Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: RIP George Michael
Date: December 26, 2016 10:30

Oh this is so sad. I understand that it is time for one generation to move on, but he was so young.

[youtu.be]
Never got tired of this one - "Everything she wants"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-26 10:37 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: December 26, 2016 10:35

What a shock. RIP George Michael. You were a great songwriter and singer.

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: December 26, 2016 11:08

What a bad year for musiclovers. So many great artists left us this year...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-27 11:47 by bart-man.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 26, 2016 11:40

I saw him on the Faith Tour in a very good concert show in 1988.

RIP George Michael

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 26, 2016 11:59

This hurts...

One of the artists who I hold responsible for my music addiction.
Listen Without Prejudice was my very first CD (I was 10 when it was released). And to this day one of my all time favorite albums. And 'Faith' and 'Older' are in the same category. Practically loved everything he did.
Saw him twice in concert. The first one was the definition of how a popconcert should be. Absolutely brilliant. The second proved himself once more as an amazing singer (those Symphonica concerts).

I am going to miss this man. Rest in peace, George and thank you.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 26, 2016 12:00

A very sad news which hits like a .... WHAM! sad smiley

RIP George Michael -- and Thank You for the Music, we'll never forget your Last Xmas ....

Re: OT RIP George Michael sad smiley
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 26, 2016 12:04

steffialicia
Koen
My favorite clip of George Michael:

[youtu.be]

Great clip. What year was it?

1992: [en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 26, 2016 13:34

Shocking news. Can't say I'm a big fan but he had a very nice singing voice. Indeed it's been a tragic year for musicians. R.I.P.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 26, 2016 14:22

Just 53!!!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 26, 2016 14:29

A true talent and immense musical talent. I'm sure he wasn't everybody's taste on this site but George was one of the finest songwriters of the 80 and 90s. RIP George.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 26, 2016 15:04

Way too young.

His music wasn't to my taste, but then most 80s stuff wasn't, or isn't.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: December 26, 2016 15:19

RIP Great Voice

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: December 26, 2016 16:11

Always loved this song by George Michael. (Jump to 4:16 to understand why).

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 26, 2016 17:12

2 days ago i was thinking what a sad year for so many in the music industry, started with bowie in january, thinking it ended on boxing day with rick parffit of status quo, then i thought surely there wouldnt be another. but this is a shock, 53 is far too young to go, heart goes out to george and his family.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: December 26, 2016 17:50

It's sad to see the passing of any fellow human but I must say that his music did nothing for me. But regardless, RIP.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 26, 2016 19:46

A real shock. I wasn't a massive fan but he was definitely a good songwriter, had a brilliant voice and was an engaging and intelligent man. I'm thinking I might finally start to appreciate how good he was to be honest. Very sad news.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 26, 2016 21:51

Was never a fan, but his music was unavoidable in the mid-'80s. When I was in college, my girlfriend and I overheard "Careless Whisper" on the radio playing in the campus pizza parlor...she seemed to dig the song, and I commented rather dismissively, "Oh, that's Wham." She quickly pointed out, "George Michael and Wham," with a stern stare...it was the first time I ever heard his name.

In the ensuing years, whenever I'd hear "Careless Whisper," I'd always think of my old girlfriend...and when I heard the news of his passing yesterday, she was the first thing that came to mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-26 21:51 by Jah Paul.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: December 26, 2016 22:01

He was pretty good with Queen

Posted by: annajulia ()
Date: December 26, 2016 23:19

so so sad, he seemed like a genuinely good hearted person. he did a lot of anonymous charity work bc he didn't want a media circus around it and was one of the first and most important openly gay ppl in show business, he paved a way for everyone in the lgbtq community during a time when closet doors were locked from the outside.
it's heart breaking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-26 23:26 by annajulia.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 27, 2016 00:12

Sad news, was not a big fan and only heard his music because my Mrs liked him.

I have read he did a benefit concert for the miners, where other big names wouldn't touch it and also one for the NHS for the care they gave to his mom.

Far too young and appears to be a top bloke.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 27, 2016 02:01

One didn't need to be a fan to recognize that he was talented.
A lot of the artists who died this year were that caliber.

Love and light to all of them, and thanks and praises

Date: December 27, 2016 04:58

frankotero
Shocking news. Can't say I'm a big fan but he had a very nice singing voice. Indeed it's been a tragic year for musicians. R.I.P.

I agree with you. Sure, I liked his four big hits, but beyond that, I never got that into him. He definitely had a great singing voice, for sure.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 27, 2016 06:04

potus43
He was pretty good with Queen

His performance of 'Somebody To Love' at the Freddy Mercury tribute is transcendent. You have to be a special talent to spellbind a packed Wembley.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 27, 2016 09:55

The Christmas song gets lots of play over here, at least in NY.

I kind of see a lot of beating around the bush here so for honesty sakes I'll say this with no disrespect intended. Back in the Wham days when Michael made his first real appearance on the scene, listening to that band was considered heresy by rockers. If you were out with your friends and chucked in "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" tape or CD, your manhood would be questioned and you would certainly get razzed along with losing some friends. He didn't need to come out as everyone knew it was a gayish chick song.

In those days, Stones type fans didn't listen to Wham. Can you imagine the crowd reaction if Wham opened for the Stones in the States? Now you can tolerate that kind of cheesy music but not back then.

Anyways, RIP George.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: December 27, 2016 15:13

I wasn't originally a fan but my wife dragged me along to his show in London in 2007 and I was blown away by his talent, his showmanship, and his genuine ability to connect with the audience. In fact we enjoyed it so much we went to see him again the following year.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 05:34

God bless George Michael. RIP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-28 08:45 by Socrates1.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 06:33

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-28 08:46 by Socrates1.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 28, 2016 16:39

Was never a big fan BUT...Older was a revelation of big pop songs. He had a great voice (held his own on that Aretha duet) and I loved his comment in an interview...I paraphrase : "what would you say, George, was the overriding theme of Older?" "cannabis" RIP

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 7, 2017 21:10

George Michael died of natural causes - [www.bbc.com]

George Michael died as a result of heart and liver disease, a coroner has confirmed.

The pop star was suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, according to Darren Salter, senior coroner for Oxfordshire.

The singer died aged 53 on Christmas Day at his home in Goring-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. Because there was a "natural cause of death", the coroner said there was no need for an inquest.

Thames Valley Police originally said his death was unexplained but not suspicious and an initial post-mortem examination was "inconclusive".

On Tuesday, the coroner said in a statement: "Inquiries into the death of George Michael have been concluded and the final post-mortem report received. "As there is a confirmed natural cause of death, being dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, the investigation is being discontinued and there is no need for an inquest or any further enquiries. "No further updates will be provided and the family requests the media and public respect their privacy."

The medical terms used on death certificates outline the cause of death, but not all the risk factors that have led up to it.

George Michael's lists three conditions: dilated cardiomyopathy, myocarditis and fatty liver.

This means his heart was enlarged, weakened and inflamed. The muscle wasn't doing the job of pumping blood as well as it should have. His liver was also abnormal, containing unhealthy collections of fat. There are many possible causes for this - heavy alcohol use is one.

At the weekend, the singer's former partner Kenny Goss was quoted as saying: "I think his body just gave up. All these years, it was just weak." He told The Sunday Mirror: "We just want closure, we want the funeral to happen, it's been a long time now."

Fadi Fawaz, the singer's partner at the time of his death, told the Telegraph in late December he had found the star "lying peacefully in bed". After the cause of death was revealed on Tuesday, Fawaz responded to weeks of speculation by posting a photo of himself with Michael on Twitter along with the words: "The Truth is out..."

Following the coroner's statement, Thames Valley Police said it had closed its investigation into Michael's death. "As the cause of death was natural, no further action is proposed or required," it said.

Michael made his name with pop group Wham! in the 1980s and went on to enjoy huge success as a solo performer.

[www.bbc.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-07 21:30 by Irix.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 7, 2017 23:47

Very sad. Great vocalist and wrote some classics.
The Coroner's report brought back memories of that for Brian Jones (1969, age 27).

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1399
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home