Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What Songs Did The Stones perform at the 1966 NME show?
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: January 10, 2017 03:24

What Songs Did The Stones perform at the 1966 NME show?

Re: What Songs Did The Stones perform at the 1966 NME show?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2017 03:24

......Play With Fire ... Satisfaction ... Paint It Black

ROCKMAN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-10 03:27 by Rockman.

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: January 10, 2017 03:48

NME Poll winners show in 1966 the Rolling Stones performed Paint It Black, Play With Fire & Satisfaction. This show was televised except for the Rolling Stones & Beatles performances. Seems the BBC was using the Stones & Beatles as selling points from their previous appearances on the NME shows to make money (not sure exactly how, I can't recall right now). So the Stones & Beatles said they would only perform if their performance would not be used/televised.
NME 1968 show the Stones performed JJ Flash & Satisfaction. They were the surprise guest. They did not appear and the showbill, but everyone (the public/fans) knew by show time. On stage Jagger announced "we have a new song to play, if you like it we will do another song" (which was encore.. Satisfaction). B/W footage exist but whether it will ever be seen "who knows?"

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: January 10, 2017 04:17

OOPS...Correction... NME 1966 Poll Winners show.. they did not perform Paint it Black, but rather "The Last Time"Play With fire & Satisfaction.
Also I always seem to say BBC ...But it is in fact ABC TV that broadcast the Poll Winners shows..Sorry..

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: January 10, 2017 07:48

Thanks for the replies. I saw the 1965 NME on youtube and got interested in the 1966 one but couldn't find the video..Now I know why there is no video.

Date: January 10, 2017 08:55

VideoJames
NME Poll winners show in 1966 the Rolling Stones performed Paint It Black, Play With Fire & Satisfaction. This show was televised except for the Rolling Stones & Beatles performances. Seems the BBC was using the Stones & Beatles as selling points from their previous appearances on the NME shows to make money (not sure exactly how, I can't recall right now). So the Stones & Beatles said they would only perform if their performance would not be used/televised.
NME 1968 show the Stones performed JJ Flash & Satisfaction. They were the surprise guest. They did not appear and the showbill, but everyone (the public/fans) knew by show time. On stage Jagger announced "we have a new song to play, if you like it we will do another song" (which was encore.. Satisfaction). B/W footage exist but whether it will ever be seen "who knows?"

Didn't you see the colour super 8-footage from 1968, James?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-10 14:09 by DandelionPowderman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home