For No One.

I can only think they will play major venues next year and then after that it really will be all over. sad smiley

"All I Hear Is Doom And Gloom"

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 23, 2017 08:20

When London ticket price details are announced, you'll regret not having taken a budget flight to see them in Europe.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:44

slewan
Brexit = UK is not a part of Europe anymore, thus it's only logical that an European tour does not include the UK…

..of course the UK is part of Europe just not the autocratic European Union

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 09:47 by carouslambra.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 23, 2017 10:02

The Rolling Stones are a London band. They started in London and will return to London. I bet there will be a complete UK tour next year. Cross your fingers and start saving up.

We should be thankful for having them around. They are in their mid 70's, most people are retired at that age.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 23, 2017 10:17

bv
The Rolling Stones are a London band. They started in London and will return to London. I bet there will be a complete UK tour next year. Cross your fingers and start saving up.

We should be thankful for having them around. They are in their mid 70's, most people are retired at that age.

thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 23, 2017 10:18

GJB
Objectively the stones shows are expensive, but in a few years time there won't be stones shows to go to, so if you can spend it now and save later I reckon!

Interesting angle, something to keep in mind indeed!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 23, 2017 11:48

DeanGoodman
When London ticket price details are announced, you'll regret not having taken a budget flight to see them in Europe.

A dreadful thought indeed, I think those of us that would like to see them in London had better either brace ourselves - or else simply get on and re-mortgage the house, the garden, the car, the bicycle, the food in the fridge, the clothes on one's back, the cat's food, the dog's toys, etc etc !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 14:12

paulywaul
DeanGoodman

A dreadful thought indeed, I think those of us that would like to see them in London had better either brace ourselves - or else simply get on and re-mortgage the house, the garden, the car, the bicycle, the food in the fridge, the clothes on one's back, the cat's food, the dog's toys, etc etc !!

I'm going to Lucky Dip the UK next year apart from maybe 1 show (if that!). I'm Lucky Dipping Paris 1 & 2 on the basis that I'll get a decent spot for at least 1 show out of 2.

Re: NO FILTER? - NO NEW ALBUM ?- NO UK DATES ?- NO POINT TOUR
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 23, 2017 14:22

Nate
Tonstone
OK just having a rant very disappointed about no UK Dates - If they wanted they could easily fix UK venues, Don't give me this crap about no suitable venues. So what is the point of this European Tour No Filter Tour'. What are we promoting ? No New Album - Ok why not call it 'Catch Us While You Can Tour'- I love the Stones but I am not privileged enough to pay £1000 per show [Travel and tickets] Today you just lost a die hard fan. The Day the music died.

In a couple of years time you will regret not jumping on short plane ride and going to watch them and it certainly doesn't have to cost anything like £1000 a show.

Nate

Based on this very reasoning, I skipped O2 Arena in 2012 (which actually would have costed me approximately 1000 €, all things considered) and I must say Nate is right. I regret not having gone to those gigs, even if the tickets were ridiculously charged.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 23, 2017 14:27

You always regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: May 23, 2017 14:28

The reason there are no UK dates is simply that it is too late in the year to play outdoor stadiums. As most of us know already, it's all about money and they won't make as much indoors.

Re: NO FILTER? - NO NEW ALBUM ?- NO UK DATES ?- NO POINT TOUR
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 14:59

Wild Slivovitz
Nate
Tonstone
OK just having a rant very disappointed about no UK Dates - If they wanted they could easily fix UK venues, Don't give me this crap about no suitable venues. So what is the point of this European Tour No Filter Tour'. What are we promoting ? No New Album - Ok why not call it 'Catch Us While You Can Tour'- I love the Stones but I am not privileged enough to pay £1000 per show [Travel and tickets] Today you just lost a die hard fan. The Day the music died.

In a couple of years time you will regret not jumping on short plane ride and going to watch them and it certainly doesn't have to cost anything like £1000 a show.

Nate

Based on this very reasoning, I skipped O2 Arena in 2012 (which actually would have costed me approximately 1000 €, all things considered) and I must say Nate is right. I regret not having gone to those gigs, even if the tickets were ridiculously charged.

I wasn't going to go at all, outraged by the prices. But all the programmes on UK TV in the days leading up to it put me right in the mood and I thought, hey , it's the Stones and it's their 1st show in 5 years, when we all thought it was all over. It helps that I live 80 miles West of London so I jumped in my car, parked in West London and got a tube to the O2 where I spent 2-3 hours sniffing around for a cheap spare ticket. I finally got one very late on for £100 from Seatwave(face £326) but missed the 1st 4 songs. The 18 songs I heard were brilliant and I regret it not a jot.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 23, 2017 15:18

There are surely gonna be a couple of last shows in the UK next year. My bet is on London and (maybe) N.Y City the week before.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 23, 2017 16:46

Hi guy's thank you all for your well balanced comments and discussions. My initial frustration and rant is well and truly over. The events in Manchester last night put all things into perspective,my thoughts and prayers go out to all families who have had loved ones involved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 16:46 by Tonstone.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 23, 2017 18:46

Tonstone
Hi guy's thank you all for your well balanced comments and discussions. My initial frustration and rant is well and truly over.

Good and if you decide to attend a show thru "Lucly Dips" don't forget to bring 10 pork chops and 5 kilos of white wheat. ;-)

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: May 23, 2017 20:45

The Rolling Stones do not need a Tour album anymore, because they are The Rolling Stones! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 23, 2017 21:17

Ladykiller
The Rolling Stones do not need a Tour album anymore, because they are The Rolling Stones! >grinning smiley<

Chuck Berry toured for around 36 years without putting out a 'tour album'.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 21:22

Somebody complaining that they have seen the stones 25 times but cant this year is laughable. You've seen them 25 times, this is not a big deal. You need some fresh air and to experience a little bit of life outside the stones.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 24, 2017 04:48

Who said there won't be a new album? The last info I heard was that they made some new songs when the did Blue and Lonesome. Then did't Charlie say recently they went back in the studio or was it an old interview?

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 24, 2017 05:11

jlowe
Ladykiller

Chuck Berry toured for around 36 years without putting out a 'tour album'.

Exactly.

And, similar to Mr Berry, the band is an increasingly pale shadow of its once-daunting self with every one of those passing years.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 24, 2017 05:13

Some days the Stones will be no more and everybody here with be crying.

Date: May 24, 2017 06:14

More Hot Rocks
Some days the Stones will be no more and everybody here with be crying.

Not I, alas. I shed my last tear for them in the parking lot at Anaheim Stadium in 1978 after a show in which they revealed themselves to be cartoonish cut-ups rather than dangerous badasses who strode the earth.

Thankfully, though, there's that glorious first decade of their recording career that continues to reward repeated listenings over the years.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 24, 2017 12:16

LongBeachArena72

...And, similar to Mr Berry, the band is an increasingly pale shadow of its once-daunting self with every one of those passing years.

They still provide in my opinion the best evening's entertainment you can get outside the bedroom grinning smiley

Date: May 24, 2017 12:21

Sometimes we get this, though, that's what makes it worthwhile to me: There is always something good smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 24, 2017 15:23

DandelionPowderman
Sometimes we get this, though, that's what makes it worthwhile to me: There is always something good smiling smiley

That's sweet. Nice performance by the band. Jazz Hands Jagger almost unwatchable though.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 24, 2017 17:59

yorkshirestone
Arnhem decent ticket £130
Return from Manchester to Amsterdam £64
Return train to Arnhem £30
Airbnb in Arnhem £50
Total well under £300
About the same as a mid price seat at the o2 in 2012
And I know which I'd rather be doing :-)

...Point, game, set & match! smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 24, 2017 19:18

Spud
LongBeachArena72

...And, similar to Mr Berry, the band is an increasingly pale shadow of its once-daunting self with every one of those passing years.

They still provide in my opinion the best evening's entertainment you can get outside the bedroom grinning smiley

And much like the bedroom, they USED TO provide the best evening's entertainment. You can take a pill for the bedroom, but nothing is bringing Wyman back, or Keith's guitar playing. Or an interesting setlist.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home