Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Keith in "Pirates Of The Caribbean" V
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 10, 2017 22:36

I worked as an extra last year on Pirates V, and while everyone was abuzz about McCartney coming to the set (They didn't call me for that day - sigh), I heard no mention of Keith or any scenes involving him.

I did get to do a scene with Johnny D, a monkey, and a mule, though.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 11, 2017 01:58

Hairball
keefriff99
kovach
Semi related article:

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]
Pathetic.

I'll say this about his idol, Keith...no matter how severe his drinking/drugging got, he never missed a gig and never spiraled completely out of control. It's remarkable when you think about it.

All these people want to be Keith (Depp, Slash) instead of being themselves.

And they either fall to the bottom of the pit in disgrace, and/or they clean up their act at rehabs, etc. when realizing they can't handle it.
Somehow Keith found a way to make it work for him and survive it all, but is hasn't been easy and it's taken it's toll - the deep wrinkles and the way he's aged speaks volumes.
There should be a rule for those who try: "Being Keith is not for beginners and posers - fair warning to all who attempt - please step to the back of the line".
Exactly! Guys like Keith and Lemmy weren't trying to imitate anyone. They were forging their own (insane) paths. They survived through a combination of above-average constitutions and a degree of luck.

I forget who said it, but someone said (and I'm paraphrasing), "Don't even try to keep up with Keith when it comes to partying. You will die trying."

Hell, even Ronnie came close to crashing and burning several times due to Keith's bad influence.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 11, 2017 02:41

I was fairly sure that's who Hairball had in mind when he coughed up NOT FOR BEGINNERS.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 11, 2017 04:58

Rocky Dijon
I was fairly sure that's who Hairball had in mind when he coughed up NOT FOR BEGINNERS.

Lol I tend to cough up alot - being a *hairball and all. winking smiley

Perhaps it was a reference to Ronnie though it was done subconsciously.
When I wrote that 'warning' quote, I was hearing a 100 year old pirate skull talking. If you've ever been to Disneyland in California, at the beginning of the Pirates ride there is an old pirate skull above a tunnel that's heeding out warnings and rules, etc. The entire ride was a truly creepy and exciting experience when I was small, and made an everlasting impression on me. Haven't been on it since they incorporated Depps pirate into the mix, and hopefully that inclusion hasn't spoiled the ride.

*As for the name 'Hairball': There's been several threads in the past regarding origins of usernames, but I'll explain again. Hairball was a name chosen for this site in memory of my late great cat named Ivan who had a habit of spitting up hairballs on occasion. When Ivan went into hairball spitting mode, it reminded me alot of Keith talking, laughing, and wheezing lol - poor little guy eventually coughed himself to death at a ripe old age. Back in 2003 or 2004, this site went haywire and temporarily shut down - everyone had to start a new account w/username, etc. I forget what my original username was, but evidently not as memorable as Hairball.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-11 05:09 by Hairball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 11, 2017 05:01

Keith Richards is not in POTC5.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 11, 2017 10:36

stonehearted
Wow, this quite a stupid, gossipy, and speculative thread.

Who cares about Johnny Dipp? He's not a part of the Rolling Stones, he is/was just a friend of one of Keith's kids.

And who cares about Keith's kids? Mind you, I don't mean to disregard his family, but his kids aren't on Tattoo You, are they?

And who cares if Keith is in a stupid movie, outside of Charlie Is My Darling and Gimme Shelter?

I thought we knew and cared about Keith because he plays guitar in a rock group called the Stones.

I could be wrong, if this [tabloid-style] thread is any indication.

You're not wrong. Kind of weird that someone will post a perfectly reasonable, relevant band/music question and get single word responses or no response at all (unless you're in the IORR inner circle of Stones cultists, when you'll get lols aplenty winking smiley) but a nonsense thread like this goes on and on. Keith clearly has a few gushy male fans who wouldn't mind a bromance winking smiley There's a similar thread on Keith's jackets. Like, seriously???

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 12, 2017 21:57

Father Ted
stonehearted

Who cares about Johnny Dipp? He's not a part of the Rolling Stones, he is/was just a friend of one of Keith's kids.

And who cares about Keith's kids? Mind you, I don't mean to disregard his family, but his kids aren't on Tattoo You, are they?

And who cares if Keith is in a stupid movie, outside of Charlie Is My Darling and Gimme Shelter?

I thought we knew and cared about Keith because he plays guitar in a rock group called the Stones.

You're not wrong. Kind of weird that someone will post a perfectly reasonable, relevant band/music question and get single word responses or no response at all (unless you're in the IORR inner circle of Stones cultists, when you'll get lols aplenty winking smiley) but a nonsense thread like this goes on and on. Keith clearly has a few gushy male fans who wouldn't mind a bromance winking smiley There's a similar thread on Keith's jackets. Like, seriously???

No, apparently seriously.

You do see his name, right? He's just living up to it.

Although, in fairness, he is asking questions. I don't understand how it's a "tabloid style" thread though.

Date: May 12, 2017 22:03

Now, if we were to discuss Keith's interest in anal sex as evidenced from comments in Buenos Aires 1992 or in AT THE MAX or in the lyrics of "Words of Wonder," that then may constitute tabloid style.

Well, if we add Marianne and a Mars bar...

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: May 12, 2017 22:14

mosthigh
I worked as an extra last year on Pirates V, and while everyone was abuzz about McCartney coming to the set (They didn't call me for that day - sigh), I heard no mention of Keith or any scenes involving him.

I did get to do a scene with Johnny D, a monkey, and a mule, though.

That's because Keith isn't in this Pirates, its already been discussed on this thread.

He and Johnny are no longer friends, and before anyone ask's we don't know why.

Date: May 12, 2017 22:22

Why is simple. Keith faxed him a note asking, "Do you still like me?" and Johnny failed to respond. Keith asked for his ring back, but Johnny's not budging. IORR tabloid journalism at its finest.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 12, 2017 22:26

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
Paul will appear in his Yellow Submarine singing Octopus' Garden.

What will Ringo do?

peace & love cool smiley love & peace

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: May 12, 2017 22:39

Rocky Dijon
Why is simple. Keith faxed him a note asking, "Do you still like me?" and Johnny failed to respond. Keith asked for his ring back, but Johnny's not budging. IORR tabloid journalism at its finest.

A close source said, well actually a close insider or was it a friend of a friend, well anyway Rumor has it that Mick said ''look Keith it's Johnny or it's me, you can't have both of us.'', Keith comes back with '' oh well in that case its you Mick, it's All About You, but i'm getting so sick and tired.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 13, 2017 23:45

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 13, 2017 23:48

He and Johnny are no longer friends, and before anyone ask's we don't know why.

............I fink it's got something ta do with Pistol & Boo ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: May 14, 2017 00:48

Aside from his rare joking about it, Keith is not into anal sex.

Date: May 14, 2017 01:49

.....^^^^ well alotta people are gonna be bummed out ta read that ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 14, 2017 02:24

Funny, Terry. Not sure how many people will catch that one.

Chatoyancy, while I'm almost sorry that bit of silliness elicited a serious response, I always welcome whatever nuggets you care to share. Admittedly, I was hoping to write an article about Keith's anal activities and their relation to the shidoobees in "Shattered" but I guess I'm shit out of luck on that one.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 14, 2017 03:02

Well Well...

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: May 14, 2017 03:49

Rockman

Jeez that's a cool pic! smiling smiley

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: May 14, 2017 03:53

Rockman

ROCKMAN! I love this photo, it is so evocative... Fantastic!...

Mr. J

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: May 14, 2017 03:59

YEAH Mr Jimmy lurv it tooo .... it's open to a million captions..

ROCKMAN

Date: May 14, 2017 04:58

Rockman

Brian: "We write our own songs now Paul"!!!
Keith: "Yeah mate, don't f@*k with us anymore".
Paul: (scared silent astonishment)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-14 08:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 14, 2017 05:40

From pic caption by Hairball: "Brian: "We right our own songs now Paul"!!!" Hmmm...did they ever left their songs?

Date: May 14, 2017 06:53

Doesn't look like much of a jail guard, does he? Looks more like Paul is replacing Keith (not in the same role, though). The film allegedly has a flashback to a younger Captain Teague. I enjoy the series. Fun popcorn films that my kids have grown up with. Looking forward to seeing it with them.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 14, 2017 07:13

Rocky Dijon
Funny, Terry. Not sure how many people will catch that one.

Chatoyancy, while I'm almost sorry that bit of silliness elicited a serious response, I always welcome whatever nuggets you care to share. Admittedly, I was hoping to write an article about Keith's anal activities and their relation to the shidoobees in "Shattered" but I guess I'm shit out of luck on that one.

[www.youtube.com] eye popping smiley

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 14, 2017 07:19

Rockman

"Amateurs! I can pull a nanker with no hands..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-14 07:35 by z.

Date: May 14, 2017 08:25

dmay
From pic caption by Hairball: "Brian: "We right our own songs now Paul"!!!" Hmmm...did they ever left their songs?

Oops - a rare typo from your truly...winking smiley...I'll fix it!

Date: May 14, 2017 08:26

edit: double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-14 08:26 by Hairball.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 14, 2017 22:30

GasLightStreet
Father Ted
stonehearted

No, apparently seriously.

You do see his name, right? He's just living up to it.

Although, in fairness, he is asking questions. I don't understand how it's a "tabloid style" thread though.
Actually, as I recall, barely, I may have been full of my nightly quota of beer at that point. smiling smiley

So, pay no mind, and by all means carry on.

Date: May 15, 2017 01:28

Uncle Paul will be singing too, I heard...

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home