Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 11, 2017 02:59

Cristiano Radtke
"It’s just over four weeks until we’re back out on the road, looking forward to seeing you all #StonesNoFilter"

[www.instagram.com]

(Photo originally posted on 30 September 2016. See here: [twitter.com])

Wait a minute ... somethin's fishy ... we had clearly established in the other thread that Mick is at best 'amateurish' on the six-string ... what's a guy who can carely *play* a guitar need with so damn many of 'em?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 11, 2017 06:12

LongBeachArena72
Cristiano Radtke
"It’s just over four weeks until we’re back out on the road, looking forward to seeing you all #StonesNoFilter"

[www.instagram.com]

Wait a minute ... somethin's fishy ... we had clearly established in the other thread that Mick is at best 'amateurish' on the six-string ... what's a guy who can carely *play* a guitar need with so damn many of 'em?

It's similar to someone who can't cook that well but has a vast array of pots and pans in their kitchen - including two woks!
Not to mention a food processor, a blender, a crock pot, and a even toaster. Just because they have a well equipped kitchen, doesn't mean they're of Master Chef quality!

Date: August 11, 2017 06:51

Hairball
LongBeachArena72
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

It's similar to someone who can't cook that well but has a vast array of pots and pans in their kitchen - including two woks!
Not to mention a food processor, a blender, a crock pot, and a even toaster. Just because they have a well equipped kitchen, doesn't mean they're of Master Chef quality!

Ahh, got it. Could this guy be any more of a poser? How does anyone stand him?

Date: August 11, 2017 07:15

LongBeachArena72
Hairball
LongBeachArena72
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Well he's a great singer and one of the greatest, if not the greatest, front men and entertainers currently in rock and roll - so he gets a pass. thumbs up
Letting him play a bit of rhythm guitar now and then can't really hurt anything, especially considering the main man's guitar playing struggles these days.
At this point, the more the merrier, regardless of ones skills.

winking smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 11, 2017 17:44

Here is a very interesting well known clip that shows that Jagger(1969) has some chops on the guitar. Yes he isn't Hendrix but he got some good grooves to offer on the open G.
His Brown Sugar's and Robert Jonson's sound good enough to impress Ike and Tina.

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: August 11, 2017 18:09

rollmops
Here is a very interesting well known clip that shows that Jagger(1969) has some chops on the guitar. Yes he isn't Hendrix but he got some good grooves to offer on the open G.
His Brown Sugar's and Robert Jonson's sound good enough to impress Ike and Tina.

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

I've heard people on this website say that he's nowadays the 1st or 2nd best guitarist in the band ... but that was of course before he had the audacity to release a single!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 11, 2017 19:29

LongBeachArena72
rollmops

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

I've heard people on this website say that he's nowadays the 1st or 2nd best guitarist in the band ... but that was of course before he had the audacity to release a single!

at least his guitar playing abilities haven't decreaseed during the last 20 years…

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: August 12, 2017 07:04

Hairball

Those acoustic guitars are probably tuned differently, while other guitars are used specifically for one or two particular songs. This is Mick's spice rack.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 12, 2017 07:26

Hairball
LongBeachArena72
Hairball
LongBeachArena72
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Well he's a great singer and one of the greatest, if not the greatest, front men and entertainers currently in rock and roll - so he gets a pass. thumbs up
Letting him play a bit of rhythm guitar now and then can't really hurt anything, especially considering the main man's guitar playing struggles these days.

winking smiley

Nice save, the whole kitchen gadgets/ master chef I started stewing unsavory
retorts.
Plus, maybe it means a more varied setlists
;-)
You gonna get a ticket already? ;-)

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: August 13, 2017 07:00

latvianinexile
The latest marketing trick

[www.priceless.com]

Please use Google translate to understand what this is about.

Well they say you should never meet your idols so I guess no one here should apply for this... that said I thought it would be more than £2000 for two people to actually meet the stones and go to the concert. That's £1000 each, which I think, although obviously a lot of money, is less than I thought they could charge.

Some of the premium pit tickets are £800 so that's only £200 more each to meet them...

Date: August 13, 2017 07:17

GJB
latvianinexile
The latest marketing trick

[www.priceless.com]

Please use Google translate to understand what this is about.

Well they say you should never meet your idols so I guess no one here should apply for this... that said I thought it would be more than £2000 for two people to actually meet the stones and go to the concert. That's £1000 each, which I think, although obviously a lot of money, is less than I thought they could charge.

Some of the premium pit tickets are £800 so that's only £200 more each to meet them...

Quote from the link (can translate to English upper left hand corner)
"this once-in-a-lifetime experience is worth over $25,000."
Now how did MasterCard reach that value? Each handshake (4) worth $5k,
kiss on Mick's cheek another $5k? Or, the 4 each $5k, Matt and Chuck $2,500?
Ohhhhhh you're killing me.... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 13, 2017 07:38

by the way, it is 2,000 Euros, not Pounds.

But this is a little confusing. They state:

Keep your fingers crossed: if there are more than one booking requests by August 20th 2017, the buyer will be chosen by lot, since only two tickets are available.

And in the terms and conditions, they state:

Should the number of booking requests exceed the available ticket quota, the buyer of the tickets for 2 persons will be chosen by lot. The buyer has 2 days to pay for the tickets. If the buyer does not pay within the two days the purchase claim will lapse and a new buyer will be drawn.

So will only two total tickets be available? That is how I read it and I suppose it only makes sense as they could conceivably have dozens of people who would want to to this.

I wonder if there will be other "pay for meet and greet" opportunities on the tour. Perhaps Paris.

plexi

Posted by: TE ()
Date: August 13, 2017 10:31

Hairball
LongBeachArena72
Hairball
LongBeachArena72
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

winking smiley
Agree, today he is the best front man. He could be more humble. Think the last time he went down to the crowd was during ABB, somewhere in Germany. Got a high five from him, have the photo. Was fun, the security went bananas. When he got back up, they talked to each other and laughed. Best one is ABB in Austin, when he do the run during Brown Sugar, end of the "cat walk"

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-13 10:32 by TE.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 13, 2017 12:32

I'd say 2000 EURO for two people to meet and greet AND tickets included is a VERY good price. Does one need to have a Mastercard though? Bugger VISA never get to offer stuff like this.... :-/

Date: August 13, 2017 12:47

timbernardis
by the way, it is 2,000 Euros, not Pounds.

But this is a little confusing. They state:

Keep your fingers crossed: if there are more than one booking requests by August 20th 2017, the buyer will be chosen by lot, since only two tickets are available.

And in the terms and conditions, they state:

Should the number of booking requests exceed the available ticket quota, the buyer of the tickets for 2 persons will be chosen by lot. The buyer has 2 days to pay for the tickets. If the buyer does not pay within the two days the purchase claim will lapse and a new buyer will be drawn.

So will only two total tickets be available? That is how I read it and I suppose it only makes sense as they could conceivably have dozens of people who would want to to this.

I wonder if there will be other "pay for meet and greet" opportunities on the tour. Perhaps Paris.

plexi

as a German reader I might help:
They a putting one pair of two meet&greet tickets on offer for 2000 Euros. If more than one person is interessted in the offer (which should be very likely). the draw the winner in a lottery – i.e. you have to chance to win the opportunity to spend 2000 Euros for a meet and great event for two persons (plus tickets for the show).

From my point of view this is bullshit.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 13, 2017 13:54

Yeah it sounds to good to be true... The browser address is a bit suspiscious too... Why would they start with m & g suddenly? Never done it before mind ya...

confused smiley

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: August 13, 2017 17:20

If the band were prepared to do a limited number of meet and greets this tour it would have been a nice gesture to have made at least some a lottery to any priced ticket holder.

Date: August 13, 2017 20:37

ChrisMahavishnu
If the band were prepared to do a limited number of meet and greets this tour it would have been a nice gesture to have made at least some a lottery to any priced ticket holder.

That's a good point, but then it'd be another layered quagmire time draining making sure fair etc etc
Anyway, I don't blame Mick for not wanting to get touchy feel-y with the crowd.
Distracting, for 1.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: August 13, 2017 20:41

timbernardis

plexi

Paris : [www.priceless.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 13, 2017 21:04

LongBeachArena72
rollmops

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

LB are you agreeing with op that Mick is now the second best guitar player in band ? in your own words you said you were being a bit of a dick where CH was concerned.
Lets hope history isn't repeating itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-13 21:05 by stone4ever.

Date: August 13, 2017 21:07

MadMax
Yeah it sounds to good to be true... The browser address is a bit suspiscious too...

"priceless" is a advertising campaign for Mastercards that's running for years
=> [www.youtube.com]

Date: August 13, 2017 23:34

((delete, sorry))

Hope the boys are having fun- xxoo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-13 23:38 by 35love.

Date: August 13, 2017 23:53

There were paid meet and greets during Licks and/or ABB tour (one or the other or maybe both?), but can't recall how someone was able to do it...maybe part of a VIP ticket?
I recall some pics of about 10 fans with the band...no individual meet and greet...just line up the fans, bring in the band for a quick group photo, and that was it.
Maybe someone who experienced it, or someone who has more vivid memories of how it happened, can add more details.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 14, 2017 04:53

Every band does M&Gs for cash, no matter how fan-friendly they may seem. This is one financial area where our boys are a bit slow. I remember they had to glad-hand employees for the shady mortgage company that sponsored Licks or ABB. Served them right.

Date: August 14, 2017 06:47

It looks like sax man Karl Denson
has shows booked up until 8/26.
Wonder if he will be on the RS No Filter tour?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 14, 2017 11:04

35love
It looks like sax man Karl Denson
has shows booked up until 8/26.
Wonder if he will be on the RS No Filter tour?

August 26 is two weeks before the tour. Why not? He doesn't need to rehearse much.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 14, 2017 16:27

I thought Karl Danson was a great replacement for Bobby at first, he respectfully stayed with Bobbys style and approach while adding his own brilliant distinctive touches. But know i think he has strayed a little to far away from Bobby's original Sax parts. Probably just me because i was such a big fan of Bobby and the way he played.

Date: August 14, 2017 16:38

stone4ever
LongBeachArena72
rollmops

[youtu.be]

Rockandroll,
Mops

LB are you agreeing with op that Mick is now the second best guitar player in band ? in your own words you said you were being a bit of a dick where CH was concerned.
Lets hope history isn't repeating itself.

You know, I'm honestly not competent to judge guitar playing. I will say that I don't hear Mick play anything remotely as cringeworthy as Keith's latter-day "Sympathy for the Devil" solos ... but then again I don't think Mick even takes any solos, does he? He seems to stay within a pretty narrow range.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 14, 2017 16:39

stone4ever
I thought Karl Danson was a great replacement for Bobby at first, he respectfully stayed with Bobbys style and approach while adding his own brilliant distinctive touches. But know i think he has strayed a little to far away from Bobby's original Sax parts. Probably just me because i was such a big fan of Bobby and the way he played.
Agree. As Karl said himself, Bobby played with a very minimalistic 'slowhand'-like approach, but Karl seems to forget that too often and wants to show his abilitys. But I think these saxophone parts from Bobby are so characteristic and memorable that they should not be messed around with too much. I think the Havana Moon Solo of BS was great.

Date: August 14, 2017 16:42

StonedRambler
stone4ever
Agree. As Karl said himself, Bobby played with a very minimalistic 'slowhand'-like approach, but Karl seems to forget that too often and wants to show his abilitys. But I think these saxophone parts from Bobby are so characteristic and memorable that they should not be messed around with too much. I think the Havana Moon Solo of BS was great.
But isn't it kinda tough to expect a 'replacement' to simply parrot his predecessor's lines? Do we expect that of Daryl, or Chuck, or even Ronnie, for that matter? Musicians are people; seems like it would be tough for them not to express some personality into their playing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home