Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 22, 2017 15:39

As an aside, can anyone inform me how many copies of Crosseyed Heart have sold to date ??
Half a million maybe ??

Where is Georgelicks when you need himsmiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 22, 2017 16:17

Blue and Lonesome has staying power.
Sirius XM Channel Bluesville plays different cuts from it ALL the time.
I've heard almost every single song on that station.

The DJ on that channel last night played 'Ventilator Blues' and commented that although the channel had been playing lots of the "new" album, he dug deep into the catalog for that one!

On a personal note, my wife really DIGS B&L and commented that she likes "that kind of music". Last night, I had it playing as dinner music and my 15 and 17 year olds were dancing to it.

Don't ever underestimate the power of The Rolling Stones.
I'm getting more and more excited about the new album with each tidbit of news.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 22, 2017 20:38

Curious as to what sort of contribution Keith will have on the new album considering his "minimal" presence on Blue and Lonesome. Relegated to mainly rhythm, I recall the difficulty of some people actually hearing much of him, or crediting him wrong when it was actually Ronnie. Live was another story as he was basically the "band leader" for those new blues covers. Add in the fact that he had no lead vocals on B&L, and his presence was somewhat under the radar for the most part. He claims to have three or four dynamite riffs...will they evolve in to new Stones songs? If so, will they really be any good after going through "Stones" machine? Will they be similar to what happened with One More Shot...sounding kind of lame? Steve Jordan claimed Keiths original version was far superior, so it does make you wonder what will happen with these new "dynamite" riffs. Will Keith have another slow tempo ballad? Or another lame sounding Infamy? Will he have a song with lead vocals at all?

As for Blue and Lonesome - while it's impossible to say one way or the other, I have doubts about what kind of "big" impact it might have had with the younger listeners. Can't imagine a teeny bopper tossing away their Ed Sheeran, Kate Perry, and Drake albums, and then all of the sudden become a blues aficionado. There will be some who pick up a guitar and attempt to learn some blues licks, but overall it was probably a novelty. Even for some older people (Stones fans or not) , it was basically a novelty of blues covers - fun to listen a few times to but not much staying power in the big picture that is the Stones. I'm in that category as I haven't listened to it since after the first few weeks of release. Hopefully the recording process and production will carry over to the new album of originals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 20:39 by Hairball.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 22, 2017 20:51

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
The singles (Just Your Fool, Ride 'Em On Down and Hate To See You Go) have between 4 and 5 million streams on Spotify.

Some of the ol' farts are probably streaming, but I'm pretty sure a substantial number of youngsters have checked out our beloved blues group as well...

That's true but those numbers are damn far from any kind of 'hit' category...

- Doxa

We can't expect 70-75 year old musicians to make «hits», can we?

This album got the recognition and sales it deserved + turned on young people to the blues. We can't ask of more than that, imo.

First, DP is right: there is no way in the current business for a band like The Stones to have a "hit." It would be roughly equivalent to Dean Martin suddenly becoming popular on underground FM radio in the early 70's: never gonna happen.

Second, the streaming numbers of Blue & Lonesome are a) strong when compared to other classic rockers, and b) pathetic when compared to the music business as a whole.

For purposes of comparisons by scale: a song that is streamed 5,000,000 times on Spotify will generate a payment of approximately $20,000. (Which is then divvied up between artist, publisher, songwriter, and Spotify itself). All of the songs taken together on Blue & Lonesome have generated to date about $140,000 in payments.

Drake's "One Dance" generated nearly $5,000,000 in payments in 2016. That's one song.

One final note on how the new business paradigm is impacting the creative side of music. This is from an interview at billboard.com with Spotify executive Troy Carter:

What makes Drake such an ideal artist for the streaming era?

Drake doesn't lock himself into an album cycle. When Drake wants to put out music and he feels like it's ready, Drake puts out music. So it's not the typical, "I'm gonna put out two singles, then launch my album, then go on tour, then wait two years and go back in the studio and release this music." I think he really has captured that rhythm of how fans want to consume music. They want to listen to the Views album, but when he comes out with "Fake Love" or any other song, they want that, too, and they don't want to have to wait for a year and a half for it. I think he really has great instincts for it and it's working.

Another of the many reasons why bands locked in to the album-as-major-statement paradigm are ill-equipped to prosper in the brave new world of streaming. The Stones could release music ALL THE TIME, if they wanted to, as it was finished and ready to go.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: June 22, 2017 22:24

Blue & Lonesome is by far the most boring "Stones" album and even blues cover album ever.

Gave it a listen twice when it came out and never again.
No energy, harp noodling in front mix all over, sh+tty production as always, poor guitars mixed down, just embarrassing.

Even Aerosmith did a much better, powerful job with their "Honkin' on Bobo".

i like even Majesties, Black&Blue, Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge and Bigger Bang much more than the deadly boring B&L-sh*t.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: June 22, 2017 22:27

Kurt
Blue and Lonesome has staying power.
Sirius XM Channel Bluesville plays different cuts from it ALL the time.
I've heard almost every single song on that station.

The DJ on that channel last night played 'Ventilator Blues' and commented that although the channel had been playing lots of the "new" album, he dug deep into the catalog for that one!

On a personal note, my wife really DIGS B&L and commented that she likes "that kind of music". Last night, I had it playing as dinner music and my 15 and 17 year olds were dancing to it.

Don't ever underestimate the power of The Rolling Stones.
I'm getting more and more excited about the new album with each tidbit of news.

"Dinner music" is the worst anybody could ever say about the Stones' music from my point of view. But you nailed it:-(

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 22, 2017 22:46

LongBeachArena72
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
The singles (Just Your Fool, Ride 'Em On Down and Hate To See You Go) have between 4 and 5 million streams on Spotify.

Some of the ol' farts are probably streaming, but I'm pretty sure a substantial number of youngsters have checked out our beloved blues group as well...

That's true but those numbers are damn far from any kind of 'hit' category...

- Doxa

We can't expect 70-75 year old musicians to make «hits», can we?

This album got the recognition and sales it deserved + turned on young people to the blues. We can't ask of more than that, imo.

First, DP is right: there is no way in the current business for a band like The Stones to have a "hit." It would be roughly equivalent to Dean Martin suddenly becoming popular on underground FM radio in the early 70's: never gonna happen.

*MD: There's not a lot of cutting edge music going on, not that today's album aren't interesting or listenable. The Dean Martin comparison is laughable.(gives Dean Martin eye roll...eye rolling smiley

Second, the streaming numbers of Blue & Lonesome are a) strong when compared to other classic rockers, and b) pathetic when compared to the music business as a whole.

*MD: 2 million is 2 million regardless of where it came from

For purposes of comparisons by scale: a song that is streamed 5,000,000 times on Spotify will generate a payment of approximately $20,000. (Which is then divvied up between artist, publisher, songwriter, and Spotify itself). All of the songs taken together on Blue & Lonesome have generated to date about $140,000 in payments.

Drake's "One Dance" generated nearly $5,000,000 in payments in 2016. That's one song.

*MD: Impressive thumbs up

One final note on how the new business paradigm is impacting the creative side of music. This is from an interview at billboard.com with Spotify executive Troy Carter:

What makes Drake such an ideal artist for the streaming era?

Drake doesn't lock himself into an album cycle. When Drake wants to put out music and he feels like it's ready, Drake puts out music. So it's not the typical, "I'm gonna put out two singles, then launch my album, then go on tour, then wait two years and go back in the studio and release this music." I think he really has captured that rhythm of how fans want to consume music. They want to listen to the Views album, but when he comes out with "Fake Love" or any other song, they want that, too, and they don't want to have to wait for a year and a half for it. I think he really has great instincts for it and it's working.

*MD: Agreed, the Stones should release a couple songs this Fall ahead of the album release in 2018. Everyone is doing it, but the Stones did do that in the 60's(release singles), maybe they are remembering that also. LCD Soundsystem released two great singles in the Spring and just announced a September album, containing the two singles.

Date: June 22, 2017 23:07

micawber
Blue & Lonesome is by far the most boring "Stones" album and even blues cover album ever.

Gave it a listen twice when it came out and never again.
No energy, harp noodling in front mix all over, sh+tty production as always, poor guitars mixed down, just embarrassing.

Even Aerosmith did a much better, powerful job with their "Honkin' on Bobo".

i like even Majesties, Black&Blue, Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge and Bigger Bang much more than the deadly boring B&L-sh*t.

I agree with you micawber, i found myself trying to like it because of all the hype surrounding it but apart from Just Your Fool and Ride Em On Down its a snooze fest of the highest order. This album only came about because either the boys couldn't agree on anything or they had writers block or something. After a ten year wait i expected mostly Jagger Richards compositions.

The fact that this new album is taking so long might be a good thing though, maybe because its probably their last album Keith might be digging his heels in and fighting with Jagger over things, a very good sign if true.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 22, 2017 23:19

stone4ever

The fact that this new album is taking so long might be a good thing though, maybe because its probably their last album Keith might be digging his heels in and fighting with Jagger over things, a very good sign if true.

I think that the fact that it takes so long to release an album is rather a bad sign. If you have good stuff you don't have to re-work it again and again. In case you have mediocre stuff there seems much more reason to rework it, to add something, to overdub, reproduce it etc etc.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 22, 2017 23:30

stone4ever

This album only came about because either the boys couldn't agree on anything or they had writers block or something.

The Boys had something I guess...maybe the blues.

Very fine album I think.

Date: June 22, 2017 23:34

slewan
stone4ever

I think that the fact that it takes so long to release an album is rather a bad sign. If you have good stuff you don't have to re-work it again and again. In case you have mediocre stuff there seems much more reason to rework it, to add something, to overdub, reproduce it etc etc.

I look at it this way, comparatively recent Stones albums have always had some sort of deadline. When Keith made Crosseyed Heart it spanned many many weekends over many years, and as a result i personally think it paid off, others will disagree of course ( they expected EOMS from the old devil ) and say it was crap.
Has Keith taken that longevity experience with him on this album ?

Its exciting just imagining what's going down with this new album,

Does Mick have writers block ?
Are the boys falling out ?
Is Keith putting his foot down and insisting these 3 or 4 killer riffs don't get buried in Micks web mix ?
Are they past it and just can't finish it ?
Has Keith come up with a few more Killer Riffs ?
Has Mick found his mojo again ?

Man i can't wait for this album, it really is going to be shit or brilliant smileys with beer

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 22, 2017 23:34

slewan
stone4ever

Sympathy For The Devil turned out okay.....>grinning smiley<

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 22, 2017 23:52

Please keep the discussion here ON TOPIC. If you want to discuss other albums, please use other threads. This thread is about the new studio album not out yet.

Bjornulf

Date: June 22, 2017 23:58

Hairball
Curious as to what sort of contribution Keith will have on the new album considering his "minimal" presence on Blue and Lonesome. Relegated to mainly rhythm, I recall the difficulty of some people actually hearing much of him, or crediting him wrong when it was actually Ronnie. Live was another story as he was basically the "band leader" for those new blues covers. Add in the fact that he had no lead vocals on B&L, and his presence was somewhat under the radar for the most part. He claims to have three or four dynamite riffs...will they evolve in to new Stones songs? If so, will they really be any good after going through "Stones" machine? Will they be similar to what happened with One More Shot...sounding kind of lame? Steve Jordan claimed Keiths original version was far superior, so it does make you wonder what will happen with these new "dynamite" riffs. Will Keith have another slow tempo ballad? Or another lame sounding Infamy? Will he have a song with lead vocals at all?

As for Blue and Lonesome - while it's impossible to say one way or the other, I have doubts about what kind of "big" impact it might have had with the younger listeners. Can't imagine a teeny bopper tossing away their Ed Sheeran, Kate Perry, and Drake albums, and then all of the sudden become a blues aficionado. There will be some who pick up a guitar and attempt to learn some blues licks, but overall it was probably a novelty. Even for some older people (Stones fans or not) , it was basically a novelty of blues covers - fun to listen a few times to but not much staying power in the big picture that is the Stones. I'm in that category as I haven't listened to it since after the first few weeks of release. Hopefully the recording process and production will carry over to the new album of originals.

Keith's mainly on rhythm on SG as well. That turned out ok? smiling smiley

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: June 23, 2017 01:37

This type of generalisation about how the Stones new album is progressing has been used before by Don Was and the statement by MelBelli on IORR which read -

"Stuff sounds good (I'm told); but quite a bit of work left, and still uncertainty about which direction some of it will go."

This sounds like a delaying tactic used by the Stones before when they have allegedly been working hard on composing new songs but it is increasingly looking like that they are stuck in a rut on what to do or where to go with what ever material they have created.
They do not owe their fans a new album and it may be that writers block curse has hit Jagger/Richards plus it becomes increasingly more difficult to create new material ( as they are also old farts ) and compose/create songs that will appeal to their fan base.
Anyway only time will tell and we can only hope that their creative juices can be regenerated so that a new album of Jagger/Richard songs can be released in the not so distant future.
That is what we all want and TTT's on Shidoobee is still indicating that the mighty Stones have one last masterpiece to deliver and I hope that this turns out to be true as they need to go out with a bang and not a whimper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-23 01:38 by stones40.

Date: June 23, 2017 01:47

stone4ever
slewan
stone4ever

I look at it this way, comparatively recent Stones albums have always had some sort of deadline. When Keith made Crosseyed Heart it spanned many many weekends over many years, and as a result i personally think it paid off, others will disagree of course ( they expected EOMS from the old devil ) and say it was crap.

(Yes, crap. But glad you liked it.)

I don't know what that means.

I thought the issue was that Mick came in with too many demos?

Of what?

Is Keith putting his foot down and insisting these 3 or 4 killer riffs don't get buried in Micks web mix ?

What is a web mix? In any event, if Keith has a 'killer riff,' what motivation would Mick have for suppressing it? He'd rather put out a shit album than an album that had a great Keith riff?

Yes. Yes, they are done. Put a fork in them.

I'm sure he has. CROSSEYED HEART is full of them.

Mick's mojo is waiting for him at the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniels. It's been waiting for him down there for quite a while, alas ...

Man i can't wait for this album, it really is going to be shit or brilliant smileys with beer

Date: June 23, 2017 02:06

DandelionPowderman
Hairball

Keith's mainly on rhythm on SG as well. That turned out ok? smiling smiley

Yes, and Some Girls is filled mostly with originals. thumbs up

But to clarify, I wasn't insinuating Blue and Lonesome suffered because of the minimal input of Keith on rhythm (or his lack of vocals). If you read my post again, it's clear I was contemplating what he will bring to the new album. Will his input be as minimal as it was on B&L? Will he have a lead vocal? Etc. There's other reasons for Blue and Lonesome being subpar, but won't rehash all of that as it's been said rather bluntly in several of the posts above. A shame more it wasn't played live as that's where these blues covers truly shine. But back on topic...new album...looking forward to it.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 23, 2017 02:40

Yeah, that's what struck me about Keith's guitar presence on B&L -- it seemed more of a retreat than an attack. Such a world away from the days of how songs used to open with chunky, up-front riffs like in Can't You Hear Me Knockin' or Start Me Up. On some tracks, he seemed awfully low in the mix. Is this to cover up for Keith's apparent perceived deficits lately as a driving rhythm player? Is this new less Keith, more Wood balance a sign of what is to come for the new album?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-23 02:43 by stonehearted.

Date: June 23, 2017 02:59

LongBeachArena72
stone4ever
slewan
stone4ever

(Yes, crap. But glad you liked it.)

I don't know what that means.

I thought the issue was that Mick came in with too many demos?

Of what?

What is a web mix? In any event, if Keith has a 'killer riff,' what motivation would Mick have for suppressing it? He'd rather put out a shit album than an album that had a great Keith riff?

Yes. Yes, they are done. Put a fork in them.

I'm sure he has. CROSSEYED HEART is full of them.

Mick's mojo is waiting for him at the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniels. It's been waiting for him down there for quite a while, alas ...

Lol bravo Longbeach, you answered all my questions confused smiley

Web mix ? yeah i think Mick bury's Keith as much as he can in recent albums, puts him down in the mix, its like Mick's web for Keith. Yeah the rivalry goes that deep, so deep it cancels them out, even at the cost of a better album, one of the reasons they ended up so disappointing as artists to your ears.

Date: June 23, 2017 03:05

DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman

Do you think that 2 million people bought it because it was a blues cover album?

If so, someone else than the regular «ol' farts» must have bought it, right?

What do you mean? Those 2 million will be mostly Stones fans, and they bought it because they are Stones fans (and probably also like the blues). And mostly will be 40+. I got it for Xmas because I never know what to ask and it beats socks (and I never wear ties).

It's one more million people who bought this album than ABB. And that happened now – in times where people don't really buy a lot of physical albums. Way more people bought CDs in 2005.

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure there were others that were turned on this time. I bet Georgelicks can tell more about those numbers..

i think you are confused. a bigger bang sold over 1 million copies in the usa alone. blue and lonesome has only sold 2 million worldwide. worldwide sales for a bigger bang are over 3 million

Date: June 23, 2017 03:05

stone4ever
i think Mick bury's Keith as much as he can in recent albums, puts him down in the mix, its like Mick's web for Keith. Yeah the rivalry goes that deep, so deep it cancels them out, even at the cost of a better album, one of the reasons they ended up so disappointing as artists to your ears.

Those two old queens really need to bury the hatchet. Somewhere other than in each others' backs, of course.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 23, 2017 03:29

stone4ever
As an aside, can anyone inform me how many copies of Crosseyed Heart have sold to date ??
Half a million maybe ??

Where is Georgelicks when you need himsmiling smiley

It has sold about 300,000 copies worldwide.

Date: June 23, 2017 03:33

keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman

Do you think that 2 million people bought it because it was a blues cover album?

What do you mean? Those 2 million will be mostly Stones fans, and they bought it because they are Stones fans (and probably also like the blues). And mostly will be 40+. I got it for Xmas because I never know what to ask and it beats socks (and I never wear ties).

It's one more million people who bought this album than ABB. And that happened now – in times where people don't really buy a lot of physical albums. Way more people bought CDs in 2005.

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure there were others that were turned on this time. I bet Georgelicks can tell more about those numbers..

i think you are confused. a bigger bang sold over 1 million copies in the usa alone. blue and lonesome has only sold 2 million worldwide. worldwide sales for a bigger bang are over 3 million

[chartmasters.org]

A Bigger Bang (2005)

America
US – 650,000
Canada – 100,000
Argentina – 130,000
Brazil – 45,000
Mexico – N/A

Asia
Japan – 140,000

Oceania
Australia – 30,000
New Zealand – 10,000

Europe – 1,230,000
UK – 140,000
France – 175,000
Germany – 250,000
Italy – 175,000
Spain – 50,000
Sweden – 55,000
Netherland – 70,000
Switzerland – 30,000
Austria – 25,000
Finland – 5,000

World – 2,550,000

Blue And Lonesome has sold over 2.050,000 copies to date, but its much better sales than ABB because album sales are down over 75% since 2005.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-23 03:34 by georgelicks.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 23, 2017 04:28

georgelicks
keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman

[chartmasters.org]

A Bigger Bang (2005)

America
US – 650,000
Canada – 100,000
Argentina – 130,000
Brazil – 45,000
Mexico – N/A

Asia
Japan – 140,000

Oceania
Australia – 30,000
New Zealand – 10,000

Europe – 1,230,000
UK – 140,000
France – 175,000
Germany – 250,000
Italy – 175,000
Spain – 50,000
Sweden – 55,000
Netherland – 70,000
Switzerland – 30,000
Austria – 25,000
Finland – 5,000

World – 2,550,000

Blue And Lonesome has sold over 2.050,000 copies to date, but its much better sales than ABB because album sales are down over 75% since 2005.

Blue & Lonesome was a surprise hit .. and it sold very well. Nobody expected it to perform anywhere near as well as it did... and in fact.. it was of the biggest hits if not thee biggest of the winter .. at least for a good period of time it was. An international Success and hit record ...and it was a covers album. Who would of ever thunk it?

Now tell us George Licks.. you have been absent during all this studio work .. What have you heard about said album .. its content.. and any release time frame yet?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-23 04:30 by IanBillen.

Date: June 23, 2017 04:36

georgelicks
keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman

[chartmasters.org]

A Bigger Bang (2005)

America
US – 650,000
Canada – 100,000
Argentina – 130,000
Brazil – 45,000
Mexico – N/A

Asia
Japan – 140,000

Oceania
Australia – 30,000
New Zealand – 10,000

Europe – 1,230,000
UK – 140,000
France – 175,000
Germany – 250,000
Italy – 175,000
Spain – 50,000
Sweden – 55,000
Netherland – 70,000
Switzerland – 30,000
Austria – 25,000
Finland – 5,000

World – 2,550,000

does that have everything counted? those are almost the same worldwide sales total from the end of 2006

still someone said blue and lonesome has sold more when it hasn't

Date: June 23, 2017 05:11

stonehearted
Yeah, that's what struck me about Keith's guitar presence on B&L -- it seemed more of a retreat than an attack. Such a world away from the days of how songs used to open with chunky, up-front riffs like in Can't You Hear Me Knockin' or Start Me Up. On some tracks, he seemed awfully low in the mix. Is this to cover up for Keith's apparent perceived deficits lately as a driving rhythm player? Is this new less Keith, more Wood balance a sign of what is to come for the new album?

These are questions that I've been wondering also.
Since Crosseyed Heart was recorded over a long period, can't tell if that's actually the way he played at the time of it's release. For example, was the riff of Trouble actually recorded 10 years ago?
I know he played decent at Desert Trip and Vegas, but a far cry from the glory days. Not only was he covered by Ronnie, but also Chuck as well -I clearly remember being up front and during the opening riff of Little T&A mid riff Keith raised his hands off the guitar in one of his awkward poses, yet the riff continued. It was then I noticed Chuck back in the corner laying it down on keyboards...like the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain...or like Blondie hiding under the stage. And the Apollo tribute show to Merry Clayton...Keith didn't sound very pretty to put it mildly.

So yes, the question of "is this new less Keith, more Wood balance a sign of what is to come for the new album" is pertinent. Also, with all the studio wizadry and gadgetry these days, maybe there will be some computerized faux guitar sounds, along with Chuck who can make his keyboards sound like a guitar. I hope not, but the state of Keith's playing as of now is a mystery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-23 05:12 by Hairball.

Date: June 23, 2017 05:30

IanBillen
Now tell us George Licks.. you have been absent during all this studio work .. What have you heard about said album .. its content.. and any release time frame yet?

The band is still working on the album, at least 12 new songs were recorded during the past 18 months but it looks as some of the material lacks 'focus on it', people at Universal talked about some good stuff and some uneven songs.

There's no pressure at all to get the thing ready and done yet, maybe we can get a new single released during the early fall, that's the rumour in Universal.

Today, June 23, chances for the album released this year is 70/30 NO, it was 50/50 in April so we can do the maths...

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 23, 2017 05:42

georgelicks
IanBillen

The band is still working on the album, at least 12 new songs were recorded during the past 18 months but it looks as some of the material lacks 'focus on it', people at Universal talked about some good stuff and some uneven songs.

There's no pressure at all to get the thing ready and done yet, maybe we can get a new single released during the early fall, that's the rumour in Universal.

Today, June 23, chances for the album released this year is 70/30 NO, it was 50/50 in April so we can do the maths...

A single from the album or just a single song? hmmmmm?

Seems like they need a bit more time ... I tell ya .. they better do this one right.. being as they have had plenty of time by the time its ready

Date: June 23, 2017 05:54

IanBillen
georgelicks
IanBillen

Seems like they need a bit more time ... I tell ya .. they better do this one right.. being as they have had plenty of time by the time its ready

Things don't seem as productive and fluent as I thought they would be, and the notion of a "happy family" in the studio I envisioned is probably fictional.
Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall, but then again it might be get pretty nasty in there...eye popping smiley...safest thing is to just be patient and hope for the best.

Date: June 23, 2017 06:00

IanBillen

Just a new song, like many artists are doing nowadays, released 4-5 months in advance to streaming services.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home