Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2017 06:53

Might just end up with another Greatest Hits, and if we're lucky they'll add a couple of new tunes to it ala GRRR and 40 Licks.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: February 15, 2017 07:12

Keith was in Connecticut February 10 and 11....Freezing with lots of snow. Usually at this time of year he is in the warm islands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-15 07:14 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: February 15, 2017 07:54

Hairball
Might just end up with another Greatest Hits, and if we're lucky they'll add a couple of new tunes to it ala GRRR and 40 Licks.

That would be awesome. But I’d be satisfied with some alternative takes and extended versions of Keys To Your Love and Losing My Touch.

It’s unreasonable to have any expectations for new material at this point (it was unreasonable 30 years ago). The very most we can hope for is that Ronnie does the cover art.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 15, 2017 08:47

Swayed1967
Hairball

That would be awesome. But I’d be satisfied with some alternative takes and extended versions of Keys To Your Love and Losing My Touch.

It’s unreasonable to have any expectations for new material at this point (it was unreasonable 30 years ago). The very most we can hope for is that Ronnie does the cover art.

eye popping smiley

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: February 15, 2017 16:05

Please not another Greatest Hits collection! They've done so many. Grrr seemed rather redundant so soon after 40 Licks, although it was nice have the newer tunes. Of course I already had virtually everything else on it!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 15, 2017 16:10

It will be a studio album, not another compilation.

Date: February 15, 2017 16:22

Rocky Dijon

Hope so!

Date: February 15, 2017 16:25

Rocky Dijon

thumbs up

Date: February 15, 2017 18:21

Rocky Dijon

Evidently that's the goal (according to various quotes from band members and Was), but can they all get on the same page after 'hitting the wall' last year?.
Recording separately and in short spurts doesn't really equate to a cohesive band effort, but time will tell...hopefully.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 15, 2017 18:37

Most of the demos are from voodoo-bridges-forty sessions + few new ones, therefore, we'll see ... (IMO)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-15 18:37 by mariano.

Date: February 15, 2017 18:44

mariano
Most of the demos are from voodoo-bridges-forty sessions + few new ones, therefore, we'll see ... (IMO)

Most?

I think Mick said he had a brand new large batch of demos he recorded and was anxious to work on - some with a Stonesy vibe and others not so much.
That's more than likely where they 'hit the wall', so maybe they decided to dig deeper into the past?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 15, 2017 19:00

(who knows my friend, we'll see ....)

F-licks has forty or fifty re-takes finished

they've been re-working old-demos from those sessions. That's what i think

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 15, 2017 19:01

Look at their approach to recording this album as being similar to their approach to touring. A relaxed schedule in short bursts of activity that are not taxing. This is what they are willing to do in their seventies and still continue as a band. As for the drama around the sessions, not saying it is all fabricated, but the Stones and Don Was know precisely what they are saying and the impression it creates in the media and among their fanbase. When the album is released, they will credit BLUE AND LONESOME for getting them back to their roots and giving them the boost to make the best Stones album in decades. No, I don't think the new album will be a roots effort. It will be the same mix of styles we always get, but the selling point will be to credit the blues sessions for getting them back on the path to be on fire again creatively. This was discussed last year when deciding how best to promote the album (2 CD set or standalone releases or digital download only, etc.). I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has heard this info.

Date: February 15, 2017 20:18

mariano
(who knows my friend, we'll see ....)

F-licks has forty or fifty re-takes finished

they've been re-working old-demos from those sessions. That's what i think

...and maybe you're right:
"There's about 10 or 12 new songs that Mick actually has been cooking up," says Wood, "and Keith's got the odd one, too." Richards suggests that at least some of the songs might be unfinished compositions that date back 15 years or more"
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/inside-the-rolling-stones-new-album-blue-lonesome-w450645

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 15, 2017 20:24

To be honest with you, I could go another Blue & Lonesome.

I actually feel The Stones are better with the blues than Dylan is with Frank Sinatra / Great American songbook, and that if they keep doing the blues I'd continue to love, appreciate, and enjoy them doing so.

Date: February 15, 2017 20:48

tomcasagranda

I actually feel The Stones are better with the blues than Dylan is with Frank Sinatra / Great American songbook, and that if they keep doing the blues I'd continue to love, appreciate, and enjoy them doing so.

Please not another blues covers.
After 12 years it's time for original stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-15 20:49 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 15, 2017 21:12

KRiffhard
tomcasagranda

Please not another blues covers.
After 12 years it's time for original stuff.

I agree---As much as I liked the Blues I much rather the Stones make a NEW album of Original songs.
We know they can do it.. They just need to take their time and work together on making a great Stones
album.

Date: February 16, 2017 00:38

The Blues album was a decent release, but nothing that should stand shoulder to shoulder with their greatest albums of originals.
But based on their inferior original albums from the last 35+ years, the blues album was indeed a welcome surprise.
That being said, maybe/hopefully it will reignite their creative juices, and they'll record and release something original that's of a higher quality.
Doesn't matter if it's Mick's demos (as long as they don't hit a wall again), Keith's demos, or something that dates back to 15 years - if it's good it's good

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 16, 2017 02:43

The Stones had, around September last year, 6 or 7 recorded NEW songs but, on their own words, it looks like the stuff is not as good as expected or they're not very confident about it, even Ronnie said about re-cut the whole stuff again this year.

All we know is:
1- Mick has over 30 songs/demos
2- Keith has 2 songs (both are on the 6-7 new songs already done)
3- The band and Don Was are not too sure about Mick's demos, it looks as much of his stuff is not very-Stones, or very hard to make a Stones song out of it.
4- They are not interested in more than 1-2 weeks of work, 7-8 hours each day with weekends off and with 3 months off between sessions, they even cancelled studio work on late November/early December due the Christmas season.
5- The whole new album could take long to be done, they are in no hurry to finnish it.

Date: February 16, 2017 03:43

"Keith has 2 songs (both are on the 6-7 new songs already done)"

I'd love to hear Keith's two new finished songs recorded w/the Stones- even in their early/unfinished demo/embryonic stage.

"The band and Don Was are not too sure about Mick's demos, it looks as much of his stuff is not very-Stones, or very hard to make a Stones song out of it".

In other words, Keith's songs have 'Stones' written all over them while Mick's do not.
Two words for Mick: Solo Album.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 16, 2017 03:48

“I‘ve got three songs and they‘re dynamite." grinning smiley
Keith, on his interview for Uncut magazine.

Date: February 16, 2017 11:57

Cristiano Radtke

Imo this album it's basically already done, despite their statements.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 16, 2017 12:20

I don't think Mick has released very much of his own material since SuperHeavy; he must have a stockpile though.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 16, 2017 12:51

It seems the road block in 2015 was Mick's interpretation of his songs for the new album. Interesting that Keith wouldn't let it happen, he realizes this cannot be a lost opportunity. Certainly Mick can't want the Stones to sound like some of the crap that's out there today, he must know after B&L we prefer the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 16, 2017 18:42

Is it confirmed studio time in London next week?!?cool smileythumbs up

Date: February 16, 2017 18:52

mailexile67
Is it confirmed studio time in London next week?!?cool smileythumbs up

Heinz57, where are you?! Give us some news!
smiling bouncing smiley

Date: February 16, 2017 19:03

Maindefender
It seems the road block in 2015 was Mick's interpretation of his songs for the new album. Interesting that Keith wouldn't let it happen, he realizes this cannot be a lost opportunity. Certainly Mick can't want the Stones to sound like some of the crap that's out there today, he must know after B&L we prefer the Rolling Stones.

I hope so! Most of us will never get to comprehend what goes on in the sacred inner circle, but the impression is out there that Mick likes to embrace current trends while Keith - not so much. One hopes Mick would have learned something from his solo efforts that weren't so successful. Somebody just posted some video on FaceBook of Mick doing some Stones songs from his first solo tour. He was obviously trying to incorporate some then-current vibes into the stage show. Personally, I felt embarrassed for him while watching it.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 17, 2017 00:42

KRiffhard
Cristiano Radtke

Imo this album it's basically already done, despite their statements.

Keith started his solo album on early 2012, he spent almost 3 years doing it, on and off (it sounds familiar?) and it was hold off for release during 10 months at least.

Blue and Lonesome was already done in December 2015, yet it was hold off for a whole year too.

These guys have no rush anymore, some people are so DESPERATE here waiting for news ALL DAY, ALL DAYS.

Someday the album will be done, that's sure, but don't expect it anytime sooner than late 2017 at least.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 17, 2017 18:45

Hairball
"Keith has 2 songs (both are on the 6-7 new songs already done)"

I'd love to hear Keith's two new finished songs recorded w/the Stones- even in their early/unfinished demo/embryonic stage.

"The band and Don Was are not too sure about Mick's demos, it looks as much of his stuff is not very-Stones, or very hard to make a Stones song out of it".

In other words, Keith's songs have 'Stones' written all over them while Mick's do not.
Two words for Mick: Solo Album.

'Not very Stones'.
What does that mean exactly?
Consider The Beatles latter (and some would say their best) work. Very different contributions from John and Paul. Fans still enjoyed.
Quite often not all four in the studio together.
Yet the job got done.

Date: February 17, 2017 19:54

I know Mick probably likes to overthink things but they all could take some pointers from Blue & Lonesome. Stick to simple chords and riffs and they have the likelihood of creating some fine Rolling Stones music.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home