Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...567568569570571572573574575576577...LastNext
Current Page: 572 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: October 30, 2022 22:44

[twitter.com]

Am I crazy, or is this a little cryptic?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 30, 2022 22:52

CJFP
[twitter.com]

It sure is. And it is a great tune too. The Midnight Rambler Tour. smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 30, 2022 23:01

CJFP

It's the same MR-Video on [www.Facebook.com] and [www.Instagram.com] . On all 3 social media there's also an emoji which shows a clock-face twelve o'clock.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 30, 2022 23:10

Either a tour announcement or single release tomorrow??

Date: October 30, 2022 23:20

erad

Probably just advertising for Midnight Rambler (twelve o'clock, 12:00am).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 30, 2022 23:22

Maybe another "lyric video"....

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 30, 2022 23:32

Irix
erad

Probably just advertising for Midnight Rambler (twelve o'clock, 12:00am).
I took it as something is happening at midnight, but who knows?

Date: October 30, 2022 23:40

erad

I took it as something is happening at midnight, but who knows?

Which midnight .... there're 24 time-zones in the world.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 30, 2022 23:45

i'd say pacific time zone

but that's just a wild guess

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 30, 2022 23:55

CJFP
[twitter.com]

My guess is that it has something to do with Halloween ('Rambler' and 'Halloween' are more or less about the same…)

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 31, 2022 01:03

Do we know which show this is from??? Looks like a small place. Maybe another vault release announcement?

Timewise I’d have to believe the time zone would be British no?!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 31, 2022 02:11

It's the Marquee Club and already available officially.

Date: October 31, 2022 04:26

well its well past midnight now in britian so i guess we'll see if anything happens at midnight eastern time or pacific time

Date: October 31, 2022 04:33

Hmmmm

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 31, 2022 04:44

Halloween

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2022 06:00

2 minutes to Eastern time.

I'm not waiting up for Pacific time.

JUST TELL US ALREADY!

And it better not be a lyric video. I already know all the words and I don't want to be told we're "Talkin' bout the Midnight Wrangler!"

Date: October 31, 2022 06:02

midnight on the east coast

anyone notice anything?

besides how crazy we arewinking smiley

Date: October 31, 2022 06:19

Nada

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 31, 2022 08:15

treaclefingers
2 minutes to Eastern time.

I'm not waiting up for Pacific time.

JUST TELL US ALREADY!

And it better not be a lyric video. I already know all the words and I don't want to be told we're "Talkin' bout the Midnight Wrangler!"

By the way, isn't there already a lyric video of "Midnight Rambler" by ABKCO? (in the case you still might forget the lyrics, treacle..)

So probably all we will get is this particular live performance of "Midnight Rambler" in the spirit of Halloween. I wouldn't mind being wrong...

- Doxa

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-31 08:19 by Doxa.

Date: October 31, 2022 08:48

treaclefingers
Stoneage
Sure Treacles - if you consider his age he's doing well. I can't help to notice the increasing nasality though. And I don't know if that is an age thing really. It kind of started in the mid nineties and developed from there.
I'm fine with the fact that most people are not bothered with that. It's just a personal observation.

Stoneage, I agree with you on that observation, and noticed he started doing that at the same time and I believe it had to do with 'vocal training' or something I read some time ago. Maybe to help preserve his voice?

I recall when the cuts to Alfie came out they were a bit hard to take. I thought more recent things like Doom and Gloom and Easy Sleazy sounded in very good form though.

Yeah, the peak of nasal period was ALFIE. Since then Mick, thankfully, has cooled down. For example, BLUE & LONESOME showed us a total different Mick, singing 'straighter' and without much of those typical cliches and tricks he, I think, overdid previously. Sounding like trusting more on the power of his voice. In "Gotta Get A Grip" he did the same (I always thought that the nasal and over-pronouncing was a way to hide losing the strength of his voice, so I was surprised by the change). The same goes for the 'new' TATTOO YOU material from last year (especially "Slow Walking" is an incredible performance from him). Then again, the nasal technique and over-pronouncing is very much present in "Strange Game", but I think that belongs very much to the character of the song Mick acts there (well, as a singer, Mick is always an actor).

I'd like to think that the reissue project, starting with EXILE and SOME GIRLS, might have affected Mick's approach in singing. Like hearing younger version of himself and then being forced to imitate that (and like concluding that 'hmmm... to sound good, I don' t need all those technical tricks I am so used to')

Anyway, what goes for nasal, it sometimes works brilliantly. Damn, listen the studio version of "Waiting On A Friend": Mick sings straight from a nose (and sounds terrific)! Other masterful uses of it, but not so obvious, can be heard on things like "Winter", "Rocks Off" and "Evening Gown". There his use of it is so natural that one cannot almost notice it. That's acting at its best.

- Doxa

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-31 09:31 by Doxa.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2022 16:10

Doxa
treaclefingers
Stoneage
Sure Treacles - if you consider his age he's doing well. I can't help to notice the increasing nasality though. And I don't know if that is an age thing really. It kind of started in the mid nineties and developed from there.
I'm fine with the fact that most people are not bothered with that. It's just a personal observation.

Stoneage, I agree with you on that observation, and noticed he started doing that at the same time and I believe it had to do with 'vocal training' or something I read some time ago. Maybe to help preserve his voice?

I recall when the cuts to Alfie came out they were a bit hard to take. I thought more recent things like Doom and Gloom and Easy Sleazy sounded in very good form though.

Yeah, the peak of nasal period was ALFIE. Since then Mick, thankfully, has cooled down. For example, BLUE & LONESOME showed us a total different Mick, singing 'straighter' and without much of those typical cliches and tricks he, I think, overdid previously. Sounding like trusting more on the power of his voice. In "Gotta Get A Grip" he did the same (I always thought that the nasal and over-pronouncing was a way to hide losing the strength of his voice, so I was surprised by the change). The same goes for the 'new' TATTOO YOU material from last year (especially "Slow Walking" is an incredible performance from him). Then again, the nasal technique and over-pronouncing is very much present in "Strange Game", but I think that belongs very much to the character of the song Mick acts there (well, as a singer, Mick is always an actor).

I'd like to think that the reissue project, starting with EXILE and SOME GIRLS, might have affected Mick's approach in singing. Like hearing younger version of himself and then being forced to imitate that (and like concluding that 'hmmm... to sound good, I don' t need all those technical tricks I am so used to')

Anyway, what goes for nasal, it sometimes works brilliantly. Damn, listen the studio version of "Waiting On A Friend": Mick sings straight from a nose (and sounds terrific)! Other masterful uses of it, but not so obvious, can be heard on things like "Winter", "Rocks Off" and "Evening Gown". There his use of it is so natural that one cannot almost notice it. That's acting at its best.

- Doxa

Great analysis, and I'll go with your deduction on his listening to 'younger self'. Makes sense and explains the departure from the 'Alfie-approach'.

I remember hearing Old Habits Die Hard on the radio (they were actually playing a MJ solo tune!) in the day, and the DJ came on after and ridiculed the vocal, likening it to "Elmer Fudd"..."Wah..haha...I'm gonna get you you wascally wabbit!"

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 31, 2022 16:22

Doxa
....(well, as a singer, Mick is always an actor). ...

- Doxa

What an interesting observation ! Exactly so!

And it's perhaps a very big part of Mick as a singer and performer .

He sort of has a number of different "charactors" that he slips into for the appropriate songs .

I'd never thought of it like that before .

Thanks Doxa ...brilliant !

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 31, 2022 18:08

Okay, just to clarify: Jagger's ever growing nasality is not just "an act" as some propose - it's an actual physical phenomena. Just listen to how his talking voice have changed through the decades and you'll understand.
Of course he's trying to handle this on stage but it's still there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-31 18:31 by Stoneage.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 31, 2022 18:15

Alfie?

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: October 31, 2022 18:17

So what became of that so-called midnight tweet? Much ado about nothing, I assume?

Date: October 31, 2022 18:50

snoopy2
Alfie?

Alfie

Date: October 31, 2022 18:50

sf37
So what became of that so-called midnight tweet? Much ado about nothing, I assume?

A clock emoticon for midnight in Midnight Rambler, I presume.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 31, 2022 19:00

DandelionPowderman
snoopy2
Alfie?

Alfie

Ah, thanks.. That’s a young looking Michael Caine

Date: November 1, 2022 13:24

Stoneage
Okay, just to clarify: Jagger's ever growing nasality is not just "an act" as some propose - it's an actual physical phenomena. Just listen to how his talking voice have changed through the decades and you'll understand.
Of course he's trying to handle this on stage but it's still there.

You may have a point. The way he has spoken recently (decades?) in interviews is pretty funny sounding. Most people's voice when they get older, gets lower, but his higher. To me that doesn't sound natural at all (but like trying to give a younger and more vital expression of himself). But then again, that's public Jagger. He is well-known for changing way to talk to different occassions. The question is if he does talk like that in private?

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-01 13:34 by Doxa.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 1, 2022 14:23

Of course our natural speaking and singing voices will change with age

...but Mick has always been one of those people who drops into different ways of speaking, often employing different accents and idioms, depending on who he's talking to.

A lot of it is conscious and affected , like his often heard "mockney" wide boy act, but it does also appear to be something he does without thinking.

It's a type ...some folks do this, whilst others project the same persona regardless of who they are interacting with .

What it says about us psychologically , I haven't got a clue winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...567568569570571572573574575576577...LastNext
Current Page: 572 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home