Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: June 23, 2017 20:00

I think it's miraculous that the Rolling Stones, 55(?) years later are 1) still alive 2) still touring and selling out enormous stadiums and arenas and 3) still working on creating new music. With those things said, it's irrelevant to me if a new album ever gets released. What matters is they're still a band that cares about the band and the music. The fact that they're still getting together to work on new music is all that matters.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 23, 2017 20:54

@Gaetzi

...You have really written a wonderful "concept"...I totally agree!thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 23, 2017 21:23

KRiffhard
Maindefender
KRiffhard
heinz57
It looks like the Stones may do some more recording in London later in February, with the aim of having a new album of original material done in time for the summer tour, if there is one. We'll see.

Thanks Heinz! thumbs up

I wish I could dispute Heinz, but his 10 posts have been proven fairly accurate. Wish he wouldn't go back into hiding on this one though.......eye rolling smiley

thumbs up

Heinz...where are you?!!

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 23, 2017 21:56

stone4ever
LongBeachArena72
slewan
stone4ever

The fact that this new album is taking so long might be a good thing though, maybe because its probably their last album Keith might be digging his heels in and fighting with Jagger over things, a very good sign if true.

I think that the fact that it takes so long to release an album is rather a bad sign. If you have good stuff you don't have to re-work it again and again. In case you have mediocre stuff there seems much more reason to rework it, to add something, to overdub, reproduce it etc etc.

They're just looking for a 'direction.' Once they find one, all will be well. I know that Ronnie is a fan of One Direction. Perhaps The Stones can borrow their direction.

A far as the glimmers are concerned they don't seem to give a damn what Ronnie thinks. Times change though. Hey LongBeach you looking forward to the video releases for the new singles as much as me?
I love all that Saint Of Me and Love Is Strong Videos.
I bet you get all excited about that side of things winking smiley
Bowies Black Star, now that was something.

As you know young riffhards I am a fount of optimism when it comes to the Rolling Stones. So yes I am so looking fwd to videos that have Kristen (sp?) Stewart in them. Of course, I also have a root canal next week that I am nearly equally looking fwd to.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 23, 2017 22:10

LongBeachArena72
slewan
stone4ever

The fact that this new album is taking so long might be a good thing though, maybe because its probably their last album Keith might be digging his heels in and fighting with Jagger over things, a very good sign if true.

I think that the fact that it takes so long to release an album is rather a bad sign. If you have good stuff you don't have to re-work it again and again. In case you have mediocre stuff there seems much more reason to rework it, to add something, to overdub, reproduce it etc etc.

They're just looking for a 'direction.' Once they find one, all will be well. I know that Ronnie is a fan of One Direction. Perhaps The Stones can borrow their direction.

hoho; i have faith. After all when you look at the big picture they used to be sorta back street boys when they were the new kids on the block. But then it's boys II men and the direction was jamaica bay, city rollers rockin' the reggae. I'm sure they'll work it out. I'll stand by my prediction.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 23, 2017 22:17

KRiffhard
Heinz...where are you?!!

Try the condiment aisle... ;-)

Posted by: heinz57 ()
Date: June 24, 2017 00:07

KRiffhard
KRiffhard
Maindefender

Heinz...where are you?!!

Hi KR and Maindefender. I'm still here. I don't have any new information to add right now. I've heard the same things you have, that Keith went into the sessions this month with some unfinished riffs for songs, and that Mick had some slick polished demos. Hopefully they could combine Keith's roughness with Mick's slickness and work together to produce some great songs. I'll try to find out more from my sources and let you know if there's anything new to report.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 24, 2017 00:25

Unfinished riffs? You mean Keith couldn't find the "B" after the "D-G"?

So, the new release will instead be Doom and Gloom -- the album, or, Goddess in the Doorway Pt. 2.

This may actually be the first new, original Stones album I don't purchase.

Date: June 24, 2017 01:06

I mean great riffs but unfinished songs. Personally I think they should maybe give Ronnie Wood a chance to add to the songwriting if they can't get the songs done between Mick and Keith. They have a great songwriter in the band in Ronnie but they're not using him very much in that capacity.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 24, 2017 01:16

LongBeachArena72
stone4ever
LongBeachArena72
slewan
stone4ever

A far as the glimmers are concerned they don't seem to give a damn what Ronnie thinks. Times change though. Hey LongBeach you looking forward to the video releases for the new singles as much as me?
I love all that Saint Of Me and Love Is Strong Videos.
I bet you get all excited about that side of things winking smiley
Bowies Black Star, now that was something.

As you know young riffhards I am a fount of optimism when it comes to the Rolling Stones. So yes I am so looking fwd to videos that have Kristen (sp?) Stewart in them. Of course, I also have a root canal next week that I am nearly equally looking fwd to.

Lol good luck with that. I was scheduled for a root canal a few weeks ago, but then the dentist notice a crack in the root. He advised me to have the tooth yanked (or extracted as he called it), and now I have one less tooth to worry about. It was a useless molar in the very far back that was only good for biting the the inside of cheek, so it is not missed! grinning smiley

Date: June 24, 2017 01:16

heinz57
I mean great riffs but unfinished songs. Personally I think they should maybe give Ronnie Wood a chance to add to the songwriting if they can't get the songs done between Mick and Keith. They have a great songwriter in the band in Ronnie but they're not using him very much in that capacity.

While I've never liked Ron Wood as a Stone, I think he was fantastic in Faces and with Rod Stewart.

But since those days, what talents has he shown as a songwriter? (I'm not trolling here--I'd really like to know.)

I'm unfamiliar with any of Mr Wood's solo work so pointers would be appreciated.

But pls send only "great" songs. I don't mean adequate, pretty-good-for-a-solo-record songs. Got plenty of those from Mick and Keith. Which are Ron's truly great songs?

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 24, 2017 01:47

LongBeachArena72
heinz57

While I've never liked Ron Wood as a Stone, I think he was fantastic in Faces and with Rod Stewart.

But since those days, what talents has he shown as a songwriter? (I'm not trolling here--I'd really like to know.)

I'm unfamiliar with any of Mr Wood's solo work so pointers would be appreciated.

But pls send only "great" songs. I don't mean adequate, pretty-good-for-a-solo-record songs. Got plenty of those from Mick and Keith. Which are Ron's truly great songs?

Ronnie, to my knowledge, has never written a truly great song.
I Can Feel The Fire and Mystifies Me come close though.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-24 02:00 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 24, 2017 02:15

heinz57
KRiffhard
KRiffhard
Maindefender

Heinz...where are you?!!

Hi KR and Maindefender. I'm still here. I don't have any new information to add right now. I've heard the same things you have, that Keith went into the sessions this month with some unfinished riffs for songs, and that Mick had some slick polished demos. Hopefully they could combine Keith's roughness with Mick's slickness and work together to produce some great songs. I'll try to find out more from my sources and let you know if there's anything new to report.

You're dead to us (just kidding). smileys with beer

Date: June 24, 2017 03:11

video: [www.youtube.com]

Here's a beautiful song by Ronnie from his last solo album, called "I Gotta See"

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 24, 2017 04:37

stone4ever
LongBeachArena72
heinz57

[www.youtube.com]

He co-wrote "Stay With Me" with Rod Stewart and "It's Only Rock n' Roll" with Mick (uncredited) Also, "everything is turning to gold" is great!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 24, 2017 05:13

[www.youtube.com]

Ronnie's talents as a songwriter are very much underappreciated.

Dance Part 1....Take A Look AT The Guy, ...Pretty Beat Up...

Date: June 24, 2017 06:32

video: [www.youtube.com]

Here's aanother beautiful song by Ronnie called "Breathe on Me", from his second solo album. Don't forget he also wrote such songs with Rod and the Faces as Stay With Me, You Wear It well, Mandolin Wind, and Every Picture Tells a Story. He's also co-written songs with the Stones such as It's Only Rock and Roll, Black Limousine, Dance Pt. 1, and with Bobby Womack, I got Lost When I found You, and I Can Say She's Alright, among others. On the live Buried Alive album, he wrote Buried Alive, FUC Her, Mystifies Me (about Pattie Boyd), infekshun, Lost and Lonely, and Come to Realize, as well as Breathe on Me and I Can Feel the Fire. Not a bad list of songs.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 24, 2017 07:11

pretty beat up!
an absolute ronnie's master piece

Date: June 24, 2017 07:27

Thanks, all. Listened to the suggestions. Think I dug "Breathe on Me" best. All very pleasant, serviceable songs. None great, in my humble opinion. In other words, any of them would have fit nicely on any latter-day Stones record. Why not throw him a bone or two on the new album? Might break up the 70 minutes of Jagger/Richards pabula we've come to expect.

Date: June 24, 2017 08:07

heinz57
KRiffhard
KRiffhard
Maindefender

Heinz...where are you?!!

Thanks Heinz! thumbs up

Date: June 24, 2017 08:44

Ronnie also co-wrote 4 songs on the Dirty Work album, One Hit to the body, Fight, Dirty Work, and Had it with You. He also co-wrote Hey Negrita on Black and Blue.

Date: June 24, 2017 11:07

Send It To me
stone4ever
LongBeachArena72
heinz57

[www.youtube.com]

He co-wrote "Stay With Me" with Rod Stewart and "It's Only Rock n' Roll" with Mick (uncredited) Also, "everything is turning to gold" is great!

He wrote Ooh La La and Debris with Ronnie Lane as well. Wonderful songs.

Date: June 24, 2017 11:07

heinz57
Ronnie also co-wrote 4 songs on the Dirty Work album, One Hit to the body, Fight, Dirty Work, and Had it with You. He also co-wrote Hey Negrita on Black and Blue.

thumbs up
PS: Heinz remember to call your sources!smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-24 11:09 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 24, 2017 11:15

+ 1 smoking smileythumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 24, 2017 13:49

its bull shit there isn't room for Ronnie Wood to contribute with regards to songwriting ...his grooves and solo material especially, are better than probably Jagger and Richards solo works in total...he should be included for sure...

Date: June 24, 2017 16:06

Rip This
its bull shit there isn't room for Ronnie Wood to contribute with regards to songwriting ...his grooves and solo material especially, are better than probably Jagger and Richards solo works in total...he should be included for sure...

I think Ronnie should stick to painting, it's something he's good at winking smiley

Date: June 24, 2017 16:24

stone4ever
Rip This

I think Ronnie should stick to painting, it's something he's good at winking smiley

C'mon, riffie, if there's room for "look what the cat dragged in" and "infamy" on a stones album, then there's room for some mediocre tune from ronnie, no?

Date: June 24, 2017 18:15

LongBeachArena72
stone4ever
Rip This

C'mon, riffie, if there's room for "look what the cat dragged in" and "infamy" on a stones album, then there's room for some mediocre tune from ronnie, no?

You got me there LB. Infamy is the biggest pile of crap to ever come from Keith.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 24, 2017 19:10

I'm sure they are reasonably cordial mates personally and for work.but actually they are pretty cynical when it comes to Ron they never bothered to nurture his obvious gifts and give him opportunities to really foundationally merge and meld as a creative musician and writer and to whatever extent a singer.they have scrapes the bottom of the barrel and then somewith their material over the years. There is no way that having Ron contribute more organically would be anything other than at least some refreshingingredients.
his songwriting with faces and the early Stewart albums is more than legit.they are their own worst enemies. I guess we should just be glad that they haven't done that to any other band members over the years, because that would be just ridiculous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-24 19:14 by hopkins.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 24, 2017 20:51

stone4ever
LongBeachArena72
stone4ever
Rip This

You got me there LB. Infamy is the biggest pile of crap to ever come from Keith.

No doubt - can't get past that sound effect he uses (sounds like a jews harp), and the song goes nowhere really fast.
As far as Ronnie being a good painter? Hmmm....I think he should stick to being a DJ..something he was really good at. winking smiley
And he was a pretty good bass player as well.

I Can Feel the Fire is the best solo tune he's ever released imo. (partial credit to Micks backup vocals).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home