Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 15, 2017 18:33

Monsoon Ragoon
Maindefender
Monsoon Ragoon
Maindefender
Monsoon Ragoon
tiffanyblu
Monsoon Ragoon
Cristiano Radtke
Nothing new here, I'm just posting this video for those who like to "collect" them.

Rolling Stones in Stockholm 2017

Not even Stockholm is sold out?

No , still lots of GS and Front standing left

Maybe they should have used different cities this time around (like in Spain). Some places are the same or in the same region as 2014 (Paris, Dusseldorf, Denmark, Stockholm).

They are playing Barcelona, what cities were you contemplating?? Gibraltar, I'm sure that's what you're thinking.....tongue sticking out smiley

Please read before you comment something.

Cordoba?? Ahhh problem solved....

I don't know what's your problem. I said it was RIGHT to get good sales to chose Barcelona this time and not Madrid again. In Sweden they would have probably better sales in Gothenburg were they last played many years ago. There's no real competitor for Paris, though.

Good point about Stockholm v Gothenburg. However another issue may also be the venue. The Friends Arena has a reputation for very poor concert acoustics. This in contrast to the Tele2 in the same city which has a much better reputation. I was at the Tele2 show in 2014 and the sound was excellent from my spot in GC, Keith side.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 15, 2017 18:35

Monsoon Ragoon
In Sweden they would have probably better sales in Gothenburg

Ullevi Stadium in mid-October...?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 15, 2017 18:40

Monsoon Ragoon
Maindefender
Monsoon Ragoon
Maindefender
Monsoon Ragoon
tiffanyblu
Monsoon Ragoon
Cristiano Radtke
Nothing new here, I'm just posting this video for those who like to "collect" them.

Rolling Stones in Stockholm 2017

Not even Stockholm is sold out?

No , still lots of GS and Front standing left

Maybe they should have used different cities this time around (like in Spain). Some places are the same or in the same region as 2014 (Paris, Dusseldorf, Denmark, Stockholm).

They are playing Barcelona, what cities were you contemplating?? Gibraltar, I'm sure that's what you're thinking.....tongue sticking out smiley

Please read before you comment something.

Cordoba?? Ahhh problem solved....

I don't know what's your problem. I said it was RIGHT to get good sales to chose Barcelona this time and not Madrid again. In Sweden they would have probably better sales in Gothenburg were they last played many years ago. There's no real competitor for Paris, though.

So let it be written........

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: August 15, 2017 18:42

I want to apply for the MasterCard contest and then see later if I want to pay the amount or not if I get chosen.

But I get a message that there was a problem with their system as soon as I type in the first 8 digits of the card number. Did it work for anyone?

Edit: Worked now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-15 18:51 by MonkeyMan2000.

Date: August 15, 2017 18:42

erikjjf
Monsoon Ragoon

D'uh - good point. I guess Gothenburg has no covered stadium while Stockholm has 2. All shows up to Barcelona on 27th are outdoor and all further shows are indoor.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 15, 2017 18:58

grzegorz67
erikjjf
Monsoon Ragoon

D'uh - good point. I guess Gothenburg has no covered stadium while Stockholm has 2. All shows up to Barcelona on 27th are outdoor and all further shows are indoor.

Okay. That's an argument.

Date: August 15, 2017 19:58

grzegorz67
erikjjf
Monsoon Ragoon

And they probably didn't feel like trying the sauna in Telenor Arena again smiling smiley

Date: August 15, 2017 20:20

DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
erikjjf
Monsoon Ragoon

And they probably didn't feel like trying the sauna in Telenor Arena again smiling smiley

Most certainly not, DP grinning smiley I've been to the Telenor twice and thought the sound was fine but not perfect. Its biggest problem by far is ventillation, which was appalling at both shows. Sweaty and horrible sad smiley It must have been hard for a bunch of guys in their 70s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-16 13:04 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: August 16, 2017 17:00

Hi, maybe you know when they will tell what I can bring for a show (I think about camera or something, bag etc.)?

Date: August 16, 2017 17:38

zgredzik
Hi, maybe you know when they will tell what I can bring for a show (I think about camera or something, bag etc.)?

In my experience, they've always allowed a small rucksack and non professional camera i.e. no long lenses. On only 1 occasion have I ever seen a no rucksacks rule and that was the Who in Bologna last year. Bags and cameras were still fine.

I'd imagine it's down to the individual venues what to allow.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 18:02

grzegorz67
zgredzik

In my experience, they've always allowed a small rucksack and non professional camera i.e. no long lenses. On only 1 occasion have I ever seen a no rucksacks rule and that was the Who in Bologna last year. Bags and cameras were still fine.

Because of the general situation (terrorism etc) they only allow bags smaller than Din A4 at many venues since a few months.

Date: August 16, 2017 19:21

hockenheim95
grzegorz67
zgredzik

Because of the general situation (terrorism etc) they only allow bags smaller than Din A4 at many venues since a few months.

Is that in Germany, Hockenheim? I'm coming to Hamburg so useful to know if so. I'll just have to wear a jacket with some big pockets, like I do whenever I fly, to avoid paying to check in luggage grinning smiley

It's a fair rule to be honest.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 17, 2017 02:25

grzegorz67
hockenheim95
grzegorz67
zgredzik

Is that in Germany, Hockenheim? I'm coming to Hamburg so useful to know if so. I'll just have to wear a jacket with some big pockets, like I do whenever I fly, to avoid paying to check in luggage grinning smiley

What is Din A4 in terms of inches?

Plexi

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 17, 2017 10:56

timbernardis
grzegorz67
hockenheim95

Plexi

in centimetres:
21 cm × 29,7 cm

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: August 17, 2017 11:24

I wonder if they will do "Roll Over Beethoven" and others by Chuck Berry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-20 00:55 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: August 17, 2017 12:28

timbernardis
grzegorz67
hockenheim95
grzegorz67
zgredzik

Plexi

Google censored in Montana?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 17, 2017 13:27

Yes

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 17, 2017 16:41

Ronnie on BBC Radio 2: Rehearsals start next week!

Ronnie on BBC 2

Date: August 17, 2017 16:42

Opening for the Stones in Austria: KALEO from Iceland!

See icelandmonitor.mbl.is for this.

Sorry if this is late news ...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 17, 2017 17:01

waterrats

Kaleo and John Lee Hooker Jr. [mailchi.mp]

From this post.

Date: August 17, 2017 17:15

Cristiano Radtke
waterrats

From this post.

Thanks Chris!
Maybe then the Ronnie interview with BBC2 was also late here? sad smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 17, 2017 17:20

waterrats
Cristiano Radtke
waterrats

From this post.

Thanks Chris!
Maybe then the Ronnie interview with BBC2 was also late here? sad smiley

When it comes to these kind of infos it's never too late. smileys with beer

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 17, 2017 19:46

Ronnie is a funny guy , he actually said the Stones are getting better all the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-17 20:32 by stone4ever.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: August 18, 2017 10:38

stone4ever
Ronnie is a funny guy , he actually said the Stones are getting better all the time.

He's been saying that for years!

Date: August 18, 2017 11:55

rebelrebel
stone4ever

He's been saying that for years!

And he's right! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 18, 2017 15:03

chatoyancy
My Stones friend told me rehearsals start next week in Los Angeles but I'm very skeptical because that's a long way from Europe. It's wishful thinking on her part. She's in Los Angeles, imagines the Stones are following her around.

You're right to be skeptical! They're rehearsing in London.

Date: August 18, 2017 15:29

Wondering if i am alone in thinking i hope this is the last set of shows by the Stones ( may be Just a few more London dates ) before they carry on that bit too long and it all ends in tears.
Personally i think they have already gone on a bit too long.
I would hate for one of them to just keel over onstage and it come to an end like that. Lets have them finish on top and vertical, although a few London dates to finish up with would be the icing on the cake. Finish were they started, yeah i would love that.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 18, 2017 18:02

stone4ever
Wondering if i am alone in thinking i hope this is the last set of shows by the Stones ( may be Just a few more London dates ) before they carry on that bit too long and it all ends in tears.
I would hate for one of them to just keel over onstage and it come to an end like that. Lets have them finish on top and vertical, although a few London dates to finish up with would be the icing on the cake. Finish were they started, yeah i would love that.

I have a feeling that that's indeed their (tentative) plan, but they would not openly declare it. Then again, as long as their collective health allows it and as long as people are coming to the shows, they might feel tempted to continue doing a handful of shows every year - working for a month, enjoying the rest of the year, so to speak.

Date: August 18, 2017 18:19

retired_dog
stone4ever

I have a feeling that that's indeed their (tentative) plan, but they would not openly declare it. Then again, as long as their collective health allows it and as long as people are coming to the shows, they might feel tempted to continue doing a handful of shows every year - working for a month, enjoying the rest of the year, so to speak.

Well yes it has worked out very well for them so far. Who knows, they could work this way for another few years, and who can blame them. I just hope that somehow they find the right time to say ok that's it, we have played our last show and bow out on top..
I always think of the boxer who has one fight too many, just wouldn't want to see any of them have to cancel the tour because of ill health.
Lets have them finish with a bang and not a whimper.
One thing's for sure, people will always continue to come to their shows smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 18, 2017 20:23

Someone had mentioned to not be surprised if the Stones return to the US after the rumoured London shows to tie in with a supposed new album. Considering the London shows are mere rumours, and a new album seems questionable at this point, I can't see it happening. Personally, I'd like to see them wrap it up in London, but if they have the urge to continue who am I to say.

Aside from the mini-private show, their last real show in the U.S was the abbreviated Vegas show where Mick was not 100%. Would be nice if they would correct that bit of history with a real show where they're all on the same page. The prices would no doubt be outrageous again, so I'd happily watch via periscope...UNLESS I can get a lucky dip or a massive discounted ticket the day of show via stubhub....AND if they play within 100 miles from where I live (oir maybe Vegas).

In the meantime, looking forward to following the all of the news of this current tour, and hope all who attend have a GREAT time...no matter what happens, seems the end of the road is near.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2190
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home