Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 12, 2017 21:49

Even they can't continue to play what they think the audience wants.
Maybe it is even better to release something genuine Stonesish in the wake of Blue & Lonesome in Summer than around Christmas.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 12, 2017 22:07

I still remember Keith and Ronnie talking about releasing a new album after ABB "pretty quick if we want to work on it while on tour", that was on October 2005 and we had to wait more than 11 years for the next new album.
B&L was released TWO months ago and some folks in here are expecting the new one in June... eye popping smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 12, 2017 22:28

B&L is a cover album recorded in three days...After 12 years a new album of originals should be very appreciate...smoking smileythumbs up

Date: February 12, 2017 22:34

I doubt that they'll touring Europe after only three years with the same "concept" and the same set-list...They need a refresh with new stuff, 3-4 new songs and a new "concept" should be a good idea!

P.S.They'll make sold out also with the same old set-list...But they are the Rolling Stones not an old "Vegas" Act...C'mon!

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: February 12, 2017 22:49

It would be nice to see them freshen up the act a bit. If they're doing stadiums, at least unveil a new stage design and mix up the songs a little.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 12, 2017 22:52

georgelicks
I still remember Keith and Ronnie talking about releasing a new album after ABB "pretty quick if we want to work on it while on tour", that was on October 2005 and we had to wait more than 11 years for the next new album.
B&L was released TWO months ago and some folks in here are expecting the new one in June... eye popping smiley

Yeah well I do see your point because I thought even June would be a touch early from a market saturation / marketing standpoint being as they just released Blue & Lonesome in December. Fall is when album sales seem to work best these years.

I was expecting a new studio album in late summer (August / September) with a possible return to the states in the fall or something along those lines. That would be do-able .. As far as actual recording 'time' is concerned .. they would of have had ....<pleeeeeeenty>... of actual time of to record one.. I mean .. it will have been a year and a half or more.

Ian

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 12, 2017 22:58

Ok, wishful thinking, nothing new, the Vegas Show and three B&L songs during the frst week on the b-stage and less to come afterwards.
Especially if they play Azerbeidjan, Northern Corea and Indonesia where they didn't chart they consider playning warhorses to be more useful. At least, we can expect Pant It Black to be a regular as it is THE download hit.

Ok, wishful thinking coming true. I'm sure that Mick is writing all the time and that he wants it to be released. He knows it will cause mockery under his name therefore it becomes Jagger/Richards. Maybe even Keith has something left despite Crosseyed Heart that Mick can turn into a Jagger/Richards just like Almost Hear You Sigh from Steel Wheels.

Europe and the Summer are a good place and time considering that here is a huge audience open-minded/open-eared (so to say) for something genuine by the Stones. Didn't B&L even fared better in the Old World than in the US?!

Maybe it will be easier to be No. 1 in Summer than No. 4 instead of No. 1 next Christmas (and Andrew Oldham joking, I made a mistake by locking them in the kitchen...). If sales figures are of minor interest today, they can gain the prestige of being No. 1 at least.

It took them four days from the first to the last take for Blue & Lonesome, I think three weeks to do A Bigger Bang - on and off Mick's house more or less. How many weeks do they already have had?

With Matt and Chuck in addition, Don Was can do another Exile II out of Mick's fully pre-recorded songs and Keith's bits and pieces.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 12, 2017 22:59

mailexile67
Don Was has said that they were in studio just a week ago...

Need a bit more context for that comment. A week ago Was was on the road with Last Waltz 40.

[blackbirdpresents.com]

Date: February 12, 2017 23:13

A week ago or so Don Was has spoken with "Ultimate classic Rock"...If he said that "They're in the studio right now" he said lies or it were true...eye rolling smiley
Then..."They're lusingate for B&L success...", so he's talking of a period after mid December...So The end of January seems a reasonable choice!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 12, 2017 23:35

KRiffhard
ReginaPhalange
mailexile67
Don Was has said that they wereconfused smileyeye rolling smiley in studio just a week ago...

MJ was in Paris this week, this photo was captioned "working session"

Jagger with Charles Aznavour

...working session with Charles Aznavour?!

Actually in Paris with daughter Lizzie. Another clothes gig.

Date: February 12, 2017 23:45

mailexile67
I doubt that they'll touring Europe after only three years with the same "concept" and the same set-list...They need a refresh with new stuff, 3-4 new songs and a new "concept" should be a good idea!

P.S.They'll make sold out also with the same old set-list...But they are the Rolling Stones not an old "Vegas" Act...C'mon!

They will be touring BIG stadiums and BIG crowds, there's no room for more than 1 rare tune on big crowds, how much can you mix up on a 18-19 songs setlist with 14 immovable songs played at every show since 2005?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 13, 2017 00:20

mailexile67
A week ago or so Don Was has spoken with "Ultimate classic Rock"...If he said that "They're in the studio right now" he said lies or it were true...eye rolling smiley
Then..."They're lusingate for B&L success...", so he's talking of a period after mid December...So The end of January seems a reasonable choice!

Unless that quote comes from some previous interview for UCR, I haven't read Was saying that, at least on this article: [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Plus, Rolling Stones producer says band is recording in 'little bursts’.

Date: February 13, 2017 01:16

"You shape your life around making a record, and really, so far, there hasn't really been an appetite for that. So, we've been doing it in a couple of little bursts."
"But I will tell you we’re a ways off yet until we’re done"

Don Was right words.

Also, Ronnie's last words about the whole thing on December 2:
"We have sort of tentatively booked in the near future. But with everybody dealing with Christmas coming up, having a little bit of time to put your feet up because we haven't really stopped - I know Charlie wants the month of March off, which is fine: let's have a holiday, whatever. And I don't blame him! So by the time we've all done a bit of that, we'll get back in the studio and finish up what we've started the new songs-wise. Keith just tried to get us into the studio in New York last week. He said Can't we go in? Can't we find some time? It was Hang on, do us a favour, we've all got Christmas coming up, we've got to spent time with our families!... It's going to pick up steam again."

I was told about booked studio time in London around February 21-22, only for a week. As we see, March is off due to Charlie's request.

Date: February 13, 2017 07:32

Cristiano Radtke
mailexile67

Unless that quote comes from some previous interview for UCR, I haven't read Was saying that, at least on this article: [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Well .. I sorta think he means they have recorded or done stuff since the release of B & L .. as in there are 'current sessions' in progress here and there. Don Was said said the Stones are thrilled with the records reception and that has impacted the sessions (that means ...and reads ...that since the release of Blue & Lonesome .. which was December 2 .. The Stones have been in a recording session or sessions). That is how I took it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-13 07:40 by IanBillen.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 13, 2017 08:03

IanBillen
Cristiano Radtke
mailexile67

Well .. I sorta think he means they have recorded or done stuff since the release of B & L .. as in there are 'current sessions' in progress here and there. Don Was said said the Stones are thrilled with the records reception and that has impacted the sessions (that means ...and reads ...that since the release of Blue & Lonesome .. which was December 2 .. The Stones have been in a recording session or sessions). That is how I took it.

thumbs up

'You have helped make every Stones album since 1994’s Voodoo Lounge, so you know the band takes its time. I won’t ask you about when it will be done, but can you talk about the energy in the sessions?'
"The energy is f—ing great. And they are stoked about the response to Blue and Lonesome"

'I can imagine. It’s a pretty bad-ass record'
"Well, it’s them being them. It’s an affirmation of the band being itself. And I think that is having an impact on the sessions, which is great. But I will tell you we’re a ways off yet until we’re done.

Read More: Don Was on 'The Last Waltz 40' Tour and the Next Rolling Stones Album: Exclusive Interview | [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 13, 2017 16:50

(With no expectations)The record company should direct Mick to keep an album at 40 minutes tops. Maybe that will help clear Mick's head.......still could contain a dozen songs

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: February 13, 2017 17:16

Yep, keeping a new album trimmed down to what was once standard vinyl length would help ensure only the best tracks getting released. The Stones have surprised us many times with what they've released when people were writing them off as finished. Obviously, it can't go on forever but I'd bet the boys could have another surprise up their sleeves - even at this late hour! smiling smiley Hell, it's a totally different genre but Tony Bennett is still working at 90! Not sure I'd like to see the state of Keith's playing at 90 though...Jagger could easily be imagined still performing for many more years....We'll see.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 13, 2017 18:18

What is CW doing in March? Buying horses or Boogie gigs?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 13, 2017 19:23

Hopefully something original comes out sooner rather than later!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 13, 2017 20:20

Mick and Keith have both separately worked on the new album. If they're getting together later this month for a week in the studio, they will want to have very finished demos the band can use as a dub if they like them and Don Was and the label like them. As much abuse as Don Was takes on this board, he really isn't a yes-man. He tells them no much more than you would think and has from the start.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 13, 2017 20:23

HonkeyTonkFlash
Yep, keeping a new album trimmed down to what was once standard vinyl length would help ensure only the best tracks getting released.

Not... always.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 13, 2017 21:24

Hey I like their Four Tops outfits and Charlie in his pyjamas. As for the record itself....Little Steven played "One Hit (To the Body) " on UNDERGROUND GARAGE this weekend. I hadn't heard the song in years. Wonderful guitars and then it all goes wrong and stays there.

Date: February 13, 2017 21:38

Rocky Dijon
Mick and Keith have both separately worked on the new album.

sad smiley

Date: February 14, 2017 01:38

It appears this album is not the standard straight run through of writing .. and then long segments of recording right up until it's time to mix the album and then rehearse for a tour as has been with every album since their return in 1989.

This album has been being 'worked up' ..over time ... mostly in short recording bursts (a week or two at a time) ... in a few to several different locations. That is how this album is being done this time. I imagine they will buckle down when it's time to finish it off with a longer recording segment.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out or is perhaps a bit different than their albums over the past 28 years.

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-14 01:39 by IanBillen.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 14, 2017 02:37

Looking at a late Sept. release date followed by yet another NA tour to promote/sell.

Pure speculation, but thats my projection and I'm sticking to it cool smiley

Date: February 14, 2017 10:57

If it doesn't come out in June with the European Tour then I think that it will come out in December with an Australasian Tour in late January...

Date: February 14, 2017 11:01

...And next week studio time in London!!!cool smileythumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: February 14, 2017 12:12

mailexile67
...And next week studio time in London!!!cool smileythumbs upsmileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 15, 2017 02:43

Obviously their last Long Player. It's taking them this long... it's beyond ridiculous.

Date: February 15, 2017 06:08

GasLightStreet
Obviously their last Long Player. It's taking them this long... it's beyond ridiculous.

In a sense it is ridiculous.. and in another sense .. it just may be best or for the better with this one. After making albums for 50 years they know a how to go about making them. Every album is different.

Let me explain ... Mick Jagger said during the final stages of the mixing process of Bridges to Babylon in an interview .. "You see.. there are many different ways to make a Rolling Stones album" .. when asked why they chose the process they did for that album (was because he and Keith were not always agreeing as it turned out). He was very confident he knew how to go about it in relation to availability, material, and state of the band etc. (I remember those remarks vividlyand his remarks on that very vividly .. I never forgot it).

So with that said.. lets hope they are playing it the right way .. even know this is the incredibly long way around with this one. It may be for the better of the material .. Perhaps these songs need to settle in and evolve (as Woody sort of hinted at about the material) .. or perhaps short bursts every two or three months is the way this album is benefiting or is safe to maintain quality, strangely. Just some insight I was aware of and that I thought I'd share is all.

Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-15 06:11 by IanBillen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home