Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Keith in "Pirates Of The Caribbean" V
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 6, 2017 04:42

stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
Keith loves his wife and women in general and is probably good friends with Amber Heard, so maybe he disapproved of Johnny abusing/battering her.

Don't think its that, as i said Keith hasn't hung around with Depp for nearly 4 years so its unlikely Johnny Depp was abusing Amber that early in the relationship. Depp threw a phone at Amber at the end of their marriage, doesn't make him exactly a wife abuser , battering her as you put it. You never thrown an object in anger before !!

???

Then what exactly does it make him...a phone thrower?

I've never thrown anything at my wife, or anyone for that matter - he obviously has some serious issues , as does anyone who downplays or excuses that violent behavior.
As for wife abuser/batterer, that's the way it was always reported, and evidently it went far beyond 'throwing a phone at her'. He lost all credibility imo.

I'm not excusing Depp's behavior, just pointing out that Johnny throwing the phone came a few years after Keith stopped hanging out with him. Are you a bit slow or something ?? Try to keep up dude.
I don't know what Depp actually did to Amber or if he is a wife beater as you suggest. If he is then i'm pleased that Amber is free of him and that Keith doesn't have him as a friend, but we really don't know the truth do we.

I understood precisely what you said regarding when Keith stopped hanging out with Depp - according to you. It was the part I highlighted that was questionable because you seemed to suggest that everyone throws things at their wife when their pissed off. Comprende? Your words - "Depp threw a phone at Amber at the end of their marriage, doesn't make him exactly a wife abuser". I only asked what does it make him then...if it's not abuse and battery, then what is it? And the phone throwing incident was the first time it was documented which led her to get a restraining order...how many times did he throw things at her before that? Do you know? Maybe it started back when he was still trying to hang with Keith, and Keith told him to F*ck off...

Maybe you have a vivid imagination, Keith tells Depp to F#ck off for throwing a phone at Amber Heard 4 years before its thrown. Maybe you throw things all the time, i have only your word that you don't. Maybe if the press report that you have abused your wife then i should believe it. WE DON'T KNOW so stop talking like you do know.

Evidently you didn't follow what I wrote. Again...the phone incident that badly bruised her face was what led to all the publicity (there are pictures published), which was followed by a restraining order against wife-beater Depp, which eventually led to a 7 million dollar divorce settlement in her favor. My point was, how many times did he abuse her before the well publicized incident? It could have been back when he was still trying to cling on to Keith! Maybe there was a pattern of abuse prior to the publicized/documented phone incident, and maybe she told Keith about the horrible treatment...or maybe Keith witnessed it first hand! It could be a number of reasons why Keith distanced himself from Depp, but it could also be a direct result of Depp's abusive treatment towards women.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 6, 2017 04:51

Keith is not in POTC5.

3 was good. 4 was good. They're all good. They're fun movies, not Beethoven.

Barbossa, Davy Jones, Blackbeard... awesome.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 6, 2017 11:11

35love
Oh boy in defense of my friend Hairball, there were other videos
released and texts of Depp completely off the deep end.
A train wreck. Gone.
Enough said.

Like I keep saying when Keith went out to dinner with Amber and Depp (the last time he was seen with Depp. Over four years ago ) it was long before the couple were married, long before Depps melt down. I doubt Keith witnessed Depp battering Amber over dinner with Ronnie and the crew all watching. Just saying to Hairball that he has a vivid imagination as do you.

Date: March 6, 2017 11:16

GasLightStreet
Keith is not in POTC5.

I follow this one closely, as one of my friend's starred in Kon Tiki (same directors as in POTC V). Apparently, both Keith and MacCartney are in the movie:

«The latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie is directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, the duo behind the foreign adventure film Kon-Tiki. The screenplay comes from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull scribe Jeff Nathanson. Depp and Bloom star alongside David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Keith Richards, and Paul McCartney (Yes, that Paul McCartney)».

[collider.com]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 6, 2017 11:30

Paul will appear in his Yellow Submarine singing Octopus' Garden.

Date: March 6, 2017 11:30

Silver Dagger
Paul will appear in his Yellow Submarine singing Octopus' Garden.

What will Ringo do?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2017 11:32

get by with a lil help from friends ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 6, 2017 11:56

Keith is not very fond of wife-beaters. He has said so in relation to another wife-beater who happened to be in the Stones for a while.

Date: March 6, 2017 12:08

matxil
Keith is not very fond of wife-beaters. He has said so in relation to another wife-beater who happened to be in the Stones for a while.

Wasn't it all in the press when Ronnie was having his meltdown with the Russian girlfriend. He was seen beating her up one evening. Keith still fond of Ronnie ??

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 6, 2017 12:24

This is more interest than Pirates Caribbean #4 or 5 too many
will ever get.

Date: March 6, 2017 12:28

Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
Keith loves his wife and women in general and is probably good friends with Amber Heard, so maybe he disapproved of Johnny abusing/battering her.

Don't think its that, as i said Keith hasn't hung around with Depp for nearly 4 years so its unlikely Johnny Depp was abusing Amber that early in the relationship. Depp threw a phone at Amber at the end of their marriage, doesn't make him exactly a wife abuser , battering her as you put it. You never thrown an object in anger before !!

???

Then what exactly does it make him...a phone thrower?

I've never thrown anything at my wife, or anyone for that matter - he obviously has some serious issues , as does anyone who downplays or excuses that violent behavior.
As for wife abuser/batterer, that's the way it was always reported, and evidently it went far beyond 'throwing a phone at her'. He lost all credibility imo.

I'm not excusing Depp's behavior, just pointing out that Johnny throwing the phone came a few years after Keith stopped hanging out with him. Are you a bit slow or something ?? Try to keep up dude.
I don't know what Depp actually did to Amber or if he is a wife beater as you suggest. If he is then i'm pleased that Amber is free of him and that Keith doesn't have him as a friend, but we really don't know the truth do we.

I understood precisely what you said regarding when Keith stopped hanging out with Depp - according to you. It was the part I highlighted that was questionable because you seemed to suggest that everyone throws things at their wife when their pissed off. Comprende? Your words - "Depp threw a phone at Amber at the end of their marriage, doesn't make him exactly a wife abuser". I only asked what does it make him then...if it's not abuse and battery, then what is it? And the phone throwing incident was the first time it was documented which led her to get a restraining order...how many times did he throw things at her before that? Do you know? Maybe it started back when he was still trying to hang with Keith, and Keith told him to F*ck off...

Maybe you have a vivid imagination, Keith tells Depp to F#ck off for throwing a phone at Amber Heard 4 years before its thrown. Maybe you throw things all the time, i have only your word that you don't. Maybe if the press report that you have abused your wife then i should believe it. WE DON'T KNOW so stop talking like you do know.

Evidently you didn't follow what I wrote. Again...the phone incident that badly bruised her face was what led to all the publicity (there are pictures published), which was followed by a restraining order against wife-beater Depp, which eventually led to a 7 million dollar divorce settlement in her favor. My point was, how many times did he abuse her before the well publicized incident? It could have been back when he was still trying to cling on to Keith! Maybe there was a pattern of abuse prior to the publicized/documented phone incident, and maybe she told Keith about the horrible treatment...or maybe Keith witnessed it first hand! It could be a number of reasons why Keith distanced himself from Depp, but it could also be a direct result of Depp's abusive treatment towards women.

Evidently you keep missing the point I'm making. Please listen. Keith met Amber during a meal very early on in Amber and Johnnys relationship. Unless Depp took to battering her in the first few weeks of dating Amber, it's unlikely that this was the reason Keith and he are no longer friends. What happened later on with Johnnys melt down probably had little to do with why they are no longer friends

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 6, 2017 12:39

Wow, this quite a stupid, gossipy, and speculative thread.

Who cares about Johnny Dipp? He's not a part of the Rolling Stones, he is/was just a friend of one of Keith's kids.

And who cares about Keith's kids? Mind you, I don't mean to disregard his family, but his kids aren't on Tattoo You, are they?

And who cares if Keith is in a stupid movie, outside of Charlie Is My Darling and Gimme Shelter?

I thought we knew and cared about Keith because he plays guitar in a rock group called the Stones.

I could be wrong, if this [tabloid-style] thread is any indication.

Date: March 6, 2017 12:40

stonehearted

Who cares about Johnny Dipp? He's not a part of the Rolling Stones, he is/was just a friend of one of Keith's kids.

And who cares about Keith's kids? Mind you, I don't mean to disregard his family, but his kids aren't on Tattoo You, are they?

And who cares if Keith is in a stupid movie, outside of Charlie Is My Darling and Gimme Shelter?

I thought we knew and cared about Keith because he plays guitar in a rock group called the Stones.

Exactly!

Date: March 6, 2017 13:01

stonehearted

Earlier on in this thread I was saying I was disappointed that all the footage of Keith and the Winos that Depp recorded may never be seen now. That's to do with Keith musically. That's what I'm interested in, footage of Keith and the Winos, not Keith playing with the Stones Warhorses again and again and again the same thing over and over and over yawn

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2017 13:25

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 6, 2017 15:24

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
Keith is not in POTC5.

I follow this one closely, as one of my friend's starred in Kon Tiki (same directors as in POTC V). Apparently, both Keith and MacCartney are in the movie:

«The latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie is directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, the duo behind the foreign adventure film Kon-Tiki. The screenplay comes from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull scribe Jeff Nathanson. Depp and Bloom star alongside David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Keith Richards, and Paul McCartney (Yes, that Paul McCartney)».

[collider.com]

That's the only one I've seen mention that Keith is in POTC 5. All other sites only talk about Keith being in POTC 4.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 6, 2017 15:47

matxil

is this the same keith that punched anita in the face in the back of a limo in spanish tony's book? i'm just wondering because somehow this superhero of human virtue has morphed out of an alcoholic drug addict who left trays of heroin and cocaine out in front of his children.

nothing against keith i'm just wondering why people are inventing this upstanding guy out of someone who's moral compass only ever pointed in the direction of his own interests.kids need heroes and role models i guess but i would assume most rolling stones fans are functioning adults,maybe i shouldn't.

Date: March 6, 2017 15:57

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
Keith is not in POTC5.

[collider.com]

That's the only one I've seen mention that Keith is in POTC 5. All other sites only talk about Keith being in POTC 4.

Exactly

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 6, 2017 18:54

lem motlow
matxil

is this the same keith that punched anita in the face in the back of a limo in spanish tony's book? i'm just wondering because somehow this superhero of human virtue has morphed out of an alcoholic drug addict who left trays of heroin and cocaine out in front of his children.

nothing against keith i'm just wondering why people are inventing this upstanding guy out of someone who's moral compass only ever pointed in the direction of his own interests.kids need heroes and role models i guess but i would assume most rolling stones fans are functioning adults,maybe i shouldn't.

I was thinking the same . .

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 6, 2017 20:36

Hairball

Well, Keith has certainly had his fair share of anger management issues in the past.......particularly in the 1970s.
As with Depp, drugs not good for either of them.
I suspect even now Keith is given a pretty wide berth.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 6, 2017 21:25

lem motlow
matxil

Keith is endlessly fascinating. It's truly remarkable that his children turned out healthy and well-adjusted, and that his marriage has endured over 30 years. Patti is still so smitten with him that it's sometimes hard to believe given what a bastard he's capable of being.

He is NOT a role model, and his irresponsible behavior regarding his children in the '70s is abhorrent, not to mention that he was a high-functioning coke addict and alcoholic with young children in the house until his brain injury.

People are complex, so making blanket statements about Keith being a terrible father or Keith being a rock'n'roll god is rather unhelpful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-06 21:26 by keefriff99.

Date: March 6, 2017 21:37

Oh, but Keith is a role model -- for those aspiring to the rock star/musician style of living.

Tell me, why would anyone leading a normal everyday life look to musicians/rock stars like the Stones as role models? The music is a soundtrack/backdrop to our lives, nothing more. None of us will ever live the lives they do -- five mansions on as many continents, and all the rest of it.

The only real role model for everyday people in the Stones would be Charlie -- monogamous and married for life, sensible, level-headed, shuns the excesses of the decadent rock star life... Oh, there was that phase of smack, speed, and sports cars for a time in his mid-forties, but everyone goes through that at some point. The role model aspect of that particular middle-age crisis is how he pulled himself through it. Yeah, Charlie is our darling!

Date: March 6, 2017 21:49

stonehearted
Oh, but Keith is a role model -- for those aspiring to the rock star/musician style of living.

Tell me, why would anyone leading a normal everyday life look to musicians/rock stars like the Stones as role models? The music is a soundtrack/backdrop to our lives, nothing more. None of us will ever live the lives they do -- five mansions on as many continents, and all the rest of it.

The only real role model for everyday people in the Stones would be Charlie -- monogamous and married for life, sensible, level-headed, shuns the excesses of the decadent rock star life... Oh, there was that phase of smack, speed, and sports cars for a time in his mid-forties, but everyone goes through that at some point. The role model aspect of that particular middle-age crisis is how he pulled himself through it. Yeah, Charlie is our darling!
Oh sure, but so many people romanticize Keith's lifestyle...I think it stems from the desire to be your own boss and live completely outside of societal norms.

I think the shine has come off that romanticized notion of Keith over the past 10 years. There have been a lot more measured and realistic assessments of Keith's behavior on IORR compared to, say, 15 years ago, when the vast majority of people viewed Keith as the charming pirate and Mick as the joyless taskmaster.

Maybe it's just an age thing, or the head injury brought it more to light, but I see a lot of less of the "Keith is god!" type sentiments on here.

Date: March 6, 2017 21:56

keefriff99
Oh sure, but so many people romanticize Keith's lifestyle...I think it stems from the desire to be your own boss and live completely outside of societal norms.

I think the shine has come off that romanticized notion of Keith over the past 10 years. There have been a lot more measured and realistic assessments of Keith's behavior on IORR compared to, say, 15 years ago, when the vast majority of people viewed Keith as the charming pirate and Mick as the joyless taskmaster.

Maybe it's just an age thing, or the head injury brought it more to light, but I see a lot of less of the "Keith is god!" type sentiments on here.
No doubt, the head injury changed Keith's life, having to give up one of his favorite substances, but also showed him to be a mere mortal. A journalist at the time was writing to comment on a photo of Keith post brain surgery, being assisted in walking to a waiting car or something, noting how frail Keith looked, and that for the first time he could imagine a future life/world without Keith Richards.

Nonetheless, Keith continued playing up to the old rock star/pirate image, giving vodka-soaked, bravado-laden interviews into the 2010s.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 10, 2017 19:33

Semi related article:

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 10, 2017 19:56

A few points:

1. The 1st Pirates movie was good fun. After that, I couldn't keep up with the "plot" or lack thereof.

2. Keith was the best thing about any of other movies (well, except Penelope Cruz!)

3. Keith's acting career surpassed Mick's (Ned Beatty anyone?)

4. Can't "imagine" Paul's role in one of these movies. He did write a song about a boat "Wanderlust, though".

Date: May 10, 2017 20:04

kovach
Semi related article:

Pathetic.

I'll say this about his idol, Keith...no matter how severe his drinking/drugging got, he never missed a gig and never spiraled completely out of control. It's remarkable when you think about it.

All these people want to be Keith (Depp, Slash) instead of being themselves.

Date: May 10, 2017 20:08

Elmo Lewis
A few points:

1. The 1st Pirates movie was good fun. After that, I couldn't keep up with the "plot" or lack thereof.

2. Keith was the best thing about any of other movies (well, except Penelope Cruz!)

3. Keith's acting career surpassed Mick's (Ned Beatty anyone?)

4. Can't "imagine" Paul's role in one of these movies. He did write a song about a boat "Wanderlust, though".
Ned Beatty?? I think you mean Ned Kelly grinning smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 10, 2017 20:14

I stand corrected! Thanks

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 10, 2017 20:25

keefriff99
kovach
Semi related article:

Pathetic.

I'll say this about his idol, Keith...no matter how severe his drinking/drugging got, he never missed a gig and never spiraled completely out of control. It's remarkable when you think about it.

All these people want to be Keith (Depp, Slash) instead of being themselves.

And they either fall to the bottom of the pit in disgrace, and/or they clean up their act at rehabs, etc. when realizing they can't handle it.
Somehow Keith found a way to make it work for him and survive it all, but is hasn't been easy and it's taken it's toll - the deep wrinkles and the way he's aged speaks volumes.
There should be a rule for those who try: "Being Keith is not for beginners and posers - fair warning to all who attempt - please step to the back of the line".

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home