Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 6, 2017 15:56

TooTight
During Licks and BtB tours, didn't they just have drums and piano sitting on the B stage already?

I dont think so. Actually cant remember exactly but I was at Bercy standing close to the bstage and have nothing that bugged my view. think that they turned them up from down under

not sure though

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:10

maumau
There is no enough place from drums and piano and dancing / posing

dont agree, and it's pretty clear that this is no usual catwalk. dont think the 2002-2003 bstage was much bigger. chuck was standing in a corner with kb at the time. judging from the proportions in the picture (people, drumset) ther's plenty of space.

yeas, as I have said in the previous pages here, I would bet some euros on a B&L blues set up front. And Keith's guitar showcase on instagram kind of confirm the POSSIBILITY

Also taking into consideration that B&L did so well in the sales - maybe people will really like a bit blues. I will certainly love it!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:13

With this large B-stage I just hope they (Mick) won't do it like Aerosmith, where Steven Tyler spends 90% of time on the B-stage with his back to the people in the FOS.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:25

I don't think the end of the catwalk is a b-stage, at least not if we compare it with those we remember from BTB, Licks and ABB tours. On Bridges to Babylon and Licks, they had all the gear (amps, drumkits, Keyboards etc.) already rigged inside and placed on an elevator that was lowered during the show on the main stage and later lifted up during the b-stage set. (On ABB they simply detached the main stage piece with drums, keyboards etc. and rolled it out on rails.) It doesn't seem to be any such functions on this particular "b-stage". If they play a few numbers on this one, the crew must somehow transport a drum kit + other gear manually during the show. It's doable, but can be a bit risky and clumsy.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:28

The Worst.
I don't think the end of the catwalk is a b-stage, at least not if we compare it with those we remember from BTB, Licks and ABB tours. On Bridges to Babylon and Licks, they had all the gear (amps, drumkits, Keyboards etc.) already rigged inside and placed on an elevator that was lowered during the show on the main stage and later lifted up during the b-stage set. (On ABB they simply detached the main stage piece with drums, keyboards etc. and rolled it out on rails.) It doesn't seem to be any such functions on this particular "b-stage". If they play a few numbers on this one, the crew must somehow transport a drum kit + other gear manually during the show. It's doable, but can be a bit risky and clumsy.

+1

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:30

frankotero
The FOS does in fact look good, possible they will play some blues at the end of the catwalk. This is great for everyone. But it's not the 400 people capacity area directly in front of the stage. All I'm saying and hoping is there will be an equitable compensation. Guess I will have to talk to someone when I get there. I'm very upset about the price and it ends up being the usual FOS that we used to get for free. This can not be justified in my opinion. Maybe they'll be good to me and I can eat my words. I'd be okay with that. Anyhow I don't want to bring down anyone's good time, suppose I'm trying to share my experience and thoughts with others in the same situation.

Was that capacity ever confirmed by a promoter ? It certainly looks like the Hamburg setup could accommodate a lot more people...and looks nowhere near as nice as the 50th "Tongue Pit" :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:34

gotdablouse
frankotero
The FOS does in fact look good, possible they will play some blues at the end of the catwalk. This is great for everyone. But it's not the 400 people capacity area directly in front of the stage. All I'm saying and hoping is there will be an equitable compensation. Guess I will have to talk to someone when I get there. I'm very upset about the price and it ends up being the usual FOS that we used to get for free. This can not be justified in my opinion. Maybe they'll be good to me and I can eat my words. I'd be okay with that. Anyhow I don't want to bring down anyone's good time, suppose I'm trying to share my experience and thoughts with others in the same situation.

Was that capacity ever confirmed by a promoter ? It certainly looks like the Hamburg setup could accommodate a lot more people...and looks nowhere near as nice as the 50th "Tongue Pit" :-(

Like Frank said: This form of pit (divided by a catwalk) wasn´t promoted
in Germany. The pit was a square in the middle right in front of Charlie.

So this actual setting is not what they have sold for very big bucks.

I have the same bad feeling for Paris.

Date: September 6, 2017 16:37

Seems like the Silver Pit will be 100 meters
away from the A-stage... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:39

TooTough
gotdablouse
frankotero

I noticed on the few rehearsal pics that the catwalk was marked on the ground in front of Mick... I also doubt that they might change the design, but if they had 2 catwalks (1 on each end of the B stage) it would look like the plans. Is this something that may vary depending on the shows ????

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:41

The Worst.

But remember, Charlie's got the worlds smallest drum kit! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:44

Here's the new Spielberg layout...
For reference note the "No Filter Pit" designation now!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:45

Thommie
The Worst.

But remember, Charlie's got the worlds smallest drum kit! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

U2 managed to have 3 different drum kits on the Innocence and Experience Tour. One on the main stage, one on the e-stage and one inside the screen (although this was not a complete drum set). the drum kit on the e-stage was built within a few minutes while they where playing.

Some pictures:

[4.bp.blogspot.com]

[3.bp.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-06 16:48 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:50

Metallica raised up a dedicated drum kit, that was hidden under the stage, for Lars to play 'Seek and Destroy' at the front end of their 'Snake Pit' ramps...on a much smaller area than this one!

PLENTY of room for a blues jam!

The countdown to Christmas is on...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 6, 2017 16:55

TooTough

Seems like the Silver Pit will be 100 meters
away from the A-stage... eye rolling smiley

That's the reason for me thinking about selling my tix for Düsseldorf...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 6, 2017 17:03

frankotero

I agree with you - the pit layout at the time of ticket purchase was nothing like it now appears to be, which means that it's another case of misrepresentation similar to the Hyde Park tier 1 fiasco. You only have to look at the diagram on the very first page of this thread to see that.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: September 6, 2017 17:12

Dear EVENTIM-customer,

only a few days! On Saturday, September 9, 2017 “The Rolling Stones” will be coming with their "No Filter" tour to Festwiese in the Hamburg Stadtpark.

Below is a list of detailed information you’ll need to review in order to collect your Lucky Dip tickets.

Please pick up your Lucky Dip tickets at the wheelchair/handicap entrance. You will reach the wheelchair entrance via Saarlandstrasse. Enter the Stadtpark at Alte Wöhr/Saarlandstrasse and follow the signs to the wheelchair entrance. We recommend arriving from the S-Bahn station Rübenkamp. Please see attached map for your reference.
You can collect your Lucky Dip tickets from 2:00 PM on.
Your photo ID, confirmation number, and the credit card used to make the purchase are required for pick-up. You will not be permitted to pick up your tickets without these three (3) items.
You must pick up your tickets in person, along with your guest.
If we suspect any reselling or transfer of these tickets they will be immediately voided and you will not be entitled to any refund.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Below are some very general guidelines we’ve included to help you plan accordingly:

The promoter FKP Scorpio and the police of Hamburg plead all guests to arrive early, in order to get on site stress-free and on schedule. There will not be parking areas at the ‘Stadtpark’ and the surrounding area, moreover road closures will be built. Therefore the arrival by public transport or bike is strongly recommended. The concert ticket contains usage of the HVV public transport. A bike parking area will be arranged. For general event and venue information please visit: www.fkpscorpio.com/de/stones-hamburg.

Doors are scheduled to open already at 2:00 PM. There are going to be two entrances and one additional for guests with handicaps. A strict policy for bags and backpacks will apply! On the website www.fkpscorpio.com/de/stones-hamburg you can also find a list of all items that can be taken on site, as well as the prohibited ones. Please have your ticket ready for electronic scanning when arriving at the entrance.

On site there will be a wide range of gastronomic offerings, sweetening the waiting period with special dishes and discounted drinks within the context of “Happy Hours” between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM.

For any questions about your event please feel free to contact our customer care team ([email protected]).

We wish you a great show!

Kind regards
EVENTIM-service team

some videos:
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com] (only German language)

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: September 6, 2017 17:16

Have to admit that the pit doesn't look too bad. Certainly not the same as the tongue pit as 5 years ago but keep in mind that the overall capacity in Hamburg is 4 to 5 times bigger than those shows. Maybe the form of the pit wasn't as promoted but if it was promoted as the actual situation, wouldn't you have bought the tickets??
I agree you pay a premium price for the pit but 98% of the audience will be behind you...smiling smiley
Can't wait!

Hendrik Mulder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-06 17:31 by Hendrik.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 6, 2017 17:21

TooTough
gotdablouse
frankotero

Agreed on the changed design. I was just wondering where the 400 number came from, I seem to remember that's what it was for the 50th Arenas ? Clearly it seems like it could be a lot more here, almost like the VIP Circle in Paris in 2014 which was something like 3000 ? Actually it doesn't extend as far out as in Paris but at least in Paris you could go from one side of the central ramp to the other, not here apparently and they cost 150 euros !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-06 17:23 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: September 6, 2017 17:35

My guess is about 1000-1250 people at each side.

Hendrik Mulder

Date: September 6, 2017 17:37

Hendrik

Hendrik Mulder

If they sell all tickets...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 6, 2017 17:39

gotdablouse

Was that capacity ever confirmed by a promoter ?

No - néver, as far as I know. All that talk about "400 people" has been 'wishful thinking' from starters.
(But I must admit I consider a 'Pit' of, let's say, > 1.000 (approx.), not a pit at all ; and therefore a bit of 'false' marketing if so.)

Now let's not mix up possible/ maximal capacity ( = purely a matter of available surface...) with 'full' capacity ( = matter of ticket sales), here - I agree, this pit looks (slightly) bigger than maybe expected; but as long as only 3 quarters of it will effectively be used, you're in for a very comfortable concert experience. Part of the point of (being in) the pit, I'd say (at least to my taste.)

But where does the idea come from that it was éver "right in front of Charlie "...? (And what does that even mean - that implies some notion of being 'in' the stage; right in the middle of it - where all the Jagger & the string section action is... that would be simply ridiculous to assume, imo...)

All I ever saw was a pit in front of a stage, and a catwalk surrounding it.

This pit lives up to my expectations.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 6, 2017 17:47

TooTough
Hendrik

Hendrik Mulder

If they sell all tickets...

Yes, to me it seems unlikely they would sell 2000-2500 pit tickets.
But maybe the pit differs in size from venue to venue depending on ticket sale?

Date: September 6, 2017 17:49

RoughJusticeOnYa
But where does the idea come from that it was éver "right in front of Charlie "...? (And what does that even mean - that implies some notion of being 'in' the stage; right in the middle of it - where all the Jagger & the string section action is... that would be simply ridiculous to assume, imo...)

Once again: The advertised pit was in the middle in front of the
A-stage. There´s the possibility to stand "in front of Charlie" -
the middle. Some people like that. You just don´t want to understand.

Date: September 6, 2017 17:55

i think more 500 each side.

Date: September 6, 2017 17:59

TooTough
RoughJusticeOnYa

Once again: The advertised pit was in the middle in front of the
A-stage. There´s the possibility to stand "in front of Charlie" -
the middle. Some people like that. You just don´t want to understand.
maybe he didn't pay so much for his ticketgrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-06 18:00 by 1962.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 6, 2017 18:04

there's a song vote on

ADTL
ER
SSC

and another one i cant recall grinning smiley

ah... UMT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-06 18:06 by maumau.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 6, 2017 18:06

Thank you TooTough, you understand me. This is a clear misrepresentation and I don't believe it's debatable. But to each is own.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 6, 2017 18:07

Under My Thumb. Great choices! Let's see if Mick is brave enough to sing Under My Thumb. I can live with any of these songs.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 6, 2017 18:07

maumau
there's a song vote on

ADTL
ER
SSC

Under My Thumb

Going with.. She's So Cold

Date: September 6, 2017 18:09

MisterDDDD
maumau
there's a song vote on

ADTL
ER
SSC

Under My Thumb

Going with.. She's So Cold

where is the song vote????