Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...689690691692693694695696697698699...LastNext
Current Page: 694 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 2, 2023 01:48

GasLightStreet
TV commercials - certainly they'll have one for the new album!

GOATS HEAD SOUP

IORR

BLACK AND BLUE

TATTOO YOU (LOL probably not a TV ad!)

LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER trailer

REWIND (Netherlands I think)

DIRTY WORK

STEEL WHEELS tour

JUMP BACK

VOODOO LOUNGE tour

STRIPPED

FORTY LICKS (Tumbling Dice and Jumpin' Jack Flash are misspelled!)

2012 hits comp

LIVE IN TEXAS (not for TV?)

50 AND COUNTING

BLUE AND LONESOME

NO FILTER tour 2018

HONK

NO FILTER US tour most likely for 2019 (TV? Probably not)

Thanks for posting all these! The movie trailer has of course been shown in "selected" (means, one or two) cinemas over here but the TV adds were all completely new to me. Never saw any of them on Austrian TV or the German channels in the cable network!

The Budweiser thing is funny, adds a whole new dimension to the song! LOL

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 2, 2023 03:13

GasLightStreet

Thank you!

There's some other TV ads on this thread: [iorr.org]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 2, 2023 03:17

VL13:
What is this? Remind me--I'm suffering from heat stroke of late, brain fry:
"And see that 2019 ditty about the tour..."

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 2, 2023 07:31

angee
VL13:

I think he was referring to this.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-02 07:34 by Topi.

Date: August 2, 2023 16:59

Topi
angee
VL13:

Wasn't this posted on social media only? (Hence GLS's comment "TV? Probably not")

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 2, 2023 17:30

doitywoik

Wasn't this posted on social media only?

19-Nov-2018 - [www.Facebook.com] .

Date: August 2, 2023 17:54

Yeah, it obviously wasn't a TV commercial.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 3, 2023 17:26

Topi
angee
VL13:

I was referring to that, Topi. Thanks for clarifying. Haven't been on here as much of late. It's just a great, catchy little thing. An album of stuff like this would be fantastic!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 3, 2023 18:10

Okay, ty. I hadn't heard that.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: August 3, 2023 18:18

I was referring to that, Topi. Thanks for clarifying. Haven't been on here as much of late. It's just a great, catchy little thing. An album of stuff like this would be fantastic!!!

Totally. love it. Want moooore.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 3, 2023 21:49

VoodooLounge13
...that 2019 ditty about the tour, Mick probably whipped up and thinks nothing of it, but that's some GREAT sh!t right there!!! That is exactly what I'm talking about!!! When they're not over trying, over enunciating, over attempting to be themselves, they roll out some phenomenal stuff!!

Yes that was a nice clip from Mick, and even though it was promoting a Stones tour, I'd say it's one of his best solo tunes ever - maybe even his absolute best. Wish it was longer.
With some help and input from Keith, it could morph in to an actual Stones tune and be on the new album. And with Bill on bass, it could rank up with some of the very best of the latter era.
And if not on the new Stones album, maybe Mick will unearth it from the vaults for his next solo album...bring in some special guests to enhance it, and voila!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-03 21:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 3, 2023 23:09

Right on, Hairball!!! Now if we take that one, and Really Wanna Tell The Truth, we've already got two bangers for the new album!!!

Really Wanna Tell The Truth

Date: August 3, 2023 23:56

Sounds cool, a full album featuring only toponyms! (The Keith songs consequently a reggae with Jamaican place names.) Maybe not quite as minimalistic as Soft Machine's "Concise British Alphabet" [youtu.be] but still a very creative effort. They might call it "A Concise British Toponymicon", with the deluxe version being the "Exhaustive British Toponymicon". - Hell, they could do that for every country or continent and make it into a shitload of new albums ... hot smiley

BTW, Soft Machine also did a part two of their Alphabet song [youtu.be] ... if the Stones did the same with their toponym albums, an (almost) infinite number of new albums might loom on the horizon!

Date: August 4, 2023 07:25

Hairball

Yes that was a nice clip from Mick, and even though it was promoting a Stones tour, I'd say it's one of his best solo tunes ever - maybe even his absolute best. Wish it was longer.
With some help and input from Keith, it could morph in to an actual Stones tune and be on the new album. And with Bill on bass, it could rank up with some of the very best of the latter era.

You mean Macca?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-04 07:26 by Topi.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 4, 2023 15:22

Topi
Hairball

You mean Macca?

Are you saying Paul's song will have better bass than Bill's?

Date: August 4, 2023 15:35

Ask 24FPS. winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 4, 2023 15:48

Topi
Ask 24FPS. winking smiley

Well, as you just said it, I'd rather ask you.

Date: August 4, 2023 16:42

Whether the Stones-Macca collaboration is any good is beside the point. It's historical! Right?

Date: August 4, 2023 16:44

Topi
Hairball

You mean Macca?

I thinks he is talking about Paul McWyman ... winking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 4, 2023 18:09

Topi
Whether the Stones-Macca collaboration is any good is beside the point. It's historical! Right?

You would think that about a Stevie Wonder - Macca collab, but it turned out to be Ebony and Ivory..

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 4, 2023 18:41

NilsHolgersson
Topi

You would think that about a Stevie Wonder - Macca collab, but it turned out to be Ebony and Ivory..

Macca by all reports plays a bass line on one track. That’s all

Date: August 4, 2023 20:07

Cristiano Radtke
GasLightStreet

Thank you!

There's some other TV ads on this thread: [iorr.org]

Yes great to see all those clips posted here from GasLightStreet, and also nice you posted the link to that great old thread, thanks Cristiano. thumbs up

VoodooLounge13
Right on, Hairball!!! Now if we take that one, and Really Wanna Tell The Truth, we've already got two bangers for the new album!!!

Really Wanna Tell The Truth

This appears to be two seperate snippets mashed in to one.
As I recall, the second part of the clip above is the original 'Tell the Truth' snippet which is a poppy, bouncy, dance type tune that sounds a bit like like a Maroon 5 tune or Jagger solo tune,
On the other hand, the first part of the video above is something entirely different and much more Stonesy rock and roll, and I definitely prefer that part.
But if they're officially meshed together, the results could be interesting? Maybe Paul will play bass on it and give it that infectious Silly Love Songs vibe.

Date: August 4, 2023 22:30

More Hot Rocks
NilsHolgersson
Topi

Maybe he"s gonna sing a perfect harmony as well.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 4, 2023 22:54

More Hot Rocks
NilsHolgersson
Topi

That’s all?

There are bass line's and bass line's so let's hope a recognizable Bass line by Paul ala Miss You

Date: August 5, 2023 00:53

NICOS
There are bass line's and bass line's so let's hope a recognizable Bass line by Paul ala Miss You

If it's to be a recognizable bass line à la Paul it'll rather be Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da ... winking smiley

Date: August 5, 2023 01:50

With all of this talk about special guests and collaborations, and given the fact that Mick has collaborated and guested on a couple of brother Chris's tunes (with mixed results), I've been wondering.............
Has Chris ever guested/ collaborated on a Stones tune studio or live? Maybe backup vocals? Maybe hand clapping? Can't think of any, but maybe an obscure unreleased Stones demo? Or maybe a Mick solo tune or two?
If not, might be time to bring him on board for the new Stones album...if Macca and Elton are invited, why not Chris? Then again, based on this recent Chris/Mick tune, might not be a great idea...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-05 01:55 by Hairball.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 5, 2023 03:13

Didn’t he get some credit on Blinded By Love for historical research or something?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 5, 2023 03:46

He's credited as literary editor on Almost Hear You Sigh and Blinded by Love and wrote the band bios in the Steel Wheels tour program (except for Keith's). He apparently contributed to DIRTY WORK as well, but he isn't officially credited.

Date: August 5, 2023 03:47

Hairball
With all of this talk about special guests and collaborations, and given the fact that Mick has collaborated and guested on a couple of brother Chris's tunes (with mixed results), I've been wondering.............
Has Chris ever guested/ collaborated on a Stones tune studio or live? Maybe backup vocals? Maybe hand clapping? Can't think of any, but maybe an obscure unreleased Stones demo? Or maybe a Mick solo tune or two?
If not, might be time to bring him on board for the new Stones album...if Macca and Elton are invited, why not Chris? Then again, based on this recent Chris/Mick tune, might not be a great idea...

Let's be honest: If this was a tune performed by the Stones, we would praise it to the skies!

Date: August 5, 2023 04:16

doitywoik

Let's be honest: If this was a tune performed by the Stones, we would praise it to the skies!

We would? eye popping smiley

Speaking for myself, I'll be completely honest...I don't think so. Makes the 'Tell the Truth' snippet sound like an absolute masterpiece. lol
Besides, Keith would probably veto it as fast as it came out of the speaker...in other words (or in his words) "This ain't Stones material..."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...689690691692693694695696697698699...LastNext
Current Page: 694 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home