Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...564565566567568569570571572573574...LastNext
Current Page: 569 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 27, 2022 21:36

Doxa
Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman
I don't care if Ronnie sings all the tunes, with Matt on harmony vocals, as long as we'll get the new album! grinning smiley

For more than a quarter of a century, I've really liked Bard a great deal and always respected his opinions. Then I read the post above.

Haha I was also thinking that does he really see the vocals such a minor thing in Rolling Stones sound that some half-arse singer like Ronnie Wood could do them? The Stones without Jagger's voice would be like them without Keith on guitar or Charlie Watts on drums... Hmm...wait a minute..

- Doxa

Well, it's quite common amongst guitar players that they think about the guitar as the main thing in their band's sound and about vocals as nothing more than a nice embellishment...
...only to realize in envy that the paying audience stares at the lead singer most of the time!

Things like this broke up many bands, I can tell you!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 27, 2022 21:40

KRiffhard
Hairball
Hope Keith sings lead on a song (or two) on the new album.
One of the reasons the Blue and Lonesome covers album suffered was because there were no vocals from Keith - not even backup vocals.

If the songs aren't poor like Infamy, Losing my Touch or This Place is Empty.

As always a matter of taste, but for me, Losing My Touch is a Keef Classic!!!

Date: October 27, 2022 21:42

treaclefingers
Rip This
Hairball
ProfessorWolf
Hairball
One of the reasons the Blue and Lonesome covers album suffered was because there were no vocals from Keith - not even backup vocals.

oh wow i didn't even consider the possibility of keith not getting his two songs

that would be a real bummer for me if the new album lacks at least two keith numbers

Yes it would be a bummer for most Stones fans.
Hoping for at least one...
No it would not. I think most fans just want something solid....and B & L DID NOT suffer because of no KR vocal track.....who in their right mind ever said that other than you?

It's a nice to have not a have to have; depends on the song. Example, You Got The Silver or BTMMR definitely yes. Infamy, no thank you.

Perfect summary, Treacle. Just perfect.

Date: October 27, 2022 21:49

doitywoik
VoodooLounge13
4. That no matter its quality we all just be happy that we have a new Stones album to listen to without bitching about this or that track!

Yeah, let's do the bitching now, that'll save us time later on! I'll start with: They could have left off that lame reggae track ...

Now see, I'd look forward to that reggae track. A soul one, a blues one, a gospel one, a great short rocker like RJ, at least one husky-voiced Keef song, and a ballad so good it's almost as good as Almost Hear You Sigh, the only modern day song that holds up to the likes of Ruby Tuesday and Moonlight Mile!!

Since for all purposes, this is most likely the end, I say let Ronnie and Steve each have writing credits if needed in order to get one HELL of a final swan song. Something that maybe the critics loathe right now, but we all love and then 20-30 years later, the critics all realize what a superbly amazing album it is!!!

How great would it be if Giles Martin mixed the album?!?!?!? Since they're headed to LA to wrap the album, I fear that Was is still onboard and will once again produce, as he lives nearby.

Date: October 27, 2022 21:49

VoodooLounge13
KRiffhard
Hairball

Of course, but you're also a fan of "Thru And Thru" that is another major borefest for me - I honestly ask myself how many (if any!) people would listen to that kind of stuff if isn't Keith performing?

Date: October 27, 2022 22:01

retired_dog
VoodooLounge13
KRiffhard
Hairball

Of course, but you're also a fan of "Thru And Thru" that is another major borefest for me - I honestly ask myself how many (if any!) people would listen to that kind of stuff if isn't Keith performing?

As I type this response, I have just put on Thru & Thru. For starters, it isn't Keef performing........it's The Rolling Stones!!! That opening guitar work...really the whole beginning of the guitar and just Keef's vocals with some smattering of cymbals here and there thrown in....It's great. The slow build-up....it's like foreplay. There's an anticipation that one doesn't quite know where we're going, or what's coming. And BOOM, BOOM. Charlie comes pounding in with those echoing drums. My GOD!!!! And still we continue the build-up. How long can we continue? And just when it can't possibly get any better..........Keef figuratively kicks over the mic stand and unleashes that guitar at us. Driving, trading licks/beats with Charlie. It's a rhythmic back and forth building toward climax!!!!

Holy sh. It might very well be THE best song on the album!!! Hard to say really, as I really love Baby Break It Down and usually have that in my Top 50 Stones songs, but then so is Thru & Thru and Love Is Strong.

It's definitely the best closer of the modern era. For me anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-27 23:24 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: z ()
Date: October 27, 2022 22:03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-27 22:10 by z.

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: October 27, 2022 22:06

They should let Ronnie do the cover art.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 27, 2022 22:08

DiegoGlimmerStones
cool smiley

officialkeef New sounds on the horizon!

[www.instagram.com]

smileys with beer

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 27, 2022 22:10

Charlie keeps rolling on Stones’ new album

Simon Boyle
27 Oct 2022

Getty

LATE ROLLING STONES drummer Charlie Watts will feature on some tracks for the band’s latest album.

I revealed earlier this month that the rockers were preparing to release a new record.

And now guitarist Ronnie Wood has said Charlie will be included.

The album will be the first the group, which also includes Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, have put out without Charlie, who died in 2021.

Ronnie said in an exclusive chat: “We are recording the new album now and we are going to LA in a few weeks to carry it on and finish it off.

Charlie is on some of the tracks and drummer Steve Jordan.” Ronnie also confirmed the group would be hitting the road again next year.

The Stones will announce new dates for the US in due course, with British fans having to jet out to the States if they want another chance to see them in the next year or so.

I was lucky enough to watch them on the first night of the European leg of their Sixty tour and it was one of the best gigs of my life.

Their latest record, which will be out next summer, will be the first studio album of original material released for almost two decades.

And a music insider told me: “They’ve had a knock in recent years, but the show goes on – and the Stones always do.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 27, 2022 22:54

Cristiano Radtke
DiegoGlimmerStones
cool smiley

[www.instagram.com]

smileys with beer

keith sure looks focused

also he's wearing the same headphones as i am right now

Date: October 27, 2022 22:57

Have they ever recorded in Electric Studios before? This one is certainly a worldly album!!!! Would have loved for them to have had a mobile unit with them to record whilst on tour, as the inspiration caught them!!!!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 27, 2022 22:58

VoodooLounge13
retired_dog
VoodooLounge13
KRiffhard
Hairball

As I type this response, I have just put on Thru & Thru. For starters, it isn't Keef performing........it's The Rolling Stones!!! That opening guitar work...really the whole beginning of the guitar and just Keef's vocals with some smattering of cymbals here and there thrown in....It's great. The slow build-up....it's like foreplay. There's an anticipation that one doesn't quite know where we're going, or what's coming. And BOOM, BOOM. Charlie comes pounding in with those echoing drums. My GOD!!!! And still we continue the build-up. How long can we continue? And just when it can't possibly get any better..........Keef figuratively kicks over the mic stand and unleashes that guitar at us. Driving, trading licks/beats with Charlie. It's a rhythmic back and forth building toward climax!!!!

Holy sh. It might very well be THE best song on the album!!! Hard to say really, as I really love Baby Break It Down and usually have that in my Top 50 Stones songs, but then so is Thru & Thru and Love Is Strong.

It's definitely the best closer post of the modern era. For me anyway.

totally agree

also it was good enough for the sopranos to use for the season 2 finale

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 27, 2022 22:58

ProfessorWolf
Cristiano Radtke
DiegoGlimmerStones
cool smiley

[www.instagram.com]

smileys with beer

keith sure looks focused

also he's wearing the same headphones as i am right now

Wow...he let's you get THAT CLOSE?!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: October 27, 2022 23:08

Tired: joint in a tray next to Keith.
Tired: cup of booze next to Keith.
Wired: Advil.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 27, 2022 23:12

Cristiano Radtke
DiegoGlimmerStones
cool smiley

[www.instagram.com]

smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Date: October 27, 2022 23:25

bam

??? All I see is the Advil and baby powder...

Date: October 27, 2022 23:35

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
retired_dog
VoodooLounge13
KRiffhard
Hairball

totally agree

Ok, ok, for you it's a masterpiece, I just hear no melody to speak of nor any interesting riff and someone repeatedly mumbling "waiting on a call from you.waiting on a caal from you.waiting on a caa-haal from you" while the bands gets louder and louder during the proceedings to create "tension". Sorry, for me it is what it is. But of course, tastes are different. Some even like "Infamy", and it's not the end of the world!

Date: October 27, 2022 23:41

LOL I'd be one of them folks! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bam ()
Date: October 27, 2022 23:56

VoodooLounge13
bam

Yup, booze and weed are out; Advil is in.

Date: October 28, 2022 03:46

bam
VoodooLounge13
bam

Yup, booze and weed are out; Advil is in.

Coming Down Again

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 28, 2022 04:49

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
retired_dog
VoodooLounge13
KRiffhard
Hairball

totally agree

A classic latter day masterpiece from Keith and the Stones...hauntingly beautiful. thumbs up
I was fortunate to see it performed several times during the Licks tour...would be nice if he would play it again some day!

Date: October 28, 2022 04:57

VoodooLounge13

You know that people like you are rarer than the Blue Mauritius, aren't you? You simply deserve unlimited access to Keith's dressing room next tour. I'll give Jane Rose a call!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 28, 2022 05:27

retired_dog
VoodooLounge13
KRiffhard
Hairball

You make a moot point.

Your answer is in your question.

Date: October 28, 2022 06:17

retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

You know that people like you are rarer than the Blue Mauritius, aren't you? You simply deserve unlimited access to Keith's dressing room next tour. I'll give Jane Rose a call!

Ha! If only!!! It’s a good tune and worked well live I thought.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 28, 2022 07:28

Steve J on the seat to Keith’s right??

Rod

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 28, 2022 09:49

Or Bernard?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 28, 2022 13:12

Doxa
What I learn here is that it must be a "bummer for most Stones fans" to listen STICKY FINGERS, since there is no Keith solo tune.

Seemingly since there is no point any longer in bitching about the lack of new album, it is time to bitch about the possible content of the album (and seemingly good old bitching about the set lists is nicely connected here).. grinning smiley

- Doxa

spot on, Doxa.

plexi

Date: October 28, 2022 14:31

bitusa2012
Steve J on the seat to Keith’s right??

I was thinking the same. Don’t think it’s Bernard since the person seems to be seated.

Date: October 28, 2022 17:17

timbernardis
Doxa
What I learn here is that it must be a "bummer for most Stones fans" to listen STICKY FINGERS, since there is no Keith solo tune.

Seemingly since there is no point any longer in bitching about the lack of new album, it is time to bitch about the possible content of the album (and seemingly good old bitching about the set lists is nicely connected here).. grinning smiley

- Doxa

spot on, Doxa.

plexi

Spot on as usual from Doxa, indeed.

I justed wanted to start bitching about the (possible!) use of autotune on Mick's lead vocals on the new album, but now I hold back.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...564565566567568569570571572573574...LastNext
Current Page: 569 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home