Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 7, 2017 12:58

That video only confirms one thing. Kids these days, although they stay in school for twenty years, are not getting any smarter.

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:07

The Stones No Filter Tour 2017 is a top media event in Germany, as was many a tour before.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:09

Stoneage
That video only confirms one thing. Kids these days, although they stay in school for twenty years, are not getting any smarter.

...and kids these days, as always, will be 'The People' tomorrow.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:21

Mick Jagger checking the stage in Hamburg Stadtpark

http://www.bild.de/regional/hamburg/rolling-stones/im-sturm-in-hamburg-53124224.bild.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-07 13:25 by 1962.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:26

Stoneage

With all due respect, how much music / musicians older than your grandparents (closer to grand grand parents actually) did you know as a kid? Let alone the fact, that those responses were most likely picked up out of many where the kids knew who The Stones were of course.

I seriously doubt that there have ever been a time in the history when people who passed certain age thought otherwise. Same old, same old. A am sure kids today are no worse than any other kids in any other time. Living in different circumstances, yes, but no way worse as such.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-07 13:27 by Happy24.

Date: September 7, 2017 13:27

Latest weather forecast, at this point of time with certain reliability.

Showers to end by early afternoon.
From 1400 hrs till sunset (2000 hrs) fair at 16/17 degr C.
Thereafter clear at 14/15 degr C.

d.f

PS: Apart from the Landhaus Walter thing, anything new on pre or after show party?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:34

Weather seems to be improving. Just need a jacket for the temperature drop hopefully. thumbs up

sc uk

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:37

Sure Happy24. I do agree with you somewhat. But these "kids" seems to be around 20 or something. Young adults rather. And I must say that, when I was twenty, I did recognize Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra or Glenn Miller on a photo. Some things are common knowledge. Or at least should be...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:37

I voted for UMT in the end but would be happy enough with SSC.

I'm in Hamburg and tried to go out earlier, but it was absolutely pissing down with rain horribly. I lasted 10 minutes before I came back.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:40

exhpart
Mick will be fine first show but you are right to mention it. Cold Northern European Autumn plus outdoor gigs are not a happy combination. Still...
...lets not tempt fate

Actually I think I noticed the usual box of kleenex on some rehearsal pictures next to his stuff. Like someone posted in 2012 it seems he's got a permanent cold these days! At the O2 he was blowing his nose a lot, the singing was fine though.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:49

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:51

The big question is if there will be dress rehearsals today?
Tomorrow will be monsoon day and day before the show - they have to do it today I assume?

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: September 7, 2017 13:54

Plink
bye bye johnny

Look out Hamburg, here I come!

[twitter.com]

What a fantastic shot! Keith looks rarin' to go smiling bouncing smiley Thanks for posting thumbs up
I thought the tee might be another in the Keith series by CF Davinki. Sure enough, it is [cfdavinki.com]
Great picture!
I wonder how much helping hands he needed to get up again ;-)

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 7, 2017 14:17

Stoneage

The irony of this comment is outstanding. Also, the sweeping generalisations made here are pathetic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-07 14:18 by Bastion.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 7, 2017 14:18

dead.flowers
The Stones No Filter Tour 2017 is a top media event in Germany, as was many a tour before.

Many mistakes with image descriptions in this publication like confusing Anita with Gram Parsons or Mick with Keith or 1995 with 1977 and so on.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 7, 2017 14:27

Excitement building up! Almost done packing my bags. Hampton '81 playing in the background. Coffee and a shot of Chivas.

This is going to be good.

Will land at Hamburg Airport towards 10 AM tomorrow morning.

My Saturday plans depend on the weather. Might drop by the Hard Rock Café if it keeps raining all afternoon. Probably not going to get soaked at the venue since I'm in the Silver Pit anyhow.

We'll see. If I get to HRC I'll loudly ask if anybody is from IORR winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-07 14:29 by Topi.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 14:35

Stoneage
Sure Happy24. I do agree with you somewhat. But these "kids" seems to be around 20 or something. Young adults rather. And I must say that, when I was twenty, I did recognize Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra or Glenn Miller on a photo. Some things are common knowledge. Or at least should be...

Fair enough, I get your point of course. But as I wrote, I am sure they asked waaay many more kids/young people to get a couple of stupid responses in order to get this "shocking" result. I think we can aggree it is a stupid video in the first place smiling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 7, 2017 14:36

bv
It takes almost two hours to walk around the site in Stadtpark, as it is all fenced up now. So make sure you have plenty of time when you arrive, it is a large area, and you need to know where the entrances are.

...Any advice on where to go (which entrance to take) when you've got tix for that 'Silver Pit', anyone?

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 7, 2017 14:36

Topi
Excitement building up! Almost done packing my bags. Hampton '81 playing in the background. Coffee and a shot of Chivas.

This is going to be good.

Will land at Hamburg Airport towards 10 AM tomorrow morning.

My Saturday plans depend on the weather. Might drop by the Hard Rock Café if it keeps raining all afternoon. Probably not going to get soaked at the venue since I'm in the Silver Pit anyhow.

We'll see. If I get to HRC I'll loudly ask if anybody is from IORR winking smiley

Nice - me and the gang is arriving tonight at 10 pm smiling smiley might try a beer or two after thatsmiling smiley

Posted by: TE ()
Date: September 7, 2017 14:38

http://www.bild.de/regional/hamburg/rolling-stones/im-sturm-in-hamburg-53124224.bild.html

So Chucky Klapow is still in charge of the "Moves/dancing by Jagger".

TE
Oslo

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 7, 2017 14:49

TE

So Chucky Klapow is still in charge of the "Moves/dancing by Jagger".

TE
Oslo

Well give the man a bonus cuz Jagger looks FIT as a fiddle! thumbs upsmiling smiley

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 14:52

Silver Pit seems to be far far away if this is the final fence. I am not amused Sir Jagger.
Fortunatly I only paid 150€ for the ticket.

Date: September 7, 2017 15:01

latvianinexile
dead.flowers

Many mistakes with image descriptions in this publication like confusing Anita with Gram Parsons or Mick with Keith or 1995 with 1977 and so on.

Sure thing, that's how it is with most media. I haven't read or would even buy this print product. Actually I wanted to emphasize the media hype that the Stones still create whereever they show up.

d.f

Look forward to seeing your great pics again in due course, Latvian. Hopefully.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 7, 2017 15:18

blutsvente66
Silver Pit seems to be far far away if this is the final fence. I am not amused Sir Jagger.

Maybe it's far away, but still it is exactly in accordance with the layout first presented by the organizer (thinking of the fence being right in front of the two towers).

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 7, 2017 15:26

i really do like the stage, it took em 30 years to get rid of those baroquesque steel monsters (outodoor)

and the bstage at least looks also quite low for their and every big outdoor act standards

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 7, 2017 15:28

Thanks, 1962.

[www.bild.de]

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 7, 2017 15:31

Happy24
Stoneage

With all due respect, how much music / musicians older than your grandparents (closer to grand grand parents actually) did you know as a kid? Let alone the fact, that those responses were most likely picked up out of many where the kids knew who The Stones were of course.

I seriously doubt that there have ever been a time in the history when people who passed certain age thought otherwise. Same old, same old. A am sure kids today are no worse than any other kids in any other time. Living in different circumstances, yes, but no way worse as such.

thumbs up +1

Our youngest son aged 19 who is a smart, intelligent guy certainly does not even know ten Rolling Stones songs although his dad (who was about seven years old when they started) is a huge RS fan.

Date: September 7, 2017 15:33

blutsvente66
i think all down below you can see the fence for the GA. So the Silver Ticket area is HUGE.

Date: September 7, 2017 15:34

Also, the towers look like the Pisa one.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 7, 2017 15:36

I always suspected that the Silver pit area would be quite large, mainly because so many people seem to have tickets in that section. Not just here on IORR, but on the black market, ebay, social media etc. It seems to be many silver pit tickets around.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home